• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy Diphenhydramine Thread

You feel pretty dysphoric physically when its coming on.. and you will feel like that the whole time unless you become fully delerious..

Once fully delerious.. the body load, if you will, seems to vanish.. either that or i forget about it being the by the time im not delerious anymore.

Be careful.

You will need a sitter.. but ime, people talking to you / interacting with you will stop the delerium taking over. Think of it like falling asleep.. if there's someone there talking to you, you will not fall asleep.

I have taken nearly a gram before while outside with a pretty big group of friends.. i didn't get delerious atall.. instead.. i felt dysphoric (kinda like i hadnt slept for a long time but without feeling sleepy + major dry mouth) and i had the memory span of about 3 seconds.. no joke.. someone would start talking to me and by the end of the sentence i couldn't remember the beginin.. when i tried.. i had no idea what was just said.

How much do you weigh?

I weigh 140lbs and my first experience (250mg) was very enjoyable, euphoric, and very similar to some psychedelic trips, but after that it all went down hill so i quit doing it.

The body load is a sickening feeling, like you have a stomach virus. Whatever your going to dose, take it all at once, because redosing just seems to increase body load for me.

diphenhydramine is not a psychedelic, it is a deleriant. large doses are very unpleasant, with severe dysphoria, dry mouth, restlessness, paranoia, and a strong desire to sleep without the ability to, and its also very damaging to ones self. it will cause effects similar ot datura, and you will have no control over yourself and you'll have scary hallucinations that are unable to distinguish from reality. save the benadryl for allergy season.

Yeah after thinking it over maybe this wasn't the right place to post this, but what defines a psychedelic is sort of vague and depends on the user imo. Common psychedelics can cause delirium and it has less to do with the effects than the person and their mindset imo. I do of course understand a high dose of DPH is bound to make me delirious though.

I weigh about 150 or so and I don't currently know anyone that would babysit for me sadly. I'm not worried about mental trauma as I know what I can handle, but there is always the risk of doing something stupid. Maybe I'll just do a lowish dose, idk, but tonight probably isn't the best night to do a high dose cause I could end up with some bad consequences (family around).

Just out of curiosity, is there anything known to lessen the effects? Like how a lot of people use benzos for shrooms and such, could benzos possibly work here as well?

Last edited:
Get some real drugs. I usually hate when people say that, but eating a bunch of DPH is a pretty lame and desperate attempt to get fucked up. In my humble opinion 8)

Get some real drugs. I usually hate when people say that, but eating a bunch of DPH is a pretty lame and desperate attempt to get fucked up. In my humble opinion 8)

It has nothing to do with wanting to "get fucked up", I'm interested in the realistic hallucinations often described. I've had trips where I couldn't tell the difference between reality and hallucination, but it wasn't quite the same. I used to get sleep paralysis a lot and one of the times I was being eaten alive by a shadow creature, causing physical pain (or maybe it was caused by the position I slept in or something, but every nightmare where I was stabbed or bitten woke me up with physical pain that lasted at least a day or two) and the sound of them chewing in my ear. I desire something as realistic as that.

Does anyone else have an opinion on the dose btw?

Last edited:
K so I popped 300 mgs, I'll maybe post how it turns out later. This weekend I might drop a more serious dose, we'll see.

300mg may or may not be enough to cause delirium. 500 almost certainly would be. I've met a fair number of people who have tried it, and not a single one who enjoyed it or ever wants to experience it again. Good luck, I hope you know what you're getting yourself into.

As for safety - 500mg shouldn't be physically dangerous in a healthy person, but the biggest danger by far with deliriants is the stupid shit people *do* while on them. Make SURE to have a sitter, one who can physically restrain you if need be.

The hallucinations caused by DPH delirium are generally known for being common objects, and hallucinations of friends and family. There are all sorts of horror stories of people 'tripping' on DPH and thinking they had some horrible argument or falling out with someone close to them, or even that something horrible happened to someone they care about (e.g., hallucinating a phone that rings, and being 'told' by a non-existent doctor that your wife is dead - read a report where that exact scenario happened), then they can't tell what was real and what wasn't after coming down.

Last edited:
I do know what I'm getting myself into and I'm hoping I don't do something stupid, but idk it just sounds too interesting for me to pass up.

In case it is necessary, do you think popping some benzos would help reduce the effects? I'm hoping it'd at least stop me from freaking out, but it might just make it more likely that I do something stupid, idk.

