View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big and Dandy 4-AcO-DMT Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I gave this one a try last week at 12mg and was quite pleased with the results. Visuals were crisp, but not overwhelming. The body high was lovely. No noticable "load" or naseua. In comparison with 4-aco-mipt, I would say that this one is less dreamy and has a sharper edge to it. Duration was appr. 3.5 hrs with no trouble sleeping. Myself and the girl who was tripping with me agreed that it was definately in the "try again" category.
Some highlights included the mixer and cdj's looking like the controls to a starship. Also, slapping the disco ball so the lights wobbled crazily around the room. It enhanced the the positive and silly mindset were were both in at the time. Next go will will be in an outdoor setting.

I've tried it at 25mg, and it was my third time and I have quite a bit of psychedelic tolerance, and I had a 2 hour blackout also, coming to after the peak with almost total ego loss. It wasn't scary because I just am not scared by ego loss anymore, but I would not give yourself or your girlfriend 25mg for the first time, if ever. Next time I take it, I'm taking 20 in hopes that I avoid a blackout. I had a blackout my first time as well, with 30mg.

Xorkoth said:
I don't know.... this chemical is definitely incredibly short. It drops off quickly, that's for sure.

Really? Under 3hrs at >16 mgs short? My orally imbibed experiences have averaged around 5hrs, as have my friend's and many people's on this board. I've experienced the quick drop off though; it's very nice. 4-AcO-DMT seems very 'clean', as stated previously it has a 'high signal to noise ratio'.

Weird you guys are finding this short acting. Or maybe its weird for me. It lasts longer than mushrooms for me, by a few hours. I'd say I got a solid 8hrs out of this one. When it begins to wear off, it wears off rather smoothly and quickly, but the whole experience was way, way longer than 3-4 hours.

fizzacyst said:
Weird you guys are finding this short acting. Or maybe its weird for me. It lasts longer than mushrooms for me, by a few hours. I'd say I got a solid 8hrs out of this one. When it begins to wear off, it wears off rather smoothly and quickly, but the whole experience was way, way longer than 3-4 hours.

Same here.

Also, in my experience 25mg is an OK dose, but I think I have quite a tolerance for this (and most drugs, it seems). BongFish2 and I split 80mg between us over the course of 3-4 hours (see my trip report) and I didn't feel anywhere close to overwhelmed enough to black out.

^^ If you took it over 3-4 hours, then no wonder it lasted longer for you...

Xorkoth said:
^^ If you took it over 3-4 hours, then no wonder it lasted longer for you...

That wasn't what I was basing my opinion on, my first trip was on a single ~22mg dose and lasted for a similar time, around 7-8 hours. You'll see I concluded that redosing might not affect duration that much.

Yeah, my oral dose of 24mg or 26mg, whichever it was (sorry, it was in Oct.) lasted a solid 8 hours. There was another 2 or so where I felt different, but nothing very strong. I probably could have slept at that point.

That's so weird... the trip is so short for me, probably the shortest oral full psychedelic I've ever used. I mean, I guess I have some residual light body high after 3 hours, but it's fairly unnoticeable except as an afterglow.

This also lasts awhile for me, longer than a comparable mushroom trip..

I've only sampled once, 25mg. It took nearly an hour and a half to the effects to peak in intensity. Peaked for probably 2-2.5 hours, then gradually dropped off. I was near baseline around 7-8 hours after ingestion, but still not quite feeling normal for a couple hours after that.

I've had some mushroom trips peak within the first hour, and end quickly. ANd I have had others that took a good two hours to hit (like LSD) and last much longer. ALso had that with iprocin. My feelings are that diet and/or other factors greatly affect the absorbtion of 4-hydroxy tryptamines and their respective 4-acetoxy and phosphoraloxy esters.

I've only sampled once, 25mg. It took nearly an hour and a half to the effects to peak in intensity.

Well, I guess that goes to show that we're all affected differently. For me, the substance began its effects at 10 minutes (orally), became quite strong at 20 minutes, and was nearing the peak at 30 minutes. Of course, I had no food whatsoever in my stomach.

My feelings are that diet and/or other factors greatly affect the absorbtion of 4-hydroxy tryptamines and their respective 4-acetoxy and phosphoraloxy esters.[/QUOTE]

In what way MGS? Are you talking about the usual fast a little while before injesting psychedelics or something a little deeper/scientific than that? Whats the basis for these feelings? I would love to potentiate this compound without having to resort to MAOIs.

Xorkoth said:
Well, I guess that goes to show that we're all affected differently.

