• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines The Big & Dandy MET Thread

bauble said:
During one pretty negative trip, I've gotten this - 勿 - which means "do not" in Chinese. My fractal-field-of-vision turned into an 勿 composed of 勿's with little 勿's inside and so on. Terrifying. It appeared again a few times.
In response to, or in the context of, something else I presume? What was it?

I know I see symbols that look like ideograms on psychedelics a lot, particularly DMT. Very "last battle of The Matrix" kind of stuff, though I think that's just a symptom of the way certain chems act on the visual perceptual system. Is it possible you saw something that looked like that Chinese character and, because of the negativity of the trip, saw it everywhere as a sign that you shouldn't have taken so much?

I guess if your entire field of vision turned into the symbol maybe it was more than just psychedelically-compounding power of suggestion. I meant things like recurring narrative themes to visions and Dondante's faces that emitted light from their mouths as he felt his ego dissolve more than literal written language symbols, but it sounds fascinating nevertheless.

MGS, read what xorkie wrote again, I think what he said is accurate. He wasn't saying you (or indigenous tribal person) couldn't do it, just that it would burn more and take a while to kick in. In my experience snorting DMT, DPT, and MET this is definitely the case. The freebase I snorted burned like hell and took a little longer to come up and the HCL (of those) I snorted burned less and came up quicker.

psood0nym said:
In response to, or in the context of, something else I presume? What was it?

I know I see symbols that look like ideograms on psychedelics a lot, particularly DMT. Very "last battle of The Matrix" kind of stuff, though I think that's just a symptom of the way certain chems act on the visual perceptual system. Is it possible you saw something that looked like that Chinese character and, because of the negativity of the trip, saw it everywhere as a sign that you shouldn't have taken so much?

I guess if your entire field of vision turned into the symbol maybe it was more than just psychedelically-compounding power of suggestion. I meant things like recurring narrative themes to visions and Dondante's faces that emitted light from their mouths as he felt his ego dissolve more than literal written language symbols, but it sounds fascinating nevertheless.

I'm not entirely sure I understood the meaning at the time. It was prompted by me trying to type "www" into my address bar, which is rendered by mac os x's smart pinyin entry system as “勿忘我," or "do not forget me." I don't know if I knew this at the time.

My field of vision turned into this in that this character - 勿 - became a creature. The top left stroke became an eye, the bottom three strokes into little legs that were moving. So my entire field of vision became like a 10x10 field of these guys... in between them was darkness. Nothing. Psychedelic emptiness. And then each of those characters broke into another 10x10... and etc and etc, until I'd blink and the process would start all over again.

I'm not sure it was semantics that prompted me to look at this character... I rarely use it. But it doesn't LOOK right if you study Chinese, because it's totally unbalanced. It's a radical, it needs to be part of 物 or something. In fact, I think I thought of it as a amputated creature, some kind of imperfect creation. Which, coincidentally, was kind of how I was seeing myself at the time. In the psychedelic sense.

I am familiar with this substance for about 3 years now. I only took it orally, since it is in the form of an acidic succinate salt. 100 - 200 mg is the dose range, 75 - 150 mg for the freebase, as succinic acid gives one third of the mass of the salt. The whole trip lasts 4 hours. This is somewhere equivalent to 2 - 3 g of ps. cubensis mushrooms. A very mild psychedelic that resemble a very low dose of DMT, yet without the deep emotional impact of dimethyltryptamines. Body load is not a big problem and mostly vanishes when you reach the plateau. It is gentle and not obtrusive as mushrooms can be, yet still preserves the magic of dimethyltryptamines that is clearly distinct from the states you can get into with tryptamines having longer alkyls attached to the amino group. I can hardly imagine someone having a harsh bad trip on it. Perfect for introducing a person to the tryptamine world.

I also tried it with MAOI once. One aurorix tablet an hour before the trip with 220 mg of the acidic succinate. Aurorix augmented it to the level where it was really hard (yet not totally impossible) to move and communicate with others. The duration was 6 hours that time.

^We finally have an MAOI report with MET, albeit a brief one. Thanks Erny.

As suspected from the beginning of this thread, it seems like IM and oral with an MAOI are indeed the best ways to do MET (or at least the most economical.)

So do you have any guesstimates as to just how much the MAOI increased MET's potency for you, Erny? You went from describing the 100-200mg oral dosage range for the succinate as 2 to 3 grams of cubensis to having difficulty moving around at 220mg; that's a significant jump. Sounds like it increases duration over normal oral ingestion by about 50 percent, too.

psood0nym said:
just how much the MAOI increased MET's potency for you, Erny? You went from describing the 100-200mg oral dosage range for the succinate as 2 to 3 grams of cubensis to having difficulty moving around at 220mg; that's a significant jump. Sounds like it increases duration over normal oral ingestion by about 50 percent, too.
This will be hard to figure out. Maybe 2,5 times or even more. Thing happened 2,5 years ago, so I can't give you a detailed description.

