Votes: 55 37.2%
  • No

Votes: 48 32.4%
  • Sometimes / Completely depends on whether it is salt or freebase

Votes: 8 5.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It was in freebase powder form :) haha mate that is my friend, I know him in person.. after he told me about his trip I felt the urge to try it ;) he gave me my FIRST amt dose (50mg) then 1 week later I did 200mg lol!!

α-Methyltryptamine (αMT, AMT, Indopan)

Sorry if I have posted this into the wrong thread, but this has been classed as both stimulant and psychedelic.

Just wondering if anyone has given this a shot as the only trusted information I have found is on wiki
which can get a bit misleading. I got 250mg of the stuff which was an odd red, almost like brick dust, andhave tried it 2 times. The first was after a MDMA sesh so I was already tired, and I had it with some
MXE. It was hard to define a difference, although I think my vision was almost hazy, giving things almost a metallic look to things. (I don't remember how much I took this time.

The second time I tried it I had a big fruit salad, wrapped up 30mg (internet says that should be enough
for it to stimulate and make me trip) and walked a few miles down the river side getting stoned. Again I got the odd hazy / metallic look to things but wasn't really tripping properly, and the stimulant side made me forget to breathe a lot which meant I had to sit down pretty often. This time I still felt a bit trippy the next morning for a few hours.

I intend to take it properly with my friend this week but any info you guys know is much appreciated

Psychedelic Drugs is the forum for this topic, I'll move it on over there for ya

(this may get merged into an AMT megathread)

OD --> PD

Theres loads of trip reports on here and erowid. Theres some old research documents available online if your looking for more advanced information. Its pretty widely used, so it suprises me that you couldn't find much info. 25 - 30mg definatley makes me trip, pretty strongly this one is very very unpredictable though you have to be pre-pared for hardly tripping at all or tripping like fuck. You could have a different batch or some shit though. Do you have HCL or freebase? Probably the freebase as I dont think theres much HCL.

50mg's is a moderate dose, if you cant feel anything from 50+. It is cut/bunk/something else. Goodluck, aMT is a very awesome substance I advise you read up the trip reports on erowid and shit before hand though, it can last a long time especially at higher doses.

I've done doses up to 250mg in one session, initial dose around 120mg then a couple of additions later. It was a waste of time dropping the redoses, adding very little in the way of pleasurable effects or intensity. I try not to go over 100mg these days. It's often described as a pretty benign psychedelic but it can have a surprisingly dark aspect to it and can be brutally confusing for a while as you hit peak before settling down, IME that is. There is a fine line for me between blissed out euphoria and full-on psychosis at high doses, and I've crossed that line a couple of times with doses around 120-150mg.

Cheers for feedback will try looking a bit harder for some reports to get my head around things.

It's freebase I have as long as I haven't been lied to so might try snorting 20mg and smoking 20mg on top, any tips on taking it for maximum effect or is it more personal preference

Are you referring to the HCl or the Freebase? With the HCl it's much more common to see doses over 100mg as it is quite a bit less potent. With the freebase even 50mg is quite a strong trip - I feel like anything over 75mg or so would be too uncomfortable physically for a lot of people, and the visuals would get rather distracting as my experience with 50mg was extremely visual.

For people who aren't overwhelmed by bodyload on the come up etc with aMT I could see the 75-125mg dose range being interesting if they're looking for more of the traditional tryptamine mindfuck and profundity rather than the more easy-going experience that aMT usually is. Anything more than that seems like it would be excess and unnecessary. I can't speak for dangers, but I imagine at higher dose ranges like that the serotonin release would be significant enough that you should at least apply a similar "one month" (or longer) break between trips in order to avoid serotonin downregulation, as with MDxx and x-APB. :)

A little search revealed this trip report, where someone took 200mg - he seemed to have quite a bad experience at that dose as his left him rather worse for wear several days after. Sounds like he might have had an episode of depersonalisation/derealisation, or it could be a similar hangover to MDxx, but hard to tell.

Man, aMT was had pretty much negligible visuals at 40mg freebase for me, it was like 6apb basically. I can't imagine taking it high enough to produce good visuals as the nausea must be awful.

I'm not sure if aMT is directly a covalently-bonding MAO inhibitor like the harmalas (it might very well be), but it is - like other tryptamines - a competitive inhibitor of MAO. This is because MAO breaks down tryptamines in the body, so anything that keeps MAO occupied in this way can be classified as a competitive inhibitor. This would include all tryptamines.

How are you going to tell the effects of MDAI when you are rolling on aMT? aMT is such a potent serotonin releaser (or at least it feels like it is) that you are hardly going to notice any MDAI thrown in to the mix.

