• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy Oral DMT thread (Ayahuasca/Pharmahuasca)

haha the worst that can happen is you black out and wake up in a hospital bed

has happened to me from O-DMT

And we are aware what you are taking the harmaline for. Oral DMT is not a recreational psychedelic, what was being said is that you don't just take oral DMT to go and "Tr1p BaLlz", you take it as a sacrament, or a spiritual medicine, or for a deep intense experience.
Some people trip way too hard off of 150mg, there is no way to tell how strongly it will effect you.

On another note, a lot of harmaline extracts are often not very good, so theres no telling how effective your MAOI is either. You just need to experiment with different doses with your combination until you find the right spot.

Last edited:
It depends how experienced you are with psychedelics. Oral DMT is a very overwhelming, extremely psychedelic trip. But it's also fucking beautiful and probably the best hour or two of your life. It'll depend on how able you are to deal with very psychedelic trips. If things arn't kicking 30-40 mins after dropping the DMT, try eating a few nibbles of buttered toast to help kick your digestion in.

I hope you enjoy yourself and I hope the maoi works. I prefer moclobemide because 300mg of that gets the job done 100%, harmaline can be hit and miss.

Yes you can move around - the bodyhigh is better than E and the psychedelic effects are breathtaking. You'll not be doing anything unconciously - you'll be more conscious and more alive than you've ever been. Only problem is you can get nausea after the DMT has kicked in. Bon voyage.

The nausea is part of the cleansing. You puke away the bad stuff...

For me, I get a random rush of nausea, puke up any liquid that was in my stomach and THEN Immediately start tripping hard

Seriously man :|

The ball-tripping was meant regarding to the whole ayahuasca combo, meaning both the harmaline and the DMT.
DMT is universally known for being a life-scale experience that demands respect as a prerequisite. If you smoke it without premeditation or overdoing the dosage it will only last a short while but you can feel like in eternal madness there is no escape from, ever. Believe me.
Now imagine taking it orally which lasts a whole lot longer 8o

With oral DMT people differ in terms of appropriate dosage, the point is the first time you need to take into consideration the very good possibility that you don't need a terribly high dose.
I'm telling you, if you mess this up it can have serious consequences like anxiety and nightmares and stuff for a year or more.

Treat it with some damn respect, you're sounding like the worst candidate to try this stuff.
You are smart to lower your dose because of the advice above but still if you ask me 75-100 mg of DMT is plenty for a first time.
Qualitatively it's intense enough for a spectacular trip, you don't need to be reckless in terms of quantity as well.
FFS. :(

Plus I mean you have a few grams of the Magic so you might as well take your time to explore the territory.

If you smoke it without premeditation or overdoing the dosage it will only last a short while but you can feel like in eternal madness there is no escape from, ever. Believe me.

QFT

OP: I would recommend you first try the DMT alone by the vaporization route. This way you get a taste of what it's really like and if you don't like it you don't need to worry as it won't last that long.

The nausea is part of the cleansing. You puke away the bad stuff...

Nah, I think that idea gained ground from primitive people trying to attach some sacred meaning to throwing up. To me it's just my stomach reacting to something irritating it.

I'm telling you, if you mess this up it can have serious consequences like anxiety and nightmares and stuff for a year or more.

Have you found that solipsis? I've always found oral DMT the friendliest psychedelic of them all. I agree it can be very intense tho.

Not firsthand ^ but secondhand yes.

I agree as well generally, the DMT realm has felt especially compassionate towards me and very understanding to both the difficult and the glorious aspects of this amazing thing we call life. Beings have consoled me when I lost my 3 year old niece, but I have also been put in my place. Vaped DMT is to me something like instant multifacet hyperreflection.

The time I was the least mindful about blasting off I fell into a sickening mindfuck loop endlessly repeating while threatening to take 'me' from myself forever more. That was a hard lesson.
If you have too little experience I believe that a huge dose is about the same as that because you haven't learned how to be mindful towards the experience yet. Add to that a long duration and you've got yourself a hellish experience.

