• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines The Big & Dandy 5-MeO-MiPT Thread - Part 2

Okay, after vaping 3-fea and NEP I can say that moxy takes a lighter touch in the bulb than those two.

I can also say don't take this b/c you want a stim but don't have one, take it b/c this is the chem you want. Otherwise... it's just kind of disappointing and a waste IMO. Just vaped 16-17mg earlier tonight and all I feel is meh about it tbh because I really want a F sub amp or 3mmc haha. I couldn't appreciate it for what it is tonight.

And I did it no phenibut or beer... very jittery and nervous, in addition to my poor mindset that made it extra hard to appreciate what this beautiful molecule has to offer.

edit:
started drinking and took some p-but and joined a nice stream/chat along w/ 2-4mg vape bumps night appreciated and saved! Hurrahhh!!!

Last edited:
tried a higher dose of this today, the peak was really strong but again as with all tryptamines after it subsided one could enjoy this substance.

Hi, i have some moxy freebase.
What are the dosage for smoking the freebase?
Is it more effective eating it? If so, should i convert it, and how?

Moxy is quite potent as oral. 8 mgs is orally really strong. So I would cut that in half for smoking route. Wait at least 30min-1h if you plan to redose.

In any case orally works wonders I would recommend you that ROA. Smoking is technically tricky but if you go for it, just report your results

Yeah I was gonna say, it seems to be commonly reported as a good bit less potent smoked. Weirdly.

Oral 5-methoxytryptamines metabolize significantly into 5-hydroxytryptamines while smoked 5-methoxytryptamines do not. This is true even for 5-MeO-DMT and bufotenine, but bufotenine itself has a hard time getting through the blood-brain barrier, so taking oral 5-MeO-DMT still doesn't produce many bufotenine effects. The synthetic analogues I believe should have an easier time getting in. Having used 5-MeO-MiPT, 5-MeO-EiPT, and 5-MeO-DiPT both orally and smoked, there's definitely a significant difference, which especially involves the oral route being more wide-rangingly hallucinogenic but also body-heavy, similarly to bufotenine (and I would also say that even superficially, the hallucinations are similar). I haven't used 5-MeO-DMT yet but smoking them reminds me more so of what I've heard about it, being much less overtly hallucinogenic but having very strong hallucinations in the more limited way they do have them, and being more deeply mental and rushy, but also pretty clean unless fought. So far I tend to use similar dosages both orally and smoked, so logically, I would have to use more smoked than oral if getting more of the oral-like wider-ranging hallucinogenic effects was my goal, but I'm not certain that's the best way to think of it, personally.

My stash of it from cdn vendor is nutos potent.
Take a 1-2mg hit in a bubble and i feel a rush, almost a ringer.

I never tried a full hit of 8mg, but that’d knock me flat down on my back for 30 minutes prolly!

My stash of it from cdn vendor is nutos potent.
Take a 1-2mg hit in a bubble and i feel a rush, almost a ringer.

I never tried a full hit of 8mg, but that’d knock me flat down on my back for 30 minutes prolly!

That's really interesting. I guess you're talking about the CDN freebase? I have some and will verify soon enough. :)

I've also read (ex psychonautwiki) that the vaporized onset is still > 20 minutes. Are you suggesting otherwise?

I've also read (ex psychonautwiki) that the vaporized onset is still > 20 minutes. Are you suggesting otherwise?

That's not consistent with my experience at all; all of the synthetic 5-methoxytryptamines I've smoked start kicking in almost immediately similarly to smoking base tryptamines. Their character does change over time though, at first feeling rushy and flooring again similarly to smoking something like DMT, and also sometimes having some of their strongest visuals with eyes closed during this period too, but after around half an hour I do find them to become more allowing and similar to something like LSD.