Of course, but it's odd that this one has such a broad range of duration, from short to fairly long. I've only sampled once so I'm not going to start assuming anything yet. But I do know that I hadn't eaten for 5-6 hours before trying this stuff.

It's as MGS said, numerous factors contribute to the duration, or rather the experience as whole.

There's been times it's taken 2 hours for 2C-E to peak, others just 45 minutes.

It seems that different people trip different lengths of time on this one...

Myself, in 4 different trials, have found the drug to last about 5 hours before "down" , yet there is a lingering tail end "vibe" that lasts another few hours. Waking up the next morning I can tell that I tripped the night before.

A friend of mine had a solid 8+ hour journey on just 16mg. Maybe even 10 hours. His onset was delayed beyond mine about an hour. I felt the effects in about 10 minutes, he took over an hour to feel it.

I'd leave up to 8 hours for this one, just in case. And chances are if you don't cap it you'll feel it orally in less than 20 minutes.

The range of responses is very interesting. Perhaps there is more than one batch going around(what I have seen is a light tan color, very fine crystals). I would agree with Xorkoth that for me, this is the shortest acting oral psychedelic, quite similar to ayahuasca in that regard.

I should mention that am light 135lb, vegetarian and usually trip on a semi-empty stomach. Also I usually dose by adding the powder or liquid suspension to some type of fruit or vegetable juice and drink it over 5-10 minutes.

Hopefully this weekend I'll get the change to try again. I'm thinking 15mg, laying down, pitch darkness, listening to an Icaros CD. I hope to explore its ayahuasca like qualities more fully.

Last edited:
About the onset time: When taken orally, does everyone dissolve the compound into some kind of liquid and finish it fairly quick? Encapsulated (gelatin) doses take far longer to come on (>30 min in my experience).

Regarding different batches, my answer to the following questions is 'yes': Do you have the fumerate? Is everyone's 4-AcO-DMT a very very light tan color? Is it very fine grained? Does it clump just slightly so that you get small flecks that need chopping up? Does it dissolve clearly in water?

I recall some people in this thread saying it sticks to everything, but that isn't my experience at all. However, I keep mine in the freezer so I don't know what heat or moisture might do to it. If there's a similar variance between users with the onset time and duration of mushrooms then I guess having it with 4-AcO-DMT shouldn't be unexpected.

Last edited:
I wonder if it could be possible that some people's bodies are metabolizing it into a different drug and some people are shuttling it across the BBB right away (in some spectrum of proportion thereof). This could account for the variance in onset times. This is not unprecedented that some people have the enzyme to metabolize a certain chemical and others don't.

psood0nym said:
About the onset time: When taken orally, does everyone dissolve the compound into some kind of liquid and finish it fairly quick? Encapsulated (gelatin) doses take far longer to come on (>30 min in my experience).

It came on in about 15 minutes with a gel cap for me. Gel cap really doesn't slow down absorption that much in my experience, orally (though I think rectally it slows it down a bit (10-15 mins more latent).

e1evene1even said:
The range of responses is very interesting. Perhaps there is more than one batch going around(what I have seen is a light tan color, very fine crystals). I would agree with Xorkoth that for me, this is the shortest acting oral psychedelic, quite similar to ayahuasca in that regard.

I should mention that am light 135lb, vegetarian and usually trip on a semi-empty stomach. Also I usually dose by adding the powder or liquid suspension to some type of fruit or vegetable juice and drink it over 5-10 minutes.

Hopefully this weekend I'll get the change to try again. I'm thinking 15mg, laying down, pitch darkness, listening to an Icaros CD. I hope to explore its ayahuasca like qualities more fully.

Wow, you and I are very, very similar! I'm also 135 lbs, and eat mostly vegetarian although I do eat meat around once a week. I also usually dose on an empty stomach (although I eat that day, earlier, as you do) and I always add chemicals to water or other liquid suspension to aid absorbtion speed. Maybe that has something to with why we both find it very short-acting.

And my 4-AcO-DMT is also light tan and so fine as to appear a powder. Although as far as I know a single place is producing all the 4-AcO-DMT. I could be wrong there, as this conclusion was reached only through observation.

bluedolphin said:
Myself, in 4 different trials, have found the drug to last about 5 hours before "down" , yet there is a lingering tail end "vibe" that lasts another few hours. Waking up the next morning I can tell that I tripped the night before.

Well, it also leaves quite a lingering vibe for me, or afterglow. I definitely feel residual positive, spiritual vibes for at least the whole next day, although since I utilize it as fully as I can it generally resonates in me for quite a bit longer (well, based on 3 trials anyway). It feels much like the DMT afterglow, actually... very wholesome and glowing.

Status
Not open for further replies.