• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The beginning of My Journey. Psychedelic Therapy Expirement (Please only Advise if you have Experience)

Incidentally, I was suicidal in the days when I used MDMA and mushrooms to treat my mental health. What they did for me was that they allowed me to at first feel better about myself (through MDMA)* and then to see my life from a different perspective (through mushrooms). It was as if the gate to my true self was opened up. I'm not the same person I was before then.
I would love to try DMT as I've never tried it, but I don't think it has any high-level utility for me from a self-improvement perspective. I DO have things I need to tweak a bit in my life, but even my binge drinking for example isn't really a problem. I have some lingering social anxiety-type issues from my meth use days, but I work on that conciously every day and have it under control.

I think DMT would just be me having a laugh again......I'm half laughing at the universe as I am with it.

I think DMT would be too intense to have had the same beneficial effects that my early MDMA (~120mg) and mushroom (~3.5g) use had.
I think it would be more like my 7g mushroom trip: fucking awesome (weeee!, wtf is happening to the damn clocks again?!) with maybe some after-effect introspection?

*--This was more through honest conversations with the friends I was with than generally "feeling great!" from the high. :p

Question. Update sorta : 11/5/2020
Would prefacing the experience with a small amount of klonopin before hand. Maybe .5 1mg kill the trip? I’ve drank 40s before but the anxiety is killing me about even using them cause I know how powerful and life changing can be. I know the only way to handle this is to take the dive and practice my grounding techniques I just wanna know I got something to help if so. Klonopin always knocks out anxiety to which I can enjoy weed but I don’t want it to overpower the experience

It wouldn't kill the trip, but I wouldn't do it tbh, you're going into it with certain intentions, I'd think benzos would hinder you + destroy the golden afterglow.
If you're worried, keep some on hand but don't falter at the slightest hint of anxiety (which will be there 100% ), it's more valuable to work through it probably.

Just my opinion, I have no on hand experience and my shroom trips were always with a recreational intent

Question. Update sorta : 11/5/2020
Would prefacing the experience with a small amount of klonopin before hand. Maybe .5 1mg kill the trip? I’ve drank 40s before but the anxiety is killing me about even using them cause I know how powerful and life changing can be. I know the only way to handle this is to take the dive and practice my grounding techniques I just wanna know I got something to help if so. Klonopin always knocks out anxiety to which I can enjoy weed but I don’t want it to overpower the experience
Kratom mellows out mushrooms a hell of a lot, dude.

No experience with klonopin, but Kratom would make mushrooms feel more like MDMA or Mescaline than a standard trip on psilocybin.

Less overt mind shattering spiritual stuff. More cultural/human, grounded earthly reflections of a more interpersonal and less ghostly nature.

This was always with heavy red veins though so idk what another sort of kratom might do in combination

Kratom mellows out mushrooms a hell of a lot, dude.

No experience with klonopin, but Kratom would make mushrooms feel more like MDMA or Mescaline than a standard trip on psilocybin.

Less overt mind shattering spiritual stuff. More cultural/human, grounded earthly reflections of a more interpersonal and less ghostly nature.

This was always with heavy red veins though so idk what another sort of kratom might do in combination
No problems with Serotonin Syndrome? I guess not, as it’s not releasing serotonin. Kratom rarely reduces anxiety. Would oxycodone be stupid in this sense. Keep in mind I already panic sometimes I think I told you before but I’m stoned af right now lol

It wouldn't kill the trip, but I wouldn't do it tbh, you're going into it with certain intentions, I'd think benzos would hinder you + destroy the golden afterglow.
If you're worried, keep some on hand but don't falter at the slightest hint of anxiety (which will be there 100% ), it's more valuable to work through it probably.

