• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines The Big & Dandy 5-MeO-DALT Thread - Part 2

Anyone tried mixing this with MDMA, at high doses? As far as I know all tryptamines are MAOI's (or not?confirm please) so is it safe to combine 5-meO-DALT with an amphetamine or MDMA as far as maoi and serotonin syndrome is a concern?

Didn't want to start a new thread for this, but...

I've just taken somewhere in the range of 25-30mg orally (probably closer to 30mg). I just mixed it with a little lemon juice and water and necked it. I now plan to spend the new few hours playing games, playing guitar, doing whatever takes my fancy. I've never taken 5-MeO-DALT before but the short come-up and duration (and relatively light effects) makes it seem perfect for a bit of daytime faffing.

Anyway, my question: how long after taking 5-MeO-DALT would it be safe to smoke some changa? It's good stuff, and obviously a MAOI. I would imagine that 5-MeO-DALT has at least some serotonin activity so I wouldn't smoke the changa whilst actually on the DALT. Assuming that I'm back to baseline at 2pm, would it be safe to smoke at... 3pm? 4pm? The next day? The day after?

Thanks!

Didn't want to start a new thread for this, but...

I've just taken somewhere in the range of 25-30mg orally (probably closer to 30mg). I just mixed it with a little lemon juice and water and necked it. I now plan to spend the new few hours playing games, playing guitar, doing whatever takes my fancy. I've never taken 5-MeO-DALT before but the short come-up and duration (and relatively light effects) makes it seem perfect for a bit of daytime faffing.

Anyway, my question: how long after taking 5-MeO-DALT would it be safe to smoke some changa? It's good stuff, and obviously a MAOI. I would imagine that 5-MeO-DALT has at least some serotonin activity so I wouldn't smoke the changa whilst actually on the DALT. Assuming that I'm back to baseline at 2pm, would it be safe to smoke at... 3pm? 4pm? The next day? The day after?

Thanks!

kind of a threshold dose for oral, but duration is about 4 hours total. Vaping is recommended, esp for hardheads, duration is 15-45 minutes, but can redose safely, repeatedly.

Here's what happened to me if anyone fancies reading something long:

Here is my report on 5-meo-DALT, I’m writing this 3 days after taking it, to be completely honest I was a bit silly with my dosage, this is partially down to being an idiot and partially down to the last batch I had apparently not being very good.
I purchased 1g of this around a year ago, at that time it was a white, almost fluffy powder, extremely difficult to arrange in to lines, at that time I started with a small line, followed by several small bombs and can’t say I felt much until I’d taken quite a lot, roughly 200mg, at which point I had some minor trails in my vision and a very mild body buzz… That is where the similarities to this gram, which I bought about a week ago from a different online source end.
The current batch is a beige, almost tan coloured substance of the same consistency as the last, assuming (stupidly) that the potency wouldn’t be much different I poured (this was a bad idea, measuring is definitely the way forward) what I would say must have been 80-100mg in to a cigarette paper and washed it down. I had eaten a sandwich around 3 hours earlier so would have been on close enough to an empty stomach. While filling the rizla I also spilled a tiny amount on to the table, so proceeded to taste this, it was foul and had a strong, bitter, chemical taste which I fond hard to get rid of, this taste also leads me to think that snorting would be a terrible idea.
The first effects came on after roughly 30 minutes, my perception of distance completely changed, oddly corners began to look very odd, also small things such as a spider web on my wall stood out a lot more than normal. The body buzz was also quite strong almost immediately. The effects intensified in waves, my depth perception was changing rapidly and the buzz became more and more intense, I also noticed an increased temperature.
After about 30 minutes after onset I decided to go outside to smoke a cigarette, as I sometimes find with mushrooms I was concerned with what my neighbours would think if they saw me, however I was still capable of rational thought and deduced that I probably didn’t look as wrecked as I felt so carried on. My perception of time had changed by this point, but after half a cigarette I began to notice background noises becoming very loud so decided to put the cigarette out and go back inside to lay down.
I sat on my sofa for around 15 minutes (I only know this because this is where I paused the music I was listening to) before everything became far too intense, I felt completely restless and was experiencing a massive body rush as well as strong audio hallucinations, I also noticed that completely made up words kept entering my mind. I wandered from room to room and kept thinking that if I could get comfortable I would start to enjoy the experience.
At this point I went upstairs and decided to lay in bed, I checked my watch at this point and it was roughly an hour after onset. The audio hallucinations became more and more intense and I had what I can only describe as a psychedelic overlay on my vision, shapes were completely distorted, edges became sharp and everything appeared to taper in towards the centre. Moving my hands in front of my face produced neon trails and I had visions of what I can only describe as 2 people made from several oval shapes, sitting together… I can’t really describe how I was seeing this however, as I knew it wasn’t there but was aware of it whether my eyes were open or closed. My muscles also felt very tense, especially my wrists.
I could not rest while laying down so continued to wander around the house, my perception was heavily altered still and I had to keep telling myself that the effects would eventually die down to a pleasant level. Although I did not feel sick I decided to try to vomit, but gave up very quickly.
I continued to experience heavy CEV’s, psychedelic trails and a complete distortion of perception for around 2 more hours before out of nowhere the body buzz significantly calmed down. At this point I was able to lay on my bed and relax, the visuals were still as strong, if not stronger, but the buzz was replaced with a feeling of relief at being over the worst of it and the experience actually became very pleasant from this point onwards. I could now focus on my watch and the screen of my phone again, however my phone did look completely different, the font appeared to change and everything was more clear. Something I also took great pleasure from was the trails, as it appeared as though I could throw neon fireballs if I pushed my hands forward… I spent around an hour laying on my back doing this (I’m glad I was at home along as I would struggle to explain myself to a sober person), before deciding that I was now in a fit state to go back downstairs and ride out the rest of the trip.
The next hour was spent listening to music, I decided to listen to some Venetian Snares, some of it is quite frantic, but this seemed to make perfect sense and sounded very tight compared to while sober. The visuals had dies down, apart from the text on my computer screen appearing to drop down, then expand periodically, my phone also still looked different.
At around 4.5 hours after onset I was standing outside when I came back down to earth with a bang… Sort of, the psychedelic layer over my visuals fell off almost completely and I felt slightly tired and quite hungry… This was not a gradual process, I went from feeling one way to feeling another within a split second.
At this point I decided to go and meet some friends as I was now feeling in control again, the walk from my house to the bus stop takes roughly 15 minutes, during the walk I felt very positive and was highly entertained by my own thoughts, enjoying picking apart the last few hours in my head. The feeling was similar to taking a small dose of MDMA, however it didn’t last much longer than half an hour before I gradually returned to baseline.
After the effects had worn off I stayed out for around 4 hours, had a few beers and was maybe slightly more chatty than usual, I got home at around midnight and had no problem sleeping and woke at around 8:45am the next day with no hangover.
In hindsight I really should have measured it, while I would say that overall it was a good experience, the come up got a bit hairy at times and was hard work. I would liken the experience to mushrooms, except the visuals were quite digital for me and seemed to be more distorted than I have ever experienced on any other psychedelic or hallucinogenic. The made up words thing I experienced has only ever happened to me before on LSD, however that is probably where the similarities between that and 5 meo DALT end.
I would be interested in trying a smaller dose, maybe half of what I took on this occasion, as I feel that if the come up had not been so intense and frantic that I would have enjoyed the entire experience and not just the end.
I should also say that I do not recommend anyone starting on even half of the dose I took, especially if they are not experienced with large doses of other psychedelic or hallucinogenic substances. There were a lot of times during the first couple of hours where things could easily have gone the wrong way, however my internal monologue is pretty good at keeping me grounded even when my body and the rest of my brain have other ideas.
Hope this helps somebody. Take care.

