• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines The Big & Dandy 4-HO-MiPT Thread - 2nd MiPteration

Hell of a first 4 posts. Good luck with your petition...

I do agree that 4-HO-MiPT is easy to work with. However the dose response curve of LSD is actually quite linear, a few micrograms either way is barely going to affect the experience at all, whereas if comparing graphs of the dose response curves of 4-HO-MiPT and LSD, 4-HO-MiPT's is steeper. In any case, 4-HO-MiPT is one of my favorites.

I gotta say though that your deification of a human, even someone as special and influential and wonderful as Shulgin, is probably not what he would have wanted, knowing the guy. And calling a drug Lord God (capitalized no less) kinda turns me off. It's a chemical, the spirit is inside you, not inside a chemical. The answers are in you, not somewhere external.

I totally get that this is a religion, I guess that was my... I don't want to say criticism, but maybe more skepticism. Anyway just voicing my thoughts about it, you gotta do you for sure and sometimes whatever we believe is real to us, and sometimes it really just matters that you're happy. <3

But yeah 4-HO-MiPT (miprocin as some call it but to be honest I've never really liked those terms) is one of the best. Really great stuff. It makes me feel full of love and laughter.

Interesting, I found the description of the deity to be in line with what I perceived while on 4-HO-MiPT...

About Soma, the deity:

Soma, also called as Indu or Soma-Pavamana, is one of the most important deities in the Rgveda. The entire ninth Mandala is devoted to his praise. He is the presiding deity of the Soma creeper whose juice is often used in sacrifices as offering and also drink. He is sometimes praised as the Supreme God. He cures the mortals of their diseases, gives them joy and leads them to immortal blissful worlds. It was because of the power he bestowed that Indra was able to do wonderful deeds and slay the demon Vrtra. He rules over the mind and activates speech.
Hence he is sometimes described as Vacaspati, 'lord of speech'. It is he who makes ordinary mortals Rsis, wise sages. He creates the worlds, rules over mountains and rivers.
The name Soma has been used in the Rgveda for the deity that animates the Soma creeper, the juice of the creeper itself, as also the moon. In later literature, Some has been practically identified with the moon itself. Scholars opine that the deity Homa of the Zend-Avesta is this Soma itself.

Best of luck with the petition! :)
0Soma.JPG

Ballsy response, I probably wouldn't have mentioned arresting you. Anyway good luck, any psychedelic we can get recognized in any way as legitimate is a win for us all.

What in the fuck... I am in no way a skeptic to the concepts you speak of, but to exalt this specific chemical in this way, and saint (what is the verb form of this?) Shulgin... Ludicrous.

It's "canonize". The steps are usually these: Servus Dei (Servant of God), Venerabilis (Venerable), Beatus (Blessed), Sanctus (Saint).

Now back to our scheduled program...

I support your goal of legitimizing and legalizing psychedelic chemicals, I just think the religious aspect of it is unnecessary and silly and even damaging to the cause. I do understand that religious exemption is currently a way to allow legal use of a substance, but... honestly, if you want something adopted mainstream, the goal should be to appeal to reason, not to religious zealotry. Ultimately it will turn most people off, they're going to think that 4-HO-MiPT turns you into a religious zealot, ie, makes you crazy. As opposed to if the scientific community manages to convince people that psychedelics have a valuable place in psychotherapy and personal growth (which is what is currently happening as the ban on psychedelic research is finally lifting).

15% of the people on the planet revere 4-HO-MiPT religiously? Or do you mean psychedelics in general? Well, indigenous cultures (some of them) do use psychedelics as tools for spirituality, it's true... so do I. And you're entitled to your beliefs, I'm just saying that proselytizing generally turns people off, especially people who already don't understand psychedelics (ie, most of modern civilization). We're still coming out of a period of very heavy demonization of psychedelics, and in my opinion the way out of that is to get the scientific community to start telling people that they're not these scary drugs that make people crazy, but are instead useful tools. I'm just trying to tell you that to most people, you're coming across as a religious zealot who has had a few too many psychedelics. I'm not saying you ARE that... I mean I've taken enough psychedelics to make most people think I must be clinically insane. I'm trying to let you know how it's coming across, even to someone who loves psychedelics and whose first trip changed his life forever due to experiencing non-duality/oneness.

Okay but that doesn't really address my points. None of that necessitates religion, and trying to attach religion to it, IMO, hurts the cause. I'm not denying at all that 4-HO-MiPT or other psychedelics are great tools to access the divine and gain greater understanding of the universe.

