• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines The Big & Dandy 5-MeO-MiPT Thread - Part 2

Although a bit offtopic now:
Really like the paper. Also very interesting, when we assume that 5HT2A is THE receptor for visuals, then it gets quite clear, that the 5-HO's are very visual. Bufotenine is almost double the potency of DMT (3.5 vs 6 nM).
That could explain the reports where people claim bufotenine was more visual than DMT for them.

And 5-HO-DiPT is still a bit stronger than DMT.
That could clearly explain Xorkoth's report about one of his friends.

Last edited:
@Kaleida:

That is really very interesting. Amazing how different 8mg can be. For me 8mg oral is absolutely nothing in the visual department. I start to get very very faint visuals (just on the level to start to get aware of minor visual perception changes) at dosages of 16-20mg.

Lol, seems like 5-MeO-MiPT is an excellent test to see what kind of CYP2D6 metabolizer you are...
Seems like I'm a poor one, as also even on high Codeine dosages, I hardly feel anything...

But OTOH makes one also rethink about experience reports of other 5-MeO substances as I would suggest this difference occurs to all of them. So these reports are possibly highly dependent on personal CYP2D6 metabolism.
Reports of poor metabolizers show the effects of the 5-MeO itself, whereas strong metabolizers probably rather experience the 5-HO.

That paper is really interesting BTW. Thanks!
I'm really wondering now about 5-methyl-trypts. Has anyone else ever heard of any research on them?

And I now ordered some A. colubrina to do some extraction. Rekindled my interest in 5-HO-DMT. Want to test it myself now.
As I read with Xylene rexing it is quite easy to get crystalline bufotenine.
But apart from purity, the different experiences regarding side effects could also stem from differences in metabolism.

Yep, that sounds about like the level of difference I've come to expect from 5-MeO-MiPT. :) For some people it's the most visual drug in the world, for others it's not visual at all... and everything in between. It certainly does seem like an excellent way to test your enzyme reactivity for those willing to take the plunge with it, if that is indeed the explanation. And yeah, I definitely think it applies to all the 5-MeO tryptamines in general, or at least I would expect it to.... I can definitely say that 5-MeO-EiPT was a lot more visual for me than I expected it to be based on the reports, and in a way that was pretty similar (though still starkly different as things are) to 5-MeO-EiPT as well. The only other one I've tried so far is 5-MeO-DALT and I haven't really gotten an active dosage of yet, but I do look forward to seeing whether or not this trend will continue with it for me....

And no problem on the paper. :) I would definitely like to know more about 5-methyltryptamines myself, but I'm not aware of any more research on them personally....

Awesome about the 5-HO-DMT and good luck with it. :D It's a hell of an experience, one way or another.... Despite the body load the hallucinations were indeed quite powerful and impressive for me, a little on the low intensity side for the dose I got but definitely pushing into that DMT and beyond sort of range, though still not as much as 5-MeO-MiPT was for me, but at the same time it was more 3D and realistic for me in some ways just like how DMT is to MiPT and mushrooms is to 4-HO-MiPT. Anyway, you should definitely let us know how it went once you've done it! :)

You may have a good point. I remember my first research chemical experience, I was in college and some guy across the street was selling 20mg doses of "foxy" (which was a crazy high single dose, also I knew nothing about 5-MeO-DiPT at the time nor did he say it was called that, I found out later). I enjoyed it but didn't find it visual at all, I remember music sounded crazy, I felt good and me and my friends laughed like crazy. But one of my friends said it was the hardest she's ever tripped, every time she did it. She experienced visuals stronger than any she'd ever had from LSD and would be just totally off the planet level tripping, while the rest of us were nowhere near that level.

Yep, that's exactly the kind of result I would expect too. :)

Although a bit offtopic now:
Really like the paper. Also very interesting, when we assume that 5HT2A is THE receptor for visuals, then it gets quite clear, that the 5-HO's are very visual. Bufotenine is almost double the potency of DMT (3.5 vs 6 nM).
That could explain the reports where people claim bufotenine was more visual than DMT for them.

And 5-HO-DiPT is still a bit stronger than DMT.
That could clearly explain Xorkoth's report about one of his friends.

The paper is definitely interesting and has some cool suggestions that others don't, but it's important to remember as well that those numbers are specifically measures of receptor affinity, but not some sort of functional activity or anything we'd really know how to translate into a drug's subjective visual potency. Like, by that same measure if DMT is 6 nM then LSD is probably something like 0.006 nM, because it's just a measure of potency, not efficacy. However, the low potency of 5-HOs would still be quite important, as they would need to be very potent to produce relevant activity if they were simply acting as metabolites of the already lowly dosed 5-MeOs.

