View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy 4-HO-MET Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tried 4-ho-met for the first time a couple of days ago. I tripped on LSD for the first time about 3 days earlier, so there was probably some tolerance. I also used some mirtazapine when the LSD was wearing off to help me sleep. It is an antidepressant, and may have also weakened the trip.

I used 22mg, and got to a strong +2 level. It was not particularly deep, though I did get some hints of the cosmic/mystical type of thought and feeling. It reminded me a bit of 4-ho-dipt. It had a unique feel to it, it is not just a substitute for mushrooms.

There was a bit of nausea during the comeup. I was starting to feel it less than 10 minutes after ingesting and about 45-50minutes to peak. There was a plateau lasting about 2.5 hours and a pretty rapid drop off after that. About 4.5 hours after eating it, I was back to baseline.

The visuals were pretty. There was a lot of pastel colors and pretty swirling patterns. Corners were and straight edges were all warped. There was a lot of different colors, more than I usually get from mushrooms. Everything had a glossy appearance and it looked like things were splattered with irredescent dew drops. Visuals were stronger than I'd expect for the mental intensity.

The body feeling was very nice.
It had about the best body high of any tryptamine, with lots of pleasant sensations and a warm glowing feel. DPT is another tryptamine with a great body high, perhaps the only one better than 4-ho-met in that respect.

I really can't find anything I dislike about this substance. It could possibly turn out to be my favorite of the 4-ho/aco's. I'll have to try it again, at a higher dose and without tolerance from a recent trip. Then I can find out if it has the depth of the best psychs. I think it will be a really good one.

Hmm, I'm starting to think that perhaps I may be slightly sensitive to some tryptamines... of course, you had a tolerance Tryptamine Dreamer, but 22 mg was pretty far out for me, and 24 blew me away! (although I'd still be quite comfortable going higher).

I agree about the body high... on a low dose it felt so feline ... I just wanted to streeetch and purrrr and bask in the hazy rays of an alien green sun...

^ you're not alone, 24mg of psilocin rocked my world completely, resulting in a state of total incapacitation/ego death.

^^ This is 4-HO-MET (metocin I suppose), not psilocin. psilly!

Tryptamine*Dreamer said:
The visuals were pretty. There was a lot of pastel colors and pretty swirling patterns. Corners were and straight edges were all warped. There was a lot of different colors, more than I usually get from mushrooms. Everything had a glossy appearance and it looked like things were splattered with irredescent dew drops. Visuals were stronger than I'd expect for the mental intensity.

This is exactly how I would describe the visuals (and did describe them)... pretty remarkable at the similarities people are finding in this substance. I do look forward to the day when I will try this one again, with zero tolerance and having not tripped in a good long time. :)

ate 40 mg 4-HO-MET fumarate today, didn't impress me much. most notably is the fast onset of this material, first alert was noticed only 8 minutes after oral ingestion.

i should add that my unusual high tolerance to tryptamines may be due to my medication with efectin, or my high body weight.

later in the experience, i decided to see how tryptamines combine with smoking salvia. this reminded me why i haven't done salvia for so long - weird and unpleasant, these two words summarize the salvia experience best for me.

Does anyone have an idea if there are any interactions between this drugs and SSRI? I guess not, but maybe someone knows.

Yes, there is an interaction between all psychedelics and SSRIs. SSRIs modulate the serotonin system, and psychedelics act on the serotonin system. it's a bit hard to say how they will react for you... it shouldn't be a dangerous combination, but many people say it's really hard to have a good trip while on SSRIs. Then again, some say it's not.

I had good trips whileon fluoxetine. They were just, well, less scary. I was always on the safe side; the abyss just wasn't as abysmal. Sure was insightful though and I did get a lot out of those trips... acid, mostly.

Ouch. This pumps my brain up into mega mode, see-through-it-all madness. Add fear of death and awkward physical symptoms (high heart rate, if i can trust my judgment under psychedelic influence) and you've got a classic difficult experience. This could have happened with any psychedelic I've tried though - but 4-ho-met is the most abysmal - effective - of them.

Power-wired mega-hallucinating mind that doesn't find any joy in seeing pretty patterns at all.

This was at 33 mg. Dunno if I really had tachychardia. I could move as normal, but my hands felt sparklingly numb like they do when they don't get enough blood.

hmm interesting reports Mjall, can you make a comparison with this one to 4-HO-DMT (pure) or mushrooms?

