• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines The Big & Dandy 5-MeO-MiPT Thread - Part 2

Time for a necro bump!
I've managed to acquire around 80 mg of this substance as 10 8mg capsules.
I did some allergy testing last Friday with around 2mg from one of the capsules and definitely felt a very mild effect from it: unusual thought patterns, relaxation, and a pleasant warmth in my limbs.
I'm going to take the remaining ~6mg today and see how it goes. I assume at this dosage it should be a mild, enjoyable ride without too many visuals?

Capsules! Fantastic! After some more tries and getting comfortable you can empty it into a vape and try it that way. It's like the pyro of hippy flipping when done that way to put it loosely :D It's not just more intense but qualitatively different.

My first time was 9mg oral and it was a helluh intense stimmy tactile body euphoria with very mild warping/twisting type visuals and a mild shroom headspace.

Capsules! Fantastic! After some more tries and getting comfortable you can empty it into a vape and try it that way. It's like the pyro of hippy flipping when done that way to put it loosely :D It's not just more intense but qualitatively different.

My first time was 9mg oral and it was a helluh intense stimmy tactile body euphoria with very mild warping/twisting type visuals and a mild shroom headspace.
Hmm, vaping? The powder seems really sticky, I don't think it will be that easy to get it out.. Also doesn't vaping require more powder? I think I'll get a bigger batch if I really like this stuff and then I'll be able to experiment like I did with 2C-B. For now, it's 6, then 8, then maybe 16 mg oral. Maybe mix it with something later? The reports are lacking though, I only found one report on LSD+5-meo-mipt and it was the "fubar" kind of report - not too informative!

Hmm, vaping? The powder seems really sticky, I don't think it will be that easy to get it out.. Also doesn't vaping require more powder? I think I'll get a bigger batch if I really like this stuff and then I'll be able to experiment like I did with 2C-B. For now, it's 6, then 8, then maybe 16 mg oral. Maybe mix it with something later? The reports are lacking though, I only found one report on LSD+5-meo-mipt and it was the "fubar" kind of report - not too informative!
I’ve taken 5-MeO-MiPT (Moxy) probably 40-60 times. Personally, I prefer it to its counterpart, ”Foxy Methoxy” – 5-MeO-DiPT, although they’re in the same realm. I find the diisopropyltryptamine to be more aggressive physically, and it causes nausea sometimes in the beginning of the trip. I rarely experience nausea on 5-MeO-MiPT until the dose is relatively quite high.

I’ve discovered this drug has a steep incline into potency. E.g.: 5 - 10 mg is mostly in the body. It’s almost a little twitchy, but having company—particularly a sexual partner—helps as massages and such feel amazing. People look sleek & sexy, and I really need something to channel my physical energy into, even if it’s nothing sexual necessarily.

Then 10 - 15 mg = akin to a candyflip – it has components of both rolling & tripping involved. For some, this will be their upper limit, and mg-per-kg bodyweight makes a noticeable difference. Smaller people can be blownTF away at these levels.

However, at 15 - 20 mg, things get heavy. Here, ~half like it and don’t mind repeating the experience. The other half get turned off to it. The body buzz starts getting pronounced, and it’s worth noting: vaporizing 5-MeO-MiPT is accomplishable and shorter-acting w/less tendency to nauseate. In a sense, it’s kind of an easier RoA in which to dip one’s proverbial toe, so to speak, regarding this drug. Making e-juice w/a nice flavored PG/VG works well provided one gets the drug into solution and doesn’t overdo the heat. Otherwise, the main thing to keep in mind is to avoid scorching the drug with radiant heat from a glowing flame. It’s probably wisest to get some sodium carbonate and add a drop or two of (preferably distilled) H₂O like in an old oil burner you don’t care about (b/c it’s gonna fuck up your piece, but so what? they’re cheap or you’re over-paying). And then when you add heat, the sodium carbonate goes into solution with the water and Moxy and freebases the Moxy molecules, thus lowering their boiling point and allowing for an easier and safer vaporization.

