• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big and Dandy DXM Thread (archive start - 12-13-07)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, DXM is bad for your health. Toxicity lies somewhere between ketamine and PCP, and excessive DXM-(ab)use is suspected to produce Olney's Lesions. One "normal" 2nd-plateau DXM trip of say 300 mg for enzyme non-deficients is said to be comparable to a night/weekend of hard alcohol binging. I must say, it kind of feels the same too like when you drink about all you can handle and don't hydrate yourself. But apparently it differs much between people and their nervous physiology/biochemistry. Some seem biologically unfit for DXM use at all, some seem to tolerate it but are not impressed, and another group is very impressed with the results and doesn't get a lot of bodyload and stuff.
Anyway, the only reason I gave it another try once more is because I don't have access to much ketamine and hope to see the first in like a year in a couple monts. To me ketamine is far superior in all respects. I obviously don't belong in the DXM-suited group...

My dxm hangovers never amounted to much until I ended up dizzy and shit for 3 days after a trip and I haven't injested dxm since.

Solipsys said:
seems toxic somehow :(

This is my opinion of DXM so far, as well. But I'm not giving up on it until I've made sure that I've really explored DXM and its possibilities to the fullest extent.

Over the last few weeks I have been patiently experimenting with it, and it seems that I have made at least a couple discoveries about utilizing DXM's effects, and minimizing undesired side-effects. I'll be sure to share these once my little DXM experiment has been fully conducted.

Cool, be sure to suggest your tips for maximizing effect potential and minimizing side-effects! :)
Two days ago I drank some beers in the end. I found an erowid claim that alcohol was to be avoided but it actually founded a gradient into a somewhat smoother buzz. When I say DXM doesn't feel right to me I mean it feels unhealthy but also I get stimulated in an awkward way while getting sedated in a neutral way. When I lay still it's almost nice, were it not for the raging high blood pressure I feel with a feverish quality on the side. I remember taking little over 300 mg, colors and sounds became overwhelming and nerve-hurting until I reached a stage of passing out and waking up on the floor. Headaches and physically draining shittiness are also often in the picture. There are definitely some dissociating effects lurking but I hope you have some pretty good ideas to shift the pros and cons. In the meanwhile I'll wait right here for a little while until I can get K and explore dissociation without much else. ;)

Solipsys said:
Two days ago I drank some beers in the end. I found an erowid claim that alcohol was to be avoided but it actually founded a gradient into a somewhat smoother buzz.

I too like to have a small amount of alcohol (1 or 2 drinks) along with a naproxen at the end of a DXM trip. While this does not actually reduce the hangover for me, it cerainly helps me to sleep through most of it. :) And, I agree with you, as far as dissociatives go, Ketamine is where it's at. ;) Too bad it's so hard for me to find these days as well.

These hangovers, and their progressive worsening over time, were what actually led me to abandon using DXM. Lately, the only reason I take DXM at all is for use in combination with certain other drugs that I find it synergizes wonderfully with. After several years of abuse, I pretty much don't use DXM for its own sake at all anymore.

Harm reduction disclaimer: Unless you have thoroughy researched the metabolic pathway of DXM in the body and discovered its numerous contraindications, please do not combine DXM with anything. It is a notorious drug for not playing well with others. I only ever do so after fully researching the potential combination to determine the safety thereof.

a quick answer would be nice: how does it take to feel effects after taking a few robo gel caps (tester dose of 105 mg)?

im sure its on the site somewhere, but i haven't found anything yet and would like a quick answer.

Off a dose of 105mg depending on your weight you won't feel anything. If you feel anything significant it would be about an hour after dosing.

