• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy HPPD Thread

Srooms, LSD, LSA, MDMA, and tons of DXM, Ketamine, and a little salvia (5-6gs). Also Triple C's and duster, once a peice when I was really young and stupid.

I really dont have it so bad. All I have is tracers (mainly just when Im looking for them) when I get really stoned.

you know if you tell yourself that you feel something enough it becomes true. How do you think the belief of god caught on? ;)

Some people in this thread really need to chill and do some research. Most of the people claiming to have HPPD do infact have the disorder. Now it is one thing to say "I see floaters, someone diagnose me", that is clearly bullshit. But seriously any persistent visual disturbance related to drug use is considered HPPD, even light tracers or highly saturated colors. Weather or not this condition is dehabilitating is an entirely different matter but the fact remains that many many people have HPPD. I would go so far as to say that more people live with this condition and do not diagnose themselves (or be diagnosed profesionally) than those who admit to it.

And as several people previously pointed out, HPPD is sometimes a lifelong condition that becomes progressively worse even after abstinence. HPPD symptoms are often stress related as well. And please remember it is not always something that comes on gradually after dozens of trips, you may have one good or bad trip and wake up the next day with serious symptoms.

I honestly think it is a seriously bad thing to downplay this condition on a harm reduction BBS. Please stop dicksizing as if minor HPPD is no thing at all.

If it is indeed the case then I would suppose nearly everyone on this board could claim to have it to some lesser extent. I myself have recurrent visuals/bodyload/altered mind status on occaissions. But I do not consider it HPPD.
I believe it is just the mind trying to refocus itself on your body and altered state of living. Maybe it cannot return to normalcy for some but I believe that is the whole reason some people do in fact get HPPD. Your mind is simply trying to restructure its preset filters and limitations. It is trying to achieve as best it can a state of normalcy once more.

I would say the argument very much comes down to a belief in a soul or not. I see my body trying to readjust while my mind is trying to move forward. Its like two separate organisms sharing one body both working in different directions towards the same ultimate means. Hence the reason I believe in a soul.

Do you know what its like to get motion sickness from standing still because your vision makes you feel like your all over the place? (dead sober too..)

and im sure HPPD isnt all about the visuals either... it can get pretty physical.
when my hppd was worse, i experiecned that. it's annoying to look at one point, move your eyes, then it's like you're seeing two places at once because of the after images. i didn't have it so bad that i felt sick though, and the afterimages/trails have subsided by alot since then

and i know what you mean about the physical part. my body feels REALLY weird. i can easily make myself go in loops/circles, fall, fly, etc. and my body has very odd sensations that are completely indescribable. this part has gotten worse over time, im assuming from the pot

however, i concede i don't have hppd. i have the symptoms but they aren't severe enough. in order to have hppd, they need to be debilitating (like if it's making you sick) and to have abstained from drugs

I have abstained from drugs pretty good.. besides alchohol/nicotine/caffeine.

The physical feelings are real disturbing.. almost more than the mental.

The trails and after images can blow you way out of proportion and make you feel like ya just wanna scream!!!! AHH FUCKK SOMEONE HELP ME!

I tend to get a lot more than trails and afterimages too.. I tend to see much more sometimes.. a lot of it.. unexplainable and very wierd.

I guess the best thing is to stay away from drugs and ride out the consequences.. rather then continue to use them and have to make this same decision to stop in the future so that it will get worse.

It almost seems merely impossible to fix myself... but due to a lot of help from people i'am getting off of this site i'm starting to see a more brighter future.

^it may take a while but usually it subsides somewhat over time. meanwhile exercise, good diet, maybe meditation, should help the anxiety and might help your body readjust. as far as i know there arent any treatment options right now, except benzodiazepines which don't really treat it very much, they help if the anxiety is terribly severe without making the symptoms worse, although try all other alternatives first of course

good point qwe. I highly recommend yoga or meditation or some form there of. Focussing the mind and body is the best way to realign yourself. There are many options out there down this path. Many of which I am awfully surprised most normal people do not make a staple in their lives already.

capEr said:
I have abstained from drugs pretty good.. besides alchohol/nicotine/caffeine.

Before diagnosing yourself with "HPPD" please read the criteria. I've spoken to those who have seen alcohol and nicotine as hallucinogenic in certain doses nicotine was extremely hallucinogenic.

I think it is a real disorder it's just aftereffects of hallucinogens can take up to 6 months to get rid of. Cannabis fucked with my mental state for about 3 months, it constantly takes about that long for me to get rid of the "haze" hence why I don't smoke it anymore as it causes far too many complications with my mental health. I'm not trying to "downplay" it. I'm trying to say many overdiagnose themselves b/c they heard about this "HPPD" and start looking for symptoms which are normal but not noticied by the everyday person.