Oral 5-methoxytryptamines metabolize significantly into 5-hydroxytryptamines while smoked 5-methoxytryptamines do not. This is true even for 5-MeO-DMT and bufotenine, but bufotenine itself has a hard time getting through the blood-brain barrier, so taking oral 5-MeO-DMT still doesn't produce many bufotenine effects. The synthetic analogues I believe should have an easier time getting in. Having used 5-MeO-MiPT, 5-MeO-EiPT, and 5-MeO-DiPT both orally and smoked, there's definitely a significant difference, which especially involves the oral route being more wide-rangingly hallucinogenic but also body-heavy, similarly to bufotenine (and I would also say that even superficially, the hallucinations are similar). I haven't used 5-MeO-DMT yet but smoking them reminds me more so of what I've heard about it, being much less overtly hallucinogenic but having very strong hallucinations in the more limited way they do have them, and being more deeply mental and rushy, but also pretty clean unless fought. So far I tend to use similar dosages both orally and smoked, so logically, I would have to use more smoked than oral if getting more of the oral-like wider-ranging hallucinogenic effects was my goal, but I'm not certain that's the best way to think of it, personally.

Interesting, I didn't know that. :)

That's interesting! I'm skeptical of much of what I read about regarding the metabolism of substituted tryptamines, especially regarding them being pro drugs. That said, if what you're saying is correct, it makes me even more interested in other 5-HO tryptamine subs!

I've always been dubious of all of the reports that say that 5-MeO-MiPT requires double the oral dosage when smoked. I had just kind of suspected that it was poor vaporization technique of fumarate salts that were responsible, so now I'm even more curious.

And now you've reminded me that I wanted to try vaping 4-MeO-MiPT to see if it's any different via that ROA. :)

There's a lot going on with 5-methoxytryptamines, but metabolism to the corresponding 5-hydroxytryptamine is something that remains consistent among them.

Study of the in vitro and in vivo metabolism of the tryptamine 5-MeO-MiPT using human liver microsomes and real case samples
The synthetic tryptamine 5-methoxy-N-methyl-N-isopropyltryptamine (5-MeO-MiPT) has recently been abused as a hallucinogenic drug in Germany and Switzerland. This study presents a case of 5-MeO-MiPT intoxication and the structural elucidation of metabolites in pooled human liver microsomes (pHLM), blood, and urine. Microsomal incubation experiments were performed using pHLM to detect and identify in vitro metabolites. In August 2016, the police encountered a naked man, agitated and with aggressive behavior on the street. Blood and urine samples were taken at the hospital and his premises were searched. The obtained blood and urine samples were analyzed for in vivo metabolites of 5-MeO-MiPT using liquid chromatography-high resolution tandem mass spectrometry (LC-HRMS/MS). The confiscated pills and powder samples were qualitatively analyzed using Fourier transform infrared (FTIR), gas chromatography-mass spectrometry (GC-MS), LC-HRMS/MS, and nuclear magnetic resonance (NMR). 5-MeO-MiPT was identified in 2 of the seized powder samples. General unknown screening detected cocaine, cocaethylene, methylphenidate, ritalinic acid, and 5-MeO-MiPT in urine. Seven different in vitro phase I metabolites of 5-MeO-MiPT were identified. In the forensic case samples, 4 phase I metabolites could be identified in blood and 7 in urine. The 5 most abundant metabolites were formed by demethylation and hydroxylation of the parent compound. 5-MeO-MiPT concentrations in the blood and urine sample were found to be 160 ng/mL and 3380 ng/mL, respectively. Based on the results of this study we recommend metabolites 5-methoxy-N-isopropyltryptamine (5-MeO-NiPT), 5-hydroxy-N-methyl-N-isopropyltryptamine (5-OH-MiPT), 5-methoxy-N-methyl-N-isopropyltryptamine-N-oxide (5-MeO-MiPT-N-oxide), and hydroxy-5-methoxy-N-methyl-N-isopropyltryptamine (OH-5-MeO-MiPT) as biomarkers for the development of new methods for the detection of 5-MeO-MiPT consumption, as they have been present in both blood and urine samples.

