• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines The Big & Dandy 4-HO-MET Thread - Part 3 - 4-HO-ME's for life

I think if you take enough of almost any psychedelic it can produce a profound experience, up to and including ego death. Toxicity concerns notwithstanding of course, but with tryptamines, lysergamides, etc there should be plenty of room to get to an ego-death-inducing dose.

4-HO-MET really is probably one of my favourite psychedelics, I really do think fondly on all my experiences... although I haven't really been one to take truly heroic dosages so far, I'm sure I will do at some point. While I would agree with the idea that there is less headfuck, and have even described it in this exact way myself (maybe even just a little earlier in this very thread) I like to think of it moreso as being a "friendlier" compound, more willing to hold your hand, so to speak while leading you through the psychedelic depths... Compared to psilocin and psilacetin on the other hand which basically just throw you in at the deep end leaving you to sink or swim. If you do manage to swim they might show up at the end to congratulate you, but if you sink they'll probably just be like pfft fuck this and leave you to work things out on your own.

While I'm anthropomorphising psychedelics, I will say that my sense of LSD is that it's a somewhat neutral chemical, not necessarily friendly but also not a particularly harsh teacher, also the lysergamide-brick-road typically doesn't go quite as deep as the 4-substituted family.

I always end up comparing 4-HO/Aco-DMT/MET, obviously they're all very close to each other, but I must try some of the other 4-subs so I can broaden my analogies...

im thinking of dosing like 300 mgs. my friend dosed 200 of this batch. and had a great time. I take big doses of 4 aco dmt all the time though. like 200 mgs

Holy shit I can't imagine... in some ways I'm envious you can handle those kinds of dosages, in some ways I'm glad I can't :oops:
Can you trip on say 20mg of 4-AcO-DMT or is that just way too weak for someone like you?

I would feel it I imagine. IV I would get a trip I'm sure. I just am used to very large doses about once a month. I like the visions. I just lay in bed in the dark

^ Wow, that's hardcore. :giggle: Are you planning on IVing this 300mg? Or just taking it orally?

That's probably one of the purest ways to experience a psychedelic I think, although I think lying down in the dark might be about all I could handle on such a large dose.

I would honestly love to hear more about the nature of these super high dose vision quests, I haven't read too many reports of such purely internal experiences on heroic doses...

I wont be IVing that high of a dose no, but I will take it orally. honestly I find heroic doses of 4 subs to be the ultimate in psychedelia

I wont be IVing that high of a dose no, but I will take it orally. honestly I find heroic doses of 4 subs to be the ultimate in psychedelia

Yikes. I once took 80mg of 4-ho-met followed an hour later by 300mg 4-aco-dmt and was convinced I was dying (for some reason I got the idea in my head that I had serotonin syndrome). I was also under the impression that given how far out there I had gotten, I would have trouble seeing things the same way again, and if I survived I would require weeks in a psych ward. I had my girlfriend take me to the hospital, and of course, despite my blood pressure being through the roof, I was fine. After it wore off I was discharged and unaffected by the experience (although I saw something so grotesque my stomach turns when I think of it -- essentially a sort of hell that i was sucked into where i was pulled into an ocean these black and white swirls).

Has anyone else tried 4-ho-met freebase? Its my favorite ROA as any unpleasant onset is absent. The salts can be smoked, but its best to convert to freebase.

I just want to get a 4 aco dmt type trip. I'm sure I can do it if I dose high enough. I find al the powerful psychedelics take me to the same place with equipotent dosages

I had my girlfriend take me to the hospital, and of course, despite my blood pressure being through the roof, I was fine.
Is high blood pressure a significant risk with this kind of dosage? Or do you think it was just high because of your panicked state? Did they administer any treatment for this? ie, benzodiazepines I guess.

I'm guessing either way, however, that you did not find such a high dose to be too confusing or disorientating to be interacting with the world as you were talking to your girlfriend and such...

Did either of you guys build up to these high doses gradually or just jump in at the deep end right away?

What's with people taking such high doses ? 25 mg of any 4-Subbed tryptamine has me tripping decently hard. I've never felt the desire to dose higher. Maybe I'll try taking 30 or so of this one. Its the most forgiving between 4-HO-MET, -MIPT and -DMT, it seems.But its also is the most stimulating in my experience, so I worry about jittery over-stimulation and elevated heart rate if I take too much.

Still, maybe I should give it a try someday. Can't imagine ever taking three digit doses though. That's just insane to me.

I've taken 40mg of 4-HO-MiPT before and tripped really hard, one time I bag washed it also which was obviously more but no way was it even close to 200mg... and I tripped TOO hard. I can't imagine taking such a high dose either. And in general I'm pretty hard-headed.

I'd be down to go to like 60mg probably, with some of them. The first time I ever took 4-AcO-DMT I took 30mg and actually blacked out for most of the peak, I have no memory of it.