If you have any significant effects off 105mg I personally would tread very carefully as it probably means you are enzyme deficient.

thanks. i feel a bit lightheaded but not much more, but this is a tester dose and i'm not looking to have a majorly significant experience this first time.

another quick question:

would it be a waste to consume another 3 caps (35mg) on top of the 105mg ive already taken, about an hour after the initial consumption, in hopes of feeling slightly stronger effects?

thanks again

Has anyone tried Zicam Cough Melts? They're comparatively expensive, but it's 30mg per. I'd rather not swallow a ton of pills or syrup. I'm wondering how the nausea is with them.

jarv said:
thanks. i feel a bit lightheaded but not much more, but this is a tester dose and i'm not looking to have a majorly significant experience this first time.

another quick question:

would it be a waste to consume another 3 caps (35mg) on top of the 105mg ive already taken, about an hour after the initial consumption, in hopes of feeling slightly stronger effects?

thanks again
Well its been a lot more than an hour since you dosed so this probably isn't much help, but to answer your question anyway IMO no, taking another three caps is not going to take you anywhere interesting.

Now that you have done your tester dose a good dose for you next time would be 250-350mg.

I just found out at the pharmacy yesterday that they no longer sell DXM without prescription around here. Bummer! I was just getting ready to finally try it.

Wow.

The syrup chugging experience was SO much more psychedelic and less anxious than the experiences I'd had with extracted DXM!

Laying in bed with my eyes closed, the lights off, and some ambient electronic music playing through high-quality headphones was enough to catalyze an out-of-body experience that lasted a good three or four minutes. I was accelerated out of my body and up into space, and taken on a wild ride through all four dimensions, through neon colors and through swirling vortexes.

And that was only with ~240mg of DXM! :D

Yep, I think that the PEG must have been the key.

Fuck!

My parents finally found out that I was using cough syrup recreationally. They check my web browser history, and I'd forgotten to clean it up.

I'd been getting them to buy me cough syrup by lying about what I needed it for, but that isn't going to happen any more.

I guess my DXM experimentation has come to an end for awhile... :\

hi im just wondering what about dxm is unhealthy

i took it for the first time 2 weeks ago and have done it once more since that. my doses were ~300mg and the second time ~700mg. i liked it a lot more on the higher dose, i probably will take around 1000mg in a couple weeks

Just something to think about

I used dxm for a few months, started with triple c's, stopped because of the risks, switched to cough syrups, then finally power/crystal dxm. Then I started having health issues, seziures, confusion, black-outs. When to the neurologist and had a lot of tests done and found a lession in my temporal lobe. Diagonsis was temporal lobe epilepsy, and now anytime I have dxm for medical reasons(cough) I have a seziure. I haven't touched it since then and as long as I stay away from it, the problems stay away from me. Not saying not to do it because my life isn't your but be careful and try not to do it to often. Happy Drugging

DXM Question

(I wasn't quite sure which forum to put this in so move if necessary)

I was just reading up on DXM on erowid and in the "chemistry" section it says that the melting point for DXM is around 122-124°

Now I was just wondering, the last step of the Agent Lemon extraction method says to gently boil the mixture, if the temperature moved above 124° and the DXM melted would this be a problem?? Would the DXM be damaged or worse yet, turned into something kinda toxic??

Also I've been unable to come across a boiling point for DXM, I've read that it's fairly high so I'm not too worried about it, just curious really.

im pretty sure it was dxm that i read turns into a very toxic posion if heated too much. though not entirely sure.

id just skull the syrup down, stuff playing with chemicals and what not to make an extraction, why even bother to take that risk.

Just found this info at The Dextroverse:

Dextromethorphan reacts with oxygen at room temperature, though not at any appreciable rate. However, at 395-397 Kelvin, Dextromethorphan Hydrobromide's melting point, this changes and Dextromethorphan reacts with oxygen to produce some very toxic chemicals.

395 Kelvin = about 122 degrees Celsius, so I guess you would wanna be pretty careful if you do boil a DXM mixture... although, would the DXM react with the oxygen in a watery solution?? The quote was aimed at people trying to smoke DXM, so i wonder if it would still apply if it was in solution

Food for thought!!

i wouldnt extract it purely for this reason.

skull that shit back with your nose closed and have water etc to wash it down. not THAT bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.