• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Phenethylamines The Big & Dandy 2C-I Thread - Take Two

I prefer Wikipedia to Erowid for basic drug information. Please tell us you did a basic web search before starting this thread.

theres the 2ci big and dandy aswel.

2ci is a rewarding chem for me was my first rc, lasts around 6-8 hours for me. has a stimulating edge to it which i find pleasurable. i usually come up fully at around 1 hour marker, this is on a emty stomach. now i have had some batches that took a couple hours to kick in, those batches were also a little weaker than others intensity wise but had a little longer duration, weird. the headspace is also very clear i can function pretty well on 2ci iv had multiple convos with older people while on 2ci and they would have never guessed i was catching visuals at the time lol. it does stimulate thinking to a nice degree as well but nothing overwhelming/pushy for me. visuals are also really nice imo, lots of sparkling, color enhacement, things look eally detailed and sharp/clear imo. i also always see colored splotches all over the walls kinda like graffitti.

sorry if im no help, good luck with your 2ci have fun and safe tripping.

Last edited:
theres the 2ci big and dandy aswel.

2ci is a rewarding chem for me was my first rc, lasts around 6-8 hours for me. has a stimulating edge to it which i find pleasurable. i usually come up fully at around 1 hour marker, this is on a emty stomach. now i have had some batches that took a couple hours to kick in, those batches were also a little weaker than others intensity wise but had a little longer duration, weird. the headspace is also very clear i can function pretty well on 2ci iv had multiple convos with older people while on 2ci and they would have never guessed i was catching visuals at the time lol. it does stimulate thinking to a nice degree as well but nothing overwhelming/pushy for me. visuals are also really nice imo, lots of sparkling, color enhacement, things look eally detailed and sharp/clear imo. i also always see colored splotches all over the walls kinda like graffitti.

sorry if im no help, good luck with your 2ci have fun and safe tripping.

Thanks mate but could you describe the visuals in more details?

Thanks mate but could you describe the visuals in more details?

they are repetitive like with most PEAs i have tried, points and edges on objects get real crisp and clear, for me it made my vision very clear like crystal clear, alot of times id feel like im in a fish bowl or under water. lots of fractals and pixels and pastel like art like paintings, for me visuals will get going pretty nicely there will be patterns all throughout my visual field, some it doesnt effect that way some claim its barely visual to them but for me its pretty visual everyones different. visuals are smooth for me, things flow together nicely.

this 1 experience(40mg hcl) i got settled into a state that was very euphoric and my eyes were rolling and for like 5 min i was in the labrinth style landscape, i couldnt tell up from down they looked the same, everything looked like mirrors. this was with lots of cannabis aswel. i could also feel myself slipping into this state and i was playing around at first to see if i could pull out if i got scared and i kept poppin in and poppin out then i finally jjust stepped through and thats when i slipped into that state fully. was really nice wasnt pushy at all. i was iffy about it at first because it was when i was first messing with 2cx compounds but it turned out to be very rewarding.

I've always been aware of a South American theme to my visuals on 2C-I - lots of patterns and hieroglyphs that could be from the Aztecs or Mayans.

I also tend to see an awful lot of eyes (wood is particularly amazing - the grain in a door revealed a multitude of inquesitive eyes)

I would agree that overall there seems to be a real sense of clarity in general, less obvious colour hues than some psychedelics - but still fairly beautiful CEVs.

Would suggest not doing the diazepam unless things go sour while tripping, benzos tend to dull down the trip and can leave you just confused . If you need it, drop the pill under your tongue and it will kick in very quickly. Other than that, benzos and PEAs seem to be safe to combine.

Diazepam should bring you down some. I wouldn't take it first for fear of ruining the experience. Might be good to have on hand, in case the intensity gets too much. 2c-i tends to cause me a lot paranoia. Set and setting are key.

As far as visuals go, 2c-i has been some of the prettiest. It's like being in a psychedelic river. Everything it flows over bends, shifts, and changes color.

On that low dose, you'll probably just get a very pleasant(for me) stimulating body high, and a general mood lift, once you overcome any comeup anxiety. Things will just be more colorful, wavy, and pretty looking. Can be kinda nauseating as the high comes in waves, with one minute you may be feeling kinda sober, and the next you may be tripping. Was the first phenethylamine other than amphetamine I ever tried, and i prefer it because I'm experienced with it and it's a very easygoing trip for the most part. Using benzo's for the comedown is safe.

