View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy 2C-C Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you're all underdosing. I found 2C-C to be on par with mushrooms for spiritual intensity at 80-120mg range oral doses. There's always nausea/vomiting at that level but it's well worth it. 2C-C was about indistinguishable from 2C-B with regard to the visuals and body high but it had that spirit quest vibe that mushrooms do and none of the in your face sexuality of 2C-B. So far it's the only phenethylamine/amphetamine psychedelic that I found consistently as profound as mushrooms.

Perhaps I should update as to my experiences with rectal 2C-C, some of which are not as pleasant as my previous ones.

I find that doses higher than 15mg rectally (~30mg orally for me) produce some very unpleasant anxiety and a "dirty" body feeling. I have tried it three times at ~20mg, and once with a higher dose estimated to be 20-30mg (all rectally).

The unpleasant (may I add RUSHY) come-up is consistant with all of them, and that leads me to believe that higher doses of 2C-C should be taken orally in order to allow it to come-up gradually and to lessen the body feeling.

One of my 15mg trips was taken about 4 hours after a tiny dose of LSD (I estimate no more than 30ug) which did nothing but mild stimulation... in fact I forgot that I took it when I took the 2C-C. What happened was that the 2C-C hit suddenly and I went, "uh oh!" and suddenly my visual field EXPLODED with BLINDING clockwork visuals that somehow were manfestations of anxiety. It was a very, very uncomfortable trip and required large ammounts of benzos to subdue it a little bit.

Coolio said:
I think you're all underdosing. I found 2C-C to be on par with mushrooms for spiritual intensity at 80-120mg range oral doses. There's always nausea/vomiting at that level but it's well worth it. 2C-C was about indistinguishable from 2C-B with regard to the visuals and body high but it had that spirit quest vibe that mushrooms do and none of the in your face sexuality of 2C-B. So far it's the only phenethylamine/amphetamine psychedelic that I found consistently as profound as mushrooms.

Agreed! I tried 100mg and, along with intense and amazing visuals of a completely unique nature, I felt a guiding force. Actually saw a spirit presence much like the one I sometimes encounter on mushrooms.

My top 5:

Mushrooms
LSD
2C-C
4-aco-MiPT
Mescaline

Y'all really are under-dosing!

Oh yeah.... even 200mg of 2C-D couldn't hold a candle to the intensity and depth, and incredibly good humored mind-trickery of 2C-C.

2C-I / 2C-D / 2C-B are all irrelevant.

Yes. Bump!

This is the best phenethylamine I've tried. Mescaline is it's only rival but that's a completely different (and more difficult) trip.

I really can't believe 2C-C doesn't have a huge glowing reputation right now!

Well, maybe because with 2c-c I get headaches at around 50mg or higher. :\

And 200mg of 2c-d? How much tolerance do you have? How often do you trip and what other meds/drugs are you on?

gloggawogga said:
Well, maybe because with 2c-c I get headaches at around 50mg or higher. :\

And 200mg of 2c-d? How much tolerance do you have? How often do you trip and what other meds/drugs are you on?

Not really any tolerance, but I did take that 200mg over the course of a few hours, so there might have been some acute tolerance. I trip sporatically... sometimes not for a month or more, sometimes twice a week.

Even 50mg of 2C-C beats 200mg of 2C-D.

BD: I don't mean to sound disrespectful or anything like that, but, in the spirit of harm reduction...

You're a pretty popular member of BL, and going around telling people they are under-dosing and that 100mg is the right dose might be a bit risky, because many people will indeed go and take that much of the drug just-because-BD-said-so-and-BD-knows-best (that is not to say that you don't, of course :D), and I have reason to believe that most will regret it, especially that a lot of them probably don't pre-load with benzos ;).

100mg of 2C-C could very well be badfor someone else.

Another thing to take into consideration - this is just one trip (I don't know if you have any previous experience with 2C-C?). In any case, you can't be sure that this is consistent as with any other psychedelic. Who knows? maybe next time you take 100mg of 2C-C you'll end up regretting it, and it'll fall from that high place on your list...

Sorry, I don't mean to crash your parade. I'm just putting out a word of caution. 100mg of 2C-C is a pretty high dose.

Last edited:
but I did take that 200mg (2c-d ) over the course of a few hours, so there might have been some acute tolerance.

Considering 2c-d peaks in less than one hour, I would guess acute tolerance most definetly did affect your trip. This sort of haphazard dosing really results in data that is misleading, IMHO.

I trip sporatically... sometimes not for a month or more, sometimes twice a week.

And you use benzos. Nearly every time I find someone with high tolerance to psychedelics something like this turns out to be the case.

Even 50mg of 2C-C beats 200mg of 2C-D.

Well, let me guess, this is the 200mg of 2C-D you took over the course of a few hours vs. 50mg of 2c-c you took all at once. Silly comparison. For me personally, 50mg of 2c-d beats 2c-c, each taken in a single dose.

hmmm...never tried this one at such high doses, but it did seem to be fairly nontoxic enough at medium doses (40mg)

I didn't have any problems at 40mg. But at 50mg or higher it started feeling toxic, enough that I wouldn't think of going up to 100mg.