What's with people taking such high doses ?

Seriously. I've taken 25mg of 4-HO-MET in nature and had full body orgasms for 20-30 minutes. I've taken 15mg as a low dose and been on a solid trip.

Well I took 1000 mgs of metocin. Had a profound ego death. And was very intense. As for the high doses. That's just what it takes me to breakthrough honestly. 25 mg would probably just make me feel weird at this point. And anyone reading this. Do not take my doses. I'm very hard headed and seem to have a natural tolerance. That said I prefer 4 HO met to 4 aco I think. 0 body load. Felt very lysergic I had ego death and lost who I was but that's my favourite part. The closed eye visuals didn't reach intense religious themes like 4 ACO dmt or nn Dmt but the headspace was there and it was very spiritual for me

Is high blood pressure a significant risk with this kind of dosage? Or do you think it was just high because of your panicked state? Did they administer any treatment for this? ie, benzodiazepines I guess.

Serotonergic psychedelics can cause pretty severe hypertension at high doses (potentially with fatal results in overdoses). I had already taken around 12mg of etizolam by the time I got there, so it wasn't really anxiety induced but caused by the drug itself (i was actually pretty calm by then). My blood pressure upon arrival according to the print out they gave me afterwards was 188/118 which is very high and not good for the organs, and is approaching hypertensive crisis.

Something simply came over me where I just got this sense that I was going to die, and I couldn't think logically to realize that wasn't going to happen.

The only reason why I took such a foolish dose was the etizolam I had consumed earlier. Benzos put this unfilleable emptiness in me that result in massively increased consumption of drugs. In combination with the disinhibition and balls of steel it gives me, it made it seem like those doses would be viable. But i was wrong, because that dose was absolutely terrifying no matter how many etizolam i could pop. I believe the etizolam allowed me to stay relatively coherent.

I am very sensitive to 4-aco-dmt in particular and would never dose more than 35mg normally. In this case i took more than 10x that dose in concert with a giant dose of 4-ho-met. I can't imagine how much more terrifying it would have been without benzos.

I would advise the person who claims to be taking frequent high doses of these 4-subbed tryptamines to reconsider as sustained blood pressure can be damaging to a number of organ systems.

Jesus christ, 1000mg? Didn't someone actually OD on like a gram of psilocin once and die?

OntarioGuy, that's a nuts tolerance! I've completely lost who I am on a tiny fraction of the dose. I know you already said it, but just for the sake of anyone else reading this... that is not normal, please do not ever dose that high or even remotely close to it.

Jesus christ, 1000mg? Didn't someone actually OD on like a gram of psilocin once and die?

OntarioGuy, that's a nuts tolerance! I've completely lost who I am on a tiny fraction of the dose. I know you already said it, but just for the sake of anyone else reading this... that is not normal, please do not ever dose that high or even remotely close to it.

Yes it is very unusual. I can't stress enough that no one try this. I did it in 2 doses as well. One 300 mg dose and a 700 mg dose about 3 hours later. I just have a weird tolerance and I can handle a lot. Do not try my dosages. I just want to repeat that.

As far as OD'ING goes. I'm not sure. But I will say I had no body load and it felt very clean. This is not weak 4 ho met either. Came from a great Canadian vendor. And I've seen people blown away by 25 mgs. My cousins GF had an intense experience on 12.5 mgs. But I've been dabbling in high dosages for ever a year now. I take a huge dose once a month. And I'm sure there is still residual tolerance after even that amount of time since my doses are so large. (Last trip before this one was 300 mgs of 4 aco dmt with 700 mgs of MET.) Again. Don't attempt. I just wanted to share my experience

Last edited:
Hello. So I trialed this substance last night and it was a good reintroduction into psychedelic usage for myself. My SO, it was her first time and she had a rough patch but it ended up turning out alright and ended on a positive note so that is all good. My question is about combinations. Has anyone tried combining either MET, MiPT or DPT with this material? If so, how was it? If not, do you think it is a bad idea?

I tried metocin at approximately 20mgs last night with about 13mgs 4-aco-dmt and had a good trip but it was quite lackluster in the visuals department. I am going to be experimenting with 4-ho-mipt as well as all the previously mentioned tryptamines in the coming months. Any experience with combinations of these would be helpful.

Hey, gang. I recently received some of this apparently wonderful substance. I haven't tried it yet, but I have a question..

This stuff is supposed to be off white, right? Because mine is full on brown. Not a super dark brown, but firmly brown. I shouldn't be worried, should I?

Zeta:

Brown 4-substituted tryptamines are impure, but it only takes a very slight impurity to alter the color and I haven't yet heard of people having any health problems using brown tryptamines or requiring significantly higher dosages than with white tryptamines, and we haven't had issues with the ones we've gotten that way yet either. Take it at your own risk as always, but it's probably fine, as much as you can say that about these things.