I'm not sure this reasoning makes sense. It might make sense to assume that if you combine, say 50mg of 2ce with 8mg of 2ci, that the 2ci might be difficult to feel because the high dose of 2ce might displace the 2ci at the receptors - but MDAI isn't an agonist, it's a releaser, and the way I understand it a lower dose of MDAI should still potentiate the aMT since they're both releasing serotonin. I'm no chemist though, so this might not make sense, but taking entactogen stimulants together has always been a synergistic experience for me.

250 is a crazy dose, 200mg for me was pretty fucking intense everything was made out of claydo, then it turned into melting clay etc.. fun experience though not to much paranoia. BTW where are you from? because you have a Persian name "Sepher" :)

ahhh cant compare aMT with 6apb visuals. 6pb has barely any visuals, i mean towards the end it dose and its (acidish) more than aMT.

I'm U.K. Pars, Scots / English descent. Definitely no Persian in my background recently. ;) My username probably made more sense when I had the Tree of Life as an avatar. It's just from an interest in Kabbalah, shortened from Sepher Sephiroth. Sepher is very old Persian I think. Persian before it was adopted by the Hebrews?

Anyone else noticed that amphetamine potetiates amt-trip? more visual kind..

Lod, not used amphetamine with aMT but 6-APB certainly pushes the aMT, stimulation wise and visually I think. It's difficult to say how much because the aMT is always gonna be the main driver of that little combo, the 6-APB being really very subtle in comparison but yeah, I agree that stimulants add to the aMT push. I would imagine amphetamine pushes a lot harder.

Not surprising really. Amphetamine and aMT are both strong releasers of Serotonin, Dopamine and Noradrenaline, aMT also being a Serotonin receptor agonist in its own right, so effects are bound to be additive. Possibly too additive at high doses. If comboing probably a good idea to take [much] lower doses of each than you'd ordinarily take individually, see where that gets you. You can always do more next time if its not quite there. Treat with caution.

Last edited:
Is there much experience combining aMT with conventional psychedelics?

Is there much experience combining aMT with conventional psychedelics?

I really liked mixing aMT with mushrooms, I've done it a couple of times. I like to take the mushrooms well after the aMT is established, and it gives the mushrooms a nice positive boost. They seem to synergize, as I recall being quite inebriated by the combo. It's pretty intense, but good.

I remember someone saying somehwere a while back that LSD and aMT were awesome together because they have similar chronologys, and it's kind of like a super-candy flip. I bet LSD and aMT is pretty balls to the wall.

Anyone else noticed that amphetamine potetiates amt-trip? more visual kind..

I'm not sure why you would want to do this. Unless you are already taking adderal as a daily 'medication'. aMT is already plenty stimulating on it's own, combining it with amphetamine just seems like overkill to me. But do what you like, there doesn't seem to be anything stopping people doing ridiculous combos all the time.

I'm not sure why you would want to do this. Unless you are already taking adderal as a daily 'medication'. aMT is already plenty stimulating on it's own, combining it with amphetamine just seems like overkill to me. But do what you like, there doesn't seem to be anything stopping people doing ridiculous combos all the time.

Amt can make me quite drowsy sometimes. I fell asleep on it recently.

I've got experience with AMT & LSD.

Like with MDMA, I find it best to do the AMT at the 4 hour point. Produces a candyflip-esque experience with lots of visuals.

I've also done them both at the same time before and me and a friend were tripping for a good 20+ hours, eventually managing to sleep 28 hours later.

It was absolutely relentless and the visuals were pretty good. A lot more messy this way though.

I'm not sure why you would want to do this . . . aMT is already plenty stimulating on it's own, combining it with amphetamine just seems like overkill to me.

Would disagree to some extent. I understand that aMT is amphetamine's tryptamine cousin but I don't find it enormously stimulating. At low doses it has a harsh, dirty stimulation feel to it sure but I find if I take enough ( >50mg ) to get passed that into true psychedelic territory it has little in the way of obvious, pushy stimulation, being really quite chilled out and serene. I can well understand why someone would want to take something with a bit more push alongside it, especially if they were going clubbing on it, being mainly after decent danceability with a trippier feel and better visuals.

There's nothing ridiculous about it and I'm quite certain it can be safely done, as far as taking stimulants / psyches can ever be truly safe goes that is. I've tended to take aMT with 6-APB for most of my most recent trips because the 6-APB I find massively smoothes off aMT's harsher edges and adds just that bit more to the visual intensity. I'm careful with dose after pushing it too far once so I agree absolutely comboing can be inherently riskier but treated with appropriate caution results can be far in excess of that produced by either drug on its own.

To me aMT is not very stimulating so adding amphetamine(racemic mixture, not adderall) is very nice and besides the visuals it brings more energy and fun. I don`t know how safe this combination is, but keeping doses moderate i think it is. No negative effects appeared. Also MPA is good in this combination.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.