• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy Worst Psychedelics thread

Pimp Lazy said:
Are you bipolar? I've had substances known to be MDMA treat me in a similar way. I think mushrooms grab most people and push them rapidly from positive to negative emotions. Manic thoughts accompianed with extremes of emotion.
You may have a point there. A psychiatrist has once diagnosed me with bipolar type 2. You can see the effects of my first trip with shrooms here, which match your description.

Nealcassidy: Last year I had about 1g of homegrown stuff. I had made some bonding with these shrooms growing them and all, but I found that even at this dose, although I was completely in control, I was like a pressurised vessel that can explode at any time... I really wish low dose shrooms would provide me the warmth and peace you talk about...

5meo AMT along with DOB have to be championship contendors.

Mushrooms. I used to love em but something about them makes them seem a bit evil and toxic.

They pale in comparison to LSD, Ketamine, and DMT on pretty much every positive function in my opinion.

moosedog said:
Mushrooms. I used to love em but something about them makes them seem a bit evil and toxic.

:( Did you have a bad experience that discolored them for you? I've had a couple friends have this happen, one bad trip can cause you to stop trusting the substance. And if you don't submit yourself 100% to the substance and put your trust into it, it won't work well 'for' you, or rather, 'with' you.

Hope you can reestablish your previous relationship! I didn't like them for a while after my buddy wigged out, and I was afraid to try them again. One day I finally said 'fuck it', ate an 1/8 to get myself through the door, sat down on the couch 'with the shrooms' and just kinda 'thought it out' with them if you know what I mean. I just sat there and let logic take hold (or rather some positivly directed twisted shroom logic hehe), and came out on top of the situation once again =). After I felt comfortable with them once again and tapped back into how awesome the were for me originally, I felt like I was reunited with an old friend or something, and went ahead and ate another 1/8. Haven't had trouble since then =)

The shrooms can't hurt you unless your afraid they will ;)

You just have to trust them. My favorite piece of logic that puts my mind at ease and I will share with my friends if they are starting to 'lose the faith' during a trip is this: Human beings have been harvesting, storing, and ingesting these sacraments for THOUSANDS of years, (shrooms n cacti), and no matter how much you just took, it's pretty well guaranteed that MANY others have taken far far more than you, and they were all fine too.

Jamshyd said:
You may have a point there. A psychiatrist has once diagnosed me with bipolar type 2. You can see the effects of my first trip with shrooms here, which match your description.

Nealcassidy: Last year I had about 1g of homegrown stuff. I had made some bonding with these shrooms growing them and all, but I found that even at this dose, although I was completely in control, I was like a pressurised vessel that can explode at any time... I really wish low dose shrooms would provide me the warmth and peace you talk about...

I'm bipolar. And I'm at kind of a weird place with it. Finally reintegrating that it is normal me and acting appropriate even when I'm crazy. Mushrooms take most people and give them racing thoughts, but for someone who has the structure and chemistry to dip into that insanity with a normal cornchip doesn't need bemushroomed cornchip. I solved this problem for myself by never eating more than 1/16 oz of mushrooms and that's only when I'm at my most confident. I cannot delve into mushrooms like I can into LSD. I can maintain enough control on LSD to at least be appropriate. In fact two weekends ago I was at my friend's show and the guitar player (we all dosed) was tripping to hard so they called me up on stage. I was also tripping too hard as well, but that's a long story. Oh and the MDA thing made me ask in particular about the bipolar thing. MDMA/MDA make me have suicidal comedowns many times, but not suicidal experiences while on the drug.

I mentioned DXM earlier, but honestly I don't think of it as a psychedelic. I'm not too pedantic but I feel like such an awesome word, especially one coined because of LSD/mescaline, should retain much of its original meaning. DXM is a dissassociative/cough syrup ingredient as far as I'm concerned. The worst actual psychedelic I know of is DOB. I've had +++ with extra spice on it from DOB (maybe even ++++), but there is a sense of removal from the glorious wonderment. Kind of a hollow spiritual experience. The depressives' LSD.

PAX,
PL

LOL All this hate against Foxy,

I like 5-MeO-DMT, The sickness is easy to get around.

I dont consider any drugs worse then any other because in the end there all really bad for you and will totally fuck you over.

But DPH has my vote, (Diphenhydramine).

All it does is make me cold and bitter, it's hard to get the dose right to make you hallucinate cant be two low other wise it's pointless cant be too high or you'll throw up, also i think it does damage to your CNS cause sometimes for days after i'll be all twitchy and tweaky.

LOL Doesn't mean i wont do it.

Jesuzzzz said:
I dont consider any drugs worse then any other because in the end there all really bad for you and will totally fuck you over.

By your logic, slamming H is no worse than smoking gargantuan amounts of weed, because in the "end" (whenever or whatever that might be), they both are detrimental to your life.

Some drugs are absolutely worse for your mind and body than other drugs. You can't really argue against that.

And some drugs won't totally fuck you over in the end. A lot of people, especially on this forum, have gained huge amounts of experience, love and knowledge from the consumption of psychedelics.

Fuck, LOL I didn't think about that vary well.

STFU Drugs have fucked me up.

But all drugs still will mess you up eventually, even pot or pharmaceutical drugs.

Your right though, Some do it faster, But that also depends on how much you do what ever drug it might be.

LOL All this hate against Foxy,

I like 5-MeO-DMT, The sickness is easy to get around.

"Foxy"- isn't that a lame name for 5-Meo-DiPT, not 5-Meo-DMT. Unless you were making two completely seperate references in which case ignore me.