Anything dose over that point is challenging, especially if you were planning on having sex. Heavy body load, visuals start coming in waves with lots of patterns and—typically for yrs trly here anyway—waves of nausea that has made me vomit before, and I do not vomit easily whatsoever, sometimes to a fault.

According to psychonautwiki.org, “smoked [sic – (should be “vaporized” or “vaped”, but I’m nitpicking)]” but anyway…

Smoked doses are as follows:
  • Threshold: 5mg
  • Light: 5-10 mg
  • Common: 10 - 15 mg
  • Strong: 15 - 20 mg
  • Heavy: 20 mg +
Smoked duration:
  • Total: 5 - 8 hrs
  • Onset: 20 - 60 min
  • Peak: 1 - 2 hrs
  • Offset: 1 - 2 hrs
  • After effects: 1 - 3 hrs

Oral doses are as follows:
  • Threshold: 3mg
  • Light: 3-7 mg
  • Common: 7 - 15 mg
  • Strong: 15 - 20 mg
  • Heavy: 20 mg +
Duration:
  • Total: 5 - 8 hrs
  • Onset: 20 - 40 min
  • Come up: 30 - 60 min
  • Peak: 2 - 3 hrs
  • Offset: 2 - 3 hrs
  • After effects: 2 - 4 hrs
So you see, you aren’t really talking about a major difference in amounts taken. Enjoy and be safe.

Last edited:
Time for a necro bump!
I've managed to acquire around 80 mg of this substance as 10 8mg capsules.
I did some allergy testing last Friday with around 2mg from one of the capsules and definitely felt a very mild effect from it: unusual thought patterns, relaxation, and a pleasant warmth in my limbs.
I'm going to take the remaining ~6mg today and see how it goes. I assume at this dosage it should be a mild, enjoyable ride without too many visuals?
If you had activity at 2mg, then 6mg (you may want to measure it to be sure) should be a great level. It's my all time favourite recreational psychedelic.

I find the visuals at high doses to bright and sort of electric. And I don't get rolly physical feelings at high doses I do get an energetic vibrational hum I feel throughout my body and If I'm not doing something physical like walking/yoga/calesthenics or watching a movie it can easily turn to anxiety. Movement can feel powerful and profound.

When I vaped 25mg, I tripped for many hours. That first 20 or so minutes of RUSHH!. And very strong tripping for an hour after that. Than after that the strength of the trip was still very much there and noticeable.

Well. so far so good!
I would call this experience a lazy, horny MDMA without the obnoxious stuff like bruxism and overheating.
Some things I noted:
The onset was actually really enjoyable. It reminded me of MDMA. No anxiety, no stomach discomfort. Felt a bit tense in my limbs, but that happens on all psychedelics for me.
The "RUSHHH" is definitely there. The peak was overwhelming and I really had to lay down for an hour and just feel the waves of pleasure coursing through the body. Now I am interested in vaping this one. Heh.
The stimulation was minimal. Today's physical activities certainly helped achieving the blissful relaxed state on this drug.
Regarding the erotic part: definite yes, needs a "partner in crime", 100%. Hugging was fantastic, fugging was kinda weird and also short ..:sadcat:

The weak parts:
Music enhancement not super-strong, 2c-b is definitely a better option for this.
The visuals were minimal, as expected. Some mild morphing and flowing on textures. Need to go higher (as always for me, sigh) to really see anything, it seems.

I don't think I'll want to combine it with anything for now. Feels perfectly self-sufficient at the current dosage.(although I remember thinking the same about the good ole acid, and what now?)
16 mg? On one hand, I'm curious - this could certainly be taken higher. On the other hand, no need to rush things. It's a new one.

Ah, just one more thing. The munchies. The MUNCHIES!
I wasn't ready. The emergency m&m's? They never stood a chance. Got a nice sugar high from that too, lol.
Don't think I ever wanted to eat on a psychedelic before.

