View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy bk-MDMA (Methylone) Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, they don't. It's legal so long as it's off the radar. For all intents and purposes, it's as illegal as anything else.

Illegal for human consumption as it'd be a Schedule I analog of MDMA. However, if it's sold for any other reason than human consumption it's not a controlled substance so I would consider it legal.

Really really fun, methylone. My favourite drug. Once upon a time.

I used it so extensively that I have really fallen out of love with it.
Just turns me into a fiending miserable needy shadow of a man.

Treacherous.

i'm likely going to try some methylone soon. can anyone recommend taking it at a electronic music festival (i thought about 200mg) or is it too "chill" for dancing and better enjoyed at home?

I'd say MDMA is better suited for a night at home and methylone is more for a party. I find it totally recreational and quite stimulating, moreso than MDMA and actually that's why I don't like it as much. Also doesn't have the same magic/love factor, which is why I like dosing MDMA at home. But yeah methylone is good if you desire pure recreation.

I ended up using M1 all the time for great nights out . . . though it's best suited for indoors bonding with a chosen one

Hey there Ximot - nice to see you around.

Been a while :)

Ok, they actually sent me 300mg as a suprise haha! Should I take 200mg still? Or all 300mg? I haven't seen any reports of a single dose above ~230mg.

Now, I'm not saying this is affirmatively safe to do your first time since everyone's response and sensitivity is different - but know that in The Netherlands this stuff has been sold as Exp(l)osion for some time and apparently the vials contained a solution of about 275 mg.

It hasn't been banned and I never heard of any incident but it's not being sold anymore. Apparently the distributor who drove around the country quit or something, I heard from people I know who sell smartdrugs in so-called smartshops.

But if you ask me this kind of dosage is not too high or anything, it will get you rolling nice and good (although some people obviously like it much more than others).

I thought the original explosion had methylone but then it was banned so any explosion around now doesn't contain methylone.

Well here's a translation of the dutch wiki page:

Methylone is an analogue of MDMA (ecstasy). It is also known as the explosion, bk-MDMA, or MDMC. The chemical name is 3,4-methyleendioxymethcathinon.

Methylone is a stimulant. It creates feelings of euphoria and energy comparable to that of MDMA (ecstasy). Chemically seen, it seems too much like.

In 2004 it was sold in smart shops in the Netherlands under the name explosion. The current legal status of methylone is unclear. It is used in most smart shops no longer sold but is not prohibited.

You see it's a strange thing that it has more or less disappeared from the shops. 4-FMP is now sold in some places but to be honest I haven't a clue how many smartshops sell which research chemicals and the prevalence.

I remember that the Dutch government has reacted in some way after explosion was sold. But I could not be more precise :/

I thought methylone was banned in the netherlands after some radio moderator going on air completely high on "explosion". maybe it was not banned via drug laws, but only via medication laws or something (similar to "spice" here in austria, for example)?

I thought methylone was banned in the netherlands after some radio moderator going on air completely high on "explosion". maybe it was not banned via drug laws, but only via medication laws or something (similar to "spice" here in austria, for example)?

Yes the radio host is Giel Beelen. And you're also right about the regulation, here is a google translation of some government article:

Under occasional reports users, the acute effects and risks of methylon similar to that of MDMA. The Inspectorate for the Health is
regulator concluded that Explosion a non-registered medicine because of the pharmaceutical form in which the Sold and psychoactive effect. At
Under the Law on Medicines Supply is prohibited non-registered medicines to prepare or sell. This violation is criminalized in the Act Economic
Crimes. Violation can be punished with up to six years imprisonment. The Inspection for Health Care in cooperation with other detection services research
into the sale and distribution of Explosion.

bitches (I actually dislike Giel Beelen in part due to this action regardless of inevitability)

Last edited:

"The sale of synthetic drugs not explicitly approved as food, supplements or medicines is illegal in The Netherlands. It is dealt with by the relatively benign machinery of the Warenautoriteit (Commodities Authority) rather than in criminal law, as would be the case with controlled substances. "

The smart shops were told via letter to stop selling methylone or they would be prosecuted eventually. Every shop voluntarily pulled the products from the shelf.

not really sure where to post this either methylone or mephedrone thread.... but does anyone have any info about a combination of the two? would it replace mdma at a rave, iv only tried methylone n it was fun but too short acting.... would smaller doses of the two ~ 100mg of each bombed replicate mdma?
thanx ppl!

^ Naw, It's not going to replicate MDMA, IMO nothing can.

I find methylone quite stimulating with a bit of empathy; good for a party, but lacks the special things MDMA can do.

Haven't done mephedrone myself but from what other people say it's more of a straight stimulant, albeit a euphoric one.

The combination you're speaking of would be good for a party; just don't expect it to replicate MDMA. If you want them to last as long as MDMA you're going to have to redose, don't think there's a way to get around that one. Redosing these things is going to have repercussions of course, ie more comedown/hangover.

Funny thing is, my wannabe-objective view tells me methylone doesn't replicate MDMA but when I'm on methylone I can't imagine MDMA being any better, plus I couldn't be bothered at such a time.
The stuff is lovely, and I don't care what it is not.

I concur that it's best suited for cozy indoor evenings to bond with a special someone - friend or object of desire...

I heard that mephedrone combined with methylone is particularly hard on the liver/kidneys. I've come to dislike and better yet distrust the sensation mephedrone gives me. But in any case be careful here... I've felt very messed up from mephedrone and I used a hell of a lot less than many people I read about.

[ADDENDUM: Earlier on I mentioned that the Dutch product Explosion used to or does contain around 275 mg of bk-MDMA but I wanna rectify that this is apparently 180 mg]

====================

So it seems that some people find methylone pretty stimulating compared to say MDMA while others report it's more mellow and focused on euphoria... from this it follows that some think it's better suited for empathic cozy nights at home while others feel it's definitely meant as a party drug.

Do you think that it has potential for both but set & setting make methylone express certain aspects that could otherwise have stayed latent? Or is it just a difference of personal (psycho)pharmacology?

Last edited:
Is Methylone soluable in water and at what concentrations? Has anyone tried rectally and at what doses?

The M1/B1 combo sounds very interesting to me since I have both on the way. I will have to try separately then combine.

Status
Not open for further replies.