View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy 4-HO-MET Thread - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've found metocin roughly equipotent with 4-ACO-DMT & 4-Ho-MiPT. 4-HO-MET & MIPT seem a little less serious though, IMO.

BUMP for my fave psychedelic! Still loving 4-HO-MET after several attempts, albeit at very small doses (~5 mg). Beautiful plum-colored, neon-tinged visuals with an energetic/giddy body high. One thing I've noticed more with repeated use is its effect on sound. Every little sound is magnified and altered on 4-HO-MET in a really unique way. Good shite! :)

^ i think he means as in less deep, more recreational. laughing at absurd things and light conversation, as oppose to confronting personal issues and deeply suppressed emotional content as can happen with mushrooms, for instance

Surprised to see how many fans this has, I found 4-HO-MET very much along the lines of generic. Potent, but nothing special.

Honestly, the only two lab-created 4-XX-tryptamines I really enjoyed to any great extent were 4-AcO-DMT and 4-Ho-DiPT. All the rest were more of the same, or little of what is good.

I agree wholeheartedly. 4-HO-MET is extremely generic, the least deep 4-sub I've tried. Energetic and visual, but it lacks depth. For me it's just a recreational psychedelic, even insanely high doses produce nothing but very strong visuals and a strong bodyload. A good beginner's psychedelic IME.

Regarding other 4-subs I disagree though, 4-AcO-DMT is the best psychedelic ever, but there are also other great 4-subs like 4-AcO-DPT, 4-HO-DPT and 4-AcO-DET. 4-HO-MiPT is like a slightly more spiritual version of 4-HO-MET, I think they are quite similiar and both are generic though.

You fellows saying it's generic or shallow, you just haven't pushed the envelope with it yet. Try it at twice the dose, and then come back and tell me it's generic. :) I too love iprocin (although it has been a long time since I've had it), and it is definitely the 'odd one out' from the bunch (in a good way). But I feel 4-HO-MET is significantly different enough from shrooms to be worthy in it's own right. At strong doses it has been WOWing, with some fundamental (and mindblowing) insights about self/universe that have stood the rigorous testing of time.

I can see why some feel it is "generic" at lower doses, because it has such a clean head high. But there definitely is much more to it than that. You just haven't seen it yet.

You fellows saying it's generic or shallow, you just haven't pushed the envelope with it yet. Try it at twice the dose, and then come back and tell me it's generic. :) I too love iprocin (although it has been a long time since I've had it), and it is definitely the 'odd one out' from the bunch (in a good way). But I feel 4-HO-MET is significantly different enough from shrooms to be worthy in it's own right. At strong doses it has been WOWing, with some fundamental (and mindblowing) insights about self/universe that have stood the rigorous testing of time.

I can see why some feel it is "generic" at lower doses, because it has such a clean head high. But there definitely is much more to it than that. You just haven't seen it yet.

I've tried 4-HO-MET with very high doses, it gives a very energetic, almost electric rush that feels amazingly cosmic. But mostly it just increases the visuals (which are very strong) and the bodyload. I like 4-HO-MET but I really have to push hard to get anything spiritual or introspective from it. With other 4-subs the spiritual feeling comes "automatically", 4-HO-MET is just so clear-headed. I don't get the immersive feeling from it. I don't know how much I would have to take to really be immersed, even 40 mg isn't enough. Also the energetic feeling is distracting for me, the focus is mostly on the physical feeling, not the mental. But we're all different, some say DPT is easy to manage, I find it to be one of the most powerful and "serious" psychedelics there are, vey hard to manage. 4-HO-MET is too easy to manage for me, it doesn't take me away to an immersive psychedelic ride.

Different strokes for different folks. Personally, needing to 'push the envelope' is the kiss of death for me. I like psychedelics that work, and work well, at any dosage. All of my favorite psychedelics have one thing in common....I am wowed at +2 level dosages, or +3 level dosages. If a substance is so lacking in content, that I have to push it to extreme levels, it is not worth taking again from my point of view.

^ I haven't dipped into my bag of 4-HO-MET fumarate yet, but insufflation worked like a charm for every other 4-substituted tryptamine fumarate salt I've done. It's the first ROA I plan to use on 4-HO-MET. I'd say go for it.

hello everyone i had a quick question, i have some 4 ho met in capsules stored within a tan colored glass vile (the vile has a nice seal it had emyl nitrate in it originally i cleaned/dried it out properly) i was wondering if i put the vile in the refridgerator would the capsules and my 4 ho met be fine, also how quickly would it degrade at room temperature stored in the vile within some bags with oxygen asorbers, room temp would be 67-74 degrees?

i didnt want the capsules to get wet or anything and dissolve in the fridgerator before i asked here and made sure thatd work, any advice would be really appreciated thanks

Just a slight word of caution. I've done HO-MET four times now. I've noticed that after the first experiment I would get heart "populations" had to describe but there was definitely something interesting going on in my chest. Went away after I started ignoring it, lasted maybe three days. Also my tear ducts have been acting crazy lately. Not sure if it's Ho-Met related I just wanted to put out as much info as I can, So watch your heart and don't cry to much:)

UPDATE: 7mg intranasal last night was pretty much awesome. felt quite like 1g dried cubensis for me. I'm somewhat very sensitive to tryptamines though... finally a good trade for my amphetamine hardheadyness.

