• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines The Big & Dandy 5-MeO-MiPT Thread - Part 2

^ I watched The Matrix on a 14mg dose one time. After the movie ended, I closed my eyes and kept seeing visuals of moving through tunnels, like the underground sewers you see the ship fly through in the movie. Then the tunnels turned into giant open mouths with luscious lips, and the viewpoint moved back a bit and I'm looking at these gorgeous neon-colored sultry women's faces all looking at me seductively, puckering and licking their lips and making googoo-gaga faces at me. I thought to myself, "Those lips look tasty."

Yeah, so. Anyways. :D

Thanks mysticmusic!
When you took it sublingually was it in blotter or just in solution held in the mouth?
I weighed out 50mg of the hcl put in an 1cc insulin syringe, drew up to read 30 units of distilled water, let the powder dissolve, then placed 3 units of the solution on paper. After I air dried the paper, the discoloration where the solution was absorbed was clearly evident, albeit randomly shaped.

Has anyone else who is prescribed adderall taken 5-meo-mipt before and had really awful, even frightening, vasoconstriction? I say "prescribed" specifically, because it helps me maintain a baseline of comfort and wakefulness, rather than a buzz, though my dosage probably sounds really high to most people (80mg daily). I'm curious because I can't tell if my scale is to blame, or maybe the mild MAOI effects that are only recently being discussed. Since I was pretty scared by the severity of the vasoconstriction I last experienced, I have decided to stick to volumetric dosing only, but I'm still wondering if other people have combined this with adderall or similar stimulants before and how it affected them?

The wikipedia reference involving mention of possible MAOI effects seems unfounded. I couldn't find anything about MAOI activity in those articles (the more interesting of the two being this one), yes there is talk of monoamine reuptake inhibition but that is an effect on synaptic transporters, not MAO enzymes. "Recent" discussion I found in this thread was on page 7 or 8 after a quick check and that was not at all substantial talk either. :)

That being said, yeah a lot of the 5-MeO tryptamines can be very stimulating and potentially overstimulating, increasing dose seems to cause overstimulation more quickly than for amphetamine (/ adderall). Combining 5-MeO-tryptamines like this one with amphetamines is IMO likely to cause cumulative synergy that may lead to overstimulation, so it probably doesn't average out but adds up.
I think 5-MeO-MiPT does not cause significant dopamine reuptake inhibition but does cause reuptake inhibition of norepinephrin which in heightened doses or combinations may very well lead to vasoconstriction, general overstimulation / adrenaline-like side-effects. Let's just say I am not surprised at all if it was 80 mg of adderall.
(It also doesn't appear very simple to associate N-substitution (size) with 'side-effects' like monoamine reuptake varieties. Nor does absence of reuptake inhibition guarantee anything: 5-MeO-DALT doesn't seem to have any and it is still potentially overstimulating - it does seem to have a typical / peculiar side-effects profile involving effects on heart and blood vessels and body temperature, can't really explain it ad hoc actually)

What would be your problem with skipping adderall for a day, it's not like an anti-depressant or anything, are you dependent on it - do you take 80 mg every day and do you get withdrawals if you don't? The 5-MeO-MiPT ought to keep you awake and as for comfort: getting overstimulated probably doesn't offer any.
Not sure how stimulated you still are the next day after having taken adderall and if it is a realistic option to try and take days off to slowly titrate your way up with 5-MeO-MiPT but I would definitely be careful not to take another approach than easing it like that, I found 5-MeO-MiPT to produce a huge and kinda uncomfortable body buzz on its own... though I see it has nice potential.

Last edited:
I don't find this chemical to be anything especially groundbreaking, but it is nice and mellow for a tryptamine, even in high-ish doses. I see some interesting combinations listed in this thread which I wouldn't mind trying since 5-MeO-MIPT seems to mostly lack visuals unless you dose high in which case you have the body load to contend with.

I've been starting to use this substance as a base for my other materials, after appropriate aclimatization(sp??) With given substance. I find it allows for lower dosing with the primary material. The usual dose for the 5-meo-mipt is 9-12 mgs. I find it is quite easy to maneuver within the headspace.

It doesn't seem like many try this compound by vaporizing...but I find this method very nice. The material is nothing deep or even that great, but it is fully psychedelic and with minimal body load (when smoked at 10mg or so) for most of the people in my circle.

Now the good one was 5-MeO-MET...that was a nice compound. :)

Hey guys I have a question about this compound.

Do you guys feel this would be a good introduction to tryptamines for someone that's never taken a psychedelic? It'll be a group setting with 4 or 5 people all taking about 5-8mg of 5-meo-mipt. This one person has me stumped though as I'm new to this one myself and don't know exactly what to expect from it.

Should I dose them lower than the rest of us? I don't want to overwhelm them or scare them off psychedelics all together. Normally I would offer someone like this shrooms before moving them further down the rabbit hole but I am unable to source them right now.

I'd appreciate any advice you guys can give here.

Does anyone have binding affinity data for this compound?

Yes some, here:

(these are npKi values)

NSFW:

5-MeO-MIPT:
4.00 5ht1a
3.79 5ht7
3.74 5ht1d
3.32 5ht2b
2.98 5ht6
2.85 Alpha2A
2.61 5ht1b
2.44 5ht2a
2.29 Alpha2C
2.15 Imidazoline1
2.13 Sigma2
2.11 5ht5a
1.86 Alpha2B
1.75 5ht2c
1.70 D3
1.55 5ht1e
1.41 H1
1.29 D4
1.28 SERT
0.00: D2, Alpha1B, D5, D1, Beta2, NET, DAT, Sigma1, Beta1, DOR, KOR, MOR, M1, M2, M3, M4, M5, Alpha1A, H2, CB2, NMDA, Ca+Channel; ND: CB1

sourcery

But much better, check the raw Ki values HERE

Even awesomest: THIS LINK leads to an excel sheet with the raw Ki values of 35 (mostly psychedelic) drugs

Hey guys I have a question about this compound.