Okay, well I guess I'll explain myself :)

First of all, I am no longer a moderator. So not every post I make on Bluelight is going to be "take the lowest dose possible and work your way up".

However, I have pretty vast experience with a lot of psychedelic and other drugs. Many people do ask my advice and I always give the safest advice I am able to give. I can't even begin to count the number of times I've suggested people lower their dose or reconsider a drug combo if they've asked my advice beforehand.

But... I am personally at a stage in my tripping career where I find many psychedelics to be completely worthless.

As for the 2C-D comparison, yes it's not exactly fair to compare 200mg of 2C-D taken over a few hours to 100mg 2C-C taken within about one hour in two split doses.

I had absolutely no problems with that dose of 2C-C. If you read my trip report I compared it in intensity to 3-4 hits of LSD, except found it even milder on my body and easier to handle on my mind. So, if you don't want to trip as hard as 300-400ug of LSD, don't take 100mg 2C-C. Simple as that.

Nor did I recommend this as a starting dose. Try 40-50mg first. Or less, I don't care. This stuff has proven at least to me to be the least toxic and stressful feeling 2C-x I've tried. By far.

However, for those comfortable with a solid +++ trip, I think 70-80mg is a reasonable dose to take. I've read plenty of trip reports where people can't seem to break through to a +++ on 2C-C. Well, you can. You just need more. And it's one of the most beautiful +++ trips I've experienced.

As for the benzo preload... I don't think that's really as much of a factor as you're making it out to be. I take a small dose of diazepam or clonazepam almost every night for insomnia so I know how my body reacts to it, and I know how it affects psychedelics.

Even at 100mg, spread out in 2 doses about an hour apart, 2C-C was completely non-threatening and easy on my body.

So, perhaps I was too enthusiastic about the results right after a great 100mg 2C-C trip. So now I'll just qualify those statements with: "Only experienced trippers should attempt this, and make sure you are comfortable with relatively strong psychedelic experiences."

By the way, I plan my next dose to be around 50mg. But I am aware of the magic this chemical holds... even at an entheogenic level which isn't something I can say for 2C-B, 2C-D, 2C-I, or 2C-TFM.

Frankly I don't see how suggesting a 80-100mg dose of 2C-C is any more irresponsible than suggesting a 4-5 gram mushroom trip. Of course mushrooms are proven safe but I've found no evidence in literature or in my own experience that suggests 2C-C has a significant degree of toxicity.

And also, hey, I took 100mg, might as well write a trip report and talk about my experience, right? Nobody else has documented such a high dose so I would be holding back potentially useful info to say nothing at all.

I encourage other people to try 2C-C, at a lower dose at first. You'll see the potential. Then if it feels non-toxic, comfortable, and easy to handle for you, take a higher dose next time. It will probably blow your mind.

At this point my advice is split into a couple categories: Advice for new users and advice for those who are seeking deep religious experiences from their psychedelic drug use. I think it's pretty easy to tell which is which.

Frankly I don't see how suggesting a 80-100mg dose of 2C-C is any more irresponsible than suggesting a 4-5 gram mushroom trip.

Allright, well, first off, mushrooms aren't a research chemical, they've been used for thousands of years, and alot is known about the toxicity (or lack thereof) of psilocin. Little or nothing is know about the toxicity of 2c-c.

Secondly, you did not do a 100mg dose of 2c-c. You did a 40 mg dose and then a 60mg dose one hour later. Eating 2 grams of shrooms and then eating 3 grams 1 hour later is not the same as eating 5 all at once.

Similarly, eating 200mg of 2c-d over a period of 4-5 hours is about as wasteful as eating 10 grams of shrooms over a period of 4 hours. Try it. Eat 1 gram at T+0, 1 gram at T+1, 2 grams at T+2, 2 grams at T+4, and 4 grams at T+4. You'll probably never get more than ++ because you'll never catch up to your growing tolerance. You'd get much more mileage out of your 10 grams shrooms eating 5 grams in one dose on one day and eating the other 5 in one dose on a completely different day.

Haphazardly redosing unresearched experimental chemicals because you aren't getting the thrill you are looking for from your first dose is not really a wise thing to do at all, IMHO. You put your self at risk, you produce skewed information which can mislead others, and you waste your drug. Now I know I can't stop you from putting your self at risk, and nor can I stop you from wasting your drugs. But I do have an obligation, BD, to at least try to stop you from misleading others. Hence this post. ;)

benign, good natured, no body load - my ass, 24mg oral had me purging, sweating, tripping and hallucinating in a not so gentle fashion.

and as i often find lost deep in 2C territory, benzos did little to nothing to lessen the intensity.

if again, no desire to go higher, and not unless deep in nature, with no technogenic / electrostatic pollution.

benign, good natured, no body load - my ass, 24mg oral had me purging, sweating, tripping and hallucinating in a not so gentle fashion.

