• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Phenethylamines The Big & Dandy TMA Series Thread

Yeah that is what I meant, but yeah you're right, I forgot about TMA-1/TMA

I tried 53mg of TMA-2 yesterday. This was my second experience with it, the first was 35mg. I seem to be a psychedelic “hardhead”, so someone else might get a similar intensity with half as much. Took on an empty stomach to reduce nausea. I’ve found that if my stomach is empty psychedelic nausea is reduced quite a bit.

+ 0.5 hr: first alerts (body sensitivity and thickening of saliva). The effects increased from this point more slowly than I am used to with mushrooms or LSD

+ 1.5 hr: Now at a Shulgin scale +. From this point and for most of the trip there was a theme of tension in the body, a tightness that related to psychological conditioning and inhibitions, and also may have been related to the stimulant effects of the drug and perhaps also being more in my head and dissociated from my body the previous week.

+ 3 hr: Now at a Shulgin scale ++. There was a plateau with a slow decline that lasted about 3-4 hours here. Had some conversation with someone else on 2C-B. They were feeling deeply emotional, talking about wanting to kill themselves and a gruesome story of torture. Was drawn into the stories and emotions very deeply. Felt like I was inside the stories and emotions almost like a dream. Also stayed grounded and aware at the same time. May have been a +++ at this time, not sure as I was so absorbed into the stories there wasn’t much metacognition.

+5-7 hr: ++ fading to a +. The + after the peak is different than the pre peak +, as the trip creates a deep body/emotion/cognition integration and acceptance. Just going with the flow. Went for a walk out in Chicago. Amazed at all the people, so many different amazing people. Couldn’t help but to grin at everyone. Its a beautiful world. These days the beauty and wonder of life is there even when I'm not tripping, it was deeper here and wonderful, and the contrast isn't as much as it used to be, so not so much an "oh my god life is amazing experience" as a more grounded lovely wonder and appreciation.

+ 8-13hr: psychedelic effects mostly gone at this point, the stimulation remained and prevented sleep. Watched stranger things, I am not as brave as anyone in that show lol.

I’m hesitant to characterize TMA-2 at this point as its difficult to know if the effects are more to do with set and setting or drug. I have found my many experiences with LSD, 2 with mescaline and one with DOC to be similar in terms of bright open expansive grounded integrated and feeling deeply secure and comfortable in my skin. The TMA-2 felt not so comfortable in the skin body, I was accepting of this and not fighting it, it wasn’t intense, but uncomfortable. I don’t know if this was something I brought into the experience or was due to the drug. I have found my experiences with mescaline in particular to create a beautiful connection to the body, like a warm pleasurable glowing. With only 2 mescaline experiences I'm not sure if that was set and setting or the drug.

I had very minor, brief visuals but this is common for me. I have done some intensive meditation and experienced lots of visuals during that time, and the instruction then was to ignore them and they will go away. I think that process may be the reason that I don’t experience many visuals these days. I did notice that when I payed attention to them they increased. Last year on LSD I was able to enter a state where there were never ending amazing visuals almost like DMT, and it felt like I had entered a particular brain state or flow state that I was actively maintaining by relaxed focus in a particular way.

The body load wasn’t too bad, there was some persistent nausea for a while, and a headache at the end. I think I’ll try this rectally next time. I will do a few more trials with it, but at this point I don’t see a reason to get a lifetime supply or anything.

Wow, seems like a super short duration. Do you also tend to get shorter durations than most people?

Wow, seems like a super short duration. Do you also tend to get shorter durations than most people?
Yeah I tend to come down an hour or two faster on mushrooms or acid when dosing with other people, I didn't realize that the timeline above was much shorter than for others. I noticed the psychedelic effects faded before the stimulation which I didn't expect.

