View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy DMT Thread - The Fifth Symphony

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm thinking it will be fine. You should look at it and test a bit. I've had some extracted DMT sitting around for over a year, mostly in the fridge but sometimes at room temperature, in an airtight jar. It's just fine.

I have some synth Dimitrea... and wanna do it IV ala Rick Strassman, just to know for sure, how NOT to take DMT!

Julian.

LMAO.

if you're so sure that IV is not the way to do it then why even bother trying it.

IMO IV will deliver the entire dose of DMT to your blood stream at once, producing a more immersive experience, rrequiring less material, and not having to go through the pain of smoking it or taking it orally.

seems like the ideal way of taking to me.

^ Hell, yeah, you'll use less.... I think Strassman used a max of 0.6 mg/kg of body weight in his tests, and that subject tripped his balls off. Most maxed at 0.4 mg/kg.

I had a couple experiences last night that made the weekend's adventures look like child's play. My feet actually melted into the floor, and as I roamed thru my apartment, I noticed all my appliances/electronics had been replaced with different models. 8(

Plus, everything looked like I was viewing it thru yellow-tinted glasses.

My best friend since childhood is actually an anaesthesiologist, and I plan to introduce him to DMT this summer. If we can score some synth (and I think we can), I'll be able to have it administered IV by a professional. :D

extracted DMT works fine for IVing too.
It would just need to be recrystalized and micron filtered.

Well, I guess that takes care of that. Now I just need to convince the Good Doctor that this would be a scientifically worthy experiment. ;)

I've done experiments with extracted IV DMT... and was really unimpressed... smoking is MUCH better.

if you're so sure that IV is not the way to do it then why even bother trying it.

Just to know directly for myself what it is like!

I told some very experienced friends about this and they agreed with me, synth DMT (they had both done it) was inferior to good natural DMT and that the IV route was an inferior method of administration in terms of the effects.

IMO IV will deliver the entire dose of DMT to your blood stream at once, producing a more immersive experience, rrequiring less material, and not having to go through the pain of smoking it or taking it orally.

Yes, I agree, but I generally find IV to be an inferior way to take anything... many won't recognise that administration route effects the nature of the experience, but for me, it sure does!

IM DMT for example, will give a completey different set of effects than IV will...

Julian.

I told some very experienced friends about this and they agreed with me, synth DMT (they had both done it) was inferior to good natural DMT and that the IV route was an inferior method of administration in terms of the effects.

Then your 'natural' DMT isn't DMT, it's a mysterious combination of unknown chemicals.

Then your 'natural' DMT isn't DMT, it's a mysterious combination of unknown chemicals.

Not if extracted from certain plants which only contain DMT.

Julian.

^Impossible. There are always going to be some other minor alkaloids present in the plants. Unless you're separating the stuff via chromatography, an extract of a DMT containing plant is going to contain some alkaloid other than DMT, even if only in trace amounts.

Yeah, trace amounts is not signfigantly going to make the experience signifigantly different to synthetic DMT - which most people I know says is sheer crap, and not to touch the shit, put it down, take your hand off the donkey, and barely even consider it DMT.

Julian.

Yeah, trace amounts is not signfigantly going to make the experience signifigantly different to synthetic DMT - which most people I know says is sheer crap, and not to touch the shit, put it down, take your hand off the donkey, and barely even consider it DMT.

Julian.
Do you have any plausible theoretical explanation as to why two physically identical chemicals would have different subjective effects in the brain? (Other than differences in expectations, which is what most immediately springs to mind for me.)

Some people from here have said that the synthetic DMT, at least the original batch, is just as good as extracted but generally stronger by the dose since it's 100% pure.

sorry to break the circle but

does anyone think real pure dmt smells like spicy jasmine?

Synthetic DMT, while far from "pure crap," lacks the emotional impact of organic, in my opinion. It provides a comparatively cold and clinical-feeling experience, without the "I belong in this Universe, and am accepted here" vibe that good extracted stuff can give you.

It is simply a different experience, and one advantage synth has over organic, at least in my opinion, is its consistency in what it delivers. I find I can take synthetic DMT and get pretty much what I expect each time, while with organic, you never know quite where it's gonna take you.

Which is part of the fun. :)

I like to have both available. Organic provides a more adventuresome experience, I find. Assuming that a sense of adventure is one of the primary reasons for embarking on a psychedelic odyssey in the first place, I guess organic wins out by a nose. At least in my book.

I wouldn't flush any synth down the toilet, though. ;)

Seeing as DMT isn't a chiral molecule, there really shouldn't be any difference between synthetic and naturally sourced DMT (given it is totally pure) neurochemically speaking. It would be more a psychosomatic thing.

The idea of DMT coming from nature to a person like me is a lot nicer an idea than DMT being produced in a laboratory, and so would colour the experience, I'm sure. I've never taken synthetic DMT though.

Really though, there shouldn't be any reason a properly synthed stash of pure DMT should be crap compared to natural sourced DMT of equal or very close purity. It just doesn't make sense.

^ I believe it's the alks other than N,N-DMT that provide the aspect of emotional unity with everything.
5-MeO-DMT taken on it's own doesn't provide this, either (to me, at least), so perhaps it's the so-called Jungle Spice, something else, or simply the fact that the combination is greater than the sum of its parts in some way. :\

Hasn't anyone on Bluelight kept up with the 'jungle spice' research? There are other active beta-carbolines, indoles, and other MAOIs and 5-HT2 agonists in all of the DMT-containing plants. Almost all extraction techniques result in a DMT product combined with these other alkaloids. Mimosa hostilis being the worst case of this - there's a fraction of mimosa hostilis extract that is potent as a psychedelic and is NOT dimethyltryptamine. It's water soluble and makes mimosa hostilis tea orally active without additional MAOIs.

Status
Not open for further replies.