This is the reason to try a very low, 'challenge' dose first time you take a compound, rather than jumping in with a big dose.

Nano: - is it due to some metabolic idiosyncracy, or do all of the 2C-X compounds effect you heavily at what a lot of people would consider a low end dose? As for the benzo bit - with the 2C-xs, it's usually not directly about anxiety (as it can be with tryptamines), it's to do with a glitch in making sense of the world that produces some anxiety (like too much info to have to concentrate on). Tryptamines are more dream-like and make your surroundings seem unreal or unbelievable - the psychedelic experience occurs in a place 'different' from the normal world; phenethylamines seem to be a lot less likely to produce the dream-like state - the experience with these is more experiencing 'this' world, but in infinitely more detail as to its operation

I think antipsychotics, in low dose, would work a lot better with the phenethylamine hallucinogens because of that

I have taken about 60mg 2c-c oral and bumped with about 25mg up the nose about an hour into the experience. Things were pretty cool and I was surprized at how mellow everything seemed. I saw some interesting hallucinations such as a fan embedded in a window which was waving and floating. I always had a clear and conscious idea of what was going on though.

I am not experienced with psychedelics and started with 2c-c in the 30mg to 40mg range. If I take less than 50mg orally nothing happens. Even 60mg did not do much for me. A full nose of 40mg sends me to a comfortable place, sometimes slight panic initially but it always has subsided after 10 minutes.

I used to insulfate the stuff in 40mg doses but have decided to start with oral doses and bump nasally if I want more intensity. I have done some pretty stupid dosing and have yet to pay the piper but am turning over a new leaf and trying to be more careful about measuring, administration, setting and having a plan in case things take a turn for the worse.

I took Bluedolphins comments to be those of a very experienced user. Someone who knows what they are doing. I doubt someone who has never used before would read his post and think "I am going to go and take 100mg of 2c-c."

The next time I used 2c-c I plan to take about 80mg orally and bump up a bit from there (possibly). It may be a while before that happens though as I have a tough situation at work which could take months to sort out.

I think it is good when people qualify their posts and say things like "I have done this drug many times before and recommend people start with a small dose of about xmg." But it is probably not necessary every single time, especially when the context is clearly that of experienced use.

Last edited:
Anyway so I took 40mg of 2C-C last night. After an hour and a half I wasn't even at a ++ so I decided to take 20mg 4-aco-MiPT.

This dose of 4-aco-MiPT alone is fantastic, but I believe the 2C-C played a significant role in synergizing with the 4-aco-MiPT to make the trip more visual, bright, and gave it a much more intense high pitch vibration buzz that came in short intense waves.

I checked my pulse and it was maybe elevated 10%. As one would expect it to be when experiencing something cool.

I did not have anything I would consider a negative body load or even a bad side effect to speak of from this combo. These drugs are the best "research chemicals" I've worked with and they play together very well.

I haven't been around for a while but I try to stay up with my favorite big and dandy's.

It's been interesting to hear others reporting headaches around the 50mg range. One of the worst headaches I've ever had was at 45mg. The trip was superb but the comedown was brutal. At 40mg I was golden and had no issues. The 2c's seem to me to vary widely from person to person and 2cc is no different. I personally feel that my body tolerates, not really accept, the 2c* family. I think 100 mg of 2cc would have a train wreck like effect on my body.
I'm far from discrediting BD's reports or personal findings but anyone reading should be aware that everyone is different. I hope you keep everything 'documented' so to speak to add to the pool of information available because I'm sure there will be others with similar tolerances. They should just start low as with everything :).

In my analysis of the side effects reported in the ‘Research on "Research" Chemicals’ thread, about ½ of people reported No Side-Effects, while about ½ reported some sort of mild or severe headache, at times lasting a few days post-ingestion. While the number is very small, it appears that headache may be common for those who do experience side effects. I did not control for dose, so it may or may not be a dose-dependent phenomenon. Both a link to that post and the specific 2C-C findings are below.

“2C-C: 7 Reports. 43% reported Migraine &/or Severe Headaches; 14% reported After Effects Mild &/or a Few Days; 14% reported GI disturbance &/or Nausea; & 57% reported No Side-Effects.”

http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?postid=3473888#post3473888

A friend took 82mg, knowing this would be a very intense dose.

He reported back only extremely positive remarks. He said the visuals were like nothing he's seen before (and he's an experienced tripper). He had no negative side effects to speak of, and I even probed him asking how his body felt, etc. The only thing he said was that an intense vibration would occasionally wash over him that would literally make him have to sit down and chill for a few minutes.

His dose was taken all at once.

I have to agree that 2C-C visuals are very unique. As reported before, my most intense experience with it had the world somehow distorted into clockwork everwhere.

^ I've seen the clockwork also, closed-eye. Multi-colored gears and cogs, everywhere. It somehow meshed with my emotional state, and I felt I was experiencing what it was to be the various colors. For me, 2C-C often combines emotions with other stimuli.

Status
Not open for further replies.