• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy Methoxetamine Thread - 7th Dose (Let's start the next bag)

Status
Not open for further replies.
THCified: "slight irritation" like my problem areas that normally break out every few weeks, happened to break out the week after MXE use. Not sure if it was related. For your case, I'd say there is an equal probability there is something in your Kratom (plant proteins) that is triggering an allergic or inflammatory response in your skin? Take people who are allergic to soy for example-- it's usually not like a peanut allergy (anaphylactic shock -> death) but more like a nuisance skin reaction of acne or hives.

As far as the physical appearance and properties of my MXE, I've only had a couple batches from a single source and they have been similar to each other. Color is slightly off white like flour, but the consistency is grainy and dense like fine sand with some larger sand-sized grains, NOT crystalline or powdery like flour. Compared to M1 (normally I see it as 0.5mm crystals that sparkle like sugar) or 4-FA (normally I see it as fine fine snow white powder that sparkles) my MXE looks very different. My MXE is so dense that a "keybump" size is typically around 20mg of material. Compared to fluffy 4-FA powder in which the same keybump volume is only 5mg of 4-FA. Because of its density, the MXE is easy to handle and weigh; it does not fly around and stick to random electrostatic charges like the 4-FA does. I'm guessing my MXE purity is less than 95% due to these factors, as the 4-FA and M1 are both probably 99% from their crystal purity and color. My MXE does not sparkle.

My MXE taste is salty/sour on tongue, numbing action, and a good no-tolerance dose is around 30mg sublingual. One person did complain that the second batch only caused effects for an hour before dissipating, but I have not noticed this in my own trials (typical 5+ hour effects curve for myself). My source is US domestic, but I have no idea where it's actually synthesized. It's possible that those of you with fine powders are getting a slightly cut product.

missimoo: We're risking breaking the rules, but do you have any guesses as to what your "crap one" might be? IE, other products the vendor sells that might have gotten mixed up like a cathinone stimulant? (judging from your blood pressure comment). What nation are you in and getting your MXE from?

Last edited:
greanmeanies: What does yours look like compared to the pictures I posted? To me mine looks like it's completely white, not off-white like many people have been describing their's as. I don't want to give out too much information but my source is in the UK and is an "official" vendor(mods edit if this is too much info); this is in no way shilling and is only posted for harm reduction purposes in case anyone is thinking of complaining. I found another source also from the UK where I've ordered a few other things of high quality and I see they have better deals on methoxetamine so I will buy from there next and compare.

Also you were saying that it's possible some of the finer "powders" are a slightly cut product. To me, my last batch looked pretty powdery, until I took macro pictures and realized they are all just very tiny crystals. To me it looks like it was just crushed finer than the last batch, especially since I can tell no difference effects-wise.

colors: There was a report of someone who woke up to a completely numb arm after an MXE session, and it was unknown whether it was an effect of the drug itself or simply mechanical damage from laying on a nerve for too long. Do you have arthritis or other joint/muscle problems in the family? It's pure speculation, but you may have received a cut product (and getting reactions to the cut) or simply you and your friends are all sensitive to the negative side effects of MXE. Are you keeping healthy otherwise? (good food, lots of water, exercise etc) I do know that during a MXE session I sometimes worry that I may injure myself because of the analgesia it produces (pain is the body's way of telling you not to bend that way!)

Mung hunter: I'll have to double check my stash, but my "off white" is still very close to white. It only looks off white if I compare it to the snow white brilliance of 4-FA or M1. The larger grains in your first photo do look similar to the grainy texture of my MXE but I'm working from memory here. I'll try to remember to get a photo tonight for comparison.

EDIT: Also, do you agree with me that the taste of real MXE on the tongue is closer to "sour" with only a hint of "salty" ?

Had my first trial with this stuff last night. Not quite sure what to think.

After allergy test, did 20mg insufflated to test the waters. 30 minutes in, not feeling too much. I'm not sensing the effects ramping up so at 40 minutes I do another 20mg up the nose.

