• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy Day vs Night Tripping Thread

i find late night more peaceful tho late afternoon can be good at times

for me mushrooms, dmt and morning glory seeds seem better when it's dark and everyone else is asleep, it's really quite and the nocturnal animals are wandering about..... small sounds are accentuated and travel for miles. i just love that 3d night time vision thing that goes with tryptamines.
the moon and stars make wonderful companions too

For me its usually at night since it feels like 'lost time' or something, many people around me would be going to bed at the moment that I would go off on a sort of tangent of this reality. The feeling of having a break gives me freedom so yea.

Of course there are often enough times during the day when I can just take my freedom although I feel like being more active then so it requires more planning. Daytime is when you want nature and sunshine to enlighten you! It's more special that way, for when the occasion calls for it :)

Lsd at about 10pm is beautiful. Just watching the stars while peaking is an insightful experience :p

Night is better... more visuals,more inner trip but there is something about walking on morning beach...the clouds,the sun... while nearly ego dead,it is good.

Both - but overall I think it more sensible for me during the day as it synchronises better with my body clock :)

When people are not comfortable with hallucinatng, tripping at night is a sort of security blanket, like wearing a pair of sun glasses or taking some valium.

With all due respect, i don't agree with this statement. For me, 2c-e is the only psychedelic available at this time for me, tripping during the day is hot and noisy (living in California) so I prefer night time to go venture out. On acid I could do it during the day and visit crowded places. It has been about 8 months though since Lucy and I have met up. Night time still gives me more than i think in the day, less patterns but more "wtf, did i just see that or...." also the nocturnal feeling is unique, humans normally sleep during night time and to be wide awake while everyone i know is asleep gives me that sense of being alone... eerie but exciting.

Both are good. You can watch the sunset or the sunrise...

On a lot of things, bright sunlight will wash out a substantial amount of the visual activity, especially with 4-sub-trypts, less so with LSD and phenethylamines. I'm also a bit sensitive to sunlight anyway, and having my eyes dialated like that during the day is a bit painful for me.

I usually like to dose mid to late afternoon, so I get a bit of daylight, then the bulk of the trip at night, or Between midnight and 2am so i can watch the sunrise, which is also fun.

Laying in bed in a dark room on acid is amazing, the only way i tripped. The first thing I remember seeing on acid was a ghost from pac man with a erection floating around my pitch black room

Hmm, I've had such fun on LSD day trips, especially visiting a large outdoor botanical garden or heading down to the beach. I always seem to feel the same way that I see things during day trips, vibrant and energetic.

Tripping at night though, particularly on mushrooms, is hard to beat in my experience. The way everything, even things entirely familiar to you, can look completely alien and different evokes such a feeling of wonder in me. Good stuff.

Really, I can't choose between them. They're both so excellent, haha.

My preference;

Day: LSD, LSA, Psilocybin or other Tryptamines

Night: DXM, Phens (or other RC's)

Oh man, how could I choose?

I love tripping at any time of the day, but each time is quite different from the others. For the sake of simplicity, I will only discuss day and night, leaving out all the subtle variations.

I've tripped by far the most at night, simply by chance; I happen to have the most opportunities to be alone then, and thus, the most opportunities to trip (as I don't really have anyone around me who likes to trip like I do). Tripping at night has generally proven to provide the most profound experience. Perhaps this is because the general atmosphere at night is more ominous, more danger-filled, more mysterious and unknown. That energy really permeates a trip. It doesn't have as much of an impact when you're inside, but if you're outside in the wilderness at night, you start to feel like a frightened animal sometimes. Although this can be difficult at times, it also unlocks the doors to some unique aspects of the human, mammalian, and reptilian psyche. I also get much more colorful visuals at night, and much more noticeable.

Day tripping, on the other hand, is generally infused with a sense of wonder and glee and mischief, heavily reminiscent of childhood. I would only ever want to trip outside in nature during the day. Tripping inside would make me feel gross and just make me long for the outdoors. The visuals I get outside in the sunlight are much different from the ones I get inside or in the dark. They consis of heavy magnification of what I'm looking at and incredibly complex, fractallized patterns emerging from the organized chaos of nature, such as through the ruslting leaves of a forest. Forests are definitely my favorite places to be while tripping, followed very closely by mountains. Or forested mountains, better still! I get a much greater sense of communion with nature during the day, and I always feel embraced with absolute love and joy. I've had some very profound and unique experiences outside during the day on psychedelics, but there's a certain edge missing from it that makes each trip more likely to be a fun, recreational, refreshing trip into the land of childhood and nature spirits, rather than a deep, powerful, world-shattering introspective trip.

So, you see, they're both wonderful :)

I resonate everything in this post.

I recently had my first day trip and it was very fun-filled and happy but lacked that depth of a shattering trip that seems to come with the quietness of nighttime. It was with 2C-B BTW. On a previous nighttime 2C-B trip I felt a longing to be outside during the day like 2C-B was geared towards a happy day trip.

What I'm planning on doing this weekend is take 2C-B during the day and then take MDMA later that night. MDMA for me has always be a nighttime drug. The quietness and peace of the night always brings out the profound state MDMA has provided me. I couldn't imagine taking MDMA during the day, it would just clash so much.

I am all about tripping during the day, in the sun amongst the trees with all the bird twittering away. Night time can be fun too, but i prefer in the summer time during a nice warm summers night. I HATE being cold when on acid, i like to feel warm and free and relaxed.

During the day kicks ass in my opinion over night time.

If i trip at night then i rather be home, listening to Pink Floyd and relaxing on our lounge sweet doing bulbs here and there and talking complete nonsense.

Tripping on a bright and sunny day is hard to beat, but unfortunately I rarely get the chance, due to inevitable interaction with authority figures that are supposed to think I'm drug-free.

Night tripping does usually have the benefit of increased visuals though.

I have to say night, visuals are better for me, more ethereal, I can lose myself more in the darkness. No interruptions from daytime distractions. Quiet alone time from family and friends (if alone time you seek). Only downside is sometimes not being able to sleep till next day etc. And the only thing so far I've done at day that I really liked was 2C-E.

Either or really, it depends upon how much time I have to burn - which these days feels like not enough. To that end I'd say day at present