• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines The Big & Dandy DMT Thread - The 6th Recursion

I think the general consensus is 300mg of Moclobemide and 50-100mg dmt orally. Be careful.

Okay I managed to get a hold of some DMT, a friend claims that I shouldn't read any trip reports because it will affect the way I perceive my trip, do you guys agree or disagree? I've heard nothing can really prepare you for it anyway.

Well I think you should read reports unless you want to make it an experiment on the contents in the trip, to ensure that themes you experience do not come from having read other people's accounts.

For example suppose some people meet a purple ghost horse in their trip. If you read about it before ever tripping, you could never be sure that if you do trip and meet the purple horse... it is not from having read about it. It's like a test for the authenticity, originality or derivative nature of trip contents.
If you never read about the purple horse but you meet it in a trip and read about it later... well that's different.

Some people might think that the experience is the most authentic if you go in as a blank slate. While I do not argue that this has *some* value, my personal opinion is that even if you read trip reports DMT trips are still unimaginable and creative. Because reading or writing about the trips, even the best kinds of writing, are still bland and weak approximations of the actual experience.

I think it is worth reading trip reports because they give you an idea of what to expect so that you can prepare yourself as much as possible for a certain ritual or a certain way you plan on reacting. Understanding better what such intensity does to a person might affect the way you approach your trip in a positive way.

It's true IMO that nothing can truly prepare you because it is in the nature of the experience to be overwhelming (for me, having done it before doesn't make me shit my pants any less thinking about it) but that does not mean that it is all in vain trying to handle it the best you can. Reading about it can help you with that, and I have certainly learned ways to handle the preparation that mean a difference of day and night in the outcome. If I do it all too casually, there is a big chance that it will blow up in my face. But if I meditate on what I am about to do, the path can be cleared to blast off and it can help avoid obstacles in the experience for sure.
Reading about it, can help people avoid obstacles others have come across. If we help each other, we don't all have to make the same mistakes but can learn from each other.

If you are in doubt, why don't you ask an explanation of your friend what would be so bad about your perception of the trip being affected ?

Thanks, informative as ever! I read quite a few quite a while ago before I ever thought that I'd want to/get the chance to do some. I personally like to read trip reports about everything before I do the substances myself and just wanted a second opinion to see if anyone else agreed with the sentiment of going in with a blank slate.

Anyway tolerance for the stuff only lasts about an hour so I hear? I was planning on spending a day titrating dosage up every 2 hours or so starting from about 10mg in porbably 3-5mg increments, is that a good way to approach it first time round?

does set and setting make a difference in using dmt? i have probably just enough to breakthrough that i've been saving for a couple weeks now until i find that the time is right. i'm wondering if smoking it in my room or smoking it in the middle of nature makes a difference? does having someone "sit" you make a difference than doing it by yourself? i know dmt is mostly in the head, or at least not of this physical world, but maybe these things make a difference? i feel i'd be able to fully let go if i were by myself surrounded by nature, am i right?

Does anybody here have any experience smoking dmt while on 4meo-pcp. I am planning on doing this tomorrow afternoon possibly. I love mixing dmt and ketamine and once I vaped a low dose of 4-aco-det while coming down off of 4-meo-pcp so I'd imagine this combo would be interesting too. Are there any dangers with this combination I should be concerned with? I am not worried about intensity but am wondering if there are any negative interactions that would more dangerous than the two other combinations I mentioned.

Last edited:
does set and setting make a difference in using dmt? i have probably just enough to breakthrough that i've been saving for a couple weeks now until i find that the time is right. i'm wondering if smoking it in my room or smoking it in the middle of nature makes a difference? does having someone "sit" you make a difference than doing it by yourself? i know dmt is mostly in the head, or at least not of this physical world, but maybe these things make a difference? i feel i'd be able to fully let go if i were by myself surrounded by nature, am i right?

use it in nature, if you can comfortably.... makes it way way more awesome.... but a room can be cool too. I like the lights to be on, and no music to be on.

Okay I managed to get a hold of some DMT, a friend claims that I shouldn't read any trip reports because it will affect the way I perceive my trip, do you guys agree or disagree? I've heard nothing can really prepare you for it anyway.

It doesn't matter, you are going to go where you are going to go with DMT, you can not prepare for this, you can not change its effects by having a view point you stand on, because when you break through you wont have anything to stand on.

Just make sure you break through (beware of the dreaded underdose), smoke 100+mgs in one go. I suggest the bottle method:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QtckVptu4I4

(keep the lid on the bottle, fill with thick creamy smoke, uncap lid, inhale in one, hold in as long as you can - simple)

Last edited:

When you break through, you will loose contact with this reality, so as long as you're not driving a bus or something, then it wont matter what reality/setting you leave behind...This is not something you can prepare for I find, there is no 'right' time or place to do this.

