View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big and Dandy DMT thread - Next Phase

Status
Not open for further replies.
I smoked DMT the other night. It is always difficult for me to remember what exactly happened but I know it was amazing.

willow11 said:
...on another note, supposedly shamans have been using certain 'gestures' to help tame the intensity of visions for thousands of years, and I tend to think this is a similar-type phenomenon. Does no one else experience this awesomeness (truly expanded, heaven-on-earth, peak moment translated through your body)?
I think you refer to the so-called "Magic Passes" of shamanism. I thought the hand gestures/movements were more about, not taming the trip, but girecting it a bit more. Good old Castaneda wrote a book of the exact same name..... Anyway, I do find that I feel almost double jointed on DMT, and often feel the urge to "beam" light down my arms, out my splayed fingers etcera. DMT seems to merge the physical and spirtual in a blurry miasma of yesness.
samadhi_smiles said:
My last mushroom trip I broke into a complex series of mudras - I did not know what I was doing, but I felt like I was passing through some sort of barrier that I did not know I could cross -

My pet theory is that the origins of yoga (mudras, asanas, mantras etc.) are directly connected to entheogen use. Over time though, its likely this knowledge was suppressed, distorted or forgotten.

The enhanced perception of 'prana' often caused by cannabis and/or psychedelics allowed greater awareness of the natural flow of this energy and ways to correct imbalances. Also while the lexicon may be different, the foundations of traditional shamanic healing may also lie in correcting similar 'energy imbalances' in the body/mind system.

Good news: DMT has found me right when I needed it to, in the form of a large rock of it that must be at least a gram. It's beautiful! And this time I will definitely be cleaning it up. <3 Much of it is already pure white, but there are some dark orange chunks as well.

Thanks you, to the guy who shared out of kindness, who will probably never read this. =D

I noticed that many natural sources and their preparations contain several alkaloids.
How do mixtures of the pure chemicals behave when assayed?
I.e. do DMT and 5-MeO-DMT synergize nicely or what? And what about the more "exotic" members of that family?

Youkai said:
Yes, Yellow DMT, regaurdless of what tint has fats and oils from the plant material in it, it is not clean and has non psychoactive gooy/oily crude in it. White/clear DMT will turn pink when left out, Iv seen it and porpously have ?oxidized? it to pink because it looks cool (and is actualy alil easier to work with, alil mroe waxy). IMO the high is DEFFINATELY different, not by a huge margin but I realy cant "get it" with yellow DMT, it seems to take to long to vaporise (prob a matter of a few seconds differences) but I think oils in it play a roll in this. The white DMt seems to deliver a MUCH better blast and flash with much more visuals. Its also alot easier to dose with white DMT, even very light white/yellow DMT seems to require at least 5mg more to get what is achived with 5mg less of white DMT.

Anyone can clean up there DMT quite easily, may it be your extraction or a gram you bought from someone. Simply put the rgam in a small glass container and add some room temp naphtha to it, slosh it around untill the crystals start to dissolve back into the solution ('it'll be cloudy/yellow) and the put it in a hot water bath and slosh it alil more, be careful to wipe off all condenstaion a water in it will be a bitch to work with.

now put it in an air tight glass container adn throw it in the fridge, within 6 hours you'll have a bunch of crystals precipitated out of the solvant and on the edges and bottom of the glass. Scrape the edges and collect the white crystals, leave the discolored ones on the bottom. Do another hot water abth and repeat the pocess over adn over and untill you ahve a bunch of white crystals, then repeat teh process on those.

There are also tricks in which you can catch the oils. they seem to drop first in a lump of yellow while in the fridge, you can "fish" it out and this will allow less repeats of the freeze precipts. Another way Iv bene working with is allow it to evap down all the way in warmer condition so crystals neevr form but you ahev a bunch of goo. cool it all down then throw some room temp naphtha in it, slosh it around and then freeze preipt on that. the oily goo in the evap bowl will still contain DMT and this process must be repeated numberous times, but its a way to get some good crystals that dont requir obsesive working to get clear DMT.

Oh yeah, with the first example on hwo to clean them in which you just collect the crystals from teh sides, evaping down while in that container between fridge trips can allow for faster droping of the crystals without ahving to do teh process so many times. And as Iv mentioned befor, V shaped conatiners work well in trapping the oils and allowing ALOT of sides for the white DMT to climb up.

some peopel may claim that there isnt a difference, I beg thsoe people to try to clean it up and see how much mroe of a trip it is. Just seems cleaner, more pure... because it is!

