PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy 4-HO-MET Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
is it possible to snort this compound?
since its fumurate salt.

thought it would require a smaller dose if it does.

Sure it is, yep. Actually, tryptamine freebases are snortable too... they just tend to burn a lot. I wouldn't really recommend insufflation as a good route of administration for many psychedelics, though... for me and many others it seems to reduce the deeper mental effects and increase the body load.

squerll said:
^^Yea, maybe I’ll have to make a p.o box friend
^ I’m starting to wonder if a lot of these other chems in shrooms have a lot more impact on the trip then people have always thought. I know when I play with combs just a little bit of another chemical turns the trip into something very different. I got a chance to try 4-aco-dmt twice and thought it felt way different then mushes so much of it reminded me of n,nDMT, I really want to try the 4-ho-dmt and see for myself how much clearer then mushes it is. I love shrooms but the cloudiness and scattered thoughts really dampens alot of the trips for me.

Yeah, I strongly believe that the mix of alkaloids in mushrooms makes for a unique and more complex trip. I've had 4-HO-DMT alone, and it is quite mushroom-like but definitely crisper, clearer, brighter colors, and lighter on the body. It was really fantastic, actually... a strong ego crusher but easier than mushrooms for me. Similar but definitely different.

/\ agreed. I much prefer pure 4-HO-DMT to whatever the mushroom matrix contains. Crisp and clear and yet very very strong is quite the appropriate description.

Xorkoth said:
Sure it is, yep. Actually, tryptamine freebases are snortable too... they just tend to burn a lot. I wouldn't really recommend insufflation as a good route of administration for many psychedelics, though... for me and many others it seems to reduce the deeper mental effects and increase the body load.

okay, maybe ill try to insufflate 25mg and see what happens.. didnt get quite what i wanted of 25mg oral.

xorky, just read your TR and i'm convinced i have to try this. i thought it was going to be very similar to mushrooms which i have to admit, i wasn't too fond of but this compound sounds very pleasant with not much of a body load. i'm not great at writing so i doubt i'll write a report but i'll come back with my experience once i get the chance to try it out.

I took this for a test run recently, ingesting 24 mg of what I believe to be the fumarate salt. It is a very light gray / off-white color and I suspect a possible loss of potency, probably due to a two month delay in receiving the package.

The only other 4-substituted tryptamine I have tried is miprocin, with which I am experienced. After just one outing with 4-ho-met I can definitely say that they feel very different to me. My trip cohered with all of the observations made thus far -

DMT-like qualities; less out-of-body/remote viewing and more full immersion; quick onset/peak; very friendly, joyous, and outgoing vibe; no profound ego dissolution (yet); not quite as mentally/cognitively deep or insightful as, say, miprocin.

As for some detail about the trip itself, the onset was initiated about 20 minutes after ingestion (miprocin takes a full 60 minutes everytime, like clockwork, for me), reached peak within about 10 minutes, and the peak lasted for about an hour. I was mostly down 2 hours after the peak ended. As always, I smoked a few hits of quality herb right before the peak to smooth things out, although in comparison to miprocin the come-up seemed less jittery and more enveloping.

My trip was mostly devoid of any applicable insight, unlike miprocin, which I consider to be a hotline to the Higher Self and about 210% insightful almost every time. However, it made up for that in the quality of the CEVs and the sheer good-natured gut feeling it had. I was carried by gusts of delighted and uncontrollable laughter for most of the duration of the peak, and it was later reported to me that I had been talking to myself as well, which I was mostly unaware of at the time. In comparison, miprocin is emotionally very neutral for me, and is sometimes downright cold and digital.

As far as I can remember, the main component of the peak involved me cavorting with flying skull-clown heads, 5th dimensional holographic carousel horses, and other various assorted critters calculated to make the naive human gurgle and coo like a baby in a crib watching the whirly toys spin above its head, while the parents, out of sight and mind, are free to take care of their important business. At least this was the suspicion I kept with me, having seen this idea several times in connection with the DMT elves and other such cartoonish creatures of pacifying cheer.

I hope I don't sound ungrateful for the experience! After numerous heavy and electrifying miprocin trips it was enormously refreshing to experience some actual joy and vitality from a tryptamine! But the lack of any real insight very much makes me want to push beyond the sparkly wall of fantasy friends to something of more substance.

I look forward to providing more information as experience is acquired! <3

Thanks for the report! My trials suggest to me that at a higher dose this one will allow for some real access to the collective mind. I haven't tried it again yet, however.

I ingested 20 mg 4-HO-MET fumarate orally today. the onset was remarkably fast, alert was felt about 10 minutes after ingestion, peak at maybe T+45. mild psychedelic intoxication, nice CEVs and some OEVs. total duration was pretty short, now (4 hours after ingestion) I feel mostly sober again.

have you tried 4-HO-DMT to compare?