^i didnt see that part of his post. nicotine and caffeine are definately going to worsen your hppd symptoms. stay away from all stimulants

Sorry i thought you meant you have to obstain from drugs for 6 months before the diagnosis kicks in.. thats why i got paranoid that once the 6 month period hits then BAM!! im gonna be smacked in the face with side effects which are going to be worse than they are now. Ah jeez.... i wouldnt be able to handle that... id just be like.. Pysch Ward here i come.. straight jacket and rubber room.

Yes, on LSD, an 1/8 of shrooms, and having a DMT release.

A natural DMT experience.
I think thats what did it.
I had an OBE, and I think what happened is what triggered my HPPD

Theres this constant fiddling of dots rearranging themselves (hundreds of them) that surround objects, when I look at people I see auras/halos about them, I sometimes see white statues in the corners of my peripheral and when I look they are gone.

It gets scary at time, and it worsens when under stressful situations.

bickoma said:
If you believe you do have HPPD, please answer:

1) How many times have you tripped?
2) Did you experienced HPPD after a bad trip?
3) On which substances did HPPD become apparent?

Substances consumed that could trigger HPPD: DXM, PCP, excessive Nitrous Oxide, LSD, LSA, Salvia Divinorum, Psilocybin, Mescaline, 2C-D, 2C-T-21, MDA, MDMA, DMT, 5-MeO-DiPT.

1) Roughly two-hundred Psychedelic exepriences
2)No
3)DXM, PCP, MDA and LSD.

Ive done acid once, took a paper tab and a half, they were tiny.. itook them while i was shrooming and I had also popped half an E..

I have HPPD, it sucks, i hope i get better, people that are on here saying HPPD aint shit or , " Iw ould love to trip for free forever" yea, fuck that trust me you wouldnt... i dont care about the visuals, its the anxiety i get from them that has disabled me often... its hard to learn anything new, and my memory seems fried... HPPD sucks, i dont get why some get it and some dont, ive only done acid once, shrooms around 10 times in my life, but a bunch of pot...

to everyone that does have HPPD, I hope that things get better, I know how difficult it can be, this is no way for anyone to live...

Yeah, the size of blotter paper has nothing to do with the strength of the acid on it. Larger doses than anyone needs could fit onto pretty much any size of blotter.

I'm curious, was your trip that resulted in HPPD a traumatic one? How did it go? Did anything especially huge happen in your life during that time?

1) How many times have you tripped?

15ish

2) Did you experienced HPPD after a bad trip?

No.

3) On which substances did HPPD become apparent?

2C-I / 2C-B.

Since trying 2C-I for the first time I've experienced CEVs (normally when I'm in bed.. could compare them to a low dose of mushrooms - normally coloured blobs and basic shapes) and seeing a lot of colourful geometric patterns on surfaces, especially in the dark.

Isn't at all unpleasant or annoying - I much prefer everything looking colourful in the dark.

I really like, and can relate to, the stages that you've described here.

I've had two occurences of HPPD in my life, one a lot more severe than the other. I won't bother going over the minor one, as the severe one relates most to your stages.

~3 Years ago, following multiple high-dose 5,MeO-DiPT trips within a period of around 2 week, culminating with a multidose trip that spanned 36 hours.

During the trip I experienced extreme dissociation, comparable to sub K-hole ketamine dose. The foxy faded, but this feeling continued for 6 months afterwards. Specifically, the physical perception of my body interacting with the world had a delay built in. I.e. I'd reach out my hand and touch something, and the sensation of touch would be delayed anywhere from 2-10 seconds. This made walking very difficult, as I'd constantly have the sensation of my mind being 10 seconds behind my body (I.e. I'd stop walking, but my mind would still be feeling the walking sensation from a few seconds earlier). A few times I fell down stairs as a result.

It took me months to learn how to compensate to this sensation, and by the time I fully got a handle on it, the HPPD had begun to fade. I've used psychadelics since this occurence, but always at below-typical doses, and constantly afraid that this might one day happen again, and be perminant.

capEr said:
Stage 1 - Realization (Once realized.. the person may become in a somewhat "uh oh" kind of attitude. They will realize what has happened to them and start getting depressed maybe.. bummer)

stage 5 - Reality (ahhh how i miss you.. hope to see you soon)

capEr said:
Holy fuck I know EXACTLY what your talking about..

those little things are fucking wierd man.. like what are they? what is the scientific/biological explination for seeing them? they don't make any sense... Seeing trails and colors change from HPPD is one thing..but those things you described there are fucking wierd.... heh.. i just seen one now as i type this.. perhaps thinking about them/talking about them trigger them?

Protein segments floating across the lens of your eyeball.