For me, AMT prouduced the cruddiest effects. Just stimulated, confused, unsociable and hot.

Toss up between 2c-i and 5-meo-dipt for me. Mushrooms I had a terrible time on but I've seen others have fantastic times on them as well, and i've tried some compounds similar to mushies and enjoyed them.

5-meo-dipt made me projectile puke hardcore during the come up, which didn't help since I was already experiencing one of the most confusing come ups in my life (words of advice: DONT SNORT THIS SHIT). It took me 2 hours to be able to get out of bed after puking, and the rest of the trip was alright.... but i'd say over half of the people I know that have tried it didn't like it at all.

2c-i was my first psych besides mushrooms and while I've never had a bad trip, I just don't feel like I get anything from it... it's like a really cool light show every time i take it with some odd physical sensations and not much else, just gets old, not something you need to do more than a few times.

I liked 5-MeO-DiPT, granted I was twisted and twangled on quite a few other things at the only occasion I had to try it.

Worst psychedelic?

I haven't met a psychedelic I didn't like. I've had some awful experiences (one of which was last night, TR to follow possibly :() but ever drug that has given me horrible experiences has also given me wonderful ones as well.

5-MeO-DiPT Is called Foxy Methoxy.

Some people call it foxy for short. or Fox.

It's was a playboy drug or something, Sex on it is really good,

I know first hand.

LOL I took 20mg's at once though
Craaaazzyy fucking star trip man, I'm never doing that again.

Thought i was flying through galaxies and there were like ghosts and stuff, i couldn't even move.

^You made it sound like you were referring to 5-Meo-DMT when speaking of "foxy" is all.

Or Random UnTest'd Pills Wif Crap (Who Knows What) In Them. Yes, UnS, Test Kit.

I'll go with DXM...

...but the reasons...

*I've only had it (deliberately) throu coughmed'cine.
*In that form, even at high (3rd+ plateau) doses,
the body load (fo' me) is enormous.

I still dig it,
but -personally-,
that method of administration
tends to make me aware the whole time,
of a 'sick' feelin'.

PEACE
UnS
:)

Out of the ones I've tried, 5-MeO-AMT, 5-MeO-DMT, and 5-MeO-DiPT were pretty bad. I guess 5-MeO-DMT is probably worth trying, as some people seem to get a cosmic bliss thing going on. It was like smoking pure terror to me though. 5-MeO-AMT just felt wrong in every way possible. 5-MeO-DiPT has a pretty neat tactile enhancement effect; it felt like I could feel each of the individual ridges of my fingerprint in extreme detail as I ran my fingers over objects. Other than that it was awful; nausea, jaw clenching, anxiety, the twitches, etc.

The DOx series gets a bad rap, IMO. I've known people that had bad acid trips and assume they must have taken DOB or something. I didn't like DOI. It made me very uncomfortable and nervous the entire time. DOB was ok, but could take it or leave it, and would not want a large dose. DOC and DOM were great, though I wish they lasted about half or 2/3 as long as they do.

2C-I is the crappiest of the 2C-x chemicals I've tried. I used it at doses from 12-25mg or so, and all it did was give me a headache and a sort of mental fog like I'd get from smoking too much poor quality cannabis (or rather, the feeling a few hours after doing so). Other people around me got completely fried on it and had a good time though. I'm not sure what the deal was with that.

2C-T-2 caused too much nausea to enjoy. It just wouldn't pass. I don't mind all that much if it is something that will go away after a while, but this just didn't let up until it was over. That puts a damper on everything for me.

DXM is definitely the busted up hoopty of the dissociatives. It works, and fairly well... but I'm seriously afflicted with very unpleasant hangover effects all they next day (too messed up to do anything), and then feel weird the 2nd day. Ketamine and nitrous blow it away; haven't had the chance to sample PCP.

in sickness and overal bad and nasty side effects on the body this one beats the crap out of 5-meo-xxx , 4-fluoro-meth or any piperazine.

It's : Ibogaine

strangely semi-paralized , stiff joints at every bone of your body , extreme nausia and an overal feeling of unwell being.

(and this was even on a not full psychedelic dose (100 mg))

Of those that I've tried, IAP has to be the worst.

Eh? I found IAP to be utterly nice stuff, not too pushy and a winner in combo with amphetamine. Each to their own I suppose!

People shouldn't rag so much on 5-MeO-AMT. I've had some really memorable trips with it.

Why not, most people have unpleasant times with it. My experiences with it are utterly memorable as well, but for all the wrong reasons (you don't need me to reiterate the torture known as 5-methoxy AMT, do you?). 5-methoxy DiPT isn't far behind for exactly the same reasons

It's : Ibogaine

Isn't that the point though, that it's supposed to be a cathartic experience to 'cleanse' you of your previous addictions/weaknesses?

One last thing, surely the use of the word psychedelic precludes deleriants like datura, diphenhydramine etc as their actions are not classed as psychedelic in any pharmacology text book I've ever read (nor are thry in my experience either). If it had said 'hallucinogens' then fair enough, but psychedelics?

Mods: You think we could get a poll up?

I'm lazy.. anyone care to make a list of the drugs mentioned so far? (throw in LSD)

F-in'B... I'd like to hear a reiteration of the tortures of 5-meo-amt. My knowledge of it comes from a friend whom had a seizure after taking some. He was a Neuro grad at the time and didn't say anything more about it and I wasn't curious enough at the time either.

Peace,
PL