This material is weird...First experiment at 6 mg gives me some GI disconfort and some stimulation with no visuals...Second at 14 mg gives me some euphoria, headspace and the most beautiful visuals of my life !...last WE, after 2 weeks break from tryptamines I dosed 24 mg and had the worst come up of my life.. literally crushed and I had the feeling that I'm on the edge to black out, come up was over 70 min after dosing and only then I was able to "appreciate" the trip wich was way less visual from my dose of 14 mg but with more headspace...I never had the "two phases" of the trip that is said to occur with this material...And for me it has NOTHING to sahre with MDMA.

And for me it has NOTHING to sahre with MDMA.

I never understood how one could compare it to MDMA. Something totally different.

after 2 weeks break from tryptamines

I assume you also didn't take any other psychedelics?

Were the dietary circumstances always the same? e.g. always on a empty stomach?

Ever tried vaping the FB?

I never had the "two phases" of the trip that is said to occur with this material...

Interestingly orally I do have 2 phases. But vaped, the 2nd phase is strongly reduced.

I never understood how one could compare it to MDMA. Something totally different.I assume you also didn't take any other psychedelics?Were the dietary circumstances always the same? e.g. always on a empty stomach?Ever tried vaping the FB?Interestingly orally I do have 2 phases. But vaped, the 2nd phase is strongly reduced.
I took Acid a week before...and i always dose on an empty stomach.. like 6 hours after a light meal...for all my experiments the ROA was oral... (Off topic: don't know why paragraphes dosen't work for my posts.. Chrome / WIN10)

I'm actually astounded at those doses, Korrit. I've never taken more than 6-8mg and those comeups have been intense!

I'm actually astounded at those doses, Korrit. I've never taken more than 6-8mg and those comeups have been intense!
for me the come up on 6 and 14 mg was acceptable. Even if the come up for 14 was way more intense than 6 mg.. but 24 mg ... God ! ridiculously hard.. in the future i will reserve this material for a second dose.. after coming down from 4HO-Mipt for exemple in order to not live the come up...or as a potentiator for other drugs... And I will never dose more than 20 mg.. I purchased 5g of this material and I'm starting to ask myself if it was not a very stupid purchase :-/

Lol honestly, what are you people talking about, when you speak about come up?

For me there's nothing special on come up orally even on 30mg+ (just a very slow gradual increase in effect). Maybe again has to do with metabolism?

Is it visual for you?

Vaped FB, I would compare the come up to a stim: Very fast with strong body rush.

I read a lot of TR about 5Meo and to I must say I've never found a single report on high doses who dosen't speak about how come up on this is ugly... if this is not the case for you you are an exception and must be happy for that :)... maybe something to do with metabolism like you said, there is no way I will try 30+ doses for this material unless i have a huge tolerence.

What exactly is the usual problem with come up?
BTW. As said earlier 5-MeO-MiPT orally also needs a long time to come up for me, even on empty stomach.

I could never relate to the reports saying it starts pretty fast.

BTW. As said earlier 5-MeO-MiPT orally also needs a long time to come up for me, even on empty stomach.

For me it comes up almost instantly orally if I don't cap it. I'd say within 5-10 minutes I started to feel it. Lower doses caused the whacked out come-up for me that many people speak about and the first two hours of the experience always felt different than the latter half of the trip. I get the two-phase effect with it. In high doses it's very visual for me in the classic way. It's visual on the lower end too but it's basically just colors shifting, vision becoming more sharp, and maybe mild (very mild) tracer effects but usually had to re-dose for those. On 20+mg it felt more akin to a classic.

I did not like smoking/vaping it, felt like a stim with mild trippy effects. Tasted awful, stunk up my house, felt like a total waste of material. I would chase it attempting to get where oral doses would take me and never be able to reach the desired head space.

My metabolism runs very fast so maybe that's why it came on so quickly for me. I always feel LSD and MDMA sooner than people I've taken it with.

Some of the problems that I encountred while come up: feel very bad, nervous, impossible to stay still or to relax, sick, lot of anxiety, lot of confusion and general disconfort (note: didnt felt any nausea) all that in a very strong way + feel like I'm on the edge to lose consiousness (like falling asleep for just 1 or 2 seconds and then it scares the shit of me so I wake up!)....and for me too I can feel it just 10 min after dosing on an ampty stomach.

For me there's nothing special on come up orally even on 30mg+ (just a very slow gradual increase in effect). Maybe again has to do with metabolism?

Is it visual for you?

Vaped FB, I would compare the come up to a stim: Very fast with strong body rush.

I'm pretty sure it does have to do with metabolism. Pretty sure the 5-Meo-tryptamines metabolize into the 5-HO-tryptamine. I would imagine that difference sin the rate of this conversion or in the completeness of this conversion would contribute greatly to variance in effects.