About an hour and a half after the first dose, I feel a little heavy, some mild dissociation, dizzy, and a kind of low opiate buzz. Doesn't feel stimulating at all. I mean, it's nice. But I sort of just felt stoned and spaced out - a little confused. It wasn't intense by any means. I wasn't looking to hole or anything, but I thought 40mg would have brought me a little further. Maybe I just suck at doing proper bumps.

Lasted about 3 hours and I fell asleep easily. I took a xanax earlier in the evening so I'm not sure if that threw a wrench in the works.

Question on re-dosing: Is this just extending the duration of my high or should I be able to push the intensity if I re-dose in the right time frame?

Trying to figure out how to take this up a notch without overdoing it.

benzos mix very well with MXE,

sounds like shit MXE. should of had you feeling more than that, for longer.

as for re-dosing, i usually re-dose 20/25 mg once every 1-2 hours, ontop of a valium or two. 60-80mg gets me twisted and ive been doing MXE since early last year. keep track of the dose amount and time scale. although its hard to keep track of anything on this stuff, gets confusing and weird. aprox 100mg plus gets me in a hole. maybe less

So is nobody testing their MXE? Seems to be tons of confusions as to weather the product is real or not?

Great, now I'm worried about my order coming in and I have know clue what real mxe is supposed to feel like.

Where can I buy a testing kit?

this is a good point. no one on any thread as far as i can see has pointed to a testing kit for MXE i know the 6apb etc had a kit that was like the old "pill tester" kit ....is there an equivalent for MXE? if not can someone come up with one?

this is a good point. no one on any thread as far as i can see has pointed to a testing kit for MXE i know the 6apb etc had a kit that was like the old "pill tester" kit ....is there an equivalent for MXE? if not can someone come up with one?

If people simply tested their samples with an ez-pill tester kit (mandelin/marqui/mecke/simons/robadope), took a photo of the reactions (with a little description of the reaction- was it instantanous? Did is fizz?) then it would quickly become obvious what is MXE and what is Tiletamine.

I can remember in one of the old B & D MXEs someone posted a photo of full mandelin/marqui/mecke/simons/robadope results from their batch, might dig it out later.

My test kit went bad a few months ago or else I would have tested already. Not sure if this is allowed on here or not, but I don't quite see why not as it's completely for harm reduction, but does anyone know where to get test kits like ez test used to sell? Now they just sell singular test kits which are quite expensive as opposed to just having vials full of the reagents.

@ greenmeanies: What do you mean with "slight irritation"?

@ Mung Hunter: Sounds absolutely logical to me, but i haven't sweated much on my latest MXE-experience and my skin has gone wild after that. But it could also be total coincidence!

I should add, that i'm getting severe Skin problems after using Kratom for some time repeatedly (not just from a single dose). Could there possibly be a connection?

Thanks a lot,

THC

Only thing I heard about kratom and skin problems was that kratom could cause a darkening of facial skin, giving a darker complexion.....haven't noticed this myself though(knock on wood) ....this is considered a rare side effect though.
Maybe the drier air in winter has something to do with it?

For harm reduction, and self-interest, I have decided to post a negative effect I've had that may be caused by MXE.

I have been experiencing a side ache I think is related to my MXE usage. It is a pain on the left side, about two inches below my lowest rib (about the same height as my belly button) but all the way to the left, though still on the front side of my body. I'd say around half an inch deep. It is a dull ache.

I used ketamine daily for about 6-8 months, and then started to get a similar pain. I thought it might be the kidney / bladder issue I've read about with ketamine. My doctor had me got get some lab tests that include urinalysis, as part of a regular check up (I did not report this pain to him) and one of my protein levels came back elevated, which was a sign of a kidney issue. It was only slightly elevated, he did not seem alarmed, but he wanted me to take a second urinalysis. That was about 18 months ago, and I never did the 2nd urinalysis.

