View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy DOC Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
just a coffee and an OJ in your belly? should have at least had some crackers with your dose, lol. :)

I vaped it and found the bodily discomfort quite unpleasant for the hour I slowly vaped over. These symptoms were gone within 30mins of putting down the vape.

That's kind of staggered dosing, but peaking in 3h is hardly slow. In conclusion, I think staggering will help only a little if it is not caused by receptors in the GI tract.

Finally got around to trying DOC. Holy smokes!!!! Wow x 100000000000000000.

4mg and I can honestly say this DOC is the only psychedelic that has come close to getting me to ibogaine land. I am not sure I'd ever take more than 4mg, it was SERIOUSLY intense. I was pretty surprised, DOC had basically nothing in common with the 2Cs. Even DOM, to some extent, reminded me somewhat of 2C-D and 2C-E. DOC was just on a whole other level. I thoroughly enjoyed myself, but I cannot call it recreational or fun...indeed it was one of the more serious trips I have had in ages.

/me in awe of DOC.

^ I plugged 5mg recently, was definitely too much but I was still able to have an amazing time once the initial flabbergastion wore off

It was fucking unreal, though. I tried some meditation and almost entered a video game in my head.. unfortunately the stimulation was through the roof at that dose so I couldn't sit still for more than a few minutes :\

I'll definitely be trying again, probably the 3.5-4mg range. The most unfortunate part was that plugging didn't do anything to alleviate stomach discomfort.. I still had a near ayahuasca type purge :\

A friend of mine snorted some as well, seemed to work for him.

A friend of mine years ago who took too much DOC (6-7mg) described this trip where she got caught in a "loop" where she was cut off from all her senses sorta like ketamine would, only she could move around in her house and her mind just filled in her house from pure memory like lego blocks.. sorta like walking around in the dark only her brain filled in reality (but she was totally cut off from all sensory input). Then at some point aliens took her away and showed her we all came from outer space having something to do with the pyramids in egypt lol.. I tripped on DOC after she told me all that and started freaking out cause i thought i was about to get caught in the same type of loop...

I would get this "super high def" vision on the comedown - my vision was like a super HD digital camera taking pictures but at only 2 frames per second (VERY clear still images but hard to see motion). The framerate would slow down to one image per second and i thought if it stopped, i'd be gone in that loop. Shit was crazy intense but thankfully i didn't (i was in a public place!).

Aliens seem common on high dose DOC.. almost psychosis-like. I remember a trip where I went into this meditative state where aliens were beaming information into my head.. then later I started seeing aliens trying to communicate with me thru my computer via old usenet posts from 1993.

Is bruxism fairly prominent with this one? I've only ever explored DOB and DOI, years ago at that, and I absolutely cannot tolerate maxillofacial tension/pain due to a fractured jaw that I never got corrected.

Is bruxism fairly prominent with this one? I've only ever explored DOB and DOI, years ago at that, and I absolutely cannot tolerate maxillofacial tension/pain due to a fractured jaw that I never got corrected.

It had a push, but in general it was not that stimulating....until I was trying to get to sleep anyway! Well either way, I did not have any issues with jaw grinding/clenching.

MGS you said it didnt have much similarity to its corresponding 2C compound correct? I never felt like 2C-B or 2C-I had much similarity to their amphetamine counterparts.

You've had numerous trials with 2C-C if I remember correctly, could you make any comparisons?

MGS you said it didnt have much similarity to its corresponding 2C compound correct? I never felt like 2C-B or 2C-I had much similarity to their amphetamine counterparts.

You've had numerous trials with 2C-C if I remember correctly, could you make any comparisons?

I'm unclear what you are asking. :) What was surprising about DOC was it seemed like something distinctly different from 2C-C...or any of the 2Cs.

All I can say about it...is back in March when I took the ibogaine....when it was coming on I noted an LSD-like component to it, and (what I imagined) a DOx would be like...I had not had any DOx compounds then.