(I personally like to be alone, in case I start groaning or god knows what and freak out a sitter).

McKenna talking about (non-DMT) Tripping alone or with people: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2RTjdzHL9lE

Last edited:
It doesn't matter, you are going to go where you are going to go with DMT, you can not prepare for this, you can not change its effects by having a view point you stand on, because when you break through you wont have anything to stand on.

Just make sure you break through (beware of the dreaded underdose), smoke 100+mgs in one go. I suggest the bottle method:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QtckVptu4I4

(keep the lid on the bottle, fill with thick creamy smoke, uncap lid, inhale in one, hold in as long as you can - simple)

The dreaded underdose? I find it hard to believe than too little drugs can be worse than too many? What's so bad about underdosing?

The dreaded underdose? I find it hard to believe than too little drugs can be worse than too many? What's so bad about underdosing?

I hear you, I'm keen to try DMT but I am going to work it up slowly, ala Shulgin style and I have much reading to do on it first, I wish to closely monitor any ill effects when using these still quite unknown substances(in absolute terms).

I always just said this as a joke... "its better to do too much, than too little" ... but i think its true... you CANT do too much dmt in my opinion... Its meant to be intense, if you want to breakthrough , you have to throw the rulebook out the window.

I think so too.

That bottle method sounds fucking good though - can you breakthrough with one lungful with that method?

I like sub-breakthrough doses but I don't think they're particularly worthwhile entheogenically.

yeah i use "The machine" bottle, with surgical tubing attached to a jar w/ water in it, and another tube to my mouth... So basically its a "machine" with a big water filter bong attachment. its awesome, cause dmt tastes nasty and is generally quite bad for your lungs and body

I tried using the bottle method. The theory is sound but man did it ever burn the throat. Not once using a VG did I ever taste the vapor or get burnt. Perhaps I burnt the product a bit in the bottle? I have found that the VG (wooden) seems to work best for me. I still have not broken through but I blame it on pussing out and not loading the bowl with enough spice.

I do have one very peculiar experience to share however. I loaded my VG with about 60mg of dmt and hit it up. Got a very good hit, I think I got it all in one hit. When it hit me (before I could even put the pipe down) instead of relaxing and going into a trance in my own consciousness, my eyes were shot open and my every day world around me turned into a 90's arcade game on crack. It was fucking hilariously intense. I could've even walked around if I hadn't been laughing so hard at what I was seeing. I kept saying "this isn't supposed to happen!" then burst out laughing.

Visually it was craziness. I was in my freind's living room and the walls seemed fine, the carpet seemed fine but anything in a square border (TV, pictures, computer monitor, table top) was replaced with neon backgrounds with high contrast glyphs (arrows and chevrons and the like) whipping through them at light speed. All the household objects in the room were moving around ALOT side-to-side and up-and-down. It was fucking cool and everything but I have yet to read a trip report that reflects a
Breakthrough dose that leaves you completely awake and lucid". I got to thinking about my life-long problem of lack-of-creativity. I lack every shred of creativity it seems. I'm analytical and intelligence but as far from artistic as you can get. Perhaps this played a role in my experience?

I extracted this DMT myself. Several other friends had tried breakthrough doses of this batch and gotten the full experience.

I'm thinking about going for it tonight. I used to not have much fear around psychedelics, but after a devastating 5-meo-dmt experience, followed by another crippling accidental overdose of 2c-c a few months later, I'm a bit hesitant to try to "breakthrough". Is N,N-DMT more forgiving than 5-meo-dmt?

Check out some trip reports to see if you'd agree but I think yes, DMT is generally considered as much more forgiving and enjoyable than 5-MeO-DMT

I ended up trying the 4-meo-pcp+dmt trip a little over 2 weeks ago and it was amazing. I started out doing a small dose of the dmt once I started peaking on the 4-meo-pcp in my back yard. Then a little later I went in my bathroom took a few nice hits of dmt and hopped in the shower right after I exhaled the dmt and crouched down so I would not fall. My god was is amazing; they synergised so perfectly together. I am planning to try it again in slightly higher doses in a week. I will try and right and write a trip report if I can remember to close enough after the trip so it is still fresh in my head.

Tried DMT at 20mg 30mg and 35mg didn't break through any of them and at 20 and 35 It gave me the worst headache I've ever had for the first 10 seconds or so. Regrett not just breaking through from the first time round. It hasn't prepared me for what breaking through is like at all and now I'm just scared I'll get a headache whilst breaking through. At the doses I've had it was similar to intensity as your average acid trip, but felt extremely different, but not anything that was really worth wasting DMT on or really seems like it has informed me of what breaking through will be like (seeing how my friends reacted). Oh well you live you learn. Will try 40-45 and hopefully will break through, although currently lacking a pipe.