Instead, I stopped doing ketamine (was almost out by then anyway) and pain went away pretty quick. After about a month, took up with MXE. Did not notice any pain. Worked up to daily 150mg or so spread out over 3-4 doses. Have been doing that for about a year with a few breaks here and there. Over the past year, I have on a few occasions noticed a similar side pain. It would generally prompt me to take a few days off MXE, it would go away, and I'd resume. I always dose orally.

For the last few weeks, I've noticed the pain getting worse and more frequent, but I have frankly not had the willpower to take a break from MXE (lots of stress at work, it's my crutch, I know not good).

My thoughts/questions:

1. Is this even the area where the bladder or kidney is located? I read that the bladder is much lower, in the middle of the body (I'm male, I guess that matters), so it would not seem to be that. While the side seems consistent with the kidneys, I wonder if this is too high? I somehow thought the kidneys were a bit lower in the abdomen. I guess I'm hoping maybe the timing is all coincidental and even the kidney test was coincidental and maybe this is just some kind of intestinal thing unrelated to the MXE. Anyone with some anatomy know-how could chime in on this. If this is definitely where the kidneys are, then I think it also follows that this is certainly related to the MXE usage.

2. I am struggling to get the willpower for a lengthy break from the MXE, but until I find that, could a different route of administration help me avoid worsening this issue? I am mainly thinking rectal, but perhaps even sublingual. I mean, can the kidneys be harmed by a drug you do not ingest, but instead take by another route of administration? Or does that not matter? If I can avoid pain / health problems by sublingual or plugging, I'd definitely try that. This is probably my primary question.

3. Assuming plugging is a safer way to go, what is the best way to plug a powder? Do people gel cap it and plug that, or just push up the powder, or reverse-parachute, or what?

4. Has anyone else on MXE experienced something along these lines so we can compare notes?

5. Has anyone else had kidney / side pain they knew was related to Ketamine overuse, so we might compare notes on how similar this is in terms of duration / location / intensity / etc.?

6. If this is MXE-related kidney damage, like people have had from ketamine, will stopping allow the kidneys to regenerate / heal, or is this kind of damage permanent? It'd be nice to know that a few months off will fix me up, and I expect there are enough people who have had this sort of thing on ketamine that there is knowledge of this sort, one way or the other.

I expect some people will be tempted to say stuff like, "Get yourself to a damn doctor!" Yes, I realize that makes sense. But it also raises questions, like what I've been doing to harm my kidneys, can lead ot issues with my insurance, coudl impact my ability to get life insurance. These sort of practical considerations, as well as just having limited time, have me wanting to now if some self-help may be adequate. I know the doctor is the safest / most prudent course, but just want to know as much as possible what I may be dealing with and what my options are. Historically, there have been times I thought I screwed myself up from some drug usage and it turned out to be somethng different, unrelated and coincidental, so maybe that also has me holding back, thinking this might be something entirely different and unrelated like diverticulitis or something.

~psychoblast~

@ THCified
Re skin ... yes ... gives me cystic acne usually on my neck. I find its a lot worse if I take it nasally. I switched to oral and my skin improved.

@ greenmeanies
Thx. Can you point me to that report? I couldn't find it with the search.

@ psychoblast
The area you're describing sounds like a kidney. Bladder pain would be felt in your groin - it just feels like a UTI (ie cramping and difficulty urinating). This might sound stupid but I get pain in my kidney area when I'm constipated and I seem to get jammed up after a lot of MXE and dehydration. If you think its a possibility try a fiber cleanse while you're waiting to see your doctor.

anybody have experience with slightly yellow tinted MXE salts? i ordered some recently for my suboxone withdrawals, but after i ordered it i have been reading the slightly yellow salts are bunk. i hope i can at least insufflate the shit...

,___,
[o_O]
/)__)
-"--"-

Too stoked for the mail.. ت

Any information on the half-life of this yet?
Times capable of detection in the body?

