• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy Psychedelics and Food Thread - We're Hungry Hungry Hippies

Psychedelics and Fruit/Food

I recently read the 80-10-10 diet by Douglas Graham, which suggests that human beings are designed to consume primarily raw, organic fruit, and that we are healthiest and happiest when we consume that as the majority of our diet.
This is obviously debatable, but it led me to think...

When tripping, most people only like sweet, less substantial things like fruit. Could this be because LSD (or the psych of your choice) brings us back more to our primal nature, forcing us in a sense to embrace what we are built to consume, while rejecting what is less natural for us?

possibly.

i know i've had a lovely spaghetti dinner on 2c-e

deep fried street food on 2c-t-7

super combo pizza on shrooms (wish i had put them on the slice lol :) )

i love fruit and nuts (and chocolate!) all the time anyway, so i don't know if psychedelics make me want them any more than normal.

natural vs. processed foods

i dunno, there's so many conflicting arguments for either side, i dont really know which one's right

i reckon just eat what you crave (unless it's just sugar and fat) because that's your body signals telling you what chemicals your body needs

I love fruits while tripping and general healthier items (not a fan of chips and snacks), but there is nothing like the experience of making and eating a hardy plate of eggs, bacon, and toast. Thats always been a favorite among people I trip with.

i love eating healthy fruits and even broccolli and other veggies while im tripping...

But im really a sucker for interesting textures....

for instance... my favorite thing to eat while tripping is a frozen "swiss roll" from little debbie...

I also like to freeze fruit rollups and eat them when im tripping.

One time I ate a pack of "Gushers" when I was tripping and it was like the definition of synastesia lol It was like I was tasting colors and hearing the flavors lol....

So I think it just puts you in touch with your emotional connection to something.

Rather than converting us to be more primative... beause there have been lots of advancements in technology via psychedelic thinking, and I know lots of futurist psyche heads, people that are into psychedelics and are into technology etc....

So I think its just your personal preference.

The majority of my diet has always been fruit, and I believe its the best way to eat-- tripping or not. It just FEELS better, and munchin' bananas and such really keeps me in touch with my monkey roots. =D

Absolutely. I recently made a pretty dramatic shift from primarily meat/processed food to raw fruits, nuts and veggies, and it's crazy how much it can alter your body and mind. I actually think that some of my bad acid trips might have been a sign that something was really wrong with my body and lifestyle. Interested in tripping again once I've adapted to all of this:).

awh man a (n)ice cold acai papaya smoothie would be =D=D8o8o8o=D=D;)%)%)%)%)%) on some good L

melt me

Meat/protein is for your first chakra
liquid fluids are for your second
carbohydrates are for your third,
vegetables for your fourth
fruits for your fifth
and psychedelics and entheogens for your 6th and 7th chakras

I always found this hierarchy applicable and interesting.

The majority of my diet has always been fruit, and I believe its the best way to eat-- tripping or not. It just FEELS better, and munchin' bananas and such really keeps me in touch with my monkey roots. =D

Yeah totally. If you consider nuts & seeds to be fruit, then my diet is definitely overwhelming fruity as well.

It's interesting you bring this up and I have an anecdote that attests to your theory. This summer I was in Chicago and my best friend in the world and I took some mushrooms. Towards the end of our trip we each had a big grapefruit in our hands. Once we split it open with a knife we just shoved our faces into it, no spoons, no forks. Just our hands, frenzied lips, and the fruit. In addition to being one of the tastiest and sensual experiences of my entire life, it's also one of the most memorable. It felt so raw and natural. Anyway, like I said, I was on shrooms and as a result, not very inclined to eat. But for some reason I was compelled towards fruit and it was exquisite...doubt the experience would've been so completely indelible if I was sucking on a chili dog.

Eating meat on lsd is what triggered me to become vegetarian. It felt disgusting and wrong to have the flesh of another living creature inside me

i usually eat fruit when i'm tripping on anything. most of the time lsd leads me to it.

always brings me up. tastes good. your mind knows its healthy and the drug sees that and brings waves of joy to you.

eat fruit.

A number of times when I've been on LSD, I've suddenly gotten an intense craving for green vegetables, which is interesting, because I really don't care for them much sober, and so I don't eat much of them. Perhaps I have a greater intuitive connection to my body and its nutritional desires when I'm tripping?

i think its more to do with the fact that drugs like LSD make you hyper aware of the consequences of certain actions on your health,
and certainly more aware of what you are putting into your body.

i have had awesomely amazing homemade pizzas and other not so healthy foods when tripping, and loved it,
however i would rather take a few tangerines and some pineapple chunks with some lychees over a greasy box of processed crap anyday. even sober.

i dont really eat as much junk and bullshit as i used to before my psychedelic experiences, im not really sure if its because ive become more aware of things in general or just grown out of eating lots of sweets.

but hey it feels good :D

I eat lots of fresh fruit and vegetables while sober.

I don't really enjoy eating food while tripping.

I remember the first time I took LSD as a teenager I ate some leftover Chinese food rather quickly since I was around my mom and I told her that I was "sick" so I could just go to bed early and trip in my room.

I remember drinking some grape flavored kool aid on mushrooms and at the time it tasted like a brand of children's cough syrup that's grape flavored that I remember taking when I was younger.

A friend of mine was into eating lots of junk food daily and he tripped and learned that he had to start eating better and exercising. He didn't have a problem with weight but a steady diet of nothing but junk food and no exercise at all isn't good for you.

I feel like I am a very sensitive person. I can feel whatever I put in my body tripping or not. I dont like candy, or too much sweets. Carbs are not good for me either. Processed food? yuck! They make me feel terrible.

Its all about what is easy for your body to process and digest. Your body burns energy to metabolizing what you eat. The more difficult to digest, the more bogged down you feel.

Things like fruit and such give you energy and make you feel good right away.

When i'm tripping all of this is magnified.

from a mescaline trip of mine:

I stood up and stared at something for a minute (at first), then I walked around the room in a circle to reacquaint myself with my physical body. Then I tried to eat something. I opened my container of rice and lentils and was terrified by the weight and texture of the things. The weight of the rice was disgusting in some way. I put a lentil in my mouth and my mouth's recognition of the lentil was other-worldly. I separated the lentil from it's thin casing, then split the bean in two with my tongue. My mouth felt like... maybe how your mouth would feel if it was shot to the Moon, covered in radio-active sludge, and then blessed by Gautama. Anyway, the concept of food or sustenance was too hard to comprehend. Strangely enough, just hours before, I had had a craving for pancakes that ended as soon as I placed them in my mouth. The idea of eating a steaming hot pancake in the cold November air was delightful, but once I put it in my mouth, I felt like I'd made a mistake...

I ate a mango and banana on another mescaline trip and loved it... you might be onto something.

I ate my first tomato on LSD. It was organic from my garden too. Ever since tomatoes (quality ones) are on my list of awesome things to eat raw. Pretty much anything raw and natural tastes great tripping. This has led me to eating healthier in my day to day diet as well.