• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☛ Official ☚ The Big & Dandy Scale / Balance Thread - Part 2.000±

So I'm considering buying the ProScale Precision-10 Scale, I want to use it for RC's like 2C-x so I need it to be fairly precise.

It must be crap if their selling it for $21.90, I need a decent scale though.

Can someone give me a link to a scale that's under $100 and is appropriate to use on RC's? If one exists that is... I'm not looking to weight to the mg since if i acquire any DOxx then I'll be measuring it by liquid.

^ My scale cost a similar amount - less than £25 anyway - and is fine for measuring 2Cs, in my experience. Wouldn't trust it for anything requiring a higher degree of precision but seems fine for day to day use :)

I can vouch for a Acculab VIC-123 - it's been pretty good so far. One thing I notice though is that if I leave a substance on the scale, the weight reading starts slowly inching up and up until it's many tens of milligrams off the original weight that it read when the "stable" weight sign went on. Has anyone noticed this? I always calibrate before weighing so I am not sure why this happens. Then it throws me off mentally as I start second guessing the weight. :(

My $150 scale does the same thing. So I only leave stuff on the scale for a few seconds, see what it says, take it off and put it back on a few times to make sure I get an accurate measurement.

Can someone give me a link to a scale that's under $100 and is appropriate to use on RC's? If one exists that is... I'm not looking to weight to the mg since if i acquire any DOxx then I'll be measuring it by liquid.

I have a Jennings / JScale JS-VG 20 with 2mg resolution that has served me faithfully for two years, though I've used it sparingly as I do not trip that often. I got it for $80 plus shipping.

It is repeatable, I tested it with a coin and a piece of paper by weighing each ten times, each time the readings were either 3982 or 3984 for the coin and 28 or 30 for the paper.

It does drift if I leave something on it for more than 5-10s or so but then again this is not recommended anyway for the health of the scales.

Also, I find it is more accurate if I do not pour powders directly on the scale, but rather weigh the foil, remove it, pour some powder on it and place it back on. If I pour directly it seems to not sense the minute changes in weight from the continuous pouring.

^So it seems super accurate scales do start drifting (upwards in case of my Acculab VIC-123) if the subtance is left on the scale for a bit longer. Is this normal?

Also I do pour the substance directly on the scale after taring for the container. Is it better to remove the container put in the substance and put it back on and repeat as necessary?
Any guideline from experienced weighers?

I personally don't tare, and just write down the weight of the container. And then figure out how much I want the weight of the conatiner + substance to weigh. And I do this because sometimes I turn the scale on/off to make sure it's reading accurately, although i might just be doing that for no beneficial reason, lol.

For all you people having trouble weighing fluffy powders: I quit putting the material directly on the weigh pan a long time ago. What I do is put the big half of a gel cap on the scale and note how much it weighs. I then put the material in the gel cap and put it on the scale, subtracting the weight of the gel cap from the total weight in my head. (you could just tare it if you have a good scale) I add or remove powder from the gel cap as need be. Basically use the big half of the gel cap as the weighing container, works like a charm. :)

Cool, I'll try avoiding pouring directly on the container next time - the force of the drop seems to fuck with the scale.

I personally don't tare, and just write down the weight of the container. And then figure out how much I want the weight of the conatiner + substance to weigh. And I do this because sometimes I turn the scale on/off to make sure it's reading accurately, although i might just be doing that for no beneficial reason, lol.

It seems to me too that the tare function doesn't work that well with small amounts. If I tare my scale it seems to want to stay at 0 if I place low quantities of powder on it, whereas if I just memorize the weight of the foil it shows small differences in weight more accurately. It might have some kind of auto-zero function to compensate for drifting from zero that interferes when using the tare function.

Anyone got any bright ideas for allowing for innacuracy of cheap scales?

I.e. if one were to have a known quantity of an RC (say, 500mg), but wanted to measure out accurate doses of 15mg with a cheap .001g scale, could the known quantity first be mixed with something else like I dunno, flour, sugar, etc, at a ratio of 10:1 for example, so you'd end up with 5g of powder, then measure doses of 150mg of this powder for your 15mg dose of the RC?

Or would this lead to other innacuracies such as the RC settling within the powder and not being evenly distributed? Or thats not a concern?

Anyone got any bright ideas for allowing for innacuracy of cheap scales?

I.e. if one were to have a known quantity of an RC (say, 500mg), but wanted to measure out accurate doses of 15mg with a cheap .001g scale, could the known quantity first be mixed with something else like I dunno, flour, sugar, etc, at a ratio of 10:1 for example, so you'd end up with 5g of powder, then measure doses of 150mg of this powder for your 15mg dose of the RC?

Or would this lead to other innacuracies such as the RC settling within the powder and not being evenly distributed? Or thats not a concern?

I don't see how this could possibly make sense. The two substances aren't going to mix evenly. Therefore you won't have accurate measurements of your RC at all.

My suggestion: Get a good scale. It's well worth it, and you can get one for $150 on ebay. Or you could just measure out 500mg on your scale, and use liquid measurements to get accurate dosages.

See thats why i asked before actually doing it :D

So you wouldn't know of any common powders that it would evenly mix with?

Or, using liquid as you suggest, would the shelf life be affected by mixing in to liquid form, and what liquid would you suggest? Just water or something else?

^Distilled water, not tap water. I usually mix the distilled water with high proof alcohol to prevent any molding. 30:70 ratio of alcohol to water works fine, but higher alcohol ratio can't hurt. Make sure your RC is soluble in water and alcohol.

Hi, I have this scales which is fine for measuring the likes of methylone, MDMA and ketamine.

.01 gram scales

I need a new scales for measuring dose sensitive chemicals such as 2c-i and 5-meo-dmt.

I cannot afford the expensive scales.

I am thinking of buying this scales .001 gram scales

I know this cheap scales will never be able to match the accuracy of an expensive scales, but it will be a lot better than the .01 scales I have at the moment.
Will I be able to rely on it for measuring out doses of the 2c family, or will I still have to rely on the liquid measurement system, in which case my old scale might do the job?
I prefer to have powder, for its relative ease of storage and transportation.

Thanks!

If you can afford mdma, ket, 2ci, and 5meo.....I don't see why you can't afford a quality scale.

I mean that scale would probably be alright for 2c-i. But I wouldn't trust it for 5meodipt since it has relatively small doses. And I definitely wouldn't trust it for 2ce because of the sharp dose response curve.

Plus that scale is more than likely going to stop working after a few months.

If you can afford mdma, ket, 2ci, and 5meo.....I don't see why you can't afford a quality scale.

Because I can't get high from a set of scales ;)

Haha, no I'm a college student with very little disposable income. The little money I do have goes towards food, transport, concert tickets and drugs. Technically I could afford a better set of scales, but it would mean that each of the aforementioned categories would have to take a backseat for a while.

2c-e doesn't really interest me for the moment. 2c-i, 2c-d, 5-meo-dmt, 4-ho-mipt and amt are the ones which I am reading up on at the moment. I think I am safe enough to go over my mark by a mg or two for all of those chemicals except the 5-meo-dmt.

Hi guys,

was hoping to get some opinions on this scale right here..
I cant get from ebay or from places out of this country because i do not have a credit card or any means of paying them or either they cant ship to me..
so this is all i got..

what do you think of the scale here:
http://bizshowcase.eyp.ph/wp-content/uploads/11082/newtatson/download04.jpg

3rd scale from the top,
20. Armstrong Digital Balance Type Table Scale w/ Enclosure
model - AJS-100
capacity - 100g x 0.001g
plastic plater size - 6" Stainless Round Plate
description - Plastic Enclosure Box

price is around $200

Thanks!