^The only thing I know of is retail tests for PCP showing negative (a minority report positive) results within certain time periods. Personally, I've tested negative using a retail test for PCP somewhere in the area of 55 mg MXE within 60 hours. I thought I remembered someone saying something about the prefixes on 3-MeO-2-Oxo-PCE (methoxetamine) being a metabolic handle that could serve to sweep them away faster than PCP, but I'm not certain.

Thanks, I've heard inconsistent reports on subjects testing positive and negative both.
So maybe we could get a legit experiment going with someone who has access to medical lab urinalysis..
Seems like excellent harm-reduction to me haha..

As BLers it's our duty to establish facts. (;

Ok so this is an earlier batch from July 2011. It's slightly more fluffy, and tasted a bit more "minty" but still salty.

http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/4474/july2011batch.jpg

This is the last batch from November 2011. It's finer, more flour like, and very salty tasting.

http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/8757/november2011batch.jpg

Here's a picture of the last batch in a bag just to show how it's sticky much like flour.

http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/3559/1010038r.jpg

Both of these batches are from the same vendor and I can't really tell much of a difference between them effects-wise.

Edit: Forgot to say that the first 2 pictures are 100mg, just so you can compare the size slightly, although I forgot to add a lighter or something to compare to.

mind me asking how many grams are in the final picture? i just ordered 4 grams and i have no idea what the volume will be.

^ the post infers that the cat was accidently given MXE...which is just as bad as it was written up as practically as a trip report. in all honesty if you are defending the guy that accidently gave his cat drugs...and then thought he would WRITE IT UP ON THE NET....i think it's not us thats out of order here. i agree though, these threads need moderating as a lot of stuff is completely off topic and against rules the "how do i" comments etc are against bluelight rules. we might as well all be advertising it for all that its being moderated. if this was being moderated as it should, we wouldnt have 7 incarnations containing 90% waffle.

i stand to my comments. IT IS NOT RIGHT TO EVEN ACCIDENTLY GIVE A PET DRUGS....what if it were a small child that found the baggy (or whatever. powder left out etc)

as for unreaasonably agressive. i think we are pointing out a common sense. do you really see it as acceptable ? id like to know if the RSPCA or whoever would call it "unreasonably agressive"

What if it wasn't an accidental cat dosing, but a child...IT IS IRRESPONSIBLE AND STUPID. AND SAYING SO. IS GOOD HEALTH PROMOTION. DO NOT FEED ANIMALS DRUGS BY ACCIDENT

(AND if i still got it wrong, and the person was refereing to "cat" in the SWIM way, the moderators should have pointed out we dont do SWIM here.

nuff said. I wont mention it again.

i'm sure that the OP of the cat post was using his cat as a way to protect his identity. similar to how some people use SWIM, and how their various pets, monkeys, and imaginiary friends do drugs and write these coherent trip reports.

it's quite silly, even SWIM is really stupid imo. in other words i dont think he actually fed his cat mxe.

I haven't done MXE in about 2 weeks+.
I have a bag within easy reach and yet I don't feel the slightest urge to grab it.

I feel that, for now, I've received all I can from the chemical. Putting aside all the 'psychedelics as Great Mystical Teachers' stuff, I don't even want to do it for fun.

I suppose the after-effects are too bothersome. I don't want to endure several days of mania just for one fun trip.

For the first time in years, I actually prefer sobriety to any kind of mental fuckedupedness.
I wonder if, perversely, this could be some side-effect of MXE use... but that's probably just wishful thinking. Just like those people who use MXE daily with the fervent belief that it is permanently curing their depression/alcoholism/anxiety by somehow rewiring their brains.

Well, I'm providing an update re: my abdominal pain, since I think this is an issue of special concern with MXE given what ketamine can do to the kidneys.

