• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☛ Official ☚ The Big & Dandy Nutmeg Thread

I have tried Benadryl probably a half dozen time recreationally. So far, I can say it suck, and if nutmeg is anything like it, I don't want to try it.

I have tried Benadryl probably a half dozen time recreationally. So far, I can say it suck, and if nutmeg is anything like it, I don't want to try it.

Diphenhydramine can't be compared to Nutmeg. You get great effects from Nutmeg, you can't ever get such effects from Diphenhydramine. Doing Nutmeg feels like you're actually stoned, and it feels pretty good.

Nutmeg would be a great drug, but there are still some issues that need to be addressed.

What could improve nutmeg:
* A faster come up.
* Shorter trips and shorter hangovers.
* Elimination of toxicity
* Some process to isolate and extract only the psychoactive compounds.

That's it, really. The drug can remain the same otherwise.

To be honest, I've tried nutmeg on 3 occasions, and in general found the effect to be more enjoyable than not. The best way I can describe it is akin to a very strong edible made of industrial-grade cannabis, with a touch of dissociation and a good deal of drunken giddiness. The most pleasurable effects I had were these:

-A mild feeling of floating, or decreased body weight
-CEV's, which were frequently cartoonish, again much like a high dose of cannabis
-Mild OEV's such as color changes or movement in peripheral vision
-Mild sedation, a little sleepy, but not so much that it was uncomfortable (a bit like kratom)
-Muscle relaxation/alcohol-type feeling
-The short term memory loss, which, being much more severe than cannabis, made everything I saw look totally novel, even if I'd just seen it 5 seconds before.

The negative effects were:
-Extremely dry mouth
-Bloodshot eyes that were impossible to hide
-Absolutely bottomless attacks of the munchies that put cannabis to shame
-Inability to read, watch a movie, hold a conversation, etc.
-Long duration: usually I prefer drugs of a longer duration, but the feelings of being slightly blunted mentally, very apathetic, and empty-headed the following day(s) are not so much fun

Overall, I'd say that while my experiences with nutmeg were generally positive, they are incompatible with any regular daily responsibilities, as it takes a good two to three days to fully get your mind back in gear. If I were a castaway in the Mollucas 200 years ago, I'd probably use them quite a bit, but there are definitely better drugs to be had in the 21st century.

Also, for completeness, I would like to add that the first time I tried nutmeg, I felt that my memory had been impaired for several months after (not seriously, but noticeably). However, that may have been a total anomaly, as it eventually wore off, and never came back in other trials, for whatever that's worth.

Nutmeg would be a great drug, but there are still some issues that need to be addressed.

What could improve nutmeg:
* A faster come up.
* Shorter trips and shorter hangovers.
* Elimination of toxicity
* Some process to isolate and extract only the psychoactive compounds.

That's it, really. The drug can remain the same otherwise.

So basically if we change just about everything about it, then it could be good?

I'd only do it if I was in jail/prison. Minimal appreciation here.

I don't really enjoy nutmeg, lasts too long and it's not really a high I desire. I definitely disagree with the people saying it is like DPH though, nutmeg is actually semi-enjoyable and doesn't have the shittastic negative feeling that DPH has.

I don't really enjoy nutmeg, lasts too long and it's not really a high I desire. I definitely disagree with the people saying it is like DPH though, nutmeg is actually semi-enjoyable and doesn't have the shittastic negative feeling that DPH has.

The reason for the comparison is more the fact that Myristicin, the main active component of Nutmeg (not the main component in Elemi oil or Nutmeg oil - which are said to be much more pleasant) - is a deliriant, just like DPH.

Anyway, if you want anything useful from Nutmeg, then take low doses during the day - low enough for no noticeable psychoactive effects. Deliriants, nutmeg included, can greatly improve dream recall and the amount of dreams you have each night.

If you want a more enjoyable experience that some have even likened to psychedelics, then your best bet is Elemi oil, which contains less Myristicin and more Elemicin.

Personally I don't think nutmeg has a lot to offer, but I'm glad to see some people have gotten something from it.

after the first time I did nutmeg it never really got me that "high" ever again. I tried taking 2 jars and still didnt get high just the droopy eyes and felt calm. I have no tolerance btw. THe first time I took half a jar of nutmeg at a friends and half a jar at home I was fucked up haha but doesnt work anymore unfortunately :/

The reason for the comparison is more the fact that Myristicin, the main active component of Nutmeg (not the main component in Elemi oil or Nutmeg oil - which are said to be much more pleasant) - is a deliriant, just like DPH.

myristicin is not a deliriant or a an anticholinergic. it is actually active at 5-HT receptors. i consider nutmeg to be more of an 'atypical' psychedelic.

Nutmeg question

after learing about the mind altering properties of nutmeg several months ago i purchased some. it come crushed into small pepple size peices in a glass grinder. after a series of experiments with freshly ground nutmeg i found a dose of 4 tablespoons to be an apropriate dose for a marijuana like effect that lasts all day. However after reading about nutmeg on the internet i found out that 4 tablespoons is an incredibly high dose, most sources state anything over 2.5 tablespoons is dangerous, however like i stated before 4 tablespoons is the dose i have taken several times for desired effects, at this dose i have never experianced hallucinations open or close eyed just a resonably strong marijuanna like feeling. anyway i was wondering why can i take such a highdose that to most sources state should induce pyscosis and that not happen, is this because the nutmeg is already ground into pepple size chunks or an enzyme deffiancy or something of the like.

some nuts pack more punch then others. Also some people use fresh whole nuts instead of ground nuts. The whole nuts are said to be stronger.

i understand this however i have gotten the same effect at 4 tablespoons with various different nuts. this is clearly the easy answer however i have gone out of my way to test this with the same results every time.

the dose can be subjective,
and there could be a variety of reasons
there was a thread about ingesting black pepper along with nutmeg and a said person said that it changed the effects to a more "enjoyable" experience

let this be known tho, Nugmeg has a chemical called Myristicin(thought to be the pyschoactive component) which is speculated to be hepatoxic due to its metabolites.

i understand this however i have gotten the same effect at 4 tablespoons with various different nuts. this is clearly the easy answer however i have gone out of my way to test this with the same results every time.
He doesn't mean just different individual nuts, he means different supplier, different tree, different geographically area etc. however I think you have a bigger issue. When most people take nutmeg they take a very fine powder not "small pebbles". Your dosage is going to be less due to air voids and I'm guessing what is happening is you are crapping out little pieces of woody nutmeg and aren't getting the chemicals inside of them. To improve this grind your nutmeg up really finely into a powder (like you would get off the spice rack). Then try a safe dose again and see what happens.

Also yes it is suspected to damage your liver and many people find it delirious with flu like symptoms but I'm sure you know all that. There are a lot better legal herbal highs.

i am aware that many people dont enjoy it, and when i said it came in pepple sized chunks i meant these were inside the grinder which i use to grind it into a verry fine powder, i have tried different brands which i assume come from different areas with the same effects