• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines The Big & Dandy Bufotenine (5-HO-DMT) Thread - The Truth is Out There

Erick Smyth said:
Why can't I delete my own account anyway? Why is this feature missing?

You are able to delete all your posts, and stop posting. No-one is stopping you (or any other user) from doing that, if you want. I'm sorry this happened, because you seemed like you had interesting things to say, but registering multiple accounts is not really the way to do it.

Erick Smyth said:
Why can't I delete my own account anyway? Why is this feature missing?

If you want to leave, then leave. ;)

My final words on this subject:

I'm truly sorry that it degraded into this. Erick/Anadenanthera, I believe that some of what you have to say may be true. I do believe that bufotenine has psychedelic properties and that there may be better ways of taking it than we currently understand. I hope discussion of this continues, and if it does because of your efforts, well, then you can feel good about that.

What we responded to was a belief that you were attempting to promote a product for monetary or some other reasons, a compound which may be quite dangerous. This is a forum based on HARM REDUCTION. What we do know (despite your claims to the contrary) is that you and Anadenathera/Pantherina are the same person. What leads me to further believe that you were trying to propmote your products is that you also brought amanitas into this.

This kind of behavior, posting under multiple user accounts to try to generate interest and "proof", raises a red flag with us and evidently with much of the community here. So we did what we felt we had to do. Deep down, you know the truth. I suppose ONLY you know the truth. So if we have actually wronged you, then I am truly sorry and one day it'll come back to get me, I'm sure. But if not, then shame on you. Shame, shame, shame. :\

Last edited:
I've reopened this thread, and will make sure it's cleaned out tomorrow (or later today, depending on your perspective).

^So I can expect to see it cleaned by yesterday?

Wow, someone actually listened to me for once! I can respect mr. Smyth for that, at least (ie. discontinuing the trolling).

Xorky: I don't think there is much more to be cleaned. The thread seems fine to me as is. But please do as you see fit! :)

The isssue nobody is discusssing (and in my opinion the most important one) is whither or not smyth's theories are false, Aside from his multiple-identities was he spreading misinformation? we know that shamans did use these snuffs in a fashion very similar to the way Smyth was perscribing, its not like he was telling people to snort sodium hydroxide-yopo or something!

the question i have is how many identities did he have...there are positive reports on erowid which now seems suspect, this is all very odd and i wish smyth would explain himself just so people could have a general idea of where the lies begin, if we attack him we may never know exactly why and what this was.

I was skeptical a while ago pantherina, smyth, and maybe even that phalaris guy all the same? all ethnobotanicals usually regarded as dangerous/useless. And i got interested in all three. It is that same exploratory instinct that gets so many of us interested in psychedelics that can be incredibly dangerous, this should be a lesson for everybody.

Last edited:
^On bluelight he had three- Anandananther, Pantherina and Erick Smyth. All posted from two IP's.

Wow, someone actually listened to me for once! I can respect mr. Smyth for that, at least (ie. discontinuing the trolling).

Did someone say something...? ;) Jamshyd I listen to EVRYTHING you do....

In his defense, Erik never pushed any vendor to me via PM. In fact, he made statements that would have actually hurt any marketing motives some suspect him of.

Also, A.Pantherina, from my understanding is essentially a more potent form of A.Muscaria which is , imho, suprisingly underated and overlooked my many.

According to Ott, anadenanthera is also very much worthy of further exploration. At least if some decent seeds would turn up.

As far as Brachystachys is concerned , this plant has been been a diamond in the rough just waiting for someone to rustle up the attention that it probabally deserves.

I mean just imagine a plant that neophytes can grow in most climates, in a container or in the ground, that raises no red flags yet can be a clean potent source of dmt! We've all heard the promise of phalaris but Brachystachys hasn't been well explored.

Well let's look into these things then, cautiously (as always). :)

Back to Bufotenin.

This thread was interesting when certain exiled citizens were still posting in it. Now I don't know what to believe.

Generations of Native South Americans can't be wrong.

The extracts anadenanthera posted on "drugs forum" are tricky, but effective. I had an excellent yield on my last batch from a pound of seeds. Truley made a believer out of me!

Last edited:
Corky said:
Generations of Native South Americans can't be wrong.

The extracts anadenanthera posted on "drugs forum" are tricky, but effective. I had an excellent yield on my last batch from a pound of seeds. Truley made a believer out of me!

Add some more! What kind of effects...smoked, eaten, etc. What method did you use.

I finally got some...now just need the lime.

I got about a gram and a half yield, from a pound of seeds, considering that only 10ml's is nessasary for a full on experience,this is a good yield!

My first extract was a bit to dirty cuz I didn't let the lime-paste get bone dry before powdering it and adding acetone, but I corrected this by redissoving the extact in a little acetone, filtering this through a coffee filter, than letting that dry to what was a first a black tar, but eventually dried to a brown powder. This brown powder was plenty concentrated enuf for me!

M.G. Seed...do you not recall this post ...that you had a bit of a problem with, cuz of a slight diss on america that Anadenanthera included in his tech?

At any rate here it (the tech) is again...