Glad to hear it was a success! :) You do get more bang for your buck, with insufflated 4-sub trypts. I'm able to get a pretty solid rush of psychedelia from only 12 mg intranasal 4-AcO-DMT. Considering that these chemicals aren't exactly dirt cheap, it's nice to conserve.

Just a slight word of caution. I've done HO-MET four times now. I've noticed that after the first experiment I would get heart "populations" had to describe but there was definitely something interesting going on in my chest. Went away after I started ignoring it, lasted maybe three days. Also my tear ducts have been acting crazy lately. Not sure if it's Ho-Met related I just wanted to put out as much info as I can, So watch your heart and don't cry to much:)

HA, heart "populations" are the worst. Its actually "palpitations" and the one time i did 4-ho-met before the cops took it away from me, 16mg made my heart beat abnormal on the come down. 4-ho-met felt very stimulating to me that one time. Weird blood pressure feelings and such. Amazing visuals though. Wish i had 500mg again :(

Last edited:
hello everyone, i have recently got a chance to try a full dose of metocin 20mg fumarate oral and 5-8mg insullfated, was a very pleasant experience imo. it was alot lighter mentally than i expected, come up was a little rough and bodyload was apparent but nothing that really bothered me(stretching/meditation and moving around helped alot), this uncomfortable feeling didnt last long.

cev's impressed me more than oev's, oevs was pretty but kind of dull and flat ime, had lots of textures covering the ceilings and walls/carpets, also objects and walls would seem really large in size at times, seen lots of pastel like colors, this could be just me though i plan to give it another shot somtime in the future to see how another trial goes in a different mind state. I enjoyed the overall feel and body high the most, i felt very peaceful and content, went very well with cannabis for me which is a plus.

im looking for somthing more mentally complex now i think i will go for 4 aco dmt and 4 aco mipt next time, i could think very clear the whole time was almost sober mentally alot of the time which surprised me, still very potent stuff but soft like a pillow imo.

take it easy everyone

I've had around half a dozen trips on metocin now, most of them 20 mg oral. I've gone as low as 10 mg oral. One time I tried insuflation, though I was fairly drunk and have no idea what the dose was (I know, very irresponsible). I've had my current batch for around six months, and my last 20 mg trip didn't seem to be quite as powerful as others. I'm suspecting that my metocin may be degrading. Or perhaps I just know what to expect.

Soon, maybe tomorrow, I'm planning on eating 3.5 g of shrooms then insuflating 20 mg of (possibly degraded) metocin just before the peak. Has anyone tried the mushroom-metocin combo before? Any recommendations on the ROA for metocin?

just dropped by this thread to give recent trips conclusions on this chem....
used around 21mg 4-ho-met, that was indeed kept at room temp in dark dry place for at least 6months, so some degradation might be there. anyway, this was the first time i noticed some negative effects, perhaps due to other factors, but definetly substance influenced...

first the negative: there were some heart palpitations, and reading about this side effect beforehand might have primed me for noticing this. but indeed, for at least half an hour i felt my heart beats, and at times even a stinging sensation. it was all very manageable with calming music and positive thoughts though. visually i wasnt as impressed as i was before on previous trips. perhaps the degradation is taking its toll, but this felt like a very light trip even by my standards.

the positive: once the comeup was done and the trip settled in, it was very nice. the mood was waaay high, music sounded beautiful, i was overall in a very nice place. not very complicated thoughts, the cevs and oevs were minimal, but nice nonetheless. if i had known this was the plateau, i might have even considered going out or having company.... again, this chem showed an erotic push to it... pleasant to say the least, the orgasm was shattering.

i think in the future i will try either a higher dose from my degraded batch, or perhaps just insufflate it during another trip, perhaps aMT. at this level i dont think it is worth it for me again. its strange because i usually like low dose trips that just at times reach ++... but there is some superficiality to it that isnt satisfying. i dont know how others are, but a ++ on lsd is beautiful and worth remembering, here i was just awake and enjoying myself without much mind expansion.
still this might prove nice for a social outing. certainly more sexy and manageable than a similar 5meo mipt trip....

To me 4-ho-met is far too speedy. The two times I did it i was pacing round the house for hours. A lot of body load as well with strange twitches and stuff. It is euphoric but I much prefer 4 aco dmt.

i do believe some of the speedyness can be relieved by matching the substance with a proper set and setting, such as having a hike or a walk in nature to just use up some of the energy. i bet fresh air wouldve helped with my paplpitations as well...

i do believe some of the speedyness can be relieved by matching the substance with a proper set and setting, such as having a hike or a walk in nature to just use up some of the energy. i bet fresh air wouldve helped with my paplpitations as well...

^ Agreed, while I don't have experience with 4-HO-MET itself I've found that substances that present themselves as too speedy, or that have uncomfortable bodyloads (other than simply nausea) usually just require me to get moving and I feel great. Take it, go for a walk, or take it at a festival and dance some. Try putting your hands to use too and playing an instrument or drawing :)

The one time I did this drug at 25mg oral I felt really really great for the first 5 or so hours (I cried some tears of joy during the peak like most 4-substituted tryptamines will do to me), then all the sudden my heart was beating like CRAZY and I got the most extreme, psychotic paranoia making me feel really cracked out. I literally thought that some sort of 'higher power' was about to descend upon the earth and cast judgement upon the human race or something, luckily about 3 hours later I was able to just shake it off and return to normality but I was acting very schizoid for a few hours of the trip.

Status
Not open for further replies.