There is no doubt in my mind that you will show the scars of that for a good period after, it's basically asking for what Stanislav Grof calls a spiritual emergency. I don't care what you believe in spirituality-wise, classic psychedelics mess with your core. And you better know what you're doing otherwise things can grow crooked. I have had these scarring experiences and what they produce is neuroses. Personally this wasn't with oral DMT for me, but I read reports of people who went about it the wrong way and got damaged. Those neuroses can manifest in many ways; anxiety, nightmares and phobias are among them.

Misuse of 5-MeO-DMT seems to be a more common way to mess up your core being chronically, but I'm convinced there is a fair chance it also happens with oral DMT if you have too little experience, no 'professional' guidance and dose too high. Those 3 factors together can be dangerous in my opinion. Though 2 of them can be OK. Don't ask me how this stuff works exactly but if you take aya with a shaman and they give you a big dose I guess they know what to do to channel the experience for you. If you have enough experience yourself I guess you have been taught enough respect to be OK... and if you are like the OP here the solution is to take a dose fit for a beginner.

DMT is forgiving indeed, but with the prerequisite that you approach it right! I think that's a fair deal.

Last edited:
The time I was the least mindful about blasting off I fell into a sickening mindfuck loop endlessly repeating while threatening to take 'me' from myself forever more. That was a hard lesson.

I know exactly what you mean. Been there, done that time loop thing... this usually happens when your motives for blasting off are not correct... like when you intend to smoke a sub-breakthrough dose to just get the relaxing effect but accidentally smoke a full dose and then you start worrying that you haven't prepared yourself for a full hyperspace experience. And the worry spirals out of control... before you know it you're in the fetal position begging for mercy :D

The only time I wasn't respectful of the oral DMT experience I got a sever lashing, though I did not suffer from any lingering after effects from said experience. Luckily I didn't hurt nobody (besides biting my brothers calf and some grass that died from me deciding to eat it) or cause any damage before being tranquilized.

I just think it's especially important to mind the set and setting and dosage of oral DMT even more so than a lot of other psyches because of the intensity it can bring about and the lack of comprehension for ordinary reality

Thanks for scaring the hell out of me guys 8) I'll most likely end up lowering my dosage even further now (75mg?), and increment by 25mgs from there. But i guess this is a lot better than taking 300mg and jumping out of a window.

As for the moclobemide, will you feel nauseous with it as well? I may consider that as an alternative to harmeline.

haha, we don't want you to be scared of it...it just didn't seem like you had a good idea of the DMT experience and what you need to be ready for. I'd start my dosing at 100 mg DMT if I were you. Be at home (which I'm sure you realize) and have a nice place to lay down and you will be fine, nothing to fear.

While moclo will definitely decrease the nausea, it is not nausea free in the least bit..that has a lot to do with just the effect of DMT on you.

Nah, I think that idea gained ground from primitive people trying to attach some sacred meaning to throwing up. To me it's just my stomach reacting to something irritating it.

I have a strong feeling this is the case as well, especially with the new(er) phenethylamines and substituted amphetamines. The body just isn't used to taking in these substances and as expected there can often times be very unpleasent physical effects in the user.

Although I'm aware that there are many reports(anecdotal, mind you) of people feeling "cleansed" or "purified" after vomitting and expelling the substances they used. However, most of the above cases involve tryptamines.

How does this sound? Any advice?

As has been said; Ayahuasca isn't something to take frivolously.

Also; If I recall correctly the dose of pure DMT in Aya is somewhere around 30-50mg on average. Give me a second to dig something up.

Not sure about the MAOI dose.

When talking about plant materials; off the top of my head I recall it being 3-5g Syrian Rue, and 8-12g of MHRB.

That's a rediculously tiny dose though, that may be the reported dose in aya mixtures but most anyone who takes pure DMT for oral DMT will need a larger dose than that.

Yeah, you're right. I must have read an incorrect piece of literature before.

100mg does sound like a good starting dose.

As for MAOI; since you have 5x Syrian Rue extract and 3-5g of seeds is a good MAOI dose, take somewhere between 0.6-1.0g. 0.6 represents 3g of seeds, 0.8 is 4 and 1.0 is 5g.

If it were me I'd be taking 0.8g of the extract 45 minutes before taking 100mg of DMT.

5g of rue is not necessary for mao inhibition. Actually 2-3 grams is enough. Rue is quite a bit stronger than caapi. So if the extract is 5x then I would take 600mg of the extract along with 100mg of DMT.