The following tec, and a pound of good yopo seeds, yielded several marbles of black gummy material, that when vaporized off foil, in small (apple-seed) doses gave a like-dmt-but-different effect that came on slow, with a strange but not unpleasant muscle tightness, that subsided in a few minutes time and was replaced by an intence visual/visionary period, that was very dmt like, but with more 3-d depth (kind of a clear-glass effect) and very quickly (flash-flash-flash) transisition through scenes. This lasted about ten minutes, and then was replaced by about a 20 minute period of more ghostly, less vivid/colorfull visions that were also very cool. This was followed by a very nice (goodmood) afterglow that lasted for several hours.

All in all, in all honesty, I have to call this compond, whatever it is, a first-rate fully immersive visionary substance, that I find just as amazing, but less scary (partially cuz of it's slower come-on) then dmt. Two thumbs up!

In the tec, you want to make sure your yopo-pickling lime paste mix is bone-dry before powdering and adding acetone, or else the water in it will carry alot of crap into the extract
So here's the tec.......

You want to start with water. If you start with alcohol, it pulls out a TON of fat and oil from the beans. If you don't mind de-fatting your extract, alcohol will do fine. De-fatting is a drag. However always make sure to add calcium hydroxide at some point near the end of your extraction or you’ll end up with an acidic form of bufotenin which will make you sick.

Here’s a simple tech that anyone can do.

* Go to a country were this is 100% LEGAL! Do NOT do this in a country were it is not 100% legal to do so. Its legal in most countries. I like Brazil. Its not legal in the US. What's wrong with Americans? I thought this was the land of the free like the song says.
* Boil the powdered beans covered in plenty of water (made pH 3 with hydrochloric acid, or just use 1 part vinegar to 3 parts water). Filter out the beans. You might want to do this a few times to get all the alkaloids.
* Evaporate the water extract down to a syrupy consistency. You can use an oven at 175 F to evaporate your stuff if you like. It’s best to use a commercial food dehydrator for this.
* To your syrup add alcohol (91% isopropyl alcohol is great), enough to make it easy to poor. Mix it for a minute or so. Solids will forms.
* Filter out the solids that form and discard them.
* Evaporate your alcohol down to a syrupy consistency.
* To your thick syrup add calcium hydroxide (pickling lime for cooking), enough to make a paste. Mix it thoroughly. It should start to smell like ammonia. Let it sit for many hours. Once the ammonia smell is gone, the reaction is complete. Instead of aweful acidic bufotenine you now have the superior calcium bufotenate in your extract.

At this point you have two options:

Alcohol option :

* mix in a generous amount of alcohol to soak up the bufotenine. Filter out the solids, evaporate your alcohol to get a pretty good extract (about 30% calcium bufotenate). Break it up into a fine powder. About 5 mg is a good starting dose for vaporizing it.

Acetone option :

* dry your extract completely. Then break it up into a fine powder.
* mix in a generous amount of acetone (available as a 100% pure solvent at most hardware stores) to soak up the bufotenine. Filter out the solids, evaporate your acetone to get a pretty good extract (about 75% calcium bufotenate).

So did you get 1.5 grams of tar-ball, or was it alcohol or acetone extracted? I'm not sure if you mean 1.5 grams of pure calcium bufotenin or if you are meaning that's the weight of the whole extract w/ impurities.

This looks very promising! Corky if this Tek is good you are the best 5-post greenlighter of all time.

Weight of the whole extract w/ impurities...dry weight, dry brown powder. It's water, then alcohol, then acetone extracted. It is very powerfull, DO NOT try over 10ml vaped first try...better try 5.

When I added pickling lime, my paste smelled like ammonia for about three days, not on the skinned over surface, but underneeth, you want to be patient to let the reaction complete.

This tek is not mine, but the vanished Anadenanthera's...all credit goes to him(?).

One last tip..I've always found A.P. seeds to be more potent than A.C. seeds, thou many report the opposite.

Last edited:
I loaded a good amount of the yopo-extract (about 20 ml?) into "the machine" and walked into the woods with it. I sat and composed myself for a few minutes and took two good hits. I was amazed at how well "the machine" worked, very cool and smooth! This was my first time using it.

I felt the muscle tension that's always the first effect, then the cev space got orange and pixilated. Things gathered speed quickly and I was soon witnessing a spinning flat surface about 8 feet in front of my face, spinning very very fast. Images appeared and dissappeared very very quickly between the spinning field and my face. Carnival, Vegas, funhouse images dominated, along with the open-palmed icon of a black hand...as if to say "halt' or "how" or who knows?

The intense=vivid visions lasted about 10 minutes, and then were replaced by more static colorfull fluffy visuals that extended back into the cev field a good distance.

The experience was very OH WOW and fun, but seemed to lack any deep significance, besides speed and go go go fun fun fun....more profane then sacred. However...

The afterglow was very nice, with a good mood and reverance for nature, I enjoyed the rest of the walk looking at the beautifull changing colors of the trees, and wispy, cottton candy clouds stretched across the sky. All in all a good experience.

My yopo extract experiences have varied, constants are depth of visual field, and often, but not always, a sense of great acceleration.

Last edited: