• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines The Big & Dandy 4-HO-MPT Thread

have some from the initial give away that's been stored in an lite-less air tight place, is as good as when arrived. actually plan on taking some tomorrow hence why I am reading this thread. Only have like 10 mg left so I am definitely going rectal. Anyone got any experience?

Forgot about this post from a minute back. I went ahead and went ahead with the trial, here are the vague water spilled notes I can find.

6:40 - 10 mg of 4-ho-MPT administered rectally.

6:53 - still not feeling it much, gonna smoke a bowl.

7:00 - at a plus two

7:05 - Head pretty fucked, as in intoxicated, though its euphoric and has that feel of splitting open and melting as they say.

Definitely works its way into your mind.

7:20 - Visuals are finally coming along, making themselves distinct. I'm going to smoke another bowl.

8:00 - Add 300 mcg of 25c insuff. Comes on quickly and the visual display and body high kicks up a notch as well as the trip in general.

9:00 - 10 mg of 2c-i added rectally. Phenthylamine and tryptamine visual displays mix to perform fireworks in my eyes.

It was around this point I spilled water on my notes. Was just far to intoxicated. At 12:05 I insuff 700 mcg of 25n-nbome which really is underestimated for combos. But this was a great trip really helped get me back into more exploring the more hedonistic pleasures of the psychedelic realms

I would guess that the acetoxy version 4-AcO-MPT would be nicer and longer acting (but I usually always prefer the aco). It seems it would be worth getting synthesized, also there are still unexplored tryptamines like 4-AcO-EPT or EiPT, or even PiPT. I used to see reports by one person on lycaeum for 5-MeO-EiPT.

This is an interesting thread, a lot of good information in here. I think this may be the next thing that I try, so I thought I'd bump this. Has anyone used this one lately? There's one sort of scary report here of breathing problems and such on 50 mg, but I read elsewhere about people taking that amount or more without the same issues. I was thinking about starting at about 25 mg anyway, but was just wondering if any more knowledge had surfaced about this one. I also read that a lot of people who've tried it have compared it visually to 4-HO-MET.... If that is the case then I'm definitely looking forward to seeing what it can do. :)

I would guess that the acetoxy version 4-AcO-MPT would be nicer and longer acting (but I usually always prefer the aco). It seems it would be worth getting synthesized, also there are still unexplored tryptamines like 4-AcO-EPT or EiPT, or even PiPT. I used to see reports by one person on lycaeum for 5-MeO-EiPT.

I would love if people finally started making these! I really don't know why they haven't yet. That one 4-AcO-EiPT trip report on Erowid is horribly tantalizing....

i only had like 100mg of this stuff to work with, so i don't remember it too well / can't describe it too much. i split it into four doses that were all between 20-30mg (volumentric measurement, i just don't remember the exact doses anymore. definitely didn't go over 30mg)

what i do clearly remember, though, is how intense the initial comeup is, and how quickly it hits. it didn't feel dangerous to me, but there is definitely quite a bit of physical energy that needs to be worked through on the comeup of this one. i took it orally, and i was feeling it pretty strongly within 15 minutes. i could barely keep my legs/feet still. i can definitely see how someone taking 50mg without being prepared for the intensity of the comeup could end up hyperventilating and having problems breathing.

you know, i never tried it at the time, but with that weird physical push, i feel like this stuff might be best taken slightly spaced out (i.e. space your dose out in tiny increments over the course of a half hour or so). it would help smooth that comeup, and should still hit that super euphoric plateau that comes a bit later (i usually hit the chill plateau a bit over an hour after dosing if memory serves...)

Thanks for the response! :)

That makes sense with the come up feeling, as I get the same kind of thing on most 4-substituted tryptamines and especially 4-HO-MET. I haven't ever actually taken a tryptamine by spacing out the doses, but I have taken LSD that way and did definitely find it to make the ride up much smoother and more relaxed, like the initial build-up still doesn't really stretch beyond the first dose. I bet it could work in this instance too!

I have enough of it to work with that I should be able to get a pretty good feel for it. Unfortunately it was not stored in the best conditions before reaching me and it has turned just slightly beige, but I'm hoping it's not enough to make a difference. I've had other tryptamines be this color before without it being a problem.

Thanks, that'd be just dandy for me.

(Of course, sooo many . . . questions . . . dammit!)

I've tried it a few times, but never wrote a report because it didn't stand out, but I was taking it while hanging out with friends and playing music so those aren't the best trips to write about. I can't remember, I may have a dose left, otherwise I plan to get more, I really liked it, it was the most similar in visuals and effects to LSD of any tryptamine I've tried, very dissimilar from mushrooms.

Thanks for reminding me I've got 500mg of this to experiment. Tried 20mg only once mixed with 2-oxo-pce and I enjoyed it a lot, though it didn't felt as visual as my favourite tryptamine 4-ho-met

I've been wanting to try 4-HO-MPT for a while now. I was pretty excited today when I noticed that a vendor has it in stock now. :D

Rereading this thread again, about 95% is arguing with a psoodonym and speculation about a vendor's sudden closure.

Does anyone want to volunteer comparisons to other tryptamines? Or if it doesn't stand out, that works too.

I guess my question is about any subjective trends in the 4-subs, from tiny N-groups to bulkier ones.

4-HO-MPT is great stuff, powerful in the mind, gentle, short-acting, similarities to LSD for me but so much shorter.

Really happy to see this one out there again, I'll definitely be looking forward to hear what others think about it. :)

Does anyone want to volunteer comparisons to other tryptamines? Or if it doesn't stand out, that works too.

I guess my question is about any subjective trends in the 4-subs, from tiny N-groups to bulkier ones.