Just my opinion, I have no on hand experience and my shroom trips were always with a recreational intent
Oh yes I have some just for that about 5mg of my normal script (I only get 10 a month by choice). I just wondered if it would make it as fun, but I gotta remember I’m going in to learn and grow not fun and sometimes growing is scary. I know I’ll be fine. I’ve ate half ounces at a time but even 10 years down the road I know exactly what that felt like and have learned to give them the most respect out of any drugs. Ima do this I’m thinking maybe New Years I’ve set a date informed those closest to me and they have agreed to just be there and help calm me down. Mainly I think ima get “stuck” in a trip like the mainstream would have you believe but that’s a myth. Psychosis is real and I understand those risk but I highly doubt I’ll achieve that cause I’m remaining under 1 g for first attempt. I’ll be testing before hand just to gauge potency on a microdose level cause there’s no accurate way other then testing these to know if they are stronger then normal. Indoor grown so I believe they will be of average potency but not going to risk it, I’ll slowly increase that as a I feel comfortable probably once
what would a reasonable expectation of mg /g dry weight for a first time grow be? These are golden teachers so I’ve heard they are mild I’d like to work my way into the the realm of John Hopkins doses. (20 mg) or so. What would everyone conservatively guess 20mg to be dry weight an eighth? I’ve usually had a golden standard of 3.5 as a late teen and in early 20’s. Also I’m in a hell of a better mindset then I was 10 years ago so I just still tend to overanalyze so I’m hoping I can get an experience to help me form new connections to stop doing that and still maintain my rationality

Man, I just down some pints or wine during the trip if the anxiety gets to be too high.

Yea? Or nah?
Certainly but alcohol I metabolize weird so if I drink one drink and don’t keep drinking I get a hangover. Headache General shit feeling Etc Etc which isn’t as bad with klonopin which is why I prefer those and opiates better as rec drugs but klonopin is not really rec to me.

You sound like you're doing it exactly right, @FuneralFather

Start easy, mild strain, have someone with you.

Sounds super legit.
Yeah super cautious. Almost to a point where I may have my SO dose me cause I’m to scared to pull trigger ima grind my supply so my doses so are uniform potency throughout. What would you say to be the equivalent of 20mg of psilocybin? 3.5 to 4 grams?

Certainly but alcohol I metabolize weird so if I drink one drink and don’t keep drinking I get a hangover.

I gotta be honest with you....as a binge drinker....I'm a little bit jealous.

You're telling me that you MUST binge drink to avoid hangovers?!

Whooooah. 🤯

Yeah super cautious. Almost to a point where I may have my SO dose me cause I’m to scared to pull trigger ima grind my supply so my doses so are uniform potency throughout. What would you say to be the equivalent of 20mg of psilocybin? 3.5 to 4 grams?

I don't know. I don't know what the amount of psilocybin in a given strain ranges within. It can vary and I don't even know what a good reference number would be.

I'm a bit worried that if you're that nervous about taking mushrooms you may get to a point in your trip which you find unnecessarily uncomfortable (as in with no possible benefit).

No problems with Serotonin Syndrome? I guess not, as it’s not releasing serotonin. Kratom rarely reduces anxiety. Would oxycodone be stupid in this sense. Keep in mind I already panic sometimes I think I told you before but I’m stoned af right now lol
Nah I dont think kratom is a serotonin releaser, neither is psilocybin, I'm pretty sure they're safe from a science standpoint, but not 100% it just worked for me anecdotally.

I think tramadol/MDMA would be a much more dangerous cousin to this kratom/shrooms combo, seeing as MDxx releases SERt and tramadol has SRI flavors

Oxy is perfectly safe from a physical standpoint, but would likely make you so high, that the shrooms won't make U won't trip on the things that bother you, which would nullify the point of the mushrooms therapeutically. Or maybe it wouldn't. Oxy and psyches didnt mix well for me, I always saved my oxy for post trip/comedowns

I gotta be honest with you....as a binge drinker....I'm a little bit jealous.

You're telling me that you MUST binge drink to avoid hangovers?!

Whooooah. 🤯
It’s weird. It’s how I go from not drinking at all to finishing fifths of 100 proof spiced rum. Btw with sprite I call that a Vanilla Coke. Lol capt Morgan’s although I have bought and poured out 2 fifths exactly. Alcohol isn’t it with me lol but I don’t knock others

Nah I dont think kratom is a serotonin releaser, neither is psilocybin, I'm pretty sure they're safe from a science standpoint, but not 100% it just worked for me anecdotally.

