• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☛ Official ☚ The Big & Dandy Storage Thread

I wouldn't bother with a freezer. It is not necessary. Control for light, moisture, 02 and temp, and you should be good. Use an air-tight container, and if you really want to get nutty, vacuum seal the paper(for that matter, if you simply vac seal the paper right, and keep it in the dark, that can last you for years. I break mine up into smaller batches (10. 20, 25) so I don't have to open sealed sheets too often. Utilize silica packets for moisture control, use 02 absorbers but be careful because they heat up for a few minutes. If you have the right container, you can purge it with Argon or another inert gas to keep 02 count low within the container. Keep it in the dark, open it rarely, and always make sure you are controlling for the 4 key factors, you can make blotter last for years. I have blotter now that has been stored since 2012 and it is like it was brand new. In fact, I have had paper for almost 10 years and there was no noticeable change in at when I used it. LSD is not as fragile as many people think. This is why it makes sense that when you find a sheet, grab it and put it on ice. Rinse, repeat. You CAN have LSD all the time if you want to. It ain't that hard. I am lucky enough to have a whole bunch from a rather famous goblin that is known throughout these parts.

I have experienced eventual discoloration of blotters that I have stored with dessicant in a sealed jar in a cool dark pantry, but I once ruined a strip of blotters by keeping them in a jar in the freezer, the moisture got to them, so what I did recently is, I bought a vacuum sealer and I vacuum sealed lots of 10 blotters of all of my different lysergamides (AL-LAD and ETH-LAD degrade faster than LSD, especially AL-LAD) and keep those in the freezer. Since all air is removed, and they're vacuum sealed, the moisture does not get to them and they will last basically forever. When I need more, I open one of the packages and store them in the pantry like I used to keep all of them.

What do you keep the vacuum sealed packages in?
If theyre on their own would they not be more susceptible to temperature fluctuations?

Also what was your storage procedure when you ruined the blotters in the freezer?

I have them inside a wooden box in the freezer along with my tryptamines which are in glass vials.

When they got ruined, I kept them in the freezer wrapped in a piece of foil inside a glass jar that I think was not quite airtight, with a few dessicant packets in there. The paper was falling apart and damp and they still worked a bit but were way less strong.

So youve inspired me... I mean Ive had a vacuum sealer for years but never put it to use. So heres what I did.

I made lots of 4 blotters of ald-52 in small 1.5 or 2 ml epindorph tubes. They fit snug and werent wrapped in anything.
I then vacuum sealed each lot and proceeded to place that inside a mason jar filled with rice and a silica gel pack.
Then I placed that in the freezer.

Thoughts?
Im curious if the tubes are a better choice than a small glass vial? Also should I have put a silica gel pack in each lot (beside the tubes) before sealing?

The vacuum sealer will pull all of the air out of it, and hence, all of the moisture, so it shouldn't require any silica gel.

Im not sure that itll pull the air out of the tubes tho, as theyre closed (obviously lol). Maybe it will but these are intended to be centrifuge tubes and thus liquid (and maybe air?) tight. I was wondering if vacuum sealing the tubes is even necessary (esp if it doesnt pull the air out)? But I figured at the very least the minimal amount of air and thus moisture left inside each tube has got to be better than simply leaving it in something like foil/a porous bag? And vacuum sealing the tubes would mediate risks in case they werent as tight as I imagined.

Ive come across a few lysergamides to store again
I used to store in foil but Ive heard its not the best option so last time I stored in little epindorph tubes but theyre too small for this purpose
Was wondering if storing in vacuum sealed cellophane, as in lysergaminds tests below, is best?

A note on Lysergamide blotters stored in cellophane...

The following test was performed to answer the research question: "Does a significant amount of [Lysergamide] rub-off or otherwise separate from blotters when they are stored inside cellophane?"

Methodology: After storing samples of 1P-LSD and AL-LAD in a dry, cold, oxygen-free environment for over 16 months inside tight, vacuum-sealed cellophane bags (so tight that the cellophane pulled into the blotters' perforations making marks on the cellophane), the samples were removed and the cellophane was placed into an Ehrlich test pouch.

3i1OWG.jpg

Results: Ehrlich tests of the Lysergamide-exposed cellophane yielded no positive results for the presence of an Indole compound while the blotters themselves did indicate the presence of an Indole compound (immediately for AL-LAD and after several hours for 1P-LSD at room temperature). Thus, either none or an insignificant amount of 1P-LSD and/or AL-LAD escaped from the blotters and adhered to the cellophane.

Discussion: No significant loss of research materials (i.e., Lysergamides) can be expected when storing blotters in cellophane. If, however, blotters are stored in other plastics (e.g., zip-locks, cling-film, etc.) or under different conditions (e.g., hot, humid, oxygen-rich environments, etc.), researchers might well find different results than this preliminary study. Of additional interest is that while cellophane is considered to be semi-permeable, the blotters were still tightly sealed even after 16+ months.