On that low dose, you'll probably just get a very pleasant(for me) stimulating body high, and a general mood lift, once you overcome any comeup anxiety. Things will just be more colorful, wavy, and pretty looking. Can be kinda nauseating as the high comes in waves, with one minute you may be feeling kinda sober, and the next you may be tripping. Was the first phenethylamine other than amphetamine I ever tried, and i prefer it because I'm experienced with it and it's a very easygoing trip for the most part. Using benzo's for the comedown is safe.

How bad is the nausea?, if i eat 5 hours before the 2c-i?

16mg 2C-I was dissolved in a small amount of warm 80 proof liquor which was mixed into a fruit smoothie. Comeup was slow and gentle. I did experience some elevated pulse and a noticeable increase in body temperature, but I'm fit and healthy so no worries. Starting at about +4:30 I had some GI discomfort but I would rate it as minor. At about +5:00 I had a slight urge to clench my jaw, but again, minor. Noticeable central nervous system stimulation. On three different points during the trip I got up and started vacuuming, just because I decided the floor needed it. I can assure you that spontaneous vacuuming is not a behavior I have history of.

It was a very good trip. My mental state was positive the entire time. Anxiety and worries took the day off. There is no doubt I got to +++. If I focused on a object in the room such as a piece of furniture it would start coming towards me. Patterns covered the walls when I cared to look. 90 degree angles became obtuse. Mindfuck is such a pejorative term, lets call it "altered concept". There was almost none. No confusion. Best part is my fingers were unimpaired enough to play a musical instrument, which I did for hours fueled by central nervous system stimulation. Got out a fancy echo machine and played with sound on sound long delays a la Brian May or the Edge. Fun for hours, it never got old.

At about +6:00 I smoke a eyeballed amount of 5-MEO-DMT. It was probably about 10mg as I did not achieve break though and did not leave this mortal coil during the experience. 5-MEO-DMT experiences are impossible to put into words, but I'll try. After releasing the smoke I heard a sort of tinnitus-like sound and a powerful feeling of positive energy and joy came flowing up through my body starting at the base of my spine - is that the kundalini? The feeling was ecstasy. It was joy and love and eternal blessings (odd choice of words from an atheist).

Sleep came easily at about +9:00.

The next day I woke up with a new optimism about life. Sure, I have stuff to worry about and past failings to be feel sorry about. But it's time to stand up straight and get to work and make the best of what I have. Instead of complaining, how about seeing how good you can be? Not lucky in love? Then get your ass down to the gym and then get some. I think I've discovered the purpose of life. It's to work and to love until the day we die.

That was a good trip.

Last edited:
I just would like to add that this substance is beautiful. I have had the opportunity to research it several times in the past few months, and am very please with it. Unfortunately it's illegal in the states now :/ 15-17 mg was great. My good friend described it as similar to candy flipping (I've never candyflipped before). 20-21mg was even better, I never went past that dosage. I have never taken a psychedelic that makes me laugh as much as 2C-I does. I was laughing "geekin" for upwards to 6 hours, whereas on other drugs there's usually a much shorter period of time where I get the giggles. It has such a positive mindset and beautiful visuals. 20mg was similar to a lower dose of acid for me but there was also increased tactile sensations! Overall I would say that 2C-I was therapeutically for me in several ways...I came out of it with a very positive attitude for life (more so than usual) and feel more connected to those few friends that also tripped with me.

my first real attempt with this substance I was missold 2c-i as 2c-b (I was fairly aware though as the 0.5g bag had a big 'i' on it.

took one capsule of 28mg orally, later tailed by around 15mg intranasally.

The experience was a hell of a ride, especially being out at a rave.

At peak the visuals were too strong, I couldn't see a metre in front of me and kept losing my friends faces in my own vision

My feelings and subconscious would be projected into my OEVs

There was a little bit of paranoia, i.e. thought the cab journey home wasn't actually a real cab but in fact a simulation designed to let people wind down after the rave.

However, I think the experience is fairly malleable despite the strength as I didn't really have any negative thoughts and the setting I was in could have easily induced fear.

