• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy 4-HO/ACO-Tryptamines Comparison Thread

If it follows the trend the ACO will be a slightly longer experience.
The HO will be more serious while the ACO is more jovial, happy and visual (though HO-trypts are pretty visual too IME)

I'd love to hear more comparisons from some you connoisseurs.

There's gotta be some of you that have tried both:

4-HO-MET and 4-AcO-MET?
4-HO-DiPT and 4-AcO-DiPT?
4-HO-DET and 4-AcO-DET?
4-HO-MiPT and 4-AcO-MiPT?
4-HO-DPT and 4-AcO-DPT?

4-AcO-DMT and 4-HO-DMT have aready been compared quite a bit, but if anyone can please add more comparisons for the other psilocin homologues and the HO/AcO counterpoints I would truly appreciate it.

Also general feelings toward the differences between the acetate and hydroxy counterpoints would be greatly appreciated.

Maybe I just gotta try em all and see for myself, but if anyone can shed more light I think this is a very important thread that deserves more attention!

Last edited:
of course it is a very worthwhile thread, but half those compounds on your list are either nonexistant or incredibly rare on the grey market.

if you could get me all ten of those compounds, i'd be glad to double-blind test them for you :)

^^ They're out there.
The only ones I can't get or don't have right now are 4-AcO-DPT and 4-HO-DET.
edit: Actually it looks like 4-HO-DET is the only one I can't seem to find. Surely some people have more info!

Looks like I'll have to take the plunge and just grab em all, but it will takes months/years to compare them all!

I'm assuming some of the old-school posters, such as morninggloryseed, egor or xorkoth might have some experience comparing some of these, so I'm looking for any info possible.

Last edited:
I wish (not for the first time) that I'd taken notes or something while I was tryin these. I've done pretty much everything except the dpt and met versions. This is very general I realize, but the mipt and dmt versions really shined, while dipt and det were less seemed lacking, especially in the visuals dept.

After trying these, I sorta wish 4-ho-MET would have been available, my 'guess' is it would be most similar to mushrooms, well, compared to the above. Who knows...
Sorry but nothing is similar to mushrooms, even 4ohDMT is very different.
Perhaps the reason is that mushrooms have a mix of several tryptamines.
It may be interesting to find if there could be a recipe base of 4-sub-tryptamines that is close to the spirit of murshroom, recreating the spirit with chemicals, like a new Frankenstein.

Miprocin seems strong from what I hear. Strong to the point of it being overwhelming? I plan on ordering a gram or 500mg, but not sure which to make up my mind on.

For what it's worth, I swallowed 12 mg of 4-HO-MiPT and then proceeded to insufflate another 4-6 mg and felt only threshold effects. Slightly disturbed thought process, static patterning on the walls, but no full immersion. A sound +2. It had an almost sinister feel to it that, in combination with various reports indicating its unforgiving nature, makes me reluctant to ingest it again until I have more experience.

I've tried both iprocin (4-HO-DiPT) and ipracetin (4-AcO-DiPT). The effects of both can vary a lot, so it's hard to compare the two exactly. But iprocin seems like the more intense one out of the two, much more mystical and ego-annihilating. I usually get entity contacts on iprocin, but rarely on ipracetin, and iprocin has more of the tone-lowering effect on music than ipracetin does (though neither distorts sounds as much as DiPT does). Another difference is that iprocin lasts for a good 24 hours or so for me, while ipracetin is more like 8-10 hours.

^^ A friend of mine said 4-HO-DiPT lasted about 8 hours for him. Very strange indeed. I havent dabbled mine yet, but it seems fairly unpredictable.

Anyways I've got 4-HO-MiPT and 4-HO-DiPT with 4-AcO-MiPT and 4-AcO-DiPT on the way. Also have 4-AcO-DET, but can't locate 4-HO-DET to compare.

4-HO-MET and 4-AcO-MET are on the way along with 4-HO-DPT. If I like 4-HO-DPT I may try 4-AcO-DPT.

The only ones I've tried thus far are 4-HO-MiPT, 4-AcO-DMT and 4-HO/PO-DMT contained in shrooms. I've loved all of the 4-substituted tryptamines so far, 4-AcO-DMT being the best.

4-AcO-DMT is like a mixture of shrooms with low dose DMT, but far more benign with less anxiety compared to mushrooms. Very sedating and euphoric. Not as deep as mushroms, but it does have the potential.

4-HO-MiPT is longer lasting, around 8 hours for me. Similar to mushrooms and seems more serious than 4-AcO-DMT. It seems closer to mushrooms than 4-AcO-DMT. It will be interesting to get a few more experiments under my belt and compere it to 4-AcO-MiPT.

^^ They're out there.
The only ones I can't get or don't have right now are 4-AcO-DPT and 4-HO-DET.
edit: Actually it looks like 4-HO-DET is the only one I can't seem to find. Surely some people have more info!

Looks like I'll have to take the plunge and just grab em all, but it will takes months/years to compare them all!

I'm assuming some of the old-school posters, such as morninggloryseed, egor or xorkoth might have some experience comparing some of these, so I'm looking for any info possible.

