View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy 4-HO-MET Thread - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
^That's why you shouldn't consume biblical or new-age garbage about such absurd notions as higher powers or judgement. It isn't necessarily the 4-HO-MET which is any more likely to cause this to happen than any other psychedelic, it's just that those concepts were what your subconscious was ruminating upon at the time you decided to trip.

Yeah but on the comedown I was really overstimulated and my thoughts were moving a mile a minute which also kind of had something to do with it. Surely it wasn't just the 4-ho-MET, also I read xorkoth's 2c-e report that was about 'Nonbeing' right before this happened so that might have subconsciously added to my confusion and paranoia. http://www.erowid.org/experiences/exp.php?ID=48983

It's weird that a lot of you are suddenly mentioning stimmy comedowns and heart oddities. I don't remember reading anything of the kind in the old 4-HO-MET thread, nor did my friends and I encounter any issues of the sort when we had this stuff a year ago. Makes me wonder if there's a bad or cut batch going around. Those kind of issues aren't characteristic of the 4-sub tryptamines.

Those kind of issues aren't characteristic of the 4-sub tryptamines.

I had the same type of confusing comedown from 4-aco-dmt last time I did it as well.

However I recently did a smaller dose of miprocin that didn't have the confusing comedown.

I think it may have to do with dopamine, but that's just a hunch. I suppose it also could have to do with impurities or degradation or it being 'cut,' etc

This past weekend I tried 25mg of 4-HO-MET with almost no results. My friends also tried it and had an amazing time on it so I know the batch was good. I have also tried 4-ACO-DMT before with the same non-result. Do you think that I just have a very high tolerance to 4- tryptamines? The only other thing I can think of was that the night before I tried the 4-HO-MET I did a combo of 5-MeO-MIPT and MDMA. Could the MDMA have created the tolerance?

This past weekend I tried 25mg of 4-HO-MET with almost no results. My friends also tried it and had an amazing time on it so I know the batch was good. I have also tried 4-ACO-DMT before with the same non-result. Do you think that I just have a very high tolerance to 4- tryptamines? The only other thing I can think of was that the night before I tried the 4-HO-MET I did a combo of 5-MeO-MIPT and MDMA. Could the MDMA have created the tolerance?

Maybe, but even more likely it was the 5-MeO-MIPT.
Psychedelics create cross-tolerance for a few days.

^ It was almost certainly the 5-MeO-MiPT, and to some extent the MDMA too. Taking psychedelics on consecutive days doesn't work very effectively and you can require anywhere from 1.5-2.5x your regular dose to get the same effects. Try to give it at least a week between trips, ideally 2+, and when you're really wanting to trip on consecutive days for example for a multiple day music festival, be prepared to increase your dose each day accordingly.

^ It was almost certainly the 5-MeO-MiPT, and to some extent the MDMA too. Taking psychedelics on consecutive days doesn't work very effectively and you can require anywhere from 1.5-2.5x your regular dose to get the same effects. Try to give it at least a week between trips, ideally 2+, and when you're really wanting to trip on consecutive days for example for a multiple day music festival, be prepared to increase your dose each day accordingly.

I had thought it might have been the the 5-MeO-MIPT too but I had a couple friends that had taken it on consecutive days as well and the 4-HO-MET worked for them. I think I'm going to wait a couple weeks and give it another shot on a clean system and see what happens. If I get nothing then I'll have to assume that 4- tryptamines just aren't going to work for me.

Yeah but on the comedown I was really overstimulated and my thoughts were moving a mile a minute which also kind of had something to do with it. Surely it wasn't just the 4-ho-MET, also I read xorkoth's 2c-e report that was about 'Nonbeing' right before this happened so that might have subconsciously added to my confusion and paranoia. http://www.erowid.org/experiences/exp.php?ID=48983

I've read that trip report too. It's a marvellous report, but I can see how it could influence your trip if you read it just before! I've been quite a fan of Xorky's library, he's definitely written some of the better trip reports out there.

