• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☛ Official ☚ The Big & Dandy Ibogaine/Iboga Thread

I've heard they use is as a detox supplement. In small doses it cures withdraws In Africa and South America mostly. The drugs we give people to detox with are worst then the drugs theyre doing.

That's sounds like the ratio of extracted alkaloids isn't the same as those in the root bark due to extraction processes not being perfect, not because the ibogaine is in any way different (but just the main one of several other pharmacollogically active alkaloids)

I suspect there is a lot of cofactors in the root bark, which are taken out as well.

Yet, the extraction process seems to strip something essential (even more than just cofactors I think) away from the plant product... I used to think this was something akin to supersticious hokum, until it just became forehead bleeding obvious that the tea from some plants was much stronger, richer and fuller than the extract in the same amounts.

Julian.

Controversial Drug Acts on Brain Protein to Cut Alcohol Use

http://today.ucsf.edu/stories/controversial-drug-acts-on-brain-protein-to-cut-alcohol-use/
"...Scientists at UCSF’s Ernest Gallo Clinic and Research Center have now shown definitively in experiments with mice and rats that Ibogaine does reduce alcohol consumption, and they have determined that it does so by increasing the level of a brain protein known as glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor, or GDNF. In a separate study, they demonstrated that GDNF by itself decreases alcohol consumption.

The research is published in the January 19 issue of The Journal of Neuroscience.

“By identifying the brain protein that Ibogaine regulates to reduce alcohol consumption in rats, we have established a link between GDNF and reversal of addiction—knowledge of a molecular mechanism that should allow development of a new class of drugs to treat addiction without Ibogaine’s side effects,” said Dorit Ron, PhD, UCSF associate professor of neurology ..."

my son lasted about 4 mos. after throwing big $ into ibogaine treatment down old mexico. then he got strung for a few months and came out to my place to kick-which he did.
he then went back to the city less than half a year ago and instantly went to cop. now he's another monkey on his back and he's back down there to keep that racket in money.

when i was his age i went through kicking smack, methadone, smack with no fucking drama and no throwing money at vodoo rackets. in my opinion, any and all rehabs are bullshit. they ain't going to fix the jacked up part of a junkie's head with words, roots or deeds.

someone gets strung on their own and they kick on their own.
what about writing proper english? I don't understand a word.

I don't think there are any honest to goodness miracle cures for addiction out there and probably never will be, but the (mostly anecdotal, admittedly) evidence for Ibogaine being very effective in helping those who really want to end an addiction looks to be pretty good to me.

If an addict was forced into Ibogaine treatment by a court order or summat (not that they would but...) I doubt it would "cure" their addiction. If they chose to try it cos they were truly sick of the lifestyle I could imagine it may be of great benefit.

LSD was shown to be more effective in treating alcoholism than straight willpower alone in some studies - can see how that may help - but Ibogaine seems to have an even more beneficial effect on helping to end addictions from the reports I've seen. Interesting stuff :)

"what about writing proper english? I don't understand a word."---you'll get over it!

I've often wondered if just how ibogaine works. It is simply an insightful trip where one realizes they have to better themselves or does it truly keep wd away while tripping? I've read lots of reports, but until I go into opiate wd, take a dose of ibogaine myself I don't kthink I'll ever know the answer to this. I understand it can hit kappa receptors likes salvia, but is that alone good enough to keep wd away is the question.

Up in Canada where legal I had some root that I never got around to and is no longer around. I am interested though. I like reading the literature but would never pay any establishment however much $$ for a cleansing session. It would have to be on my terms. Candles, glass pipe, lighter, Dead tapes, etc...;)

It sounds like a scary trip but I'm probally wrong. Is it a vine while growing .I like to grow things that other ppl don't even try. This does sound interesting if not to use myself but to grow

Not really a vine but a rather pretty plant nonetheless :)

motm-iboga.jpg

This does sound interesting if not to use myself but to grow

Off hand does T Iboga need tropical climates to grow? Could there be plants in say Florida? South Carolina? I'd imagine the plant is not only in Africa. Maybe native but probably can grow elswhere. But I have no idea.

I plan on trying it at some point - just to see what it's like.

^ Dunno but I'd imagine so - it acts on DA

then no ibogaine for me for now. I do have a few gr of plain iboga root bark which I might try at low doses at some point. but ibogaine, one I have had in mind for some time to address certain behavioural and attitudinal issues I have been struggling with will have to be put on hold indefinitely. for now i feel like with selegiline / L-depreny I have found "my" cehmical helper. It's ealy days yet but it helps me so much it's unbelievable.

I recall that anything MAOi would be contraindicated & if memory serves I believe deprynl to have some MAOi activity ???????? I might be wrong mind you.

^ I'm sold on the idea that psychedelics can bring to the surface truths supressed by the action of opiate drugs - LSD did the trick for me - & I'd imagined ibogaine operated in a similar way - which it will do - however I recall reading a paper referencing an isolate from ibogaine which demonstrated in rats that there was an actual chemical change as well as the undoubted psychological one - I admit I was sceptical about this being possible originally but that paper made me think again - of course I don't have the link......but I bet the above poster may have

All I know is that before I tripped I was doing all sorts of things. Drinking smoking coke pills you name it. As soon as I tripped I felt absolutely no need to do any of it anymore. It just made everything else seem stupid and pointless to me.