• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy Flashback Thread

except... im still seeing breathing colors changing and some full blown halucinations when i smoke weed.... what the hell is going on, am i going crazy? will this ever stop or what..

I am enjoying it too. But I'm getting some weird sort of mindfuck or something, at lunch time I expect to get stoned and end up getting full blown halucinations! not only so visuals, not as much either. but mostly auditory halucinations and other than that colors changing and breathing- visual.

Marijuana smoking is probably the most common single source of flashbacks. Many people become more sensitive to the psychedelic qualities of marihuana after using more powerful drugs

This is really interesting, as the weed high definitely changed permanently for me after I started experimenting with MDMA and psychedelics (mostly the MDMA, i think). Do you have any more information on this?

I beleive that flash backs are not always what they seem often times i feel taking a substance especially for the first time can open up new patterns for the brain to recognize and relate to. for example, say you have never had chocolate and you ate somethign that was chocolate flavored only you didnt know, your brain will have nothign to relate this flavor too and pass it off and more than likely forget about it making it go relatively un noticed. now say later you have chocolate and know for a fact tht its chocolate this time. your brain now has a way to categorize this taste, now any time you tase something relatively the same you will think of chocolate. you probably wont remeber the times having tasted this flavor previously because you had no way to identify it, but now that you do it sticks in yoru mind every time you come across it. well i feel the saem goes for the effects of psychedelics. when you expirience visuals you may not realize them before havign taken a substance that makes them much more strongly defined, however now that your brain recognizes these patterns you haev a way to identify with them, so now every time you expirience a simillar effect youwill categorize it s tripping off mushrooms becaus ethat is the only way your brain can relate the the situation at hand, instead of ignoring it as you previously would have. now im not saying this is entirely the reson for any "flash back" however i feel it has a lot to do with what people may interperate as a flashback.

I got a flashback once when I was playing basketball. I could tell that the LSD was reabsorbed through my sweat pores after I started to perspirate. If you are STILL hallucinating every time you smoke weed, and it is bothering you, I would go a week or so without smoking, and then smoke again and see if you hallicinate. My friend had a similar situation, and he quit smoking for a week, and the hallucinations went away when he smoked again.

I guess i'll try to take a week or so break from smoking weed. It'll be sort of hard though cause weed is around me all the time and people are always high/smoking it!:p --tastethealex, thats pretty interesting cause i went back to one of the places I was while I was tripping hard while I wasn't high at all and the patterns that stood out most while I was on shrooms, it was like I could notice them very clearly while I was sober! cool!

its kinda like PTSD. You experience the perceptions and sensations that were occurring during this overwhelmingly good or bad memory. I was on a riding mower when i got one; looked back at the fairway and i could see the swoths of where my mower had been rippling up toward me while i felt this overwhelming rush behind my eyes. Even though the sun was blazing my pupils had dilated and i bared my teeth in an ecstatic grin. Ripped down the rest of those blades on top of my beautiful vibration machine.

After my first LSD trip (a ten strip over a couple days), I never saw life the same way.

You have opened a door that cannot be closed. No worries. Its a good thing.

yes, i feel very changed in a good way. i know myself and the world around me as it really is, not the mask that everybody sees day to day

come again?

I know, I had to read it twice, myself.

Dude psychedelic flashbacks are not like that...They're more similar to Post-Traumatic Stess, in the sense that you can get a feeling or altered oerception, or whatever was experienced during a particularily intense psychedelic journey.

I get flashbacks from traumatic salvia experiences every now and then triggered by surreal situations, often in kids shows, or any bizare mind-fuck material of a certain flavour. I get dizzy and I have terrible anxiety and I get a sense of losing touch with this reality and falling back into other realms...

Yeah, I just realized that myself. You slipped it in while I was typing it and went afk I guess. Heh, Oops.

come again?

You know how LSD can be absorbed through your skin pores? Example - Jimi Hendrix put acid in his headband, and it was absorbed all the way when he started to sweat from playing a show. Well, I probably shouldn't have used the term "reabsorbed," but basically...when I started sweating aka perspiring, I started having a mini-trip. This was about 3 days after my trip. First, I started giggling uncontrollably at stuff that wasn't funny. One of my friends jokingly did a little celebration after making a basket, and I started cracking up. This always happened to me with the acid I used to get (a combo of good LSD and being 13 years old with a low tolerance to most everything). I would laugh my ass off for no reason at all until the first hallucinations started. Then during the game, everything became wavy and the walls started to breathe. I expained that I was having a flashback and had to sit down. I remember watching the game and everything seemed so odd. It was wierd as hell how these kids were working their asses off to get a ball through a hole. Lucky for me that was the last period of the day, and I enjoyed the rest of my mini-trip outside waiting on my ride.

I am 90% sure that when I began sweating and my pores opened up, some LSD that was somehow lingering in my system was released and absorbed. That was crazy as hell, tripping in school in 8th grade!

Its almost impossible for LSD to remain in your body, in any significant level, for more than 24hrs at the longest. At more than 48, there is no known measurement able to detect it, unless you took some insanely ridiculous amount, like say 10mg (100 "hits" of relatively avg potency, 50 "hits" of pretty good stuff, or 28.5 of the good shit). Even if you took that much, there would still only be about 39mcg left at 48hrs, and thats a very generous estimate.

Both "flashbacks" and HPPD are far more psychological than physiological. This is not to say they aren't real, but that they are a product of the mind, not lingering drugs within the body.

I think my weed high has changed forever..It's no longer like a mushroom trip but it does have some weird effects similar to mushroom tripping that I never had before, it would probably stop if i quit weed for awhile but weed is just such a part of my life :p

Those "trickly" things are not "flashbacks", they're simply caused by improperly-functioning neurons.

Nervous cells die after time, for various reasons, and when and where they do may be a cause of minor consequence for the cells that are connected to them, and can result in little speckly things like brief pin-pricks in your vision.

It's quite normal. If you're worried, just remember to eat well, sleep sufficiently, and stimulate/exercise both your body and your mind to promote neuronal growth and health.

If your entire scope of vision was obscured - well then, that may be something else entirely. Perhaps a brief lack of oxygen to the brain was the culprit.

If by "flashbacks" you mean, a state of consciousness that you remember being in under the influence of a particular psychedelic (in this case mushrooms) then yes I believe it's possible... BUT I believe it can only be brought out by another psychedelic ie. Cannabis.

So if you were smoking some weed, then yes it's very much possible.