• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy Day vs Night Tripping Thread

I'm a creature of the night. I also love to be around to see the dawn.

I prefer tripping during the day, the weather is usually more suitable and I get more beautiful lush colors as far as visuals go, like being in an enchanted forest (that is, if I'm in the woods). Plus, I can get to sleep at night.

I do like tripping at night quite a bit though, they both have their purposes.

The mental aspect is pretty much equally intense day or night. But the visuals are another matter....

Magic Mushrooms

Day:

Everything takes on that dayglow look, where colors are more vibrant and everything is super cheery. Abstract patterns form on/in surfaces, plants become very distinct from one another, and my interpretation of nature in general is more enhanced. Surfaces swell and undulate, as if alive. Clouds move at a much faster pace than usual. CEVs usually look like a room made of textured cloth, rippling gently in the wind.

Night:

Surfaces become semitransparent, and I can sometimes see the cosmos behind everything. Visuals are colorful bands of energy that are detached from the environment (they don't have a visual basis).

LSD

Day:

Everything is alive with motion, and I get a rush from just experiencing the world. Patterns form on surfaces, but not to a high degree. The patterns do seem to be a bit more "out there" than when on mushrooms. For instance, clouds may look like fish bones, trees may take on a stained glass appearance, moss agate will contain tiny skeletons, etc.

Night:

Colorful bands in air, more technical in appearance than on mushrooms. I may interpret dim forms as something exotic, like the hanging sheet I saw once that resembled a beautiful woman.

San Pedro

Day:

Thick, colorful bands running above & underneath surfaces; golden symbols; trees dripping into the sky; stepping stones multiplying; tunnels of eyes (CEVs), blurry vision.

Night:

Not much different than daytime tripping.

DXM

Day:

No OEVs whatsoever. Everything's brighter, probably due to pupil dilation. CEV's are sharp, detailed, three dimensional scenes that I can view from different angles at will. I can also stop/start their animations. They often crystallize themselves into static forms.

Night:

In dim light, golden-gray lines form everywhere, often obscuring my whole visual field which can be very disorienting. They morph rapidly, often resembling Aztec designs or circuitry. I usually don't have much control over them. New shapes form out of the darkness, and objects will multiply and/or modify themselves. They only appear when my eyes are open, and are very much like mushroom or acid visuals. With closed eyes I can sometimes see the area I am in, which gives the impression of having my eyes open.

I prefer tripping on mushrooms and acid during the day. Walking through the forest, climbing under bushes and finding beautiful vistas is simply wonderful. DXM is great any time. I usually take DXM polistirex, which lasts a long time and lets me experience both day CEVs and night OEVs. I can trip for two days if I ramp up the afterglow with small amounts of cannabis :)

For me it depends on my mood, the chemical, and who I'm with. I like night tripping for when I just want to chill, have crazy discussions, learn more about who I'm with and myself, etc. On the other hand I like day tripping for nature, art galleries (LOVE), walking around in the park, introspection, etc. Again, in terms of day trips I really have to assess what I'm taking and my dose. I dont want to be in public while not knowing whats going on.

I used to vastly prefer night tripping but these days I generally prefer the day... I love the sunlight and the vibrancy of daytime out in nature.