Metabolism of the psychotomimetic tryptamine derivative 5-methoxy-N,N-diisopropyltryptamine in humans: identification and quantification of its urinary metabolites
The urinary metabolites of 5-methoxy-N,N-diisopropyltryptamine (5-MeO-DIPT) in humans have been investigated by analyzing urine specimens from its users. For the unequivocal identification and accurate quantification of its major metabolites, careful analyses were conducted by gas chromatography/mass spectrometry, liquid chromatography/mass spectrometry, and liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry, using authentic standards of each metabolite synthesized. Three major metabolic pathways were revealed as follows: 1) side chain degradation by O-demethylation to form 5-hydroxy-N,N-diisopropyltryptamine (5-OH-DIPT), which would be partly conjugated to its sulfate and glucuronide; 2) direct hydroxylation on position 6 of the aromatic ring of 5-MeO-DIPT, and/or methylation of the hydroxyl group on position 5 after hydroxylation on position 6 of the aromatic ring of 5-OH-DIPT, to produce 6-hydroxy-5-methoxy-N,N-diisopropyltryptamine (6-OH-5-MeO-DIPT), followed by conjugation to its sulfate and glucuronide; and 3) side chain degradation by N-deisopropylation, to the corresponding secondary amine 5-methoxy-N-isopropyltryptamine (5-MeO-NIPT). Of these metabolites, which retain structural characteristics of the parent drug, 5-OH-DIPT and 6-OH-5-MeO-DIPT were found to be more abundant than 5-MeO-NIPT. Although the parent drug 5-MeO-DIPT was detectable even 35 h after dosing, no trace of its N-oxide was detected in any of the specimens examined.
Oxidative metabolism of 5-methoxy-N,N-diisopropyltryptamine (Foxy) by human liver microsomes and recombinant cytochrome P450 enzymes
In vitro quantitative studies of the oxidative metabolism of (5-methoxy-N,N-diisopropyltryptamine, 5-MeO-DIPT, Foxy) were performed using human liver microsomal fractions and recombinant CYP enzymes and synthetic 5-MeO-DIPT metabolites. 5-MeO-DIPT was mainly oxidized to O-demethylated (5-OH-DIPT) and N-deisopropylated (5-MeO-IPT) metabolites in pooled human liver microsomes. In kinetic studies, 5-MeO-DIPT O-demethylation showed monophasic kinetics, whereas its N-deisopropylation showed triphasic kinetics. Among six recombinant CYP enzymes (CYP1A2, CYP2C8, CYP2C9, CYP2C19, CYP2D6 and CYP3A4) expressed in yeast or insect cells, only CYP2D6 exhibited 5-MeO-DIPT O-demethylase activity, while CYP1A2, CYP2C8, CYP2C9, CYP2C19 and CYP3A4 showed 5-MeO-DIPT N-deisopropylase activities. The apparent Km value of CYP2D6 was close to that for 5-MeO-DIPT O-demethylation, and the Km values of other CYP enzymes were similar to those of the low-Km (CYP2C19), intermediate-Km (CYP1A2, CYP2C8 and CYP3A4) and high-Km phases (CYP2C9), respectively, for N-deisopropylation in human liver microsomes. In inhibition studies, quinidine (1 microM), an inhibitor of CYP2D6, almost completely inhibited human liver microsomal 5-MeO-DIPT O-demethylation at a substrate concentration of 10 microM. Furafylline, a CYP1A2 inhibitor, quercetin, a CYP2C8 inhibitor, sulfaphenazole, a CYP2C9 inhibitor and ketoconazole, a CYP3A4 inihibitor (5 microM each) suppressed about 60%, 45%, 15% and 40%, respectively, of 5-MeO-DIPT N-deisopropylation at 50 microM substrate. In contrast, omeprazole (10 microM), a CYP2C19 inhibitor, suppressed only 10% of N-deisopropylation by human liver microsomes, whereas at the same concentration the inhibitor suppressed the reaction by recombinant CYP2C19 almost completely. These results indicate that CYP2D6 is the major 5-MeO-DIPT O-demethylase, and CYP1A2, CYP2C8 and CYP3A4 are the major 5-MeO-DIPT N-deisopropylase enzymes in the human liver.

