Votes: 55 37.2%
  • No

Votes: 48 32.4%
  • Sometimes / Completely depends on whether it is salt or freebase

Votes: 8 5.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I stored aMT freebase in capsules way back when and they retained potency for over a year (at which point they were all consumed). They melted down from light yellow powder to dark yellow resin-ish stuff at the end of the period, but were still active. I think I used veggi caps. They were definitely bad for it since other freebase kept in bags or vials have lasted years without turning into that dark stuff, but not so bad that it was anywhere near inactive at over a year. It's also possible gelatin caps could be worse than veggi -- no experience with that. If you want to store pre-made doses swing by a rock collector shop and pick up a few hundred little zipper lock bags for like $2.

Also, you just left a pile of pungent chemical powder out in the "open air" for a month (admittedly it would make an interesting conversation piece), or how did you find that out?

Yeah, I just checked the aMT storage thread and this seems to be the case. Many people are storing theirs in a baggie in a dark drawer with no noticeable drop in potency. It would probably be better for long term storage if it was converted to the HCL and put in a fridge/freezer.

I hope this is the case, since I've got mine stored in a baggie in a drawer with all my other chems. I have got a few doses of things stored in veggie caps (a few doses of MXE and one dose of 2C-C), but most of it is in the baggies. I know 2C-C should last a lifetime, but I'm not sure about the MXE. I rarely ever take it.

However, you did get me thinking, since I've been considering pre-measuring a batch of doses for my most favourite chems and storing them in veg caps - aMT included. It might be an idea to baggie up capsules of the same compound together. That might prevent the aMT turning to resin/goo. Even better with a little baggie of dessicant. It's sometimes just such a hassle to screw around setting up, calibrating a scale and cleaning all the utensils carefully, by the time I've finished weighing it's almost taken the joy out of wanting to trip! :D Especially if I know I might want to redose to bump the intensity up a bit further in to the trip. It's occasionally nice to just have some capsules laying around where you can say "ah, I feel like getting my rocks off with some aMT today, let's eat a capsule". I often prepare my doses a few days in advance like this. So this makes me think about storing an amount of aMT this way. Although I never do capsule a significant amount at any one time either, only enough to eat in a month or two.

Trying for the first time today AMT. Damn it has been so long to try this compound, been hearing about it since started in RC scene few years ago. :D

I didnt know very well what dose to start, heard very mixed reports from people that got barely something 60mg or even 100mg?? Well, 40mg down the throat.

Is redosing effect with this one? Whats the time limit to redose and add to the inicial dose?

I would say 40mg is the upper limit for a starting dose, unless you're down for a strong trip.

I would say don't redose, 12 hours is plenty long enough, you'll be happy to finish when you do.

I would say 40mg is the upper limit for a starting dose, unless you're down for a strong trip.

I would say don't redose, 12 hours is plenty long enough, you'll be happy to finish when you do.

Well yesterda had a light dose of truffles and 4-aco-mipt, barely had even visuals, was quiet mild, today wake normal, no signs of serotonin depletion, but obviously it depleted a bit serotonin so thats why Im thinking upping the dose a bit more.

I will wait another 45mn, and dose ~15mg, and some MXE. Btw until now no signs of nausea, good mood settles in. :)

Last edited:
It won't be serotonin depletion, just tolerance. I'm sure you know tryptamines build it very quickly - dosing two days in a row probably won't be effective.

It won't be serotonin depletion, just tolerance. I'm sure you know tryptamines build it very quickly - dosing two days in a row probably won't be effective.

Well with 4-aco-dmt / 4-ho-met 2 days in a row was no problem, a bit ess euphoria but full on psychedelia. I just dosed 20mg more, total 80mg. Its finally starting to feel psychedelic but blood pressure is raising too, although not uncomfortable. I also had 1h ago 20mg MXE that made me drownsy, weird.

Last edited:
im considering adding to the mix a BIT of 6APB... Yes / No ?

I think now would be a wise time to curb this before it becomes a binge. Enjoy it for what it is and wait until next week.

aMT and 6-APB are both SRAs, so there's interaction there. aMT is known to be a weak MAOI so there's risk there.

Call it a night and enjoy what you're experiencing.

I think now would be a wise time to curb this before it becomes a binge. Enjoy it for what it is and wait until next week.

aMT and 6-APB are both SRAs, so there's interaction there. aMT is known to be a weak MAOI so there's risk there.

Call it a night and enjoy what you're experiencing.

I had 20mg APB, this put a serious tone, like had some acid, and increased body temperature (predictable). Probably what i really wanted in first place a serious psychedelic. I will try more APB later on the tail end of this cocktail.

Thanks for your advice. I dont advise this mixes, always first know the chemicals alone always or do proper research.

Well, 40mg down the throat.

I will wait another 45mn, and dose ~15mg, and some MXE.

I just dosed 20mg more, total 80mg. I also had 1h ago 20mg MXE that made me drownsy, weird.

2CB + AMT + MXE and about 20mg K had around feeling quiet good %)

im considering adding to the mix a BIT of 6APB... Yes / No ?

