• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy Syrian Rue & Harmala MAOI Alkaloids Thread

Ok, I'm going to get my hands on some Syrian rue. I'm going to try it combined with P Cubensis, does anyone have any advice on dosage and such?

Grind your Syrian Rue up and put it in capsules and eat 2-3 grams an hour before your planned mushroom trip. There's really no need for a higher dose of Rue than that as higher doses won't really provide any further potentiation, just added side effects.

Eat whatever your usual average dose of mushrooms is, perhaps less, as you can expect the Rue will magnify the effects.

mulberryman said:
Some Native American tribes used very strong brews made from tobacco juices to induce visons, which may have contained significant amounts of harmine.

I think I just puked in my mouth thinking about that...and I'm a chain smoker of camels. Sweet mother of God, tobbacco tea? RETCH!

more on topic, Hypericum has some (weak) MAOI properties as well? Anyone have any info or expierences on how well it works to potentiate oral DMT?

Mostly cause technically, harmaline alkaloids are SCH I in Canada, and thus a bit of a pain in the ass for something that could be replaced by something else, if possible.

The Wizard said:
Grind your Syrian Rue up and put it in capsules and eat 2-3 grams an hour before your planned mushroom trip. There's really no need for a higher dose of Rue than that as higher doses won't really provide any further potentiation, just added side effects.

Eat whatever your usual average dose of mushrooms is, perhaps less, as you can expect the Rue will magnify the effects.

Thanks for the info. You can't consume them at the same time, as in a DMT/harmala combo? Why is that?

Also I have no gelcaps, could it be brewed into a tea or something? I've also heard of smoking the rue. Is that possible? I really have no experience of MAOI alkaloids, just an area I never explored somehow. Also a bit worried on the dosage as I don't have an accurate scale at the moment (got stolen).

How about making a tincture in alcohol?

Honestly, you aren't going to want to take the rue in any form that actually has to come in contact with your tongue. I tried a tea made from it once and it is a very vile taste8o . One anecdote I heard about rue administration was a guy who rolled the powder up in some very cold butter, basically making a putty-like pill. Said he never tasted the stuff going down:) .

As for your scale and dose problems, I wouldn't be too concerned, but it's always good to wait till you can do something right. I admit I've eyeballed rue before but it isn't a good idea, and like the wizard said, it's a fine line between mao inhibition and some nasty (and at the best half positive) side effects. Look at some of Shulgin's experiments with harmala alkaloids... Not something I'd want to add a shroom trip to if you fuck up the dose.

You can't consume them at the same time, as in a DMT/harmala combo? Why is that?

Well, with oral DMT you are meant to dose the MAOi a while before the DMT; same goes for mushrooms. The reason is so that the chemicals have time to inhibit MAO production...I don't know if three hours is a bit long maybe....?

30mins to 45 mins is about optimum before dmt orally..
Adding egg white to the brew apparently extracts the tanins out of the brew and reduces 'rankness' and nasties that will cause nausea.
If i remember correct its 50ml lemon juice 150ml water grind rue and add, stir and leave sit for an hour. Drain the solids then add eggwhite to extract the unwanted, filter again then consume.

Well I did my harmala + shroom combo, and it was definitely interesting... I only waited half an hour between the doses though. Next time I'll see if there's any difference by waiting the full hour.

It did indeed give more "depth" to the mushroom trip.

Does anyone have any experience with harmala + Abilify (aripiprazole). I can't find ANYTHING about MAOIs and Abilify on the net... just wondering if anyone's dared to be the guinea pig, or if I should just do it myself? Would 3g of Rue be a good test dose?

Figured I'd bump this big and dandy as I've been curious

I've read some pretty glowing reports of using pure harmine or harmaline. What I would like to know is which of the two would be best to take?

And also, in free base form what is the best method of intake? Vaporization?

Harmala alkaloid breakdown?

Ok so I have found a dude selling the pure freebase extracts from the Perganum Harmala plant.

It appears the parts are NOT separated, but rather it is the natural mix of things such as Harmaline, Harmine, and THH (Tetrahydroharmine)

What I'd like to know is in one of his 200mg capsules, how much is what?

Like of that 200mg, what percentage should be harmine vs. harmaline vs THH.

I have not been able to find much on the plant breakdown.

Anyway I got 800mg of this extract and should be trying it soon as it is produced very locally.

Ask the vendor or get it analysed. I cannot see what other options you have.

P. Harmala alkaloids are notorious for inducing nausea....you should try banisteriopsis caapi instead for a plant source. I would ask this vendor what a MAO inhibiting dose is.

Well having done some research i've found a breakdown for how much alkaloid there is in P. Harmala.

As far as dosage needed I'll be playing with it. From what I read Harmine and Harmaline both take effect pretty well between 100-200 mg. I believe taking one 200mg capsule for the first run will suffice.

I'll report back on this though.

Obviously its cheaper because each item has not been isolated. However the way I see it is if its all MAOI then why not use it all?

Caapi is awful hard to extract from though right? Dont you need a shitton?

^Some people simply smoke caapi- whethermit works or not I can't say. Certainly adds to the DMT kick of changa thats a certain :) Anyway, the different beta-carbolines in P. haramala are also psychoactive on their own; I just think the mix in b. caapi is maybe slightly nicer, simply from reading reports. But yeah, enjoy and be cautious :)

I agree on the Caapi possibly being more enjoyable.

After all, it IS the traditional way to make ayahuasca and usually them shamans know wtf they are doing.

Given that I live at home though lighting up some vine probably wont go over well. The beauty of this method is that it is nice and quiet!

synthetic maois are far better. look into them

if you cant swing that, dont waste your time with the p. harmala.

caapi simply requires a hammer and a pot and pan. it's less work than it is to deal with the nausea while tripping.

the taste of caapi is far better.