Now having had a DOx (or two)....I can say my imagination was correct. What does that mean for your question? No idea! Except to say DOC was totally unlike the 2Cs...wasn't particularly LSD-like either beyond sheer intensity. Just a very new experience for me. Less 'earthy' then the 2Cs if I can use those words....far 'cleaner' and 'purer' of a psychedelic compared to any of the 2Cs.

Actually, I like what Shulgin has already said of it...this sums it up for me...

"This is what I might call an archetypical psychedelic. Everything is there in spades, with few if any of the subtle graces, the `gentle images' and `gentle fantasies' of the 2-carbon phenethylamines. This is the works. There are visuals, and there are interpretive problems with knowing just where you really are. The place where nothing makes sense, and yet everything makes sense."

Haha dammit I want to try so bad now, I have 2 blotters of 1.5 mg each and a 10-strip of unknown potency. I guess I'd better get it to the lab, though the 1.5 mgers are probably more than plenty to start with. I read the 3-star erowid report (again) and it is with only 2 mg... also I think I know the sort of languor (esp. half after stimulated like on mesc or DOB) so I'd better get something to help with that...

First need to get off these meds, I'm really done with em already. :\

Damn solipsis figured you would be pretty experience with this chemical I'd say 1.5 mgs is the perfect starting point. experience is amazing absolutely gorgeous visuals but the goddamn stimulation that never ends sucks with this I don't care how many xanax bars you god it's gonna take a lot to be able to go to sleep after 18 hours of tripping awesome club drug love to take this at raves n parties simply because I can go all night and all day the next day lol

Some other people REALLY need to try plugging/snorting with this. I feel it could drastically decrease the length.

I came up in probably an hour (over twice as fast), the peak seemed to last for a similar amount of time (perhaps minus the time you'd spend half tripping while still coming up) but the residual stimulation went away quite a bit quicker. I was still up all night, but no longer in that anxious post-mind blown state that you can get into after a heavy trip.

I also really like Shulgin's description of it. It's quite unique, yet it shares nearly all the typical psychedelic effects. I'd liken it to NBOMe more than 2C-x though. Kind of like a 25i trip physically/visually with LSD's mental effects. The "stimulation" isn't anything like amphetamines or even caffeine, it's nearly all mental rather than physical. Just gives you the feeling of "I want to go do everything at the same time"

I could NOT imagine it at a rave, though. I couldn't find a good song to save my life.. it was really fucking irritating. 4-AcO-DMT was similar in that there wasn't really any genre of music to match the mood, although I guess if you're taking it in a club setting the vibe would be entirely different.

You guys have inspired me to give DOC another go, except this time I will be going for 4mgs as opposed the 3. At 3mgs I found DOC hollow and lacking in general headspace and body buzz but the visuals were pretty and intense, very much 2c-c like for me (a chem I'm well versed with) which is strange as everyone seems to disagree, but then again my trip was the opposite of most peoples reactions... No GI issues, no mental component, no euphoria or music appreciation, and certainly no stimulation, just what felt like a 20 hour 2c trip that was heavy visually. I have to agree with folley in that this chem will not be going with me to any parties, I too just couldn't find any music I thoroughly enjoyed. Anyways I've got a couple trips ahead in line but I'll give this supposed gem another chance within the next month or two.

How exhausting is it exactly, and would 2 mg be a good starting point? I will take mr. nugs opinion into consideration but what do others think? I started with 1.75 mg with DOB and I'm pretty sure that one is more potent, it is very interesting but not very good. With DOB I would agree that it is nothing like 2C-B and more like a hybrid (or tribrid if you will) of LSD, an NBOMe - I guess what I expect 25B to be just to gamble on a variety -, and dexamphetamine.

How exhausting is it exactly, and would 2 mg be a good starting point?

I imagine 2mg (being half what I took) would still be very interesting. On the other hand, my experience with the related DOM (also at 4mg) tells me smaller dosages don't mean much with regard to duration or push. Certainly 4mg of DOM (which did not get me past ++) was powerfully stimulating for 18hr.

Since you only have two blotters of known potency I'd say take the whole 3mgs. I can't imagine 3mgs being too intense for someone as experienced as you, 2mgs seems like a pretty low level dose IMO but there are others more experienced with DOC than me but after reading through this entire thread a while back this chem seems to shine in doses of 3+mgs.