I honestly wish I didn't read the end part of your post, hopefully I can get it out of my mind! lol

Last edited:
The hallucinations caused by DPT delirium are generally known for being common objects, and hallucinations of friends and family. There are all sorts of horror stories of people 'tripping' on DPT and thinking they had some horrible argument or falling out with someone close to them, or even that something horrible happened to someone they care about (e.g., hallucinating a phone that rings, and being 'told' by a non-existent doctor that your wife is dead - read a report where that exact scenario happened), then they can't tell what was real and what wasn't after coming down.
My god i'm far to high. I was like.........DPT causes delirium?!?!?! Then I realized i'm just to high and he meant DPH. Besides that I would vote no on benzos as it would probably put you in a more strange state(willing to do stupider things, etc.).

It's officially starting to kick in (I took them a while before I posted) and for some reason I just started hiccuping lol

Besides that I would vote no on benzos as it would probably put you in a more strange state(willing to do stupider things, etc.).

Yeah that was what I was thinking as well, but thought it could help me just lay down and pass out maybe. Any ideas of what could sort of counter the effects if needed for some reason? I was considering maybe smoking a few cigs later even though I don't really smoke usually unless I'm tweaking.

First noticeable effect is that I keep forgetting words that I thought I had already typed. I forget that just cause I'm saying the words in my head doesn't mean I typed them lol.

This probably was a bad idea tbh, but meh. I took some ginger to possibly avoid some of the sick feeling later.. Also the effects keep drastically increasing while I'm typing this.

Last edited:
My god i'm far to high. I was like.........DPT causes delirium?!?!?! Then I realized i'm just to high and he meant DPH. Besides that I would vote no on benzos as it would probably put you in a more strange state(willing to do stupider things, etc.).

Yeah, my mistake - used to thinking about tryptamines, not antihistamines ;)

And I also agree - benzos could be dangerous territory with deliriants in terms of increasing your chances of doing stupid shit without realizing how stupid it is at the time.

FWIW, I've taken 300mg of DPH along with plenty of pot before in my younger, less responsible days, and I didn't get any of the crazy lifelike hallucinations - just a fairly uncomfortable body high, a lot of sedation and some very minor visual oddities (I remember staring at my computer speaker on my desk and, while it didn't move or change shape, for some reason it felt like I was staring down from straight above rather than forward from in front of it, and like it was some massive monument rather than a little speaker. Hard to explain, more an altered interpretation of regular vision than visuals I suppose).

Post a full report later, very interested in how this will turn out.

I've taken 300mg of DPH along with plenty of pot before in my younger, less responsible days, and I didn't get any of the crazy lifelike hallucinations - just a fairly uncomfortable body high, a lot of sedation and some very minor visual oddities

Yeah it feels like the effects have stopped increasing somewhat and there isn't anything special yet besides sounds being super loud and silence is really weird, almost like it's too quiet.

The sick feeling is mostly gone now, but I'm still feeling somewhat uncomfortable and regretting taking any tonight. Without hallucinations it seems like there really isn't anything except the negative effects.

Last edited:
I still don't get the appeal behind overdosing on a drug in hopes of experience one of the MANY toxic consequences, all bad, of anticholinergic OD?

If I tell you that the antidote for what you just did is Tear Gas, would you believe me that you are literally poisoning yourself? DPH is actually NOT chiefly even a deliriant. The delirium is the body's cry for help upon realizing that its been severely poisoned.

I still don't get the appeal behind overdosing on a drug in hopes of experience one of the MANY toxic consequences, all bad, of anticholinergic OD?

If I tell you that the antidote for what you just did is Tear Gas, would you believe me that you are literally poisoning yourself? DPH is actually NOT chiefly even a deliriant. The delirium is the body's cry for help upon realizing that its been severely poisoned.

I'm having a hard time believing it is a poison no offense, do you have any sources I can look at?

Yes, look up "anticholinergic toxicity". It is so well-documented that it boggles my mind how some people still imagine it (or datura, etc) to be a somehow "misunderstood" drug.

And I'm actually not joking or exaggerating about the Tear Gas: the stuff you took at the doses you took WILL cure poisoning from many kinds of chemical weapons, and vice versa.

"sounds being super loud and silence is really weird, almost like it's too quiet." LOL yep fucking diphenhydramine. Excellent drug for fast fowarding tobacco withdrawal or putting you to sleep. Otherwise, it's evil as fuck.