• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Benzos The Best Benzodiazepine for tapering off benzo addiciton is...

c97521d9

Bluelighter
OK, this is my opinion, but it helped me out of a daily habit of 40mg diazepam plus a mix of 40mg alprazolam and clonazepam.

The benzo I used to taper was diclazepam. Doesn't get a lot of fanfare, mostly because it's basically the same same in nearly every way, only ten times stronger per milligram. No doctor, even knowing my history, could or would prescribe me enough to withdraw safely in under probably years, so I took it into my own hands. A few packs of 300 2mg diclazepam (so like 600 of 10mg diazepam), and I was able to wean myself off with judgement (and past experience with acute withdrawal.)

Given the amplified power of many RC benzos these days, diclazepam is pretty much what I'd recommend to replace diazepam (Valium) for comedowns and withdrawal. Even for normal benzo addicition, if you're careful with doses.

My 2c.

Valium, not rc benzos would be the best to taper. I don't trust rc's. Stick with valium or clonazepam

Valium, not rc benzos would be the best to taper. I don't trust rc's. Stick with valium or clonazepam
I'd agree usually, but for the few cases where RC benzos have been abused, and doctors don't understand or aren't willing to prescribe enough traditional benzos, diclazepam is about as safe as an RC benzo comes, virtually identical to diazepam

If you can trust your vendor sure, but i don't. In my country if you're addicted to benzos, rc or regular they will taper you like they do methadone

If you can trust your vendor sure, but i don't. In my country if you're addicted to benzos, rc or regular they will taper you like they do methadone
Very true, I used it for the big taper just before mid 2015 when there were a lot of tried and tested vendors out on the net. I wouldnt trust a darknet vendor pressing their own pills from whatever they think the powder they bought is and binders