I think tramadol/MDMA would be a much more dangerous cousin to this kratom/shrooms combo, seeing as MDxx releases SERt and tramadol has SRI flavors

Oxy is perfectly safe from a physical standpoint, but would likely make you so high, that the shrooms won't make U won't trip on the things that bother you, which would nullify the point of the mushrooms therapeutically. Or maybe it wouldn't. Oxy and psyches didnt mix well for me, I always saved my oxy for post trip/comedowns
I probably would too. I’m starting my vitamin stack for a few weeks. I keep getting feelings to take it but I’m trying to sorta get to as peak as I can nutrition wise. Which means no fast food from Saturday on until I trip. I’m taking 400 mg 5htp to also put me in a better mood overall. The day of I won’t stack anything other then my mushroom supplement and vitamins currently taking 1000 mg tyrosine and 400 mg 5htp supplement that has other serotonin boosters such as SAMe and tryptophan. So hopefully that and hemp protein I can get my magnesium levels back up and relax myself a little more psychologically but I’m getting there and more comfortable with the idea. My SO is also understanding the process. They come from a standpoint of half a gram max. So like I said making sure we our on same level going in is really important.

I probably would too. I’m starting my vitamin stack for a few weeks. I keep getting feelings to take it but I’m trying to sorta get to as peak as I can nutrition wise. Which means no fast food from Saturday on until I trip. I’m taking 400 mg 5htp to also put me in a better mood overall. The day of I won’t stack anything other then my mushroom supplement and vitamins currently taking 1000 mg tyrosine and 400 mg 5htp supplement that has other serotonin boosters such as SAMe and tryptophan. So hopefully that and hemp protein I can get my magnesium levels back up and relax myself a little more psychologically but I’m getting there and more comfortable with the idea. My SO is also understanding the process. They come from a standpoint of half a gram max. So like I said making sure we our on same level going in is really important.
This is a great mindset, dude, I really believe you'll figure out a pattern that works for you regarding self provided psychedelic therapy

This is a great mindset, dude, I really believe you'll figure out a pattern that works for you regarding self provided psychedelic therapy
Thanks brother I’m really trying to make it the best experience as I can. It’s crazy to be taking the dive again and at any point I can when I’m ready. But I find it pertinent to Atleast be working on my vitamin levels, along with fish oil and be as top shape as I can nutrient wise. I’m also finishing my weed, a lot of people use it but I don’t want it influencing my trip. Would you say a 3 days or a week if you was abstaining from cannabis. Personally the day of... I’ll only be taking my multi vit and my fish oil. Paul stamets recommended stacking mushrooms on top of other mushroom supplements but host defense gives me a horrible stomach ache. Today I’m going to grocery store to get probiotics so my gut health is worked on as a well. Question.. do you think it would be foolish to tell my psychiatrist. He’s very cool and I’ve always been quite honest I’m just wondering if telling him I plan to do psychedelic therapy if he’s going get iffy and drop my klonopin prescription I don’t foresee he will I plan to have supporting evidence and I plan on saying I got this information from Michael Pollens new book and then I began researching Roland Griffith’s. I plan to display to him this isn’t a high to me this is help. I just don’t wanna seems sketch

Update: 11/7

I debated on taking small dose yesterday but a brief bullshit argument dropped my mood so I delayed it. I plan on sometime this week trying to gauge potency of them. I’m using probably a half gram if that’s what everyone thinks may be a good idea I know I can handle it all but it’s been so long I’m so nervous but I either need to shit or get off pot soon, cause New Years is right around the corner and I plan on being at peak trip as the year changes. I’m a fan of how you bring in the year is how it will end up. Despite coronavirus, I had a good year newer car. I’m learning myself. Lemme know if you think New Years would be good idea?

I’m a fan of how you bring in the year is how it will end up.

Yeah, me mum keeps telling me this. There may be something to it, as it sure as hell would explain the last decade+ of my life.

Yeah, I don't see why NYE wouldn't be a good idea.

Yeah, me mum keeps telling me this. There may be something to it, as it sure as hell would explain the last decade+ of my life.

Yeah, I don't see why NYE wouldn't be a good idea.
My SO has quite a bit to drink lol on those days. I keep forgetting I’ve sat in a hotel room alone on earth a half ounce of mushrooms and was fine. This will be my first attempt in quite a while and I honestly can’t remember what to expect I get vague remembrances of the experience. That being said I’m still figuring out a dose I can gauge the potency with. I’m thinking .5 should lemme know pretty well but I’m never really going to know how many mg/g I get