Well this was really stupid, for a first time out. Not only are you completely unable to get a feel for what aMT is actually like as a psychedelic on its own (a truely wonderful one which needs no supplementation in my opinion), but you also put yourself at great risk by combining it with 3 other potent psychotropic compounds before you've even understood how aMT affects your personal physiology. And you redosed several times before you'd even given it a chance to manifest. :|

I'm not purposefully trying to be an asshole, but this kind of recklessness really annoys me.

Well this was really stupid, for a first time out. Not only are you completely unable to get a feel for what aMT is actually like as a psychedelic on its own (a truely wonderful one which needs no supplementation in my opinion), but you also put yourself at great risk by combining it with 3 other potent psychotropic compounds before you've even understood how aMT affects your personal physiology. And you redosed several times before you'd even given it a chance to manifest. :|

I'm not purposefully trying to be an asshole, but this kind of recklessness really annoys me.

No worries. I think your comment is quiet reasonable, and definitely the wisest...

Im a seasoned psychonaut, and tried many psychedelics, and did research other topics about interactions and read trip reports to drawn my own conclusions if it felt right or wrong. Definitely there's a risk, but im calculating what I do. Or try. I dont advise it at all. But to put into perspective besides the reasonable search I also have contigency plans (unfortunately no benzos, but other supplements that helped other difficult times), add quiet healthy physically (gym) and diet (vegetarian a couple times but only eat fish for 7y). I know this still doesnt prove anything at all, since new chems can lead to distrous coctails but I have been in multiple ridiculous combos before with higher dosages of other known (analogue) chemicals.

Also regarding the dangerous MAOI action of AMT is not even proven at all, if it exists its supposily weak.

Last edited:
The MAOI action of AMT makes me very curious about combining a high dose of it with oral DMT and see if it's active. That would probably be a very intense psychedelic trip.

Also, have their been many reports of people smoking DMT while on an MAOI? I feel like it's probably incredibly intense.

IMO the MAOI action is minimal, it didn't seem to potentiate MDAI at 30mg. By all means give it a go with other tryptamines, especially vaped, but I'd urge a lot of caution when mixing with stimulants.

Also regarding the dangerous MAOI action of AMT is not even proven at all, if it exists its supposily weak.

I'm not sure if aMT is directly a covalently-bonding MAO inhibitor like the harmalas (it might very well be), but it is - like other tryptamines - a competitive inhibitor of MAO. This is because MAO breaks down tryptamines in the body, so anything that keeps MAO occupied in this way can be classified as a competitive inhibitor. This would include all tryptamines.

IMO the MAOI action is minimal, it didn't seem to potentiate MDAI at 30mg. By all means give it a go with other tryptamines, especially vaped, but I'd urge a lot of caution when mixing with stimulants.

How are you going to tell the effects of MDAI when you are rolling on aMT? aMT is such a potent serotonin releaser (or at least it feels like it is) that you are hardly going to notice any MDAI thrown in to the mix.

It was quite possible to tell, the MDAI made the experience much more psychedelic, bringing on OEVs and a bit more intensity, not typical SRA effects.

Any one else here on blue light has tried 200mg of aMT?

The doses here seem to be very low, people considering 100mg to be a large dose? I dont understand, it can be very strong but not overwhelming. My friend is the only person I know whos tried a dose as high as 200mg and his trip report is on here to. Just wondering if anyone else has? what there exp was with it? :)

Imho if you are using 200mg of aMT, you should be using a different substance. After around 80mg's it seems to get more intense but not in any kind of pleasent way and is just more bodyload / negative side effects.
Tbh I much prefer a 25 - 50mg aMT trip to anything higher, it is much more enjoyable, can be just as strong as a higher dose and keeps the bodyload at the minimum. I have learnt a lot from dosing aMT like this on apreciating the strength of psychedelics.

If you enjoy it though, I dont see it being too unsafe although on erowid I read of someone having a 'overdose' back in the 60's on 150mg's or something. I think you could get just as much out of 25mg as you could 200mg with this substance.

I would worry about how safe that is as well, though at the same time I wonder how much evidence there is to indicate unsafety.

Are you referring to the HCl or the Freebase? With the HCl it's much more common to see doses over 100mg as it is quite a bit less potent. With the freebase even 50mg is quite a strong trip - I feel like anything over 75mg or so would be too uncomfortable physically for a lot of people, and the visuals would get rather distracting as my experience with 50mg was extremely visual.

For people who aren't overwhelmed by bodyload on the come up etc with aMT I could see the 75-125mg dose range being interesting if they're looking for more of the traditional tryptamine mindfuck and profundity rather than the more easy-going experience that aMT usually is. Anything more than that seems like it would be excess and unnecessary. I can't speak for dangers, but I imagine at higher dose ranges like that the serotonin release would be significant enough that you should at least apply a similar "one month" (or longer) break between trips in order to avoid serotonin downregulation, as with MDxx and x-APB. :)

A little search revealed this trip report, where someone took 200mg - he seemed to have quite a bad experience at that dose as his left him rather worse for wear several days after. Sounds like he might have had an episode of depersonalisation/derealisation, or it could be a similar hangover to MDxx, but hard to tell.

Status
Not open for further replies.