• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

The current state NRL and certain players - your throughts?

BopGirl

Bluelighter
You've obviously all been watching the news ... seems like the NRL and some of their key players are permanently in the lime light now ...

I can't say their behaviour really shocked me. Majority footy players do have a certain label. BUT ... the degree of their actions was foul! When I heard that voice message on the news I couldn't believe it!

Sucked in that they got caught, because this would have to be one of the most embarrassing moments for some of them ... but seriously, do they really think it's going to get any better?

What do you think?

For those that obviously haven't been watching the news, what happened? I assume this is some kind of Shane Warne style dirty phone message thing?

Pleo.....

The NSW state of origin team were on a team bonding kind of thing. After the team went back to their hotel, a number of the players went back out again.

Anthony Minechello (sp?) took his mobile phone, which they had specifically been told not to do. Anyway, at some stage in the early morning, Mark Gasnier rang a women on Minichello's phone and left the following voice mail...

"[Woman's name], where the fuck are you? There's four toey humans in the
cab - it's 20 to four. Our cocks are fat and fucking ready to spurt sauce and
you're in bed. Fuck me - fire up, you sad c**t."

Both Gasnier and Minichello have been dropped from the team and other players involved have been fined.

There's a heap of other stupid behaviours like Willy Mason signing other players names on a kids collector album. Mason, Gasnier and Trent Waterhouse going to a brothel on the same night they were meant to back at the hotel.

meh
i dunno
a lot of guys talk like that.. i don't think they should be crucified so much. they're footballers, and everyone knows footballers are a little thicker than others. Sure they shouldn't be doing it, but i think its getting out of proportion. teh whole nrl is having to give in to what the media wants pretty much. once again an enterprise is manipulated by journalism =/

So far this season Willy Mason has been fined for a sex scandal in Coffs Harbour, using cocaine and visiting a brothel while on a drinking binge. You think they would learn....

... this is why I would never want to be in a position of fame. Lack of privacy.

You can not do something ridiculously stupid while pissed without the whole country hearing about it, and should someone you are associated with or in a team with do something ridiculously stupid, you too are slammed with the label they created.

Very sad indeed, especially for those players not involved.

Our cocks are fat and fucking ready to spurt sauce

if anything has come of this debacle, it's the fact that i now have a new pickup line to add to my repertoire.

Jubas the players are being crucified because they represent their clubs and a code that markets itself to women and young children.

When players leave msgs like that on peoples mobile phones they destroy the marketability of the code to those key demographics. Similarly the entire show is heavily dependent on corporate sponorship... and so the obvious question is what kind of sponsor is going to want to give thousands of dollars to a football team whos members act like a bunch of chauvanistic hooligans?

In any corporate enterprise, good branding and reputation in the marketplace is vital. When players act up like this they immeasurably tarnish that image and affect the viablity and profitability of the code (which is just like any other business really).

And seriously, these guys who are in their early 20's are on 100k+ salaries and get to play the sport they love for a living. It's really not a difficult lifestyle that they have to lead... all that is required of them is that they don't act like stupid dickheads and wankers.

It's really not a huge ask.

Last edited:
oh and mark gasnier - what a dickhead! I am a huge saints fan for my whole life, and i even went to school with gasnier, but fuck, he deserves to never play AGAIN. how dare he besmirch the good name of the mighty saints.

Macksta said:
Jubas the players are being crucified because they represent their clubs and a code that markets itself to women and young children.

When players leave msgs like that on peoples mobile phones they destroy the marketability of the code to those key demographics. Similarly the entire show is heavily dependent on corporate sponorship... and so the obvious question is what kind of sponsor is going to want to give thousands of dollars to a football team whos members act like a bunch of chauvanistic hooligans?

In any corporate enterprise, good branding and reputation in the marketplace is vital. When players act up like this they immeasurably tarnish that image and affect the viablity and profitability of the code (which is just like any other business really).

And seriously, these guys who are in their early 20's are on 100k+ salaries and get to play the sport they love for a living. It's really not a difficult lifestyle that they have to lead... all that is required of them is that they don't act like stupid dickheads and wankers.

It's really not a huge ask.

yeah, granted
but how much has it been blown out of proportion again.. if the media weren't so scandal hungry (and i suppose you can add society here) the whole issue wouldn't be such a big deal.

The intelligence of some football players never ceases to amaze me.
After all that has happened in the last few months, you would think
that they would at the very least think about their actions, and how they might impact on themselves and their clubs. Obviously not.
I'm sure the only reason Gasnier left a voice mail in the first place was because he hasn't learned how to spell yet. :\

Im just glad that I am not in the public eye..........cos I no for a fact that I have done stupid stuff like that.......ok, maybe not quite as graphic, but stupid and sexual on many occasions while under the influence of one thing or another.

Now with regard the rape allegations.............if it was genuine rape then they should be shot..........but seriousl;y.............what was she doing going back with them in the beginning.....

There is no doubt in my mind that most of these women are seeing an opportunity to make some extra doe and they see dollar signs whenever they see a dopey league player.

