View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy AL-LAD Thread - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
^ SSRI aren't active at 5HT receptors, but the SERT. the elevated levels of serotonin cause the downregulation

(afaik, correct me if I'm wrong)

Not for sure, but I know that David Nichols and Andrew Hoffman published documents relating to AL-LAD in 1985.

I tried about 250 µg today. One full blotter and 2/3 of another. It was still too much. I felt pretty crappy really. Visuals were what you would expect but I just had a quite uncomfortable feeling the whole time. Stomach was not feeling great at all. I wouldn't even go over 150 with it. Can't say it was better than LSD either. I felt considerably worse physically. I don't even want to take it again actually. Glad I only bought 5. Stuff is rough.

I've noticed that every PD you try you report back as saying it caused you discomfort, GI unpleasantness etc. jason7. Maybe it's you, not the drugs?

I've noticed that every PD you try you report back as saying it caused you discomfort, GI unpleasantness etc. jason7. Maybe it's you, not the drugs?

Yeah I know, they do all tend to be very general 5-HT agonists and cause unpleasantness along with the visuals. LSD is the least bad that way. I only tried AL-LAD a couple times before, 150 and 300 mics. The 300 was unpleasant that time but the 150 was okay. I wanted to try a dose between those two and thought 250 would be good to try. Still too much. The bodyload was excessive. I actually had worse bodyload from 250 mics AL-LAD than 750 of LSD.

Last edited:
Too bad there's not some way you could target these drugs just to your brain, and skip the gut neurons. I generally don't mind the queasy sensations from psychedelics, but I can imagine if they were stronger that it would be bothersome.

"Gut neurons" is a great expression. Ever read about the 'brain-gut axis?"

Too bad there's not some way you could target these drugs just to your brain, and skip the gut neurons. I generally don't mind the queasy sensations from psychedelics, but I can imagine if they were stronger that it would be bothersome.

That's the whole objective, to get the good effects without the bad ones. Maybe it's not even possible. LSD produces less nausea but still produces tremors and general agitation. It's probably not possible to cut all those side effects out because you also get them with NBOMes, which are more selective for 5-HT2a. I'll probaby just have to give up on psychedelics. The visuals I get really aren't even worth the side effects because I don't get complex visuals like I did when I first started using LSD and mushrooms. Maybe the brain changes with age and you just can't get the same kind of effects anymore, or maybe just my particular brain. I just get beat down with physical effects and get little reward for it.

I would not say that AL-LAD is an improvement over LSD though. Similar visuals with very noticeably more bodyload, at least in my case. Therefore, it is simply not worth the higher price. It actually made me feel a lot worse than LSZ did but at least it had better visuals, though as I said, still not complex ones, just more noticeable. With LSZ I just get light nausea but with AL-LAD I get an all over icky body feeling like I've been poisoned. Actually, it was pretty much the same feeling I got from PEAs like the 2Cxs and NBOMes. I know this seems opposite to what others report but that's how it went for me. I'll try just one hit later sometime. Maybe that would be tolerable.

Last edited:
LSD is one of the most broad serotonin receptor agonists known so I don't think it's anything to do with selectivity. As you point out, you get these effects from the ultraselective NBOMes too.

I see AL-LAD as LSD with more bodyload. It's only advantage is legality. If someone said here's a hit of acid and a hit of AL-LAD, which do you want? I'd have to say acid.

between a sheet of lsd and a sheet of al-lad I would take the former, but a single hit, hmmm, it's that close. except al lad is 30% weaker

I've never experienced much stomach issues from al-lad, even at high doses.

Hey guys got some al lad blotters from a reputable if not original source. I tried 1 1/2 blotters dosed at 150 ug got a decent trip from it nothing of what I was expecting though. I ate a hit of lsz a week before and almost felt that better the lsz was very tactile very rolly feeling. The al lad was humorous for sure but absolutely nowhere near the single time I have found real LSD 2 hits of that blew my mind. This was when Pickard was free. So it has been a while needless to say. Could the hit of lsz the week before have deminished any results? I know not to touch the blotters when dosing, I drank no tap water or any thing but, I dunno was expecting much harder visual's at that dose. I also took a hit of lsz 3 to four hours after taking the al lad.. Also I don't have access to a vacuum sealer so I have the rest in the fridge tripple sealed with dry packs coverd in foil., would that be sufficient for short term storage? They have been untouched in the fridge for 2 weeks now and ill use them next weekend. Thank you for any feedback. Peace

Last edited:
2 Al-Lad blotters blew my mind. Holy shit this stuff is amazing.
The music, body high, OEV's CEV's and just feeling so much love.

2 al-lad blotters was fun but underwhelming for me. Taking LSZ a week before definitely reduced the al-lad effects.

who has noticed how good the afterglow is 18 to 30 hours later.
all psychedelics, yes but I think Al-Lad especially

Status
Not open for further replies.