Metabolism of the new psychoactive substances N,N-diallyltryptamine (DALT) and 5-methoxy-DALT and their detectability in urine by GC-MS, LC-MSn, and LC-HR-MS-MS
N,N-Diallyltryptamine (DALT) and 5-methoxy-DALT (5-MeO-DALT) are synthetic tryptamine derivatives commonly referred to as so-called new psychoactive substances (NPS). They have psychoactive effects that may be similar to those of other tryptamine derivatives. The objectives of this work were to study the metabolic fate and detectability, in urine, of DALT and 5-MeO-DALT. For metabolism studies, rat urine obtained after high-dose administration was prepared by precipitation and analyzed by liquid chromatography-high-resolution mass spectrometry (LC-HR-MS-MS). On the basis of the metabolites identified, several aromatic and aliphatic hydroxylations, N-dealkylation, N-oxidation, and combinations thereof are proposed as the main metabolic pathways for both compounds. O-Demethylation of 5-MeO-DALT was also observed, in addition to extensive glucuronidation or sulfation of both compounds after phase I transformation. The cytochrome P450 (CYP) isoenzymes predominantly involved in DALT metabolism were CYP2C19, CYP2D6, and CYP3A4; those mainly involved in 5-MeO-DALT metabolism were CYP1A2, CYP2C19, CYP2D6, and CYP3A4. For detectability studies, rat urine was screened by GC-MS, LC-MS(n), and LC-HR-MS-MS after administration of low doses. LC-MS(n) and LC-HR-MS-MS were deemed suitable for monitoring consumption of both compounds. The most abundant targets were a ring hydroxy metabolite of DALT, the N,O-bis-dealkyl metabolite of 5-MeO-DALT, and their glucuronides. GC-MS enabled screening of DALT by use of its main metabolites only.

Metabolism of the tryptamine-derived new psychoactive substances 5-MeO-2-Me-DALT, 5-MeO-2-Me-ALCHT, and 5-MeO-2-Me-DIPT and their detectability in urine studied by GC-MS, LC-MS n , and LC-HR-MS/MS
Many N,N-dialkylated tryptamines show psychoactive properties and were encountered as new psychoactive substances. The aims of the presented work were to study the phase I and II metabolism and the detectability in standard urine screening approaches (SUSA) of 5-methoxy-2-methyl-N,N-diallyltryptamine (5-MeO-2-Me-DALT), 5-methoxy-2-methyl-N-allyl-N-cyclohexyltryptamine (5-MeO-2-Me-ALCHT), and 5-methoxy-2-methyl-N,N-diisopropyltryptamine (5-MeO-2-Me-DIPT) using gas chromatography-mass spectrometry (GC-MS), liquid chromatography coupled with multistage accurate mass spectrometry (LC-MSn ), and liquid chromatography-high-resolution tandem mass spectrometry (LC-HR-MS/MS). For metabolism studies, urine was collected over a 24 h period after administration of the compounds to male Wistar rats at 20 mg/kg body weight (BW). Phase I and II metabolites were identified after urine precipitation with acetonitrile by LC-HR-MS/MS. 5-MeO-2-Me-DALT (24 phase I and 12 phase II metabolites), 5-MeO-2-Me-ALCHT (24 phase I and 14 phase II metabolites), and 5-MeO-2-Me-DIPT (20 phase I and 11 phase II metabolites) were mainly metabolized by O-demethylation, hydroxylation, N-dealkylation, and combinations of them as well as by glucuronidation and sulfation of phase I metabolites. Incubations with mixtures of pooled human liver microsomes and cytosols (pHLM and pHLC) confirmed that the main metabolic reactions in humans and rats might be identical. Furthermore, initial CYP activity screenings revealed that CYP1A2, CYP2C19, CYP2D6, and CYP3A4 were involved in hydroxylation, CYP2C19 and CYP2D6 in O-demethylation, and CYP2C19, CYP2D6, and CYP3A4 in N-dealkylation. For SUSAs, GC-MS, LC-MSn , and LC-HR-MS/MS were applied to rat urine samples after 1 or 0.1 mg/kg BW doses, respectively. In contrast to the GC-MS SUSA, both LC-MS SUSAs were able to detect an intake of 5-MeO-2-Me-ALCHT and 5-MeO-2-Me-DIPT via their metabolites following 1 mg/kg BW administrations and 5-MeO-2-Me-DALT following 0.1 mg/kg BW dosage.