People reckon blondes are dumb............even a blonde can take advantage of a league player.

I find their behaviour fucking repulsive, but its a symptom of a deeper problem. These guys are plucked out of school and paid a salary that I can only dream of from the time they are knee high to a grasshopper. Their clubs do everything for them, hell they probably dont even have to wipe their own arses. They are surrounded by older club guys who have been behaving like that for years, and mothered through their late teens and early twenties thinking that they are gods gift to the universe.

What the fuck did everyone think would happen. If you dont want them to behave like this in the future, make their lives a god damn missery when they do it now.

MazDan said:
Im just glad that I am not in the public eye..........cos I no for a fact that I have done stupid stuff like that.......ok, maybe not quite as graphic, but stupid and sexual on many occasions while under the influence of one thing or another.

Now with regard the rape allegations.............if it was genuine rape then they should be shot..........but seriousl;y.............what was she doing going back with them in the beginning.....

There is no doubt in my mind that most of these women are seeing an opportunity to make some extra doe and they see dollar signs whenever they see a dopey league player.

People reckon blondes are dumb............even a blonde can take advantage of a league player.

^^^ errr right. So going back to someone's house means they have to have sex with someone yeah? And god forbid they may not want to, the man in question has the right to act like a two year old who isn't getting his own way and force himself on her.

No matter what the situation, forcing yourself on someone is not acceptable. I don't care what the woman is wearing, how much she has had to drink, how naive she is, whether she is in some guy's bedroom, or how drunk the guy is, none of these things condone rape.

"people reckon blondes are dumb" Is that right? You can't even spell or use correct grammar so I would refrain from making comments like that if I were you (and yes, I am blonde).

Bottom line; these 'men' (I use the term loosely) are acting like children - they deserve to be punished like children. They should, regardless of how drunk they get on occasion or how much they go out clubbing and pubbing, treat people with basic respect (considering the lifestyle that we, as fans, give them).

And yes Mazdan, I imagine if you act like a yobbo (in relation to your comments regarding being drunk and doing similar things) then there's no doubt in my mind that you can relate to them.

For the record, I've gone out and gotten drunk with male and female friends more times than I care to remember and no-one has acted the way those dickheads behaved and we all act pretty stupid sometimes.

p.s. LOL at preacha.

I rekon, try and imagine the sort of person who all their lives football has been the #1 focus of everything. A sport where you've gotta be permanently revved up, beefy and tough and you spend a heap of time with people who have a closed culture of over the top jock/blokey social stantards. Their lives revolve around knocking heads in a sporting game, sure there are plenty of football players who aren't wankers but it doesn't suprise me if they need a reality check after spending too much time on the football field. This is their big reality check and hopefully their heads will be cut down to size.

sunflower.. i think the whole point was that its not even certain if a rape occurred.. i mean, it was basically her word vs theirs. the police didn't have enough evidence to prosecute them, and as such they're legally free. The fact that they were fined for bringing the game into disrepute because a woman said she was raped is the issue that i think is the worst. None of us really know what happened that night, but the bulldogs were punished for it in one way regardless. If it was rape, i'm all for castration or something.. but the law has to have no reasonable doubt.

The taped voicemail message is physical proof.. but how the hell did the media get a hold of it?! shouldn't it have gone to the police only.. you have to question the motives of some of these victims i find.. how much money (if any) did they make from that recording? news broadcasters would have paid a tonne to have it first..
the game is only brought into disrepute when the media sensationalises something.. its saddening. i mean, i'm not particularly fond of rugby players, but if a woman can make an allegation, and not back it up with proof (ala rape case), AND the player gets in trouble anyway.. the players are in a lose lose situation.

i don't condone any actions that they *may* have taken, but i can't help but feel a little sorry for them.

^^ true, no-one will ever know what really happened - and I agree things have been blown out of proportion with the phone message. I am a Blues supporter after all! I'm not happy!

I just took offence to some of Mazdan's comments I guess. However.

Eh. State of Origin is going to suck this year.

^^^

Jubas I think you missed Sunflower's point. She's not commenting specifically on the Coffs Harbour rape allegations, she's responding to Mazdan's GENERAL personal views on what the explicit implication is if a woman goes back to a hotel room with a man.

The specific Coffs Harbour rape allegation have nothing to do with what she is talking about.

And anyway why would the voicemail have gone to the police? This isn't a police matter.The woman showed the message to the Roosters club first.

Have you ever thought that maybe the woman involved was really offended and insulted by the message and decided to release it to the media to help teach Mark Gasnier a lesson? Seems like a reasonable assumption to me.

'tis true ^^ - thanks for reading my ramble.

What I said still stands unfortunately, as much as I might sound a bit pissy. It disturbs me to hear so many anti-female comments generally in regard to this (from the people I know, not Bluelight so much).

The penalties might seem harsh but limits need to be set. It all comes down to respect and basic common sense which a lot of footballers don't seem to have. The way these guys have acted just means they're being made an example of - now, every time they so much as look at someone sideways, they're going to be judged, right or wrong.

:\