I had thought it might have been the the 5-MeO-MIPT too but I had a couple friends that had taken it on consecutive days as well and the 4-HO-MET worked for them. I think I'm going to wait a couple weeks and give it another shot on a clean system and see what happens. If I get nothing then I'll have to assume that 4- tryptamines just aren't going to work for me.

They will definitely work for you, you just need to find the right dose. Remember that psychedelics are different for everybody, and each person has their own unique sensitivities and idiosynchrasies. I'm sure individual neurochemistries come in to play here.

Just try it on a day when you haven't used any psychedelics for at least a week, with 2 weeks being better. Even MDMA can have a cross tolerance with psychs.

It's weird that a lot of you are suddenly mentioning stimmy comedowns and heart oddities. I don't remember reading anything of the kind in the old 4-HO-MET thread

Then you didn't read too often as Hoffmanblotter and me talked about this already. The first 3 times there was never a problem, just later. So I simply stopped using it ;)

I have definitely had very stimulated trips on both 4-HO-MET and 4-HO-MiPT. I think the HO varieties of the 4-sub-trypts have a very stimulating edge. I do not find this with 4-AcO-DMT (the only 4-Aco-Trypt I've tried). In fact, quite the opposite. I find 4-Aco-DMT very sedating. I took 25mg 4-HO-MiPT last night, and was so stimulated, I was pacing my driveway having internal battles into infinity. I finally locked myself in my basement and spun records til 3 am. It sure was a fun night though. No negatives, just excessive stimulation that at times felt like my heart was beating pretty heavily, and I could tell my blood pressure was elavated. No worse than a night of MDMA/6 apb or cocaine. I don't think the high grade weed and the cigarettes helped at all.

I did a very light 5 or 10 mg trip yesterday, it was very enjoyable, went for a long hike, saw some (real) animals and had some light visuals early on. It definitely improved my mood, I was down a little today but I think that's due to drinking too much last night (gotta stop that) and other things in my life. One wacky thing I noticed though is that one of my pupils was way more dilated than the other. I looked closely and I'm certain that it wasn't a hallucination or other optical illusion. One of my pupils was definitely, very visibly, more dilated than the other. I don't know if that's common or not.

Yes, it is quite common to have your pupils dilating at different sizes. If you look for long enough, you will notice that they both fluctuate in size constantly.

Do you possibly have migraine-like headaches or something along these lines? A friend of mine and I myself do more or less frequently and we tend to have differing degrees of mydriasis too. No idea if there really is a link between these conditions, I just realized the possibility.

Do you possibly have migraine-like headaches or something along these lines? A friend of mine and I myself do more or less frequently and we tend to have differing degrees of mydriasis too. No idea if there really is a link between these conditions, I just realized the possibility.

No I don't get headaches often, and never had a migraine.

4-ho-met + 4-fmp combo

I'm planning on trying out 4-ho-met with 4-fmp tonight for my birthday party in a club, with mellow music and good friends. Kind of like a 4-fmp+2c-x combo of which I have plenty of experience.
I was wondering if anybody has any experience with this combination? Can't seem to find any reports.
I'm expecting nothing but goodness from this one, and going for a dose of 90mg 4-fmp and 20mg 4-ho-met, any comments?

Last edited:
No answer sadly but here are my findings ;)
The 4-HO-MET + 4-FMP combo was a great succes! I stuck to 90mg 4-fmp and 20mg 4-ho-met dosages I planned on doing and it turned out to be a good fun and sociable experience.
There were good visuals, nothing extreme ( we were out so then generally my visuals are a little less), great mood and lots of interesting conversations.
I found this combo to be more sociable than 4-fmp + 2c-x, which for me is more distracting and trippy. I did find the music appretiation a little less than with 2c-x but still very nice, so I'll stick to the combo with 4-ho-met for social occasions and with 2c-x for parties. Oh and 4-ho-met is waaaay more funny :)

Status
Not open for further replies.