Psychedelic 5-Methoxy-N,N-dimethyltryptamine: Metabolism, Pharmacokinetics, Drug Interactions, and Pharmacological Actions
5-Methoxy-N,N-dimethyltryptamine (5-MeO-DMT) belongs to a group of naturally-occurring psychoactive indolealkylamine drugs. It acts as a nonselective serotonin (5-HT) agonist and causes many physiological and behavioral changes. 5-MeO-DMT is O-demethylated by polymorphic cytochrome P450 2D6 (CYP2D6) to an active metabolite, bufotenine, while it is mainly inactivated through the deamination pathway mediated by monoamine oxidase A (MAO-A). 5-MeO-DMT is often used with MAO-A inhibitors such as harmaline. Concurrent use of harmaline reduces 5-MeO-DMT deamination metabolism and leads to a prolonged and increased exposure to the parent drug 5-MeO-DMT, as well as the active metabolite bufotenine. Harmaline, 5-MeO-DMT and bufotenine act agonistically on serotonergic systems and may result in hyperserotonergic effects or serotonin toxicity. Interestingly, CYP2D6 also has important contribution to harmaline metabolism, and CYP2D6 genetic polymorphism may cause considerable variability in the metabolism, pharmacokinetics and dynamics of harmaline and its interaction with 5-MeO-DMT. Therefore, this review summarizes recent findings on biotransformation, pharmacokinetics, and pharmacological actions of 5-MeO-DMT. In addition, the pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic drug-drug interactions between harmaline and 5-MeO-DMT, potential involvement of CYP2D6 pharmacogenetics, and risks of 5-MeO-DMT intoxication are discussed.

As you can see CYP2D6 plays a notable role in this metabolic change, which is unsurprising as it's a good O-demethylater. It's also the kind of change that will happen extensively from first-pass metabolism, thus contributing to the much greater metabolism of 5-methoxytryptamines in this way when taken orally as compared to smoking them.

As you can see on pubchem, bufotenine has a XLogP3 of 1.2, which I've been led to believe will contribute to low blood-brain barrier penetrability (which it is definitely known to have regardless). You can compare to the value for serotonin, which also doesn't pass through the blood-brain barrier well, presumably even worse than bufotenine, which is 0.2. By contrast, that of DMT is 2.5, that of psilocin is 2.1, and that of LSD is 3.0. In my observations, extending the bulk of the synthetic tryptamine tail also seems to push the XLogP3 in the same direction; for instance, that of DiPT is 4.1, and that of 4-HO-DiPT is 3.6. Believe it or not, pubchem also has a page characterizing 5-HO-DiPT, and its XLogP3 is a respectable 2.8.

I'd be very interested to try some synthetic 5-hydroxytryptamines too, especially smoking. Since theoretically in this way smoking is the only way we can't use them at all yet, and sending it straight to the lungs and from there to the brain theoretically might decrease some of the physical side effects they produce when taken orally too, either directly or by prodrug.

And now you've reminded me that I wanted to try vaping 4-MeO-MiPT to see if it's any different via that ROA. :)

I'd certainly be interested in knowing the results of this.