Thank you guys for the input. Who knows if I submit my sample quickly I might very well get my lab results before I ever am ready to start this journey. In two weeks time I will stop my very low dose mirtazapine which is hardly worth taking anymore but my shrink has a vacation next week and I have to sit it out this last bit. I have no clinical depression but have reasons to be depressed. I also take it mostly for off-label reasons. I just want to get rid of the languor this stuff gives me and I will only start tripping again if I'm confident I have a good solid ground mentally.
With DOB on the long comedown of my first time smoking weed definitely took the edge off but I did feel like there wasn't much that would put a stop to it or an actual dent in it. I think taking serotonergic antagonists is over the top and I don't want to wage a war like that in my brain. Nowadays I experience long bouts of sleep and sleepnessness even without drugs so I will just need to get a grip on the manic side of it. No idea what measures to take against that. One reason I am wary of taking diphenidine or methoxphenidine is also mania since I worry that if I have strong NMDA antagonist tolerance but no dopaminergic tolerance I will get mania before I get good dissociation. Then again with MXE I can still get fucked up and just need to dose higher after a while but I am told those substances are more like 3-MeO-PCX which are tricky beasts, fucking A.

Ok sorry about the sidetrack. Now that I think of it I don't really think I need to be out of this world and I'm not even bothered about getting visuals like I always used to be, I just am extremely intrigued about the reports of hypomania unfolding into mania which also allow for example excelling at a musical instrument, in my case the piano.

As stimulating as the descriptions are I have a hard time confirming what it is I would want out of such an experience. I think getting my self and not-self in the clear with each other, wiping the slate and going back to the source for a short while before returning and continuing my battle against hardships. That is what I'd like. Not as escapism but as a recurrent medicinal rite of passage to get aligned. I guess there is hardly as little escape as there is when on a DOX or NBOMe, is there?

I disagree I think the music appreciation is highly enhanced when I take doc. there's some head fuck with it but it's mainly just that you're thinking in loops. and I guess it wasn't exactly a rave i went to I was at a club seeing papadosio watching the light show on it is absolutely amazing the visuals can get 4 dimensional. Sniffing this drug is the way to go I've never had any kind of stomach discomfort whatsoever from this chem. and I've always heard reports that doc is much more fun than dob. it can be very euphoric the first time you do it I've heard that from just that everybody I know that has tried it. objects morph for a little and visuals seem to be very.. swirly to just streamers of all these different colors swirling all around. this drug does it burn really bad if you sniff it that's for . but in the end if you're asking what you're going to get out of it not too much besides a lot of visuals if you're out with friends then and have a good time more fun than usual. but there is very little therapeutic value to it. but I will remember that papadosio New Years Eve trip last weekend for a while that was pretty cool.

Last edited:
Which ROA will precipitate the fastest onset and shortest duration? I'm on the verge o making a purchase but I generally dislike taking any long acting psychedelic.
As a side note; I'm currently tapering off of years of heavy GABAergic use, what time line should I expect from a strong ++ or +++ dose? I assume my heightened sensitivity to stimulation will play a major factor in the duration.

Edit: I'm thinking that once I get around to trying this one I'll go out for a mid-spring camping trip in the mountains. What do you guys think of a 2mg dose for my buddy and 3.5-4mg for myself (both vaping the doses) at around 4pm so we can hike during the come up and peak at night through the next morning into the afternoon and finally settling down by the camp fire with a couple brews and canna edibles to relax and integrate?

It's been so long since I used a DOX that im having a hard time thinking about the best plan of action for my first adventure with DOC.

Edit: could someone help me find a way to go from volumetric dosing to impregnating a material safe for insufflating with the DOC solution in order to make intranasal dosing easier?

Last edited:
Well my friend has agreed that we will venture to the mountains and caves of Colorado, and agreeed to trip.
Should I slowly titrate my homeboy up or give him about 4mg for his first time? He will be with people that have over 300 trips combined, I think he will be alright?

Status
Not open for further replies.