• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☛ Official ☚ The Big & Dandy DOC Thread - Third opinion

I have 2 2mg sample blotters of DOC which I have yet to try, how is 2mg for a starter dose for both my gf and I? Fairly trippy or too little? I have lots of experience with different psychedelics and my gf has a fair amount of experience as well.

If you're experienced I'd say go ahead. I myself started lower but that's because I almost always trip alone and don't want to take any risks.

Be well prepared for the duration (even at 2mg) by having vitamin-rich foods en the ability to do some stretching. Also being able to move to different locations is a plus.

I have 2 2mg sample blotters of DOC which I have yet to try, how is 2mg for a starter dose for both my gf and I? Fairly trippy or too little? I have lots of experience with different psychedelics and my gf has a fair amount of experience as well.

2mg was somewhat trippy for me. Felt very different mentally from other psychs I've tried, visuals were there but at a low level. Some warping and breathing of walls and wood grains as well as some tracers. Nothing more interesting than that though. Body load was pretty substantial though and I puked twice, once a few hours after taking it and once towards the end, maybe 12 hours into it or so. The smell of the pizza we ordered just caused my stomach to contract for some reason. Puking didn't feel bad or anything, just sort of happened all of a sudden x).

3mg is a much fuller trip than 2mg. 4mg is very strong. I'd take 1.5 blotters if you've never done it before. 3mg is definitely going to be a full trip. If you're feeling adventurous, take both blotters but be prepared for a very long, very strong trip. At 3mg I don't get overwhelmed, and I remain functional, but I'm fully tripping. At 4mg I get lost in my head and feel relatively sedated for a good 8 hours before it lets up a bit and I can be functional again.

2mg is a full trip for some and a bit of an underdose for a full trip for others.

I was planing to order 250 MG ten meassure +-50 MG and dissolve it in 500 ML 37.5% white wodka. This means every ML is around 100 ug. Good idea or should I use less wodka...

Even at 2mg oral, prepare to feel very overwhelmed at the onset. The trip will evolve into a relatively mild plateau, but the "come up" on DOC is more intense than on any other drug I've tried. Its like the rushing feeling of coming up on a smoked psychedelic, except it lasts for a full hour.

Honestly, I would most compare to the feeling of being pushed back in your seat when you're launched on a rollercoaster like the Dragster (for those who've been to cedar point). It makes you tense and energetic, yet it's severely sedating so that you can't release that energy.

Depending on setting, this can either be severely uncomfortable, or severely euphoric.

I agree that come-up CAN be intense, but I find that if I am expending energy doing something physical, especially outdoors, the come-up energy feels mostly good. If I sit around waiting to come up it gets very unnerving. Just being outside vs inside makes a big difference for me. I've definitely experienced heavier come-ups on psychedelics but DOC's is powerful, it's a much rougher transition than, say, LSD. It's very physical.

I agree that come-up CAN be intense, but I find that if I am expending energy doing something physical, especially outdoors, the come-up energy feels mostly good. If I sit around waiting to come up it gets very unnerving. Just being outside vs inside makes a big difference for me. I've definitely experienced heavier come-ups on psychedelics but DOC's is powerful, it's a much rougher transition than, say, LSD. It's very physical.
I would definitely agree with this. I wouldn't say that doing something athletic makes the come up transparent--it's still very intense--but it does make it MUCH easier to enjoy the sensation.

Also--seriously--meditation. Or just laying back and letting yourself experience the sensation. It's a pretty cool feeling actually, at least in my opinion--it just really feeds on and amplifies claustrophobic feelings.

No it doesn't make it transparent but it puts that intense body energy somewhere, channels it instead of letting it overwhelm you. I've actually had some seriously transparent come-ups on full doses of DOC but usually this is not the case, usually it's pretty intense but like I said, if I'm channeling it it's a lot easier to enjoy it, or at least keep it from being intense enough to cause anxiety.

Seeing that DOC is an amphetamine, does that mean it produces cross tolerance to 2-FA 3-FA 4-FA etc?

Unlikely, beyond the cross-tolerance that any serotonergic drugs have against any other drugs that affect serotonin (ie, psychedelics and amphetamines of any types have some cross-tolerance, depending on how much that particular amphetamine affects serotonin). Although structurally the DOX drugs are amphetamines, they do not metabolize or behave like amphetamines. They have no dopamine action as far as I know. I would expect the tolerance to be barely noticeable. I know that for me I have always noticed that when I have just taken amphetamines or MDXX, I notice a slightly decrease in effect from psychedelics, but it's pretty negligible.

English is not my native language, but I consider my knowledge above average.
That being said, I can't understand what Shulgin means when he states:

DOC is clearly a long-lasting, dyed-in-the-wool psychedelic.

Anyone willing to explain ? :)

Seeing that DOC is an amphetamine, does that mean it produces cross tolerance to 2-FA 3-FA 4-FA etc?
Dosages for DOC range from 2-4mg, generally. What do you think 2-4mg of an amphetamine does for you?