I'm heading off to work now and don't have time to check, but I'll try to remember to revisit this later. Iirc, didn't the second paper mention the percentage of metabolite being produced as like <5%? If my memory isn't failing me, then that would mean that only 5% of a standard oral 5-MeO-MiPT dose would be converted to a secondary psychoactive metabolite over the course of the period of time studied. I can't imagine 5% of even 10mg orally over lets say 12hours contributing much to the psychoactive effect. I'll have to come back later and plug in the real numbers, but if that's the case I doubt that explains the phenomena we're seeing here.

I don't have access to the paper in the second link so I can't answer that but if you do I'd be happy to see it.

There is a unique phenomenon at play here however, which is that the metabolism seemingly involves CYP2D6. This enzyme is known to vary in activity widely from one person to the next, to the point of being dangerously hyperfunctional in some people and completely nonfunctional in others, and everything in between. This is the enzyme that causes the occasional baby death from a normal dosage of codeine metabolizing into an overdosage of morphine because it's metabolizing so efficiently. Based on this, I would actually go as far as to confidently state that this 5-MeO to 5-HO metabolism most likely occurs extremely extensively in some people, and not at all in others, and again, everything in between. What else sets 5-methoxytryptamines apart? Their variability; not everyone agrees on the nature of the trip, even whether or not it has visuals, which for me it does, a lot of them especially when taken orally, and that's a huge part of the superficial comparison to bufotenine, but if it didn't, it would come off a lot more like smoking them does for me, theoretically like 5-MeO-DMT.

Another logical counter I'll put out to that is that the 5-HO have very high 5-HT2A receptor affinity, from what I've seen higher than the 5-MeO versions. It might be significant that only a small amount of them forms when taken orally if the 5-MeO was inactive, but that's not the case. If 10 mg of 4-HO-MET is equally active to 10 mg of 4-HO-MiPT, would taking 5 mg of each together not produce an equally active trip that's half the qualities of each? Such is the fate of oral 5-methoxytryptamines with every molecule that converts into a 5-hydroxytryptamine, except possibly with a boost from the latter group being more potent. Even 5% of the 5-HO can color the way the 5-MeO trip would come off if both add up to the same level of activity. That's my thought on it, anyway.

Anyone know how fast the freebase degrades at room temperature?

About 4 years ago (I think), I acquired some 5-meo-mipt freebase. At the time I put the bulk of it in the freezer with the rest of my collection, but I kept a small sample out at room temperature in an air-tight container. (My thought at the time: "oh yea, I'll surely make time to try this in the next few weeks!" Four years later...).

I tried vaporizing 4mg this weekend and got little more than threshold effects. I know freebase is much less stable than hcl/fumarate... I suppose it's likely that it was highly degraded by now?

I've always been dubious of all of the reports that say that 5-MeO-MiPT requires double the oral dosage when smoked. I had just kind of suspected that it was poor vaporization technique of fumarate salts that were responsible, so now I'm even more curious.
That seems like the best explanation w.r.t. the difference in potency.

I guess we'd need to know what percent 5-MeO-MiPT goes to 5-HO-MiPT on the first-pass (which could wildly vary, as Kaleida said), but either way the 5-HO-MiPT is going to have poorer absorption than 5-MeO-MiPT and you would need an uptick in efficacy to offset this.

As you can see on pubchem, bufotenine has a XLogP3 of 1.2, which I've been led to believe will contribute to low blood-brain barrier penetrability (which it is definitely known to have regardless). You can compare to the value for serotonin, which also doesn't pass through the blood-brain barrier well, presumably even worse than bufotenine, which is 0.2. By contrast, that of DMT is 2.5, that of psilocin is 2.1, and that of LSD is 3.0. In my observations, extending the bulk of the synthetic tryptamine tail also seems to push the XLogP3 in the same direction; for instance, that of DiPT is 4.1, and that of 4-HO-DiPT is 3.6. Believe it or not, pubchem also has a page characterizing 5-HO-DiPT, and its XLogP3 is a respectable 2.8.
It's worth pointing out that logP applies to unionized molecules by definition, and for molecules which are ionized at physiological pH (e.g. amines in general), logD is a much better proxy for absorption as it incorporates this ionization information (0 < logD < 3 being the criterion for passive brain uptake).