how was the body load with 80mg? that sounds like a really high dose

Some notes on TMA-2, 40mg + 40mg 90 minutes later, both orally
  • At that level it's a full on DOx trip, the buildup with amassing of energy, the peak characterized by a lot of energy and the TMA-2 feel, then you gradually come down at about +8h and some very transparent amphetamine energy is left, until I went to sleep at +15 or something.
  • There is a bodyload, but it isn't all that bad, especially in comparison to DOB & DOPr, my stomach was somewhat queasy however. I got very hot during the peak and often had to go outside to cool down. It's a double edge sword, because more bodyload directly correlates with the bodyhigh.
  • At first the headspace felt very transparent (like I could snap out at any moment), until something changed about 4-5 hours in, when I realized that it wasn't 'transparent' and I had been amassing everything to make the peak what it is.
  • The peak headspace is very reminiscent of other DOx, I would describe TMA-2 to be thick and sticky, you're inclined to open your eyes about half way and dig your way through it.
  • All in all, not too recreational, and I would take DOB instead any day of the week, but TMA-2 (given shorter duration and more forgiving bodyload) would be a perfect introduction to what is in my eyes the OG amphetamine psychedelic, DOB.
  • As far as dose is concerned, 80mg is intense but not really too much, I would urge people to dose 40mg and higher otherwise you might get stuck in that limbo where things never really take off.
  • Great music enhancement, some visuals that are not very interesting, some color enhancement.
Good luck to the people researching this :)
Some thoughts on it from that time :)

one other note I forgot to mention was some muscle tremors. I'm not sure if thats the right word. I've had tremors before but rarely, once on LSD. This time was different as it was in just my left arm and felt associated with old experiences as a child when I would lift that arm in a self-protective way. There was a very subtle flashback associated with it. Then my other arm started tremoring in the same way. I had the idea that this was reprograming the neuromuscular synapses or something, it felt really good and relieving. Peter Levine talks about how animals do similar shaking to relieve stress after traumatic experiences, and that he encourages clients to do this to help with their trauma.

Still have to write a report - just like for the 25E-NBOH trip, which is highly relevant to this trip as well, but I recently took 28.7 mg TMA-2 HCl and it was anything but a light trip.

50 min after ingestion, I was already very well into the experience. Nausea was comparable to any standard psychedelic phenethylamine, not worse, not much better. Some strange muscle twitches in the legs, similar to what DOM was like to me. Closed eye visuals present, although I have a hard time differentiating them sometimes from regular closed eyes fantasies. Most of the beginning of the trip was spent with headphones on, eyes closed. Felt like I was melting/unifying with/dissociating into the environment. But at a certain point, my hand and arm felt numb, and upon inspection, looked blueish/dead. This was a continuation of my 25E-NBOH trip, where I was convinced I would die due to vasoconstriction and called the ambulance. Now the problem is, I was never brave or honest enough to tell my girlfriend about this happening. So here I was, on TMA-2, my girlfriend as (inexperienced and drug-naïve) tripsitter, undergoing retraumatisation of a trauma she doesn't even know about. Fortunately, unlike with the 25E-NBOH, I was trusting enough of the drug's inability to kill me or do any major damage that I could hold it out. Watching animal documentaries while cuddling was enough to distract me from the effects (temporarily, it seemed to me as I was passing out here and then, TMA-2 really is a weird one). There also seemed to be some temperature regulation issues.

All in all, it seems clear to me that I have to tell my girlfriend, that I do need a break, that I can't continue assaying exotic/novel compounds "accurately" due to heavy psychosomatic interferences, and to start titration of new to me compounds right at the beginning (to be fair, I had assayed TMA-2 at a treshold dose earlier before my problems).

I would like to hear some thoughts from people who had similar issues and how they resolved them. There is no day I don't spend thinking about the pharmacology and chemistry of psychedelics, and I don't want to stop with this kind of personal exploration.

And, I guess, given the right (or wrong) circumstances, don't take TMA-2 lightly. This was likely due to my mindset, but it was incredibly psychedelic. My plan for going forward is confiding to my girlfriend, and hopefully with her blessing, to continue at psychedelic exploration with my most trusted companion, 2C-B. It will help me untangle pychosomatic from real effects, and I 100% trust the compound to treat me as I deserve.

I've done 200mg of TMA-1/TMA about a month ago. It came as a translucent crystalline solid. I've broken it up into smaller pieces and put inside a gel capsule. The trip was done at night on an empty stomach and no substance consumption in the previous 2 weeks to reset any potential cross-tolerance.
A rather unremarkable experience, very slight touch of amphetamine stimulation and color enhancement with periodic visuals, that's about all I can say. No headspace, no introspection, etc. It was a fun night so I can't say anything negative about the substance either, but for the price I paid and the effect I got it's definitely not worth getting again.
I've been told 200mg at once may be unsafe, but that turned out to not be the case. I haven't felt any significant increase of heart rate.
At some point I'll do the remaining 300mg and update the post.