MET mixes extremely well with LSD I will be happy to report from this weekend =D

Each toke of MET kicks the sparklers on behind the eyes for a moment's flash (lil bit longer than DMT flash since MAO doesn't eat it up as quick), then you're back in LSD land with a little bit extra euphoria.

Seriously I was so happy I was giggling and laughing so hard I couldn't dance =D

I heard 100mg tossed around. That's certainly where I would start. Expect something heavy (or perhaps not, hard to tell).

I would also recommend doing it without a MAOI. The beautiful properties of MET are really its delicate and fragile nature. Adding MAOIs to tryptamines seems to make them heavier and more intense wave-like (not only a change in degree, but a shift in phenomenal character).

man thinking about MET and DMT just makes me want to hump a fuzzy pillow at the prospect of DET! :D

It's been some times now that I've discovered MET and I've a few questions that maybe some here could possibly answer...

When I use it, I smoke tiny amount (not accurately mesured) in a lightbulb. While I get pleasants effects (weird/intense feeling in the head, a instantaneous really good mood, a physical well-beingness, some slight movements in my vision), I dont get real psychedelics effects.
So I wonder if it's possible to really break trough with MET and get a full on psychedelic experience ? If so, how ?

Also, I find the smoke quite harsh on the lung, it seem difficult to me to smoke more of this. Just after the experience my breath is always a bit reduced. This led me to my second interrogation, do we know or could we know from other parralel data what is the toxicity of the MET fumes ? I've a feeling that it's not something someone should do that often...

Thirdly, since the smoke feel quite toxic to me I'd love to read more about oral MET experience with or without MAOI... do you think it's possible to have an interesting and healing experience à la ayahuasca/pharmahuasca with MET ?

Until now, I use MET like I'd use other drugs, for a pleasant rush but I really would like to dive in psychedelia with it :)

++

Convert the freebase to a salt (if necessary) and IV it if you can't get enough of the smoke. This thread has existed for a long time and there's still not much news regarding how MET combines with an MAOI. There might be information elsewhere, I don't know, but you may need to be one of the first people to try it out and write a substantial report. Just to remind you, the poster at the top of the page guessed from his previous experience that effects were magnified as much as 2.5 times.

Strangely when I tried to convert it to a salt with acetic acid, I got an oily substance that never crystallised. Similarly, I don't understand why the freebase I have (in powder form at room t°) never recrystallise after I've heated it, even if I put it in the fridge ?

Try MET with an MAOI is now in the top of my to-do list :)
I've tried 40mg MET and 75mg mdma. it was a bit stronger but less interesting as i expect

Was it 40mg by oral route ?

DMT salts are oily and don't really crystallize either. You should be able to dissolve it in water or alcohol though.

Strangely when I tried to convert it to a salt with acetic acid, I got an oily substance that never crystallised. Similarly, I don't understand why the freebase I have (in powder form at room t°) never recrystallise after I've heated it, even if I put it in the fridge ?
No need to convert to crystal. The freebase should dissolve in a fairly small amount of vinegar. Then add sterile water (preservative free contact lens solution works) to dilute, filter and inject. This has been used to inject DMT that started as a freebase. If you do it IM it'll sting a little, but reportedly it's nothing compared to the pain of snorting it. Search the b&d DMT thread for "vinegar" and further instructions will show up. The 5 percent white distilled vinegar you buy at the grocery store should be essentially sterile.

Frankly though, I'm more interested in the MAOI report.

I really enjoyed MET.
I've only taken it smoked, usually around 40-60mgs, and usually while on MDMA, Methylone or LSD. But always has been a good thing.
Its a shame its not around any more, underrated perhaps because its not world shattering like DMT, but actually is nice that way. Its groovy, easy going and gentle mentally, though harsh on the lungs. Enhances the visuals in an intriguing but indefinable way.
MET mixed with DPT freebase makes a nice combo too.
Still have some in the freezer saved for special occasions.

This is going to be available again shortly...

In any case, I want to try it the first chance that I get.

Does it cause tachycardia like DPT, 5-MeO-DMT?

...Does it cause tachycardia like DPT, 5-MeO-DMT?

hmmm... well hard for me to say because I've never used it straight from baseline, and I've never sampled 5-MeO-DMT. I don't remember any abnormally accelerated heartbeat but don't take my word as gospel. MET is in my experience more "mellow" than DPT both physically and mentally, but then maybe I've never taken enough to feel threatened. YMMV as they say