How long do you guys find that cross-tolerance to other psychedelics last when you vaporize this one? I am planning on doing HOT-7 tomorrow and I dont want to have diminished effects. I'm considering vaporizing 1-2 doses of 5-MeO-DALT tonight. Do you guys find that it has a lasting tolerance or a tolerance similar to smoking DMT that dissipates very quickly?

I have done this chemical in 15 - 35 mg doses and it always was pretty strong for me. I know this varies from vendor to vendor but I believe what I have is very pure chemical. I like this one. The weird thing happened today. Dropped ~25mg today after about an hour and a half after having a light lunch and almost nothing happened. It was weird, because even at doses like 15mg's I always felt it. I had a bowl of soup maybe an hour later and after ingesting the soup I kind of started feeling trippy. But just a little bit. Now it's been 4 hours after ingestion and I still feel like just a little bit tripping, but just a little bit. There is this weird headspace I'm in right now and altrough I can't say I'm intoxicated, but I am not sober too! I feel like I'm on benzos or something , very weird feeling. This drug never lasted more than 2 hours for me and always kicked in like 15minutes, but now I'm in this weird rainy,sad but calm state of mind for 4 hours but I never reach full psychedelic effects. I have been taking 5-htp after the weekend but I didn't take it today ( altrough probably has nothing to do with it), and have no idea why this is happening. Has anyone been in a similar situation?

EDIT: I remembered that after dropping the initial dose I also took a little pill of valerian extract which I take from time to time just to calm me down a little bit, but I doubt that this may be the case??

SUPER WEIRD

Last edited:
i just got 250mgs delivered today and it looks like a hell of alot more.. its really fluffy and an off white almost tan colouring to it. how do i k now if its the salt or freebase?

Try to dissolve it in water. If it doesn't dissolve well, it's the freebase. Add a few drops of citric acid or acetic acid (lemon juice or vinegar) to convert it to its salt.

Hey guys,

...first post!

So I'm going to a rave/jungle night soon and am planning on taking some 5-meo-dalt. I'll be taking it for the first time, so what dosage would people recommend? I was thinking 30-40mg? Also, I might combine it with a line or two of MPA, is this combination safe? Do you think it's a good combination idea?

Thanks in advance :)

Hey guys,

...first post!

So I'm going to a rave/jungle night soon and am planning on taking some 5-meo-dalt. I'll be taking it for the first time, so what dosage would people recommend? I was thinking 30-40mg? Also, I might combine it with a line or two of MPA, is this combination safe? Do you think it's a good combination idea?

Thanks in advance :)

I have done this combo before and I quite liked it . THe strange thing is that 5-meo-DALT effects me differently in different settings. For instance, when I took it at home with my gf it was amazing, I can swear it was as nice as good dose of MDMA with some visuals. But when I took it at a a party it didn't feel as good, but maybe that was because I felt urge to vomit all the time, maybe because of alochol... Anyways have fun , I think this combo is OK

Hi all! I read all messages here, about 5-meo-dalt. Want to order 5gr of it, and 5gr of aMT. What would be the effect of this two chemicals combination? 40mg dalt and 30mg amt for example..

Hi all! I read all messages here, about 5-meo-dalt. Want to order 5gr of it, and 5gr of aMT. What would be the effect of this two chemicals combination? 40mg dalt and 30mg amt for example..

pretty unknown territory. I would strongly advise trying both them alone first. aMT is pretty stimulating, and so is 5meoDALT for me, esp at 40mg. Be careful and enjoy.

I think I've tried this... three times now. The first time was 40mg orally, it had very little effect, I felt like I was coming up... then it stayed at that and wore off just as quickly. I tried it again, I can't remember the dosage, it might have been 40mg, with some MPA and ketamine, but the effects of the other two overrode it.

However, on the third attempt, I was pleasantly surprised. I took 70mg orally on a completely empty stomach having not eaten all day, and been to the gym, so I was starving. It took maybe 20 to 40 mins to kick in, and it was fairly good. It is definitely not that visual and more about the headspace, and somewhat euphoric in a way I've never really felt before, but it definitely had more of a psy than stim feel to it. It didn't take away my hunger and I had something to eat on it and it was SO nice. Also, the experience was much more intense with eyes closed than open and music was even better on it.

Fairly enjoyable drug, but I doubt I'll be re-purchasing it anytime soon. There are just better drugs out there and I'm not sure what this drug has to offer really when there are other cheap psy RCs available like aMT.

This drug feels like it hits all the wrong 5-ht receptors. Don't get me wrong, I kind of like it. But with the ROA I have tried (only smoking) it gives no real trip before the side effects feel too "intense". Makes you feel flashes if you get too much (you know, the panicky feeling like your brain is going crazy.. zappy), makes you feel WAY fucked up to walk, gives a heavy as hell heartbeat, great relaxing body high (while the tachycardia and wild mind high destroy any relaxation) and worst of all, when I did a somewhat heavy smoked dose my teeth felt like the nerves were vibrating and painful and my teeth were filled with electricity.

Still, it's good in small amounts as a supplemented high, and I'm guessing the intensity of body effects and "flashes" will prepare me for an actual tryptamine trip where I will experience all this and more without worry of danger. Basically it gives you the intensity of a tryptamine high, with a fairly stimulating side, without the trip... it's like a major tryptamine buildup to an uncomfortable body high. However, once it settles it is much more easy going.

hi everyone..
so I think I'm gonna order some 5 meo dalt as reading from tihkal and various TRs it seems an interesting substance with a short duration which I seek because I don't have experience with trypts and was looking for something that doesn't last for ages like amt for example...
so, how does tolerance build up with this one?
I mean, if I were to snort an amount and then another dose when I feel I'm coming down there would be any significant decrease in the effects?

hi everyone..
so I think I'm gonna order some 5 meo dalt as reading from tihkal and various TRs it seems an interesting substance with a short duration which I seek because I don't have experience with trypts and was looking for something that doesn't last for ages like amt for example...
so, how does tolerance build up with this one?
I mean, if I were to snort an amount and then another dose when I feel I'm coming down there would be any significant decrease in the effects?

I have never tried redosing with this one but I've read that it works just as good as first time.

However, I never felt anything from snorting it. Has anyone felt anything from snorting it ? Freebase is inactive when snorted but Hcl is if I understand right? Can somebody clear it up for me ? Is there a way to turn freebae into Hcl easily for nasal ROA?
I liked this chem but it somehow makes me feel very sick on the stomach few last times... I wonder why

^^
mmh I don't have a great chemistry knowledge but I think adding an acid should turn it into the hcl form?
I'm not too sure tough, hope someone with a greater knowledge on the matter chimes in.

This chemical is FANTASTIC. I found it to be easy on the body (on low dose like 10 - 45mg ORAL). I like the subtle stimulation (feels like a tiny amount of MDMA), vibrant coulours and a nice euphoria. This chem is perfect to do in a rave party, festival, club, in nature!

The cheap price is also a great value, one of the best chem I tried so far!!

Took a high dose of this whilst high on mdma and it pretty much paralysed me for a hour I could barely walk then it died down. Scared the shit out of me aint touched it since