Yesterday, I limited myself to 40mg of MXE. This morning, woke with no abdominal pain. This is similar to what I have experienced over the past year with MXE (and before that with Ketamine for some months) that if I took a break after experiencing side ache, the pain would be gone within a day or so. Historically, i would then resume and the pain would not reappear for weeks or longer. However, it has seemed that the pain has gotten more intense when it appears, and has reappeared faster, over the last few months leading up to my concern that prompted my prior post, which is that this is a worsening issue. The fact that the pain resolved even though I still took some MXE yesterday does have me reassured that this issue might not be too serious, but who knows?

I also did some internet research myself and may have answered some of my questions, and I'll share that:

The location of the pain is consistent with kidneys. However, it would also be consistent with gallstones and certain intestinal issues (diverticulitis, irritable bowel syndrome). These latter issues often present with left sde pain. I was not able to find out if it is unusual for a kidney problem to present primarily or exclusively on the left side (rather than pain in both kidneys and thus on both sides). So maybe the fact I was experiencing pain on the left side means this is less likely a kidney issue and more likely one of those other things. Whether or not that is the case, it could still be related to MXE usage.

This raises the issue whether something about MXE can cause gallstones or can affect intestinal functioning in a way that could aggravate IBS or diverticulitis. Basically, it still seems a bit of a toss up to me whether this pain is even in the kidneys.

If this is a kidney issue, it appears route of administration would have NO significance. As I understand it from my research, the kidneys filter blood, so if the MXE is harming the kidneys it is probably due to this filtering process, and it would seem that whether the MXE gets into the blood from oral ingestion, sublingual, snorting, plugging or injection, it will still end up going through the kidneys. The one benefit from one ROA verses another may be quantity. Since the pain seems associated with high usage, a ROA that allows you to use less might help avoid this issue.

On the other hand, if this is NOT a kidney issue, but is an intestinal issue, and if the MXE causes or aggravates IBS or diverticulitis in the intestines, then I suppose ROA may be more important. If the MXE has to be going through the intestines to cause this harm, and if MXE only goes through the intestines if taken via oral ingestion, maybe the other ROA's would avoid this issue entirely. However, my understanding was the MXE gets broken down / absorbed in the stomach, so I would not expect any significant MXE to be moving through the intestines even after oral ingestion, so I am not really convinced this is an intestinal issue, or is ROA dependent.

Oh, one factor I left off my prior post is my tramadol usage, about 150-200mg about 3 days per week. I did use it the last 2 days coinciding with my worsening side pain. I cannot recall if my past side pain issues correlated to increased tramadol usage. So, maybe this is related to tramadol and not MXE. Or maybe the combination is particularly hard on the kidneys or intestines or whatever caused the pain.

Finally, I had inquired how one plugs a powder, in case that ROA seemed worth trying to address this issue. I get how to plug pills obviously, and I guess you could cap powder and do it similarly, but I don't have a lot of empty capsules lying around. I read some other threads and I guess it seems people are doing kind of an enema thing, mixing the powder with water that they shoot up the bum. That seems to involve obtaining supplies I do not have and dealing with mess / leakage issues... Not sure I'm up for it. Still wonder if anyone has a simple, better plugging solution for powders (MXE) that I have not thought of / read of.

~psychoblast~

Only thing I heard about kratom and skin problems was that kratom could cause a darkening of facial skin, giving a darker complexion.....haven't noticed this myself though(knock on wood) ....this is considered a rare side effect though.
Maybe the drier air in winter has something to do with it?

Yes i know about this issue, but it isn't the darkening of the facial skin you're getting from long term use i'm speaking about. I'm getting really bad acne, mostly just one "hive" which won't go away by itself. Absolutely horrible and not worth the subtle effects you're getting from Kratom leaves.

Needless to say i'm hyper-sensible to Kratom and the path between slightly stimulated/buzzed and being totally f****d up is relatively thin.

Re skin ... yes ... gives me cystic acne usually on my neck. I find its a lot worse if I take it nasally. I switched to oral and my skin improved.

Sounds interesting. Thanks for your reply!

Status
Not open for further replies.