I'm thinking of trying some soon and am excited how close it it to psilocin! :D

Well, I haven't tried mushrooms or psilocin so I can't compare. I have to add that I really dosed 40 mg. I first intended to dose 33 mg, and I got it messed up in my previous post.

I have another question regarding psilocin compared to 4-ho-met, though. I've read reports on the toxicity of psilocybin, stating that you need several times normal dose per kilogram of bodyweight (orally) to reach LD50. Since psilocin and 4-ho-met are supposedly similar in action, is it likely that 4-ho-met has some toxicity, and a dramatically lower lethal dose? Or can it be taken for granted that you have to eat thousands of dollars worth to die from it?

I sure felt like I was dying, but that was most certainly my brain playing tricks on me. 40 mg shouldn't be a problem. But is it likely that this substance has an LD50 so low that you actually have to care about it?

Where is the source for this supposed toxicity of psilocybin? I haven't heard of this. At least not without huge doses (way huger than anyone would take). Also realize that psilocybin is 4-PO-DMT (4-phosphoryloxy-DMT), whereas 4-HO-DMT is psilocin (4-hydroxy-DMT). My belief is that they are not identical. I believe this because the 4-AcO-tryptamines were theoreized to be identical in action to the 4-HO-tryptamines, the same as the 4-PO-tryptamines are, but I find that to be just plain untrue for the acetoxies.

Xorkoth said:
Where is the source for this supposed toxicity of psilocybin? I haven't heard of this. At least not without huge doses (way huger than anyone would take). Also realize that psilocybin is 4-PO-DMT (4-phosphoryloxy-DMT), whereas 4-HO-DMT is psilocin (4-hydroxy-DMT). My belief is that they are not identical. I believe this because the 4-AcO-tryptamines were theoreized to be identical in action to the 4-HO-tryptamines, the same as the 4-PO-tryptamines are, but I find that to be just plain untrue for the acetoxies.

For simplicity's sake, I was talking about Psilocin. And you have to take really huge doses to die from psilocin. Read 19600 mg somewhere. Somewhere around "enormous" at least. It's the vasoconstriction which stops the heart (correct me if I'm wrong). My question was if it can be taken 4 granted (eheh) that 4(ehehe)-ho-met is similar in this regard.

I wouldn't take it for granted, but I would assume it does for safety's sake. Still, I would hardly call either toxic by any means. Most any drug can kill you in obscene amounts. :) (you probably realize this but I wanted to be complete in my response)

My personalexperience is that 4-HO-MET feels somewhat safer than 4-HO-DMT, just because for me it's much gentler and less overwhelming. I have absolutely no proof however.

Xorkoth said:
I wouldn't take it for granted, but I would assume it does for safety's sake. Still, I would hardly call either toxic by any means. Most any drug can kill you in obscene amounts. :) (you probably realize this but I wanted to be complete in my response)

My personalexperience is that 4-HO-MET feels somewhat safer than 4-HO-DMT, just because for me it's much gentler and less overwhelming. I have absolutely no proof however.

Of course I know anything kills you, silly ;)

Ok. Ever felt serious physical... Illness? On any of them?

I doubt anyone has looked into it, but I would imagine that the toxicities of the simple 4-hydroxy-N,N-dialkyltrypamines and their PO and AcO esters are all fairly similar, with a high theraputic index.

I bloody well hope so after my accidental ingestion of ~150mg of 4-HO-MET anyway! =D

Even that led to no long-lasting negative physical effects. Body load on the comedown was uncomoftable, bit of internal discomfort, and sleep was not achieved until 12 hours after, otherwise nothing serious.

Mjäll said:
Of course I know anything kills you, silly ;)

Ok. Ever felt serious physical... Illness? On any of them?

Nope... on 4-HO-DMT I have been convinced I was dying (on more than one occasion) but due to an existential crisis, not a physical reaction. It can feel extremely intense, but it feels clean on the body. It raises heart rate for sure, but really it seems due to excitement rather than due to a chemically-related increase in blood pressure.

On 4-HI-MET I have never felt anything but comfortable.

UnfortunateSquid - care to tell the tale of this accidental 150mg ingestion? 8o (Please do!)

Oh, okay... I remember that now. :D Did you ever submit it to Erowid?

Status
Not open for further replies.