View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy 3-MeO-PCP Thread - Mad Manic Meo 3nity

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was a weird thing to experience though, I felt sober, completely sober. But I'm sure I was still at least a bit affected. Don't really know if that kind of afterglow is actually caused by metabolites, or if it's a delayed psychological/physiological response to the drug. Could it be possible that the after mental hyperactivity was a compensatory effect to the NMDA inhibition? Kind of a rebound effect?

The post-trip hyper effects are probably rebound-like, glutamatergic overstimulation you have to get used to before it settles back down I guess.. But the afterglow is more likely to be the same type of anti-depressant effect as ketamine gives, I'd say, seems like a fitting and reasonable explanation found close to home... that anti-depressant action may be in particular from metabolites of one of the isomers (well one of the isomers is mostly the active one to begin with), if the analogy with K holds up.

That compound, or several of them has IIRC an effect on LTP / neurocognitive correlate of learning - although I don't exactly see how that follows. Cognitive effects are associated with NMDA though... (Indirect) serotonergic mechanisms are or were also thought to be involved for K i think.
My guess would be that the dissociation disengages cognitive processes which allows you to snap out of problematic activity, it hardly ever stops of course, but especially with depression I guess people might be stuck in negatively acting loops that proliferate - and the relief from snapping out of that and 'resetting' with a tabula rasa might start as a new fresh reference point for the new chapter of your mood and mentality.
Another guess would be that it may bear resemblence to the resetting qualities of serotonergic psychedelics, if they have intrinsic anti-depressant potential that is not from the illuminating content of the trip per se.

I've cut back my usage since I got my new job, using it only twice on weekends.
Since I stopped, the permanent "life is great" mindset is pretty much gone, and things are pretty much back to normal, with the hard truth that life can be pretty shitty most of the times.

I can still say it's a really great recreational drug. Dosed it Saturday, it felt nice, dosed it again Sunday, and I felt really amazing.

But it's pretty shit as an anti-depressant. Nothing like the "take it once and feel great all week" like MXE used to be. There's little to no long lasting afterglow.
Monday arrives and everything is pretty much back to normal, no longer with great motivation and creativity.

If you want to always feel great, you have to constantly dose it, and that's not really a good idea.
I will be still using it once a week, but only aiming to feel good for a day, as a recreational drug.

Basically, if you want to use this drug to "fix everything" like I originally aimed to, you're going to have a bad time.
Very unlike MXE, which helped me a lot with that, with biweekly dosages.

Weird, I feel like this was a better anti-depressant than MXE. Neither is sustainable though, for so many reasons.

I have my own personal nicknames for it that I use in my head, but I would love if we could all just stop making nicknames for RC's. I know I was using 'cute' nicknames for it (for some bizarre reason, which seems to be infecting other people - like Sol said, it's not exactly a cute thing), but I regret posting on the web about it and won't be doing it anymore. It's just fodder for sensationalist news stories. I didn't see a single story about methoxetamine, because that combination of syllables does not compute in terms of media coverage. Call it roflcopter and suddenly you have a story.

MXE was much more direct, could be because I IM'd it, though IM'ing 3-MeO-PCP doesn't have much value... 3-MeO-PCP makes life more fun but doesn't carry the sparkle some of the others do, IMO of course!

The missing "sparkle" is most likely just the weaker affinity towards serotonine receptors. :p

MXE, 3-MeO-PCE and 4-MeO-PCP all have roughly a ratio betwen NMDA and serotonine receptor affinity of 2. (MXE : 1.86, 3-MeO-PCE : 1.86, 4-MeO-PCP : 2.09)

3-MeO-PCP contrarily has a NMDA/serotonine ratio of 11 (10.8 ). So before you realize any significant serotonergic aka sparkling effect, the dissociation will cause a black out IMHO.

Last edited:
True but who's to say it's serotonin? Ketamine doesn't have much affinity yet has the magic "sparkle"...

If you're capable of having some self-control and being safe with your dosing regimen, sure why not. Have a read of the thread and decide for yourself?

True but who's to say it's serotonin? Ketamine doesn't have much affinity yet has the magic "sparkle"...

But is it considered as the same kind of "sparkle", that MXE provides ? I thought, the dissociation would be perceived (by most users) much more clinical compared to MXE. I never tried neither Ketamine nor MXE, so I cannot comment.

In terms of it's anti depressant capability. If we're talking about magical feelings not as much no. I love dissociatives so it maybe a bit off to ask me. I think they both have a lot of warmth to them, with MXE it's just much more in your face about it whereas ketamine, "if you seek, you shall find!". I'm sure some will disagree though!

But is it considered as the same kind of "sparkle", that MXE provides ? I thought, the dissociation would be perceived (by most users) much more clinical compared to MXE. I never tried neither Ketamine nor MXE, so I cannot comment.

It doesn't have that sparkle, no. I've had some for about a year now and there's really no pull for me as it doesn't bring me anything magical.

It's not the same as MXE at all, very different substances. MXE has a psychedelic sort of sparkle. 3-MeO-PCP provides, if used properly, a sparkle in a different way, in a sort of hypomanic state that's much more utilitarian. I don't find the actual dissociation from 3-MeO-PCP very noteworthy, whereas with MXE it's amazing. But, I get more actual utilitarian use out of 3-MeO and I prefer it as a day enhancer.