In addition, logP measures the distribution between water and octanol, so it will overestimate the bioavailability of the 4/5-hydroxy-tryptamines relative to the conjugate methoxy (due to H-bonding between the hydroxyl of the tryptamine and that of the octanol). And since logD is derived from logP, it will also overestimate in this regard.

On ChemSpider the predicted logD's of 5-MeO-DiPT and 5-HO-DiPT are 0.84 and 0.46 respectively, so I imagine a similar difference between that of 5-MeO/HO-MiPT (and slightly lower absolute values, due to the shorter N-alkyl chain). For 5-MeO-DiPT this gives ΔlogD=0.38 relative to 5-HO-DiPT, although the bioavailability difference should be slightly greater than would be expected from this alone (due to overestimated bioavailability of the hydroxyl-sub).

I guess this does neglect the possibility of active transport or inhibition of efflux transport, both of which would increase brain uptake. It was recently shown that psilocin is not a substrate for OCT's, so active transport seems unlikely. Interestingly, ketamine is a substrate for OCT's (which are also expressed in nasal epithelium) and imo this explains it's higher nasal bioavailability compared to rectal, which otherwise seems quite paradoxical if you only look at its pKa and pH of the respective tissues.

Even 5% of the 5-HO can color the way the 5-MeO trip would come off if both add up to the same level of activity.
The problem is that the functional assays I've seen don't suggest such a dramatic departure in activity of the 5-HO relative to the 5-MeO. For example, Blough et al. found calcium release EC50 of 3.49nM and 3.87nM for bufotenine and 5-MeO-DMT, respectively. Perhaps if the functional selectivity of the 5-HO differs from the 5-MeO you wouldn't need much to color the trip, but unfortunately the above study didn't measure arrestin recruitment for bufotenine so it's difficult to speculate in that regard.

It would really help towards resolving this question if we had some higher-level efficacy measures (i.e. layer V electrophysiology) of these compounds, but I'm not sure even bufotenine and 5-MeO-DMT have been studied in that regard.

That's not consistent with my experience at all; all of the synthetic 5-methoxytryptamines I've smoked start kicking in almost immediately similarly to smoking base tryptamines. Their character does change over time though, at first feeling rushy and flooring again similarly to smoking something like DMT, and also sometimes having some of their strongest visuals with eyes closed during this period too, but after around half an hour I do find them to become more allowing and similar to something like LSD.
The qualitative difference with different ROAs is super fascinating, although I think a lot of it can be explained w/ kinetics. Even if two different ROAs reach the same peak brain concentration, the one which reaches it faster will outrun desensitization/downregulation to some extent and this would lead to stronger peak activation of intracellular pathways. In cases like this where the pathways affect gene expression, these kinetic differences could then crystallize into structural/functional differences which would then feedback on the subjective nature of the trip.

It seems that if the 5-HO was that much more potent the experience with smoking it would slightly intensify as it progressed (as more and more of the 5-MeO was converted to the 5-HO), but I guess that may be difficult for you to compare given the changing qualitative nature of the trip. It also seems like the duration of smoking it would be slightly lengthened as well (assuming the metabolism is rate-limited by liver enzymes), which I guess could help explain the allegedly reduced potency of smoked vs oral (again assuming the 5-HO is more potent).

How this compares to 2C-B on sexual stimulation at moderate dosing? Like 5mg 5-meo-mipt vs 15mg 2c-b

Last edited:
5 mgs is difficult to weigh out unless a high end scale is had. Can be guessed on the scale, but not totally accurate

This is strong stuff and a high end scale is required for exact mg dosing otherwise it's not recommended