I'd hazard a guess that DOC still functions as a monoamine releaser, but this effect is going to be insignificant at typical dosages.

Well because the nboms increase your tolerance a lot I was thinking that the same could be the case with DOC

The NBOMes are totally different in their mechanism of action... they're much stronger agonists for serotonin so they produce stronger tolerance than any other psychedelics.

English is not my native language, but I consider my knowledge above average.
That being said, I can't understand what Shulgin means when he states:

DOC is clearly a long-lasting, dyed-in-the-wool psychedelic.

Anyone willing to explain ? :)

It just means it's psychedelic through and through.

Dosages for DOC range from 2-4mg, generally. What do you think 2-4mg of an amphetamine does for you?

I'd hazard a guess that DOC still functions as a monoamine releaser, but this effect is going to be insignificant at typical dosages.

If I recall correctly DOC is not a releaser at all, just an agonist at serotonin receptor sites and I think a little bit at NE too.

Hello everyone.
I recently got myself a 500mg batch of DOC after months of research on this chemical. Upon arrival I mixed it with 750mL of Everclear and should have a 2mg per 3mL solution if my math is correct.

Last night I decided to try a threshold dose (1mg) since I have the week off from work and saw no real visual hallucinations (closed or open) but felt a very intense amphetamine like Buzz which I'm still feeling, but as I stated, little to no change in perception. Now I have reasonable experience with LSD, DMT, and the like but no tolerance to speak of. I'm interested to hear anyone's take on why this may be the case. Is it just that the dose was too low to even feel threshold psychedelia or is it something else?

Also, Xorkoth your trip reports and subsequent writing on this seemingly wonderous drug are simply fantastic.

Hello everyone.
I recently got myself a 500mg batch of DOC after months of research on this chemical. Upon arrival I mixed it with 750mL of Everclear and should have a 2mg per 3mL solution if my math is correct.
Im
Last night I decided to try a threshold dose (1mg) since I have the week off from work and saw no real visual hallucinations (closed or open) but felt a very intense amphetamine like Buzz which I'm still feeling, but as I stated, little to no change in perception. Now I have reasonable experience with LSD, DMT, and the like but no tolerance to speak of. I'm interested to hear anyone's take on why this may be the case. Is it just that the dose was too low to even feel threshold psychedelia or is it something else?

Also, Xorkoth your trip reports and subsequent writing on this seemingly wonderous drug are simply fantastic.
There seems to be a fair degree of variation in semsitivity to the drug, percentage-wise. My first 2mg experience was quite strong, but I have had several friends report only very weak visual effects at this dosage. You may just require a higher-end dose (ie.3+mg)

1mg is definitely a threshold dose, I don't feel anything psychedelic from that dose, or at least, nothing overtly psychedelic. I'd try 2.5mg next time, a friend of mine who was very underwhelmed by 1mg tried 2.5 and had a great trip. Now he prefers 3-3.5.

I am thinking of adding DOC to my "spend the day outside" drug repertoire. If you had to compare the stimulation to LSD and 2c-b where would you put it? I am assuming more than LSD (I feel like falling asleep between hours 2-5...hah), but more than 2c-b?

Is it a rough come yo BC it is physical, or is it rough mentally too? I would almost think BC it is so long of a come up the mental part would be more gradual...?

I've been experimenting with volumetric dosing. Problem is, I can't get the DOC to fully dissolve into Everclear.. which seems odd.

For example, my last batch was 300mg of DOC into 100ml of Everclear. However, after vigorous agitation and even a hot water bath, I'm still seeing what could be ~ 25-50mg of particulate. The particles seems to be of a slightly different character than that of the DOC in the baggie (being flaky floaters instead of sandy grains).

Anyone know the solubility of DOC in alcohol?
Is 3mg/ml an unreasonable solution?
Or is my DOC just impure, and I'm seeing inert salts?

On a related note, could DOC molecules withstand direct flame to the solution?

DOC is generally more stimulating than 2C-B for sure, and also more physically stimulating than LSD too. I find the body energy to feel mescaline-like, but a little less natural-feeling, a little more stimmy. But on a strong dose I will actually be sedated on the peak. The energy is distinctly different from amphetamine although it's related. I find that the physical stimulation/body energy from DOC becomes more and more comfortable and euphoric as the trip wears on, and actually peaks post-peak. I never feel cracked-out or sketchy from the stimulation... it's just like this intense amount of energy radiating through your existence, not uncomfortable but it takes some getting used to at first.

Mentally it definitely progresses more slowly... the come-up is mostly just intense because of the sudden intense energy. With DOC my mind tends to stay very sober in a way, I can function quite well outwardly and I don't get anxious if things get intense, unlike with some other psychedelics. DOC can lead to some really intense thoughts because it speeds up my thought process and expands my ability to make connections, which is one of my favorite aspects of psychedelics. It does this really well. I haven't broken through to any breakthrough sort of spaces or experienced anything truly mystical on it, but I have had really beautiful and important emotional breakthrough experiences with it because it really allows crystal clear, objective thought and insight into yourself.