View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy 5-MeO-DMT Thread - First Launch

Status
Not open for further replies.
PhreeX says he inject 50 mg IV...now I've never done 5-meo-DMT, so I don't know this for sure, but isn't that WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY too much? Or is it possible that that was N-N, DMT? I've read reports of people insulfating 25 mg and being superbly rocketed millions of lightyears beyond hyperspace.

I am going to give this chemical a whirl soon...

a word of warning

5meoDMT can be a wonderful, profound experience. a few friends and i were exploring this fairly regurlarly this past year, probably a dozen times or so in 6 months in a ritual setting. each time produced a wonderful, enriching, life altering experience. and not life altering in any nominal manner, literally pulling being pulled up from the roots and reestablished within a new, seemingly healthier context. however, we were never very careful about measuring, always eyeballing, and by the time the pipe would come around to the last person there would be residue from the others. this is idiotic and should *never* be done. be rigorous about your dosages (no more than 8mg) and careful about your cleaning between people. on our last get together we pushed our threshold farther than was needed. 2 of us had the most profound experiences of our lives, i'll leave it at that. but what came with that was most certainly conditions of over dosing (probably somewhere between 30-40mg). extreme physical response (screaming, kicking, spinning, fishing out, etc) although the person, while they can't remember specifically what happened was surprised to find out there was any physical duress only recalling pleasure, if not a bit of chaotic pleasure. but where things have gotten really scary have been in the insuing weeks and months. 2 of us for the past 3 months have been going back into the 5meoDMT state outside of our will at different times. at first it was happening while being awake and trancing out on something, eating another substance, or simply talking about the event. now it mostly resigns itself to coming on as one comes out of sleep. this is terrifying. not cool at all let me tell you.
would i trade in my experience(s) to have this not happen? i don't know, i've certainly thought about it. i've gained so much positive from 5meoDMT and reallly considered it my ally for a while, but slipping into that state outside of your will, outside of any willful participation is about the most horrifying experience i have had.
it seems to be slowing in its frequency so i'm hoping at some point it just doesn't happen at all, but keep in mind in the past 3 months we're talking several dozens of times per person.
please be safe, be sensible, and if you feel you need to experiment with this compound go slowly and use a fucking scale.

much love...

Re: a word of warning

hanuman said:
however, we were never very careful about measuring, always eyeballing, and by the time the pipe would come around to the last person there would be residue from the others. this is idiotic and should *never* be done. be rigorous about your dosages (no more than 8mg) and careful about your cleaning between people.

This advice is key. 8 mg (in my experiences) is plenty for full effects. And the pipe needs to be cleaned before someone else uses it. If you have a good smoking technique, you will get all of it (I always do). But sometimes, several milligrams may remain in a DMT pipe after one has used it.

This residue does not have to be wasted. One can use alcohol to disolve the residue, and then evaporate the alcohol on a flat surface so the reside can be retrived. What is left behind will be nearlty pure.

I once got a "surprise" 5-MeO-DMT trip which I seldom mention. I was cleaning house and came upon my DMT pipes. There were a few with residue in them. I thought all were DMT, and none looked to be more than 10 mg. That's bearly even a threshold dose of DMT. Well one of the pipes had 5-MeO-DMT in it, and I got a good 6 mg or so. Took me by surprise and I was not prepared for it. There was not a good set and setting for the glory of 5-MeO-DMT. It was not scary, but I was not ready for it and the experience was uncomfortable. I often forget about that trip when mentioning how many times I've had 5-MeO-DMT. Counting that, I've had the smoked 5-MeO-DMT experience 4 times.

The point of this all is to show a few milligrams WILL make a big difference with 5-MeO-DMT. One really needs to be careful about dosage unless they just don't care about being responsible.

Hello,

I am new here, and have been looking around for a while. I was surprised to see this thread at the top of the list, seeing as this drug was the reason I came here.

Some of you seem to have excessive knowledge of this drug, so I hope you do not mind if I ask a few "safety" questions (I like being safe before experimentation... very safe):

-I did this drug once, but almost freaked out with what I saw. I measured out 4 mg of it (almost microscopic amount). I lit underneath the glass, and all of a sudden, "BOOM"... an explosion of smoke came up. It was much more than I expected, and I was to frightened to inhale it all, so I only took in about 1/3 of it. Even with this small amount of smoke, I still felt a fairly significant high. Should one inhale all of the smoke that comes out of that? Because for me, it would have been at least two full breathing rotations to get all of it down (inhale/exhale, inhale/exhale)

-The feeling of, "I can't breathe..." Is that a physical problem, or is it just a paranoia issue associated with the high?

-What is the estimated overdose level if one is to smoke it?

Thanks in advance, I appreciate it.

>Should one inhale all of the smoke that
>comes out of that?

Well the idea of weighing out a specific dose is to vaporize it all, thus if you intend to vaporize X amount of milligrams of 5-MeO-DMT, or whatever drug, you would want to inhale all of the vapor in the pipe.

Because for me, it would have been at least two full breathing rotations
>to get all of it down (inhale/exhale, inhale/exhale)

It is possible to smoke a full dose in one hit. I have. I managed to smoke 40 mg of DMT in one hit. There was little residue left in the pipe, so I got most of it.

>-The feeling of, "I can't breathe..." Is that a physical problem, or is it
>just a paranoia issue associated with the high?

This is common. I believe it to be psychological on origin. But there have been some severe physical reactions to 5-MeO-DMT noted at erowid, mostly when the drug was used at ridiculously high dosages. And there are deaths noted with cohoba/yopo intoxication. This snuff has DMT, 5-MeO-DMT, and 5-Ho-DMT in it.

What is the estimated overdose level if one is to smoke it?

The estimated LD/50 dose for mice with 5-MeO-DMT is 115mg/kg by IP injection. That's quite a high dose, almost 7 grams if a 60 kg person were to take the same amount.

There is no known LD/50 for "smoked human dosages." Your question has no answer.

Last edited by a moderator:
The estimated LD/50 dose for mice with 5-MeO-DMT is 115mg/kg by IP injection. That's quite a high dose, almost 7 grams if a 60 kg person were to take the same amount.

There is no known LD/50 for "smoked human dosages." Your question has no answer.

That's not to say that smaller doses are not dangerous. I made the horrible mistake of putting a close friend into a massive seizure with as little as 20-30 mg (but closer to 20 I believe) of 5meoDMT, and if it weren't for me prying open her mouth with a spoon and pulling vomit out of her throat she would have died right then and there. It was the worst reaction to a drug that I have ever witnessed, and the memory still haunts me to this day.

smoking 5-MeO-DMT

what's the best way to smoke 5-MeO-DMT, besides using a vaporiser? if only a pipe is at hand, how would you smoke the tiny crystals of the drug? possibly making an aluminum foil bowl (despite the dangers of aluminum foil) on top of your bowl? or maybe putting the 5-Meo on top of some marijuana in your bowl? just wondering. thanks

^^^ If you must use a pipe, sandwich the material between some herb (preferably inert, such as parsley).

One of the first times I smoked this substance, I was in my backyard during the summer. The air was heavily infested with mosquitoes, and both me and my sitter were slapping ourselves constantly. But after I took the vapor, I stopped being bitten. I watched the bugs leap off of my legs and arms and hover 1-2 inches off of my skin. It looked as if I had an aura of mosquitoes. After about 10 minutes, I was bitten on my forehead, then my arm, then all over like before. But during that time none of them touched me. Has anything like this happened to anyone else?

anybody know anything about IMing it?

dont question or lecture, just answer ;)

Yes, IM anyone? I asked this question a month or so ago and the responses weren't too great. I only have the freebase so I would also like to know if citric or ascorbic acid will make it soluble in water.

^^^^^^^^

Both will work, but be aware that if you make 5-MeO-DMT citrate it will burn if injected. And you will also want to raise the PH of the solution as close to 7 as you can without freeing the 5-MeO-DMT from its bond with the salt.

The safest thing to do would be to make 5-MeO-DMT hcl, citrate, ascorbate, etc. Then purify it to remove any of the unreacted salt. Get pure crystals of a salt of 5-MeO-DMT, and then add that to sterile distilled water.

Sorry I'm not a chemist and can not provide you with specific instructions.

considering how little 5meodmt freebase you'd be using, i think you'd only need a drop or 2 of vinegar (use only white distilled vinegar!), just enough to make sure it all disolves and no more (assuming it'll form an acetate salt and that salt is water soluable), and saline (or just distilled water if you cant get saline ampoules).

if you're just going to convert enough for 1 shot as you're doing it, it'd be a health risk to use hcl because you would have to use a tiny fraction of a drop (iirc, 1 drop of muriatic acid, 30% or so hcl, is enough for 100 or 1000mg; regardless, too much hcl for this). i know i wouldnt want to inject even 1 drop of hcl into my muscle. vinegar is 5% acetic acid and most people have vinegar in their house already (again, use only white distilled vinegar). given the options, it seems to be the safest, easiest, and most convenient method

well if nobody really knows anything on this, i guess i'll just have to write something up in a few days after i try it. :)

Last edited:
I`ve used it extensively, and can tell you that it is better to start too low, than too high. And be prepared for feeling like dieing the first time, i thought I od`d or something, it hit me so fast/hard. But after a few seconds I controlled my breathing, and got through it.

I would rather insufflate it than smoke it though, it feels more gentle to me. I don`t like to smoke that stuff.

For smoking/vaporizing I would suggest beginning with 5-7mg

For insufflated I`d suggest starting with 8-10mg

You might be one of the ppl that has low tolerance to it, and you don`t wanna get in over your head.

GrOwThSpUrT said:
I`ve used it extensively, and can tell you that it is better to start too low, than too high.

I agree with growthspurt. You don't know were you're turning yourself into, so it would be saver to start low. You don't know how you going to react on that stuff.

GrOwThSpUrT said:
For smoking/vaporizing I would suggest beginning with 5-7mg

For insufflated I`d suggest starting with 8-10mg.

I won't recommend this as a starting dose. I should start lower. I have quit some experience with 5meoDMT and in the beginning, when I used 3 to 5 mg. I was thrown into outer space. Sometimes I had a difficult onset, but this 'difficultness' was gone fast. My experience (and I think/know more people share the this opinion) is to start low with 3 mg or maybe less (you can't be save enough). ;) And then work your way up. So you can get used to the emotions, thoughts, visuals, intensity and the world that goes beyond our imagination, beyond everything, during the trip.

Have a nice journey:D ;)

Well, I do have quite a bit of experience with this compound, and I didn't breakthrough until about the fourth or fifth time I took 10mg. I've since broken through on 8mg, but it wasn't nearly the experience of my first breakthrough.

It seems as though I'm a complete hardhead with this one, seeing as how even 10mg won't reliably produce the desired effect.

I had recently obtained a small quantity of 5-MeO-DMT ~500mgs. A buddy and I split a gram. I have not experimented with this substance in great detail, but I have been researching this for over 5 months or so now. I was extremely eager to try when it arrived. Being experienced with many psychs (won't go into too much detail) including DMT, LSD, Psilocybin/cin etc etc etc... Anyways, first try, I eyeballed a small amount probably the size of 3 or 4 grains of salt, and used a proper DMT pipe to smoke it in. Like MGS said, I think the taste is Absolutly exquisite, much like the taste of O, but a little different nonetheless, very pleasent. After a few seconds, I noticed a tingle and not much else aside from some nausea.

Next try, this time my balance had arrived and I accuratly measured 5 mgs. I placed this into my pipe and vaporized all of it. I was upon exhaling taken away, I along with my breath, was gone. I felt as though every thought in my mind were a blank sheet of paper and I could not make sense of any of them. This was very intense but I was not totally incapacitated. This feeling lasted only a few minutes and then I was back in my bedroom with a feeling of orgasm in my extremeties, with a goofy ass grin on my face. I felt great though aside from the nausea. I am going to stick to 5mgs for now, I have plenty to play with, so there is no need to go any further until I feel ready.

All in all, this is a very interesting RC and not to be taken lightly. I had a great impression of it and am eager to try larger amounts, maybe insufflation, although that route is pretty harsh on the ol nose, I tried 2 mgs this way to see how bad it would burn, but felt something even off of 2 mgs.

Reports of Oral 5-meo-DMT with oral MAOIs say, "don't do that"

Has anyone experienced any traces of this toxic reaction with, say, smoked harmala freebase and smoked 5-meo-DMT? Is it the oral component of the mixture that makes it toxic or just the two compounds working in concert?

I know this question isn't addressed to me because I've never mixed an MAO inhibitor with 5-MeO-DMT, orally, smoked, snorted, or any other way.

But I will add that I've only heard of this "toxic 5-MeO-DMT syndrome" occurring when the 5-MeO-DMT is taken orally with, or just after, consuming the MAO inhibitor. Never read one report that mentioned toxic effects from smoking 5-MeO-DMT after taking an MAOI.

I really wonder if this "toxic 5-MeO-DMT" syndrome is associated with all/any MAO inhibitors, or just the beta-carboline alkaloids...specifically harmaline. I say that because I've only read reports in which the user mixed the 5-MeO-DMT with Peganum harmala (President Bashar Assad's Rue of Syria), but I can't recall seeing any reports that mention 5-MeO-DMT and the ayahuasca vine, or synthetic MAO inhibitors like moclobemide. Peganum harmala contains a sizable amount of harmaline, in addition to harmine. I think the beta-carboline content is nearly a 50/50 mixture of the harmaline and harmine, plus trace amounts of a few other beta-carbolines as well as some (potentially psychoactive) isoquinolines. Hmm...I wonder if the isoquinolines contribute to this toxicity. They are not found in the ayahuasca vine.

The ayahuasca vine is mostly harmine, with some tetrahydroharmine and only a trace amount of harmaline. I also know that some plants containing 5-MeO-DMT (Diplopterys cabrerana comes to mind) are used in the making of the ayahuasca in South America and that brew is not commonly associated with poisoning.

This is one more area of study that someone should really look into someday. First step would be to acquire pure harmine and harmaline. They are a tad bit expensive and harder to come by than the more common reddish harmine/harmine extract easily isolated from Peganum harmala which may actually be completely legal in the USA since harmala alkaloids are not really analogues of anything illegal.

ok, the long awaited information on IMing 5-MeO-DMT.

procedure: ~10mg of 5meodmt disolved in 20 units (.2cc) of white distilled vinegar (5% acetic acid). possibly could've used 10 units, but i was a bit impatient.

experience: took about 5 minutes to come on, and it hit hard. i've never had a good experience from IMing psychedelics, so that could be attributed to why i didnt enjoy this one, who knows.

hit me rather hard, but wasnt enough to break through. the onset was a bit slow and the trip was drawn out, similar to insufflation but more intense for the amount used. i was psychologically uncomfortable throughout the entire experience. perhaps it is just me that gets this, but i felt 'psychedelic foam' (as i like to call it) formed in my stomach, or as i noticed later when i coughed up a bit, it was in my lungs; i'm rather sure this is the same as what i 'puked' up during my IM DPT experience.

afterthoughts: i've now smoked, snorted, and IM'd the stuff. so far the best route is smoked, due to fast onsent, fast comedown. it just doesnt feel right if its drawn out, as with any other method. i think oral would be even worse, so i'm not going to try it that way, but perhaps IV would be interesting, as it should be fast, like smoking. we'll see :)

Status
Not open for further replies.