Last edited:
@ItsAFunThing I remember being surprised by wanting to eat on it too. And also can relate to it being not super music enhancing. I find the same with 5-MeO-DMT, I wonder if this is a property of the 5-MeO's in general, or maybe it was just our own finding patterns in a couple of idiosyncratic trips. I know people were using 5-MeO-MiPT as a rave drug from some time, so non-music enhancing doesn't really add up. OTOH, maybe that's why it didn't super catch on. I wonder what others think about this?

I never shagged on it, the couple of times I took it my wife did not and she didn't really seem in the mood and I didn't want to be that weird edgy tweaked up partner pushing for sex.

@unodelacosa that was a really good review thanks for sharing your substantial experience.

so this doesnt seem to behave like classic typtamines like lsd, psilocybin?

ive heard from day one researching 5-meo-mipt that at not too high doses and probally lower to moderate it feels like an entacogen?

@ItsAFunThing 5-MeO-MiPT as a rave drug from some time, so non-music enhancing doesn't really add up
May have been due to its legality back in the days or the fact that it feels like MDMA a bit? I really dunno, all my usual trip music was hella weird and at one point it just turned into a "background noise" without any defined characteristics. Don't think it would be enjoyable at a rave. Too flooring for that.
so this doesnt seem to behave like classic typtamines like lsd, psilocybin?

ive heard from day one researching 5-meo-mipt that at not too high doses and probally lower to moderate it feels like an entacogen?
Yeah, read @unodelacosa s review higher on the page, seems on point to me. I was also wondering how it would compare to shrooms, being a trypt and all, and the answer is - it is not like shrooms at all. At least at 6-8 mg I took (tried to measure a full capsule and the one I was taking but my scale showed the same weight for both so w/e)

Yeah may need to buy a more precise accurate scale for 5 meo as if scale is somehow off 10 mgs , or even 5 , could put you somewhere you would rather not have went. Better factor in the dose increase , decrease, if scale seems to not be super precise.

This is a long shot, but...

Does anyone have a clue as for likely dosages in 5-MeO-MiPT pills pressed circa 2015, or perhaps earlier? They are likely from European markets. They are two kinds, both white and scored on one side. One of them has a little telephone logo.

Maybe someone here stumbled upon the same pills back then. I traded them for some other stuff as a "might be nice to have" kind of thing and then just put them away. If i was ever told a dosage number, i forgot it.

If i could avoid having to titrate up with these few pills, that'd be awesome.

Last edited:
Does anyone else get qualitatively different effects from vaping vs oral and also the elimination of the 2 phases from oral?
Vaping this stuff is a completely different experience....much MUCH more visual and short lived....I like it orally but prefer vaping this one!
I made some blotters to try it sublingually but it tastes exactly like crushed up tylenol so very hard to not gag on the bitterness under the tounge.

Vaping this stuff is a completely different experience....much MUCH more visual and short lived....I like it orally but prefer vaping this one!
I made some blotters to try it sublingually but it tastes exactly like crushed up tylenol so very hard to not gag on the bitterness under the tounge.
I tried snorting it and the come up was only just as strong as oral just 10-20min sooner and the drip was so god awful even at these tiny doses I was like never again!

Just a note here on vaping: dumping the entire dose of freebase on your coils and vaping it one shot produces a different experience than oral.

On the other hand, diluting your dose with vape liquid and nebulizing it, titrating up to your desired level - that felt like oral minus the waiting for onset.

it feels like an entacogen?
Entacogen (noun): A substance that generates tacos. From the latin gen for “generate” + taco for “taco”.

the drip was so god awful even at these tiny doses I was like never again!
Yeah fuck that. I generally won't insufflate anything unless it's cocaine or a dissociative … so pretty much I only snort anesthetics.

vaping it […] produces a different experience than oral.
I tend to agree and I think, overall, I prefer to vaporize it.

It's interesting, too, that while the onset is rapid, it is not as near-instantaneous as, say, vaporized DMT. There's still a ~3-5-minutes-long come-up, but it's a lot smoother.

I vaped some 5meo-met once which i believed to be met. The Trip was nice but with the 5meos ill Stick to oral or rectal administration.