The people Who tried both versions, the ho-mipt and acetate version aco-mipt, which you found more interesting? Or maybe both feels almost the same?

I seem to see people preferring the acetate more often than not, I have only tried the hydroxy myself, however.

I've only tried the acetate a couple times. It seemed like a less potent version of the hydroxy with more sedation and nausea, which only lasted the first 1-2 hours. The acetoxy tryptamines in general feel more clear headed to me.

I recently compared the acetate and hydroxy back-to-back, 1 week apart, at similar dosages. My trip on 4-HO-MiPT was significantly more mind-bending and visual than my trip on 4-AcO-MiPT. I agree with Volsam's description: while 4-AcO-MiPT feels more "LSD-like", 4-HO-MiPT feels more "mushroom-like". I also agree with indigowizard's comment that the 4-AcO tryptamines feel more clearheaded. So far, I think I may prefer 4-HO-MiPT, if this pattern is to hold for future trips, although there are advantages to both variants.

My trip on 4-HO-MiPT, 10 milligrams if my scale is to be trusted, truly shocked me with its intensity. The introspection was profound, and the visuals were among the most wonderful I've seen recently, in the highly imaginative style that is unique to the MiPTs for me. The most memorable visual consisted of a colorful Alex Grey-like spiral of eyeballs, which were rolling back all at once (mocking my fascination? ;)) But I also saw images of things like women in erotic poses, insects, and even strange alien technologies. I've read multiple people right here on the forums say that they discovered seemingly low doses of 4-HO-MiPT to be fully satisfying, in the <15 mg range or so, and now I'm a convert! I also had a highly satisfying trip on only 60 ug LSD in recent past, and I do find LSD and 4-HO-MiPT to overlap in significant ways.

Last edited:
I've only tried the acetate a couple times. It seemed like a less potent version of the hydroxy with more sedation and nausea, which only lasted the first 1-2 hours. The acetoxy tryptamines in general feel more clear headed to me.
This is how I feel about a the acetoxy esters of 4-ho tryptamines. So groggy and sleepy. 4-go-moot is a shirt one indeed, also seemed like the trip stopped abruptly.

Caution !!!!
I consider myself fairly experienced with different psychedelics, having done acid numerous times, shrooms, MDMA, 2-CB, 2-CE, 25Nbome, Dipt, DOC, DOM. I was a fool trying this chemical while having a candida overgrowth issue.
I ingested 20mg in water on a fairly full stomach. The comeup and bodyload was intense, strong discomfort in stomach for an hour and half. Afterwards it calmed down and enjoyed the visuals which contained lots of alien-like symbolics. This was back in the end of december last year. Next day had some mild stomach pain when smoking cannabis. In february I started to have weird pains under right ribcage. Got an endoscopy in the beginning of april which showed duodenal erosions. Follow up endoscopy in june showed healing of the erosions although pain and nausea continued, bile reflux was diagnosed. In the last months it has only progressed and now also having intestinal pains. Im quite sure that crap didnt dissolve properly and made its way down to the intestinal track creating mucosal damage when I drank the liquid. Im having bowel movements with black specks all over the place also some blood at times. Going to see a gastroenterologist soon for further testing. Its just crazy how could I mess up my life with just ingesting 20mg in water. The underlying cause is probably the candida overgrowth in my body which triggered the inflammatory response in the intestines. Im just really hoping the damage is reversible somehow and I dont have Crohns :(
Be extremely careful with this substance !!
Havent done any other psychedelics besides smoking weed after the experience in december last year and im 100% sure this RC started the damage.

Cool... good luck with that...

I do mean that, even though I think making a religion around anything isn't the right move, and that doing it around a psychedelic isn't going to help the cause in the eyes of the masses. If you really have a meeting with a DEA agent, have you considered it might be a trap? I realize 4-HO-MiPT isn't illegal, but the "RC" scene has been targeted recently and is very much on the radar and it could certainly be considered an analogue.

Cool... good luck with that...

I do mean that, even though I think making a religion around anything isn't the right move, and that doing it around a psychedelic isn't going to help the cause in the eyes of the masses. If you really have a meeting with a DEA agent, have you considered it might be a trap? I realize 4-HO-MiPT isn't illegal, but the "RC" scene has been targeted recently and is very much on the radar and it could certainly be considered an analogue.

I do not think it is a trap.

Although I would be hesitent to make sure that you do not intend that sample for human consumption nor are you in posession of any for human consumption

I really think arresting him like that woukd look bad. He probably is trying to assess if you are crazy.