Hey Youkai... so, I just want to make sure I'm understanding this correctly. Once you dissolve in the naphtha, you put it in a hot water bath (in a small glass container containing the naphtha and dissolved DMT, and then make the container airtight and put it in the fridge. Then in a few hours crystals will form inside the container, on the sides? So do you then just use something to scrape the crystals off while the naphtha is still in there? Will this work because cold naphtha will not keep the crystals dissolved?

is Youkai's tek readily available somewhere? I've seen it referenced innumerable times, and I've been wanting to do an extraction for a while just for something fun to do in my kitchen. Well, and for the stash; y'know.

nbsp said:
I'm so smart.
Yes you are oh Master.
27.gif

=D

Delsyd, I have a message for you from beyond the grave...

...Please make room in your PM box...

Xorkoth said:
Hey Youkai... so, I just want to make sure I'm understanding this correctly. Once you dissolve in the naphtha, you put it in a hot water bath (in a small glass container containing the naphtha and dissolved DMT, and then make the container airtight and put it in the fridge. Then in a few hours crystals will form inside the container, on the sides? So do you then just use something to scrape the crystals off while the naphtha is still in there? Will this work because cold naphtha will not keep the crystals dissolved?

quote from http://www.erowid.org/plants/mimosa/mimosa_chemistry1.shtml :
The idea behind recrystallization is that solvents generally hold more solute when hot than cold and that the solubility of different solutes varies differently with temperature. If a solvent with a lot of different solutes dissolved in it cools down slowly, the different solutes will precipitate individually. Naptha will work for this but heptane is better. Heptane is available as Bestine -- a rubber cement remover.

Place a glass container with the DMT and a glass container of the recrystallization solvent together in a pan of hot water. Shot glasses in a saucepan work well for a gram or two. The fumes from whatever solvent you use will be extremely flammable, so don't use a gas stove or light a bowl or be otherwise stupid. The DMT will already be melting if the water is hot enough. Add the hot solvent little by little (eye-dropper), agitating until all of the DMT is dissolved. Use as little solvent as possible. It should take only about 20-30ml of solvent per gram of powder. The solvent will be a clear yellow.

Leave the pan of water with the DMT container to cool to room temperature. Remove the DMT container and cool in the refrigerator, then the freezer. You will end up with DMT crystals of varying purity atop a pellet of slag which still contains quite a bit of DMT but also lye if you skipped the ammonia wash. Filter the solvent and separate the crystals from the slag. The crystals can be refined in one or two more recrystallizations into pure clear DMT if desired. The slag can also be further refined or simply redissolved into the next batch. The solvent can be reused or evaporated down and the residue scraped and cleaned. And don't forget to scrub those jars and utensils with your favorite smoking herb!

^ thats isnt the best way.
the (dmt)nexus has a good thread on recrystalization. i would go there and read up.

i originally found this guys description on the nexus, but there might be better ways
ive always found this way to be the most straightforward for me at least

..at least the idea of letting it cool as slow as possible to freezing temp

btw...could you recommend what you consider to be a good tek? I'm getting some more bark in like...6 days and am willing to try something new aside from that one if there are indeed better methods

nomans tek for making dmt is is my favorite.
Highest yeilds and easiest to do.

There is a thread on the nexus started by my baby karma1485 about recrystalization help which has good detailed instructions on recrystalizing.

yea I've been using nomans tek

my very first time I made the mistake of using Qt's tek hah

but yea I found me what seems to be a better recrystal-tek thanks

adrian89987 said:
btw...could you recommend what you consider to be a good tek? I'm getting some more bark in like...6 days and am willing to try something new aside from that one if there are indeed better methods

just to make it a bit easier for ya heres the link to nomans tek
http://www.dmt-nexus.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=460

3 words... JUST KEEP PULLING ;)

its wise advice, get extra naptha, do extra pulls, re use naptha from old pulls... JUST KEEP PULLING

You will know when to stop. That is all.

^and after you know when to stop, just do one more!

then pull some red jungle its not mean like people say it is :)

Status
Not open for further replies.