Do you guys feel this would be a good introduction to tryptamines for someone that's never taken a psychedelic? [...]

Meh, I think it is not all too confusing mentally and it can be pretty 'up' in terms of energy, euphoria, sexuality, etc. so I'd consider it a candidate. But I personally wouldn't use it as an introduction because introductions imply first impressions, I wouldn't want to give off the impression that all psychedelics or all tryptamines give this feeling. It can be too heavy for some and the pent up energy can translate to restlessness and body load. I think it is better to learn to let go and allow these feelings to flow through you, there are a number of very inviting 4-HO tryptamines that would be great for that IMO.

Last edited:
Agreed. There are worse ones to choose but in general, I'd pick a 4-OH-T or even a 2C-x type of material.

Meh, I think it is not all too confusing mentally and it can be pretty 'up' in terms of energy, euphoria, sexuality, etc. so I'd consider it a candidate. But I personally wouldn't use it as an introduction because introductions imply first impressions, I wouldn't want to give off the impression that all psychedelics or all tryptamines give this feeling. It can be too heavy for some and the pent up energy can translate to restlessness and body load. I think it is better to learn to let go and allow these feelings to flow through you, there are a number of very inviting 4-HO tryptamines that would be great for that IMO.

Can someone remind me, what is considered the cutoff point for a receptor binding affinity value that is signifigant? Like is 1.28 for SERT tangible? Also, do we know if 5-MeO-MiPT has any properties of reuptake inhibition, antagonism to certain receptors, or other non-agonist activity?

Cheers.

Yes some, here:

5-MeO-MIPT:
4.00 5ht1a
3.79 5ht7
3.74 5ht1d
3.32 5ht2b
2.98 5ht6
2.85 Alpha2A
2.61 5ht1b
2.44 5ht2a
2.29 Alpha2C
2.15 Imidazoline1
2.13 Sigma2
2.11 5ht5a
1.86 Alpha2B
1.75 5ht2c
1.70 D3
1.55 5ht1e
1.41 H1
1.29 D4
1.28 SERT
0.00: D2, Alpha1B, D5, D1, Beta2, NET, DAT, Sigma1, Beta1, DOR, KOR, MOR, M1, M2, M3, M4, M5, Alpha1A, H2, CB2, NMDA, Ca+Channel; ND: CB1

sourcery
*edited for formatting

Does anyone find this chemical to be horrifically stimulating?
Last time I did it I tripped fairly hard but had unbelievable restlessness in my legs and body.
Very very very uncomfortable to say the least

Not smoked, but a lot of these tryptamines (DiPT, MiPT) seem vastly different when smoked...from how they work orally.

Last time I did it I tripped fairly hard but had unbelievable restlessness in my legs and body.

I've never really noticed an uncomfortable body load with an initial dose, but like with a lot of psychedelics, redosing seems to lead to added stimulation without much else of value.

Yes definitely. Just mentioned it: potential restlessness when the energy gets pent up and is not spent via yogic practices like dancing, fucking, meditating, t'ai ch'i-ing, etc.

Can someone remind me, what is considered the cutoff point for a receptor binding affinity value that is signifigant?

Check this graph: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/2/20/LSDaffinities.GIF

Here the cutoff is about 8-10 nM, below that is significant and the lower the number the stronger the affinity. Whether something is tangible depends on the efficacy I think.
Like is 1.28 for SERT tangible?

I should have mentioned, the above are npKi values. They are normalized and meant to show relative affinities.

edit: I changed my post and provided links to the actual affinity values. Much better isn't it? You can skip what I wrote below about the npKi's.

NSFW:

Only here a higher number means stronger affinity so there is relatively not a lot for SERT. If the value here is zero that means the same as Ki > 10000 nM, i.e. it is negligible. with npKi the n is probably normalized, p means -log10 turning the function upside down and showing proportional orders of magnitude. In short: a close range of easy to compare numbers.

Hopefully the actual Ki values can be taken from the sources in the doc I linked to. If 5HTtoInfinity cannot find another source... sorry but I didn't really dig for them. (EDIT: I did now)

Also, do we know if 5-MeO-MiPT has any properties of reuptake inhibition, antagonism to certain receptors, or other non-agonist activity?

I think affinity for transporters like SERT and DAT imply reuptake inhibition since if a drug binds to the transporter that facilitates reuptake, the reuptake of the appropriate neurotransmitter (serotonin for SERT) cannot take place i.e. inhibition.

No idea about allosteric modulations or antagonism (doubt it has, I would expect much higher affinities since antagonism is a form of strong binding that does not result in activation of the receptor, and less likeness to other psychedelic compounds that afaik show only "positive" symptoms and not those expected for antagonism.

Last edited:
Yes some, here:
Even awesomest: THIS LINK leads to an excel sheet with the raw Ki values of 35 (mostly psychedelic) drugs[/B]

This IS awesome, thank you for posting it, great information. I was looking for something like this, but had no luck. Gonna totally geek out on it, I think I'll learn a lot. Maybe I'll convert them all to npKi values, much easier to fathom.

I recently tried a combo of 3mg 5-MeO-MiPT and 7mg 4-AcO-DiPT and had FANTASTIC results, especially for sex.