How many of you do 2c-i on your own? I have a fear of getting very bored?

thats a really big dose for your first time. what if you had been allergic to it?

i've done 2c-i by myself. there are other psychedelics better suited for solo trips. 2c-i makes me want to be social.

thats a really big dose for your first time. what if you had been allergic to it?

i've done 2c-i by myself. there are other psychedelics better suited for solo trips. 2c-i makes me want to be social.

Note that I said "my first real attempt" - I had sampled this substance before but at unknown dosages and at a stage of "psychedelic immaturity"

I'm fairly comfortable tripping and was kind of hoping that it would have been 2c-b but it still turned out ok, ridiculous visuals though, at the peak the tracers were so strong that moving my head would result in me losing my friends faces in my vision.

I also had a continual theme throughout the trip of my subconscious being reflected in my visuals, like my visuals would talk to me and it would be my thoughts / subconscious.

Has anyone else ever experienced a 2c-i trip going on past the 6-8 hour mark? The last time I took it I didn't come down for about 16 hours, the majority of which was experiencing the full of what I'd taken. Thankfully we'd dosed normal/threshold dose (My friend dosed us and I didn't know enough about it at the time to remember exactly how much, even though I did ask and he told me.) and I was in a good place so I didn't mind too much. We'd been planning to trip and then go to a friend's birthday when we came down, but while I was perfectly capable of going outside and interacting with people, I didn't really want to. Just to give a time frame, in the entire duration of my trip my friend tripped with me, came down, went to the party, dosed a few other people and himself again and they were coming down again not long after I was able to get to sleep. I stayed at home and just chilled out, enjoyed the visuals, made myself a little nest in the corner of my room with my duvet and just zoned out listening to music until I was finally capable of sleep.

I'd taken 2c-i twice before that, over about a year, and the duration of both trips was about 6 hours and then residual stimulation or whatever, but I'd been prescribed and started taking Lamictal for epilepsy before the most recent trip. My poor friend, I scared the crap out of him because he thought I was having a seizure and I wasn't in quite the right mind to explain how I knew I wasn't because of the differences in what I was feeling :p Words, man.

I've done some cursory searches, but I haven't been able to find too much about Lamictal's interactions with any psychs at all, let alone the 2c family, so I'm wondering if it was just a fluke, or if my medication is maybe affecting the dose/response curve or my ability to metabolise it. I haven't come across any more 2c-i since the last time to do any more 'experimenting', but I got some 2c-b lately and I really want to try it, but I'm understandably a bit hesitant, especially since the people I would be tripping with are pretty inexperienced.

So, anyone got any experiences or anything they can share?

Hey eithne, I have been experimenting with 2ci for the past three months now, and have taken only oral doses ranging between 25 - 44 milligrams. I have probably tripped on 2ci between 12 -15 times now, and must say it is an amazing substance. I experience no nausea or body load while on this substance, or intense headaches/depression afterwards like other users of this substance have reported. It takes me between an hour and an hour and forty five minutes to peak on 2ci, and the peak always tends to last me 6-7 hours with doses between 25-35 milligrams. The past few times I tripped, when taking 38, 41, and just a few days ago 44 milligrams, the peak tends to last 8-10 hours. The most intense of effects, (CEV and OEV's) seem to slowly disappear around the 8 or 9 hour mark, but I definitely notice strong effects for about 12 hours when taking a dose higher than 38 milligrams. I also would like to note that unlike most other people, I do not seem to suffer from any lasting visual effects (HPPD) after taking 2ci. I'm sorry but I am not aware of the interactions of Lamictal and 2ci, I just figured I would add my two cents here as this seems to be my favorite psychedelic. I have done 2ce about 10 times, and I notice that 2ci is much more visual for me ironically. I do not really enjoy the introspective qualities of 2ce as much as I enjoy the effects of 2ci. I can't help but smile the majority of the trip on 2ci, and find myself doing a variety of things from hiking with friends, climbing things, and skateboarding. The most intense visuals I have experienced with it to date were on my most recent trip in my room with the blacklights on, where I didn't just experience the walls/carpet morphing and crawling, but actual shapes and fluorescent colored lines appearing right in front of me. I hope this information is of some use to somebody, I just can't stress all the positive experiences I've had with this chemical.