I'm extremely interested in any more comments you have to say, because after my last MET (just MET) trip I am infatuated with this molecule.

edit - oh yes propylpower I missed your post somehow! Thanks for reporting. I will look forward to what you have to say about this molecule!

samadhi_smiles said:
have you tried 4-HO-DMT to compare?
only in the form of mushrooms - I'd say my 4-HO-MET dose today is comparable to 1.5 grams of psilocybe cubensis in intensity, but the duration of the 4-HO-MET was slightly shorter than shrooms.

hm yes, do you find 4-ho-met less deep than mushrooms? I have heard talk that 4-ho-met may be even deeper than mushrooms for some.

peace and love,
samadhi

ps I may have asked you this before (sorry stoner here!), but have you tried MET to compare? Thats an open question to anybody on this thread whose tried both! I'm very interested in trying to make a connection between DMT and 4-HO-DMT and MET and 4-HO-MET. I've got a bit of a crush on these chemicals ;)

I have now had 3 experiences with 4-ho-met, the first at 24 mg, the second at 20, and the third at 22. It definitely seems to be centered more in the heart/abdomen area... during the onset of my last two trips I felt a sensation like hands rearranging and modifying the contents of my stomach. Navigation is controlled from the chest as well, unlike 4-ho-mipt, where my head does all the work.

The 20 mg trip provided the most insight, unfolding at a pace more suitable for contemplation and comprehension. The 22 mg trip occured 1 week later and while interesting it was clear that the magic had been slightly dulled.

For me, miprocin seems to focus on how I can evolve myself by achieving a more perfect understanding, while metocin has dealt more with themes of acting from the heart and aligning oneself with one's intentionality.

Two of my trips were extremely giggly.

I have seen or felt entities during all three trips.

The visuals are always exquisite. My room appears slathered in iridescent opalescent pearly crystalline goo... the interior of the house slowly shifts into an opulent persian palace...lots of greens and blues, everything shimmering and sparkling.

On miprocin my friends look like complete strangers. On metocin they just look like my friends... with extra big white toothy bugs bunny smiles.

I suppose in some ways 4-ho-met could provide access to a deeper space than mushrooms, but both it, 4-ho-mipt, and presumably the other 4-substituted tryptamines seem to have a certain specificity of focus and presentation that perhaps makes them more suited to the development and fine-tuning of particular aspects of oneself, whereas mushrooms provide the whole picture. But then the fungus is my primary ally, so I may be somewhat biased in that assessment. :)

samadhi_smiles said:
hm yes, do you find 4-ho-met less deep than mushrooms? I have heard talk that 4-ho-met may be even deeper than mushrooms for some.
hmm... the experience today was not very deep, but who knows what happens on a higher dose? I have to admit that I am pretty heavy and tend to need higher doses sometimes. I'll tell you after I've tried it at a higher dose. :)

samadhi_smiles said:
ps I may have asked you this before (sorry stoner here!), but have you tried MET to compare?
I don't see direct parallels between 4-HO-MET and MET, apart from the fact that they are both tryptamines and as such pretty similar. it rather reminds me of other 4-HO substituted tryptamines from the RC market.

do you not suppose that there will be meaningful properties of the experience that overlap between 4-HO-MET and MET as a result of the MET molecule? I'm not terribly good at neuropharmacology (read completely untrained!), so perhaps this is a jibberish idea of mine.

I dont know yet personally as I still need to fill in some blanks so to speak with 4-HO-MET and then gain more experience with 4-HO-DMT.

samadhi_smiles said:
do you not suppose that there will be meaningful properties of the experience that overlap between 4-HO-MET and MET as a result of the MET molecule? I'm not terribly good at neuropharmacology (read completely untrained!), so perhaps this is a jibberish idea of mine.
I see your idea, but it seems that the ring substitution is more important to the character of a tryptamine than the N-substitution.

think of DiPT, 4-HO-DiPT and 5-MeO-DiPT, for example. pretty different substances. well, on the other hand, some people also report auditary effects from foxy...

yes that was one piece of the puzzle for me.

personal experience with DMT, 4-AcO-DMT, and 4-HO-DMT have led me to believe that there is some properties that result from the parent base molecule.

I need more experience though and I need to hear more about others' experience!

That's why I love ya'll's comments...they are so precious to our understanding of these chemicals!

lol sorry a little tipsy =D
samadhi

A couple of details that I forgot to mention:

At the peak of my ~20 mg trip I experienced some sort of shapeshifting / metamorphosis / transmorgrification that was quite unlike anything I've ever encountered before. I felt like I had become some sort of magickal....creature. Like a mossy, enchanted troll, or something... very strange. Of course I've had all kinds of ego distortions and contortions before, but this seemed strikingly different.

At 24 I was blown away but didn't seem to have any ego loss. At 22 a slight tolerance muted insight but rather far out, etheric, serene ego loss was present.

ungelesene_bettlek said:
I see your idea, but it seems that the ring substitution is more important to the character of a tryptamine than the N-substitution.

think of DiPT, 4-HO-DiPT and 5-MeO-DiPT, for example. pretty different substances. well, on the other hand, some people also report auditary effects from foxy...

Yes, I have tried all three and I found audio effects for 5-MeO-DiPT for sure, not insignificant ones. Although not even touching on DiPT's audio effects. DiPT's audio effects produced one of the most impressive yet subtle trips of my life, a truly memorable experience. 5-MeO-DiPT shifted the pitch down a bit, that's it.

I would be surprised if MET and 4-HO-MET didn't share some characteristics. Although I traded my MET away to a certain someone without ever trying it. Silly me! 8)

Status
Not open for further replies.