Interesting. I gotta say I agree with everyone else, it comes on quite quickly orally, and the come-up can be rough. I'll feel very nervous, unpleasant, sort of overstimulated, I'll sweat uncomfortably, etc. Once it comes up all the way, about an hour or so in, the discomfort drops away. This is noteworthy because these days, I rarely experience any discomfort during psychedelic come-ups anymore, from most things.

Last edited:
took @ 2-3 mg last night; subtle, made me quite loquacious (although thats not difficult), good body feeling for about two hours, and then seemed to get a bit uncomfortable (also very subtle) until it wore off.

at maybe t+1hr after taking it (orally, btw), had to try to read some favored online erotic literature; orgasm was remarkable (i looked at my penis like "wtf?!")

after reading xorkoth's experiences with energy channeling and finally trying it out, i think i kinda understand; would like to try to practice more (i definitely need some opening up)

?????

i suddenly (literally as i was writing the sentence prior) realized something important: id been quite depressed the last week or so, and today i feel like a million bucks! i had PLENTY of energy at work (physical labor), was in a good mood most of the day, etc... not sure if it was the whopping 2ish mg of 5-meo-mipt, but somehow im out of my rut. and here i thought i was gonna have to buy some dissociatives to kick me out of depression...

There's very little information on the IV/IM RoA for this compound, so I decided to relay experiences of others: few people I know experimented with a small amount of 5-MeO-MiPT intravenously, no milligram scale was used but judging from the amount left, these were definitely sub 10mg doses, maybe in the 5mg range. That's just a rough guideline. Anyway, they all seemed to enjoy it tremendously, never heard such praise from moxy before in fact. There's very little information on this RoA for moxy, to anyone who has experience, we all would kindly appreciate if you could share, for the sake of HR and to know the possibilities of this compound. We have already established that it is a completely different beast when vaporized, no? At a small dose, there was a rush which "hit the face" in a pleasant manner, minor psychedelic qualities, stimulation, general feeling of well-being, nothing negative was mentioned surprisingly except slight nausea.

Would running 5-Meo-MIPT at the tailend of an ALD/1P have any effect or would the fast tolerance of the lysergamide mute it?

Would running 5-Meo-MIPT at the tailend of an ALD/1P have any effect or would the fast tolerance of the lysergamide mute it?

It does have an effect for me. I actually add some 5-MeO-MiPT at the tail end of lots of things...8)

It feels as if it may have a mild and short but immediate MAOI effect so adding it on top of stimulated condition is definitely not advisable!

Generally adding a little of moxy at the tail end of lysergamide trip increases "sparkliness" of the trip and adds initiativeness and some horniness IME.

It does have an effect for me. I actually add some 5-MeO-MiPT at the tail end of lots of things...8) It feels as if it may have a mild and short but immediate MAOI effect so adding it on top of stimulated condition is definitely not advisable! Generally adding a little of moxy at the tail end of lysergamide trip increases "sparkliness" of the trip and adds initiativeness and some horniness IME.
That's interesting ! I didn't know it was possible to have any effect from 5meo-mipt after tripping with Lysergamides...I've got tons of this and wasn't able to find a funny way to take it, I mainly hate it's come up so I reserved it as a redose after coming down of 4sub -Tryptamine, I find that if taken that way the come up is way better even if the effects are notably lighter... can you please give more details about doses that you use?

Last edited:
That's interesting ! I didn't know it was possible to have any effect from 5meo-mipt after tripping with Lysergamides...I've got tons of this and wasn't able to find a funny way to take it, I mainly hate it's come up so I reserved it as a redose after coming down of 4sub - Tryptamine, I find that if taken that way the come up is way better even if the effects are notably lighter... can you please give more details about doses that you use?

I also dislike the 5-MeO-MiPT come up, especially if fully dosed at around 4-5mg - kinda feels like I have poisoned myself with something...8( Although past come up it becomes better usually. Still, I prefer to dose my moxy low and enjoy the additive effects rather than taking it alone.

I like to use it in a combo with Kratom for some nice erotic enhancements 8)

I have used it quite a few times with just plain phenethylamine to try to measure moxy's ability to inhibit MAO - it definitely does so even at 2mg, so 600mg of PEA taken after 10-15 minutes of taking about 2mg of 5-MeO-MiPT will have a nice transitory high but for those trying it be careful (you can easily get hypertensive) as every person metabolizes drugs slightly different!
Never thought of it but I should also try 5-HTP combo with moxy to see how effective it is as MAO-A inhibitor, of course starting with very low dosages. Or maybe even with oral DMT?.. 8)

I only dose moxy volumetrically suspended in ethanolic solution with micron accuracy dropper so my doses are very precise.