I'll finish up the 4-aco-dpt / 4-ho dpt compare and contrast report once summer semester finals are over.

^^ Looking forward to it. Recently grabbed some 4-HO-DPT cuz I'd never seen it offered and wanted to ensure a sample in case it ever disappeared.

Still haven't sampled my DPT yet, so I'll probably try regular DPT first.

Haven't bothered with acquiring 4-AcO-DPT yet so I am excited to hear how you think they compare.

Any other comparisons?

4-HO/AcO-MET seems less popular, but I am very interested in the differences.

Do all of the acetate versions require larger doses than their hydroxylated counterparts?

4-HO/AcO-MiPT and 4-HO/AcO-DiPT are more popular from what I gather so please feel free to compare them!

^^ 24 hours? Shulgin said it was unique as being one of the shortest lasting tryptamines at only 2-4 hours!

Yeah, I know. I remember the first time I took it, the 4th hour into the full-body orgasm I was having I was like, "Holy Motherfucking Christ, is this EVER going to STOP?!" :D The come up only took about 20 minutes to a half hour, like I was expecting, but then the peak lasted for a good couple of hours at least, and the plateau and the come down felt like an eternity and I couldn't get to sleep until the next day. I don't know, I must have a weird body chemistry or something?

Also I think it's interesting that ipracetin lasts less than half as long as iprocin does for me. It makes me wonder about the common belief that ipracetin gets metabolized to iprocin, so they should feel pretty much the same.

I found 20 mg 4-HO-DiPT having a great feeling and trip, but lacking seriously interesting things. But ketamine spiced that up. Though all in all I was surprised by the number of positive effects while lacking negative, and the bodyload was enjoyable.

4-HO-MiPT (20 mg was it?) was a fluke for me. It wasn't much of anything and when I did get things like CEVs they were not consequent at all, one time it's like being in a Betty Boop black and white cartoon and the next its a vision of a modern mall getting flooded with a tsunami of saffron-yellow spice or powder for no reason or without significance. Quite interesting yes, but I wasn't sure at all where I stood with the substance. And the nausea didn't help either.

around 35 mg 4-AcO-MiPT on the other hand was very different. Like 4-AcO-DMT the transitions were incredibly smooth and hanging out in a sunny park trying to read a book and listen to music was nice and produced patterns although not very colourful or compelling. I enjoyed the day and would definitely be inclined to take it again, but I would be hard-pressed to call it special. There was the purported euphoria though, like I said I enjoyed myself but nothing like being ecstatic or giddy, just plain good and nice. Easy.

4-HO-MET is a gem, I forget the dose. I thought with the other tryptamines like 4-HO-DiPT there was little bodyload but this was even better, holy shit. And there were absolutely stunning visuals and my god! The colors! This one is a total keeper. There was nothing of the seriousness of mushrooms present nor weirdness or strange thoughts. There was a psychological trip though and it was just clear and of good quality. A+ but I was not transported to another world. The dose wouldn't allow that though.

Then there's 4-AcO-DMT (at 20 mg or a bit above) which is fantastic and deep while having a smooth and softly carrying overtone. But close your eyes for a few seconds and there are DMT elves hopping around in non-Euclidean geometry. This stuff is spiritual and very valuable, but it might be easy to underestimate if you focus too much on the smooth surface layer. Never forget the mythical and archetypal fairy-tales taking over the décor of your deeper mind. Keep in touch with yourself and it will reward you plenty. There is richness not often paralleled, like a stretched out N,N-DMT trip with less roughness or overdrive speed.

They mostly all so worthwhile and have the capacity to do so much, that makes it so hard to see a general comparison let alone conclude from it a certain metabolism. Consider them all separate and unique, even if there are elements that remind you of other tryptamines - sometimes not even that closely related.

The title of the thread says otherwise but the main comparison to draw is that 4-AcO's have longer and smoother transitions while 4-HO's are more acute. But where 4-AcO's have totally doable bodyloads, the 4-HO's excell and feel transparant and clear. I would say even better than some acid, but probably not better than topgrade liquid L.

I'm interested in researching 4 sub tryptamines and dredging up this thread looks to be a good place to start. The original list was:

4-HO-DET
4-AcO-DET
4-HO-DiPT
4-AcO-DiPT
4-HO-MiPT
4-AcO-MiPT

I will add to the list:

4-HO-MeT

I'm already familiar with 4-AcO-DMT. Of the rest I get the impression that 4-HO-MeT is the pick of the litter in terms of ratio of positive attributes to negative side effects. For you chemistry geniuses, could link to a article or give a brief explanation of what 4th substitution means for those of us interested but lacking a higher education in the subject.

Dragging up an old thread. Can anyone add to this? What about 4-sub-DPT? Am I right in saying that MPT and EPT compounds whether 4-substituted or not are completely unexplored?

^^ I believe the user Erny had access to both MPT and EPT and had mentioned bio assaying them. Don't remember what he said about them though, you could search his posts. I know for sure 4-HO-MPT is on the market but I haven't personally tried it. I know this info isn't very helpfull but it's all I got :)

is it actually known who had the idea of using acetic acid instead of phosphoric acid to form esters of indololes?