This one for sure sparkles with its own light, not at all comparable to MXE. It all depends on the kind of "sparkle" you are after.

Actually I agree that this is less markedly useful as anti-depressant compared to say MXE, although granted the dosages are lower for this so there is also less metabolite produced that may produce that effect.. it does have it's own 'sparkle' but I guess I wouldn't know if it's anything else than the hypomania we've been talking about.. which let's just say is not a 'sustainable solution', to anything.

Warning: Dont Do what I did.

5 days ago my wife and I decided to have a fun dissociative night. This usually consists of a few doses of 3 meo pcp IV'd and/or insufflated. We listen to music, watch movies (which is awesome on dissociatives because it sucks you in to the movie and starts having great significance to your life), and have sex (raw, uninhibited dissociative sex is great).
All we had was 200mg of 3 meo pcp. Somehow through the course of the day we went through all of it, so roughly 100mg each. The highest I've gone before this was 35mg, and that was plenty intense.
This was extremely reckless of us, and usually I have much better judgement when it comes to drugs, but after reaching a certain threshold it was as if I lost the ability to make rational decisions. I was just chasing that lovely rush and getting higher and higher with each shot.
It's hard to put in to words exactly what I experienced. Something resembling a hole but completely lucid. I felt like I got a glimpse of what it's like to have some serious mental disorders. At a certain point I decided to smoke some weed and that really set the trip off. I became extremely confused and my emotions were rapidly changing from Euphoria to despare. I had etizolam on hand but convinced myself not to take any and to just ride out the trip (I did end up taking 2mg around 4am to go to sleep, and it worked like a charm).
Luckily nothing bad happened to either of us. It never felt physically un safe but I was concerned about my sanity. I ended up sleeping most of the next day and had pretty strong after effects for a few days after that. Mostly just feeling like my brain wasn't functioning at full capacity and I continued to have the emotional highs and lows but less extreme than when I was high.
Today I feel mostly back to normal.

People smarter and more experienced than I have gotten in to trouble with smaller doses. So please don't do what I did. Be safe and be smart.

Whoa! I don't understand why neither of you went into a state of 'absence' at those kinds of dosages...

Yeah too much of these new disso's just makes me feel like I may have gone permanently mentally disabled. It always comes around in the end but it's sure as fuck not a pleasant feeling. Take er easy Delsyd, those doses are crazy even for this wingnut! (Also super jealous I don't have a girlfriend that likes dissos.. She puts up with my discrete use but I wish she would partake with me!)

The missing "sparkle" is most likely just the weaker affinity towards serotonine receptors. :p

MXE, 3-MeO-PCE and 4-MeO-PCP all have roughly a ratio betwen NMDA and serotonine receptor affinity of 2. (MXE : 1.86, 3-MeO-PCE : 1.86, 4-MeO-PCP : 2.09)

3-MeO-PCP contrarily has a NMDA/serotonine ratio of 11 (10.8 ). So before you realize any significant serotonergic aka sparkling effect, the dissociation will cause a black out IMHO.

I'm pretty sure you mean the serotonin transporter, not the receptors.

Ketamine definitely has serotonergic effects and they are required for its antidepressant effects:

Ketamine elicits sustained antidepressant-like activity via a serotonin-dependent mechanism

Is this shit good or no?

I like MXE, should I give a chance to this?

Nothing will ever be like MXE ;)

Warning: Dont Do what I did.

5 days ago my wife and I decided to have a fun dissociative night. This usually consists of a few doses of 3 meo pcp IV'd and/or insufflated. We listen to music, watch movies (which is awesome on dissociatives because it sucks you in to the movie and starts having great significance to your life), and have sex (raw, uninhibited dissociative sex is great).
All we had was 200mg of 3 meo pcp. Somehow through the course of the day we went through all of it, so roughly 100mg each. The highest I've gone before this was 35mg, and that was plenty intense.
This was extremely reckless of us, and usually I have much better judgement when it comes to drugs, but after reaching a certain threshold it was as if I lost the ability to make rational decisions. I was just chasing that lovely rush and getting higher and higher with each shot.
It's hard to put in to words exactly what I experienced. Something resembling a hole but completely lucid. I felt like I got a glimpse of what it's like to have some serious mental disorders. At a certain point I decided to smoke some weed and that really set the trip off. I became extremely confused and my emotions were rapidly changing from Euphoria to despare. I had etizolam on hand but convinced myself not to take any and to just ride out the trip (I did end up taking 2mg around 4am to go to sleep, and it worked like a charm).
Luckily nothing bad happened to either of us. It never felt physically un safe but I was concerned about my sanity. I ended up sleeping most of the next day and had pretty strong after effects for a few days after that. Mostly just feeling like my brain wasn't functioning at full capacity and I continued to have the emotional highs and lows but less extreme than when I was high.
Today I feel mostly back to normal.

People smarter and more experienced than I have gotten in to trouble with smaller doses. So please don't do what I did. Be safe and be smart.

Glad you're safe broseph. Be careful you crazy cats!

Status
Not open for further replies.