I have used mushrooms, 4-HO-MET, 4-HO-DET, 4-HO-MPT, 4-HO-EPT, 4-HO-DPT, 4-HO-MiPT, 4-HO-DiPT, 4-HO-McPT, 4-AcO-DMT, 4-AcO-MET, 4-AcO-DET, 4-AcO-MALT, and 4-AcO-DALT, speaking specifically about 4-substituted tryptamines. 4-HO-MPT is my favorite of them so far, without even the slightest bit of doubt. It actually honestly competes with LSD for the spot of my favorite psychedelic period.

It would take quite a while to write out every one of my thoughts about this.... I don't suppose you'd be willing to tell me which ones you're already familiar with to make things a bit easier?

Wow, thanks that's quite an endorsement. Unfortunately, I'm stuck with the classics so far, in their natural setting, and LSD.

So I have a large menu right now, and choices to be made. I know there's threads about comparisons, but I guess just not a large enough pool of test subjects yet to have a consensus on what might make a tryptamine unique. An aspect or combination that none of the others have, or rarely have, besides solubility or potency. About all I've heard that all agree on is the sound distortion unique to the MiPTs, and maybe a sinister note to the unsub DPT.

And if it's tough to find a unique aspect, there might be trends that become apparent with more inputs.

I'd certainly be willing to collate like two-line reviews for all these tryptamines.

Anyone care to sum up the expierience? Was it like short acting LSD? Was it super funny like shrooms? Or super spiritual material. Lots of Visual or just a little etc. This seems to be a winner along with 4 aco malt. I just can't make up my mind which one I want more.

Wow, thanks that's quite an endorsement. Unfortunately, I'm stuck with the classics so far, in their natural setting, and LSD.

So I have a large menu right now, and choices to be made. I know there's threads about comparisons, but I guess just not a large enough pool of test subjects yet to have a consensus on what might make a tryptamine unique. An aspect or combination that none of the others have, or rarely have, besides solubility or potency. About all I've heard that all agree on is the sound distortion unique to the MiPTs, and maybe a sinister note to the unsub DPT.

And if it's tough to find a unique aspect, there might be trends that become apparent with more inputs.

I'd certainly be willing to collate like two-line reviews for all these tryptamines.

No problem. :) And ah, gotcha, gotcha....

Heh heh, I hate to tell you, but I don't think there are any completely unique effects between them honestly, it's all just about different ratios. It's actually DiPT that the audio distortion you mention was once thought to be unique to, but I have experienced it on DiPT, 4-HO-DiPT, MiPT, and 4-HO-MiPT, and it's also known to be common on 5-MeO-DiPT, so I increasingly suspect that pretty much any isopropyl could probably produce this effect at the right dose. Likewise, the sinister aspect you mention on DPT also occurs on other tryptamines for me, like 4-HO-DET, 5-MeO-EiPT, and DiPT which I find to all feel uncharacteristically dark in style. Though, furthermore, not even everyone will agree on these aspects.... I know people who don't get audio distortion on MiPT-based drugs, and who find 4-HO-DET very lighthearted and bright, and so on.

I've noticed several trends between all the different tryptamines I've tried, but again, it would take forever to detail them all here. Rather I will ask, what is it in particular that you like the most about the classics?

Anyone care to sum up the expierience? Was it like short acting LSD? Was it super funny like shrooms? Or super spiritual material. Lots of Visual or just a little etc. This seems to be a winner along with 4 aco malt. I just can't make up my mind which one I want more.

Was it like short acting LSD? Yes.
Was it super funny like shrooms? Yes.
Or super spiritual material. Yes.
Lots of Visual.... Yes.
This seems to be a winner along with 4 aco malt. Yes. :)

The ego dissolution, manic confidence, dissociative visions, visual filtering, and long tracers of LSD on top of the lucid stimulation, giggly headspace, complex hallucinations, visual distortions, and mandalas of 4-HO-MET on top of the peaceful satisfaction, sensory overload, and extreme geometric designs alike Alex Grey art of mushrooms, topped off with a spontaneous orgasm from the combination of nitrous oxide. The duration for me is slightly longer than mushrooms but feels more like a compressed LSD trip, with the first few more mental and dissociating hours of LSD being compressed into the first forty-five minutes of 4-HO-MPT, during which the heaviest mushroom-like visuals also occur, followed by a far more lucid, cognitive, and euphoric plateau dominated more so by the LSD-like beautiful neon visions. That's pretty much what it's been like for me so far.

4-AcO-MALT has been fantastic for me so far too, but so far I find it more selective in its effects than 4-HO-MPT, which is much more of a balanced full-spectrum psychedelic for me. I'd personally choose the 4-HO-MPT first if I had to pick between one, but I don't think I'd want to go without either if I could avoid it. :)

Well thanks for all that. I do appreciate it. And it does sound like a consensus, which is close to impossible sometimes in these threads.

The situation for me is a two week window in which to indulge for the first time in gee, ten years? Given my life situation, a tryptamine, I feel, is in order (rather than a more sensational research chemical, also considering my current use of a certain stim). So there's monetary value to consider, there's the chance of a positive experience (rather than a dud or dosing problems or just being alright); a new experience; let's admit we all do like a good fireworks display, so entertainment does play a role; but finally I need a chat pretty bad with the little toadstool man I've met before, or preferably his boss.

So I've been lightly lurking. This one does and has sounded like a winner for a while now, and I think the fortuitous timing might be a sign. Hard to ask for more than a good duration, balanced experience at this pricing. And I may say I desire a difficult experience, but, you know, I don't want to spend the entire time crying, just a portion.

That said, there's something to DPT that calls to me, complete with tricky dosage info and the rec.s for non-oral ROAs.

(I could do both, so it's not a tremendous dilemma; in fact maybe better to try DPT after this, rather than just DPT?)