• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☛ Official ☚ The Big & Dandy Solubility & Stability Thread

Well, I am working with 100mg give or take whatever. I mean a chemical research company wouldn't sell me that much more. Aren't they supposed to be professional? ..And they would also lose money that way. Anyhow, I was planning on taking in between 15 and 25mg. I am splitting the material between 6 people as well. I this would also make sure that I definitely didn't have 25mg. I am going to read the Erowid page on liquid measurement tomorrow.

good thinking!! since it's you're first time (suspect first time trying 2ci), i would suggest starting beneath the 20 mg line. but that's just me...

also, the research company's DO want to make money so they do measure out very carefully, but nonetheless, they also make mistakes (we are only humans). it has happened many times, people order 250 mg and get 500 mg instead or maybe only 50 mg's more, but even 50 mg's can be a big difference. you cannot possibly know how much you're going to get, THAT'S why people have scales, so they can be sure and more cautious about what they do with their body. don't you want to??

then again, some research chemical companys are just plain sloppy. I too have recieved 20 to 40% more than I paid for, and sometimes 25% less than what I paid for.

besides, owning a accurate, good looking scale makes you truely l33t in the drug using circles that matter.

=D

I too have been both shorted, and given extra. Sometimes a couple of hundred milligrams extra. A scale is a must. Anyone who thinks differently is an idiot.

The point I was trying to make was that liquid measuring is ok, as long as you are sure of the starting dry weight and the solubility.. Never assume weights.

I wish the vendors would give me 40% extra :)

Anyways since you need to know the starting dry weight within reasonable accuracy to use a solution to divide doses I would agree the solution method is only an adjunct to a scale that falls short of the accuracy needed for direct weighing of single doses.

A freind of mine once purchased a gram of 5MeO-AMT and recieved 3.3g so be careful becuase if he dosed using the liquid method he would have been in some serious trouble.

Dilute, dilute, OK!

Using volumetric measurements as an adjunct to a scale can increase your accuracy if you know what you are doing. (I also think it is easier to work with a liquid in the low mg. range, i.e. <20 mg.)

For those without a scale (or not in certain "elite circles"), volumetric measurements can *still* help you out more than mere eyeballing and allow for semi-predictable and repeatable results in terms of dosage. The trick is simply to start low with your dosage and then based on your own experiments, determine the level at which you feel the desired results. (I would also recommend the same process (start low) for those with a scale when investigating how new chemicals react in their body, instead of simply relying on dosage info from a handful of anecdotal reports.)

With this method (liquid only), YOU WILL NOT KNOW THE PRECISE DOSAGE, but you will know the relative dosage for yourself (with this solution) and your risk of taking too much will be reduced as long as you are not completely stupid and you know how to do basic math.

Last edited:
I tried to clean off some 2CI one time and it didn't seem to come off too
well under a faucet going full blast hot or cold water. Of course this wasn't distilled but in my faucet water it didn't seem to be too soluble.

These guys aren't lieing to you. The compressed 2CI that I got
weighed with its plastic bag 700 mg when it should only contain
250 mg. I think it could be more as I don't think the plastic weighs
450 mg!

gloggawogga said:
I wish the vendors would give me 40% extra :)

Anyways since you need to know the starting dry weight within reasonable accuracy to use a solution to divide doses I would agree the solution method is only an adjunct to a scale that falls short of the accuracy needed for direct weighing of single doses.

If you dilute a small amount of chem in a large amount of liquid dosing becomes more accurate..

For instance, dissolving 10mg of DOB in 100mL allows microgram dosing to become alot easier.

So, does everyone agree that I should start low with a dose anyway? I was figuring around 15mg. I am not new to psychedelics at all. I know these are completely different drugs, but what would 15mg of 2C-i be like in intesity compared to a good hit of LSD, 8 quality HBW seeds, or an 8th of mushrooms?

14 to 16 mg of 2C-I is plenty for me to get to a soft +3. I'm not going to compare the trip to other psychedelics because I feel each one is unique and should not be compared to something else. It should be appreciated for what it is.

I think you should make your own decisions as far as what dose you want to take, but I find 16 mg is plenty, more than enough in fact, to experience 2C-I's magic. I've had 2 beautiful trips with 2C-I at 14 mg, so 16 should definitely be enough.

Wow, I just realized its been a year since I have last had 2C-I. My last experience with it was when I gave it to a new friend of mine. Damn a whole year. My how time flies. 8)

Last edited:
I dont think you will be taken off guard at all by this one. Im very pschyedelic sensitive (i dont leave the house on shrooms, might pass out) but I was out all day on this one. Skateboarding, chatting, just running around. Its more of a treat than a trick.

^^^^^^^^^^

Heh, not for everyone. My friend was quite blown away with just 12 mg. And this is a guy who likes bigger doses of 5-MeO-DMT than I do so he is no light weight. He actually was wigging out for a bit and we had to talk him down. 2C-I is gentle for *most* people, not all. It still needs to be treated with respect and caution. Especially if you are using it for the first time.