View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy 5-MeO-DALT Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there any consensus on what leads to best results...

Smoking? Vaping?
And is the HCl smokeable or only the freebase?

I wouldn't bother smoking, it hits like a hammer and lasts about a minute. You'll be left holding the pipe wondering what happened!

I wouldn't bother smoking, it hits like a hammer and lasts about a minute. You'll be left holding the pipe wondering what happened!

Wow. That is spot on. A buddy of mine, Birkenstock, waas just trying this out over the weekend and he said it was exactly as you described.

To be fair, Birkenstock vaped it, but thats about the same thing. Afterward, there is nada, zilch, zero. Well, maybe a little trippiness, but nothing of real note.

Birkenstock told me has been using it in ~2 mg quantities vaped to give his JWHs a kick, and make them more cannabis-like. It works beautifully, but anything more than ~2 mg vaped is a quick (and I mean quick) ticket to nausea and dizzyness,

i smoked some 5-meo dalt a few days ago...it was quite nice..kinda weird but sweet...i kept getting intense body rushs, then after they would go away my body felt weighed down like you would feel after u have done ket...but overall the drug is quite nice and i cant wait to experiment with it more...may try to eat some next time...i know that the dose varies from people to people but would anyone recommend a dose to eat for a first time..thanx

is it possible that 5-meo-dalt will false-positive on a 5 or 10-panel drug test? i can't find an answer to that anywhere.

I received my sample today, and put approx 12mg into the sphere attached to my pipe. I smoked it but didn't get any effects, mostly because I think I forgot how to smoke out of this pipe. I loaded another 12mg into the pipe and smoked it a bit better. The effects came on very quick and were somewhat overwhelming. There were some minor visual distortions and a very "tryptamine" like feel, but I didn't feel like I was on a psychedelic in the classical sense. It was very much a rush, I felt like I was getting "pulled" through the experience -- a bit overwhelming at times!

it was enjoyable, and I got another trip out of that pipe an hour or so later. I smoked it because I think finding the right oral dose will take weeks, and I wanted to experiment more directly. after the holidays I will take the time to find the proper oral dose.

Overall, a winner!

*Update: smoked this several times since. One time I got an extremely good hit and was completely overwhelmed by effects. Some visual distortions, and I was perceiving the size of my body and the distance of objects in strange ways. I was very high for a very short time, very intense, somewhat interesting, a bit overwhelming. *

Last edited:
I have a sample of 5-meo-dalt in salt form. Is it possible to vape this using some foil? I've read some places that the salt form shouldn't be smoked?

I tried 50 mg oral of 5-meo-DALT yesterday and didn't get much of an effect. Smoking 5-10 mg gave me an interesting 20 minute high though. I'm gonna try 80 mg oral tonight. I'll post the results.

Well, 80 mg definitely worked. 5-meO-DALT effected me quite differently than any other drug ever has. It must effect everyone differently too, as it felt nothing like ecstasy or acid to me like it did to some other people in this thread. I had no OEV or CEV and no auditory hallucinations, yet I definitely felt like I was tripping. I also felt a little nausea, but it wasn't bad enough to make the experience unpleasant. It also didn't make communication easier, as talking on skype proved to be an unpleasant experience. Music was great though, and I spent a good hour listening to music. The DALT basically made me think strangely and gave in interesting sensation through out my body. While pleasant, it wasn't especially euphoric.

Around 90 minutes in, I vaped 5-10 mg of JWH-250, which proved to be a nice combination, although it made me quite hungry. 2 - 2.5 hours after I ingested the DALT, I easily fell asleep, still feeling the effects quite strongly. While this wasn't the best drug I've done, it was definitely a positive experience. I'm in no rush to finish the bag but over time, I can see myself using all of it.

^^ That's kind of how I felt. Not in a hurry to finish this one, but it's the only thing I have that is active through smoking like that. I do find it a bit on the intense side -- in fact, I need to moderate my initial enthusiasm. I don't see myself trying it again for a while.

5-meo-dalt acetone breakdown?

hello, i am very new to this site, actually just about 5 minutes haha! i am wondering, i have some 5 meo dalt coming on friday, i am interested in making an incense blend with this but i dont know if it is possible? can you break down dalt with acetone, or maybe even alochol? it would be even better if it is water soluble, but i am not sure, anyone's input would be greatly appeciated, thank you!:)

It should be possible. Acetone dissolves a whole lot of compounds and I would be truly surprised if 5-MeO-DAlT is not one of them. I guess there is one major way to find out, you probably shouldn't throw all your 5-MeO-DAlT in at once, just in case. That's always a good idea!!

It shouldn't react or break down by the way, I would assume that with acetone. It's a common solvent and 5-MeO-DAlT has no weaknesses that I know of.
Long term storage is another thing, not all tryptamines should be put in water for a long time for instance, if any. But for a short while like for making an incense blend it's okay with a 5-MeO tryptamine. I think it doesn't dissolve as nicely in that as in acetone.
There is another reason to use acetone and not water and that is that acetone has high vapor pressure, it evaporates much more readily (You can feel the cold from quickly evaporating acetone if it gets on your skin). With water your incense blend might not be cracker dry unless you take the time to dry it out well.

thank you very much! i have dabbled with the jwh series and i just found out about dalt, i am in the process of bringing out a new product to my area, i have also been looking at the am series(specifically am2201) i dont know if you have heard of *snip*? i am good friends with the producer, and what i have been interested in is the dalt, i havent tried it yet, i just ordered a 1g for a sample lol. i couldnt find any negative reviews about the site i ordered it from so hopefully it comes lol. my friend was telling me that i should try and make it some kind of liquid to consume? maybe like blunt drops or something, but it cannot be a product for human consumption due to the fda lol. ive been brainstorming all day about what an effective product would be! if acetone will work then i will make a small batch of it on some damania. but i have heard that it is better orally?

Last edited by a moderator:
if these are types of things you don't know yet, you shouldn't be planning to give it to anyone else. I've heard of a couple of blends containing 5-MeO-DAlT, not sure how successful they were though. And there was a problem with many people thinking it was a jwh type chemical and getting a totally different buzz than they were expecting. AM-2201 is a cannabinoid, but I don't know very much about it.

As a general rule you don't want to say anything too incriminating here, anyone can read this forum ;) and we're not here to facilitate anything that isn't legal.

Took 35mg orally.

First alerts at 20 minutes, a slight tension in the back of my neck and feet, including mild visual distortions (slight waviness, shifting).

After about 40 minutes mild to moderate CEV's and a definite shift to a subtle psychedelic headspace/musical experience.

Came down after about 2 hours.

Enjoyable experience overall. Will definitely take again in a higher dose.

Good luck!

Just came down from earlier from an experience-
20mg aMT and 25mg 5-meo-dalt with plenty of weed during the trip.

I'm fairly new to psychedelics, but this has been my most visual trip so far. (Except for one experience with LSA and Salvia)

The entire trip lasted about 8 hours and was completely baseline by about T+20 hours.
Loads of open eye visuals